Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East (38522 Views)

Senate Presidency: Igbo Youths To Hold 2 Million March To Support Orji Kalu / Primate Ayodele: South-East Won’t Get Presidency, Igbo Politicians Are Betrayals / Joe Igbokwe On 2023 Presidency: 'Igbo Candidate Can’t Be Trusted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Integrafamoo: 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
Atiku/ Obi

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
Igbo president will change Nigeria finally

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Benwallt(m): 9:13pm On Aug 28, 2020
otobasin2323:
how i wish i could just leave this country, i have made up my mind nigeria can never be better it will take years for that to happen.
God bless me let me relocate my family
If you are Nigeria will you say this things to yourself? Where are you relocating to? Another man's land. You run your own life n failed not to talk of Nigeria being run by fools.

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by SaintLucia: 9:13pm On Aug 28, 2020
SLAP44:

Do you know that Niger state is bigger than the entire South West?
And Oyo state is bigger than the entire southeast grin

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Godons1: 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
Igbo will never rule this Country

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by riczy(m): 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
SLAP44:

Please, How can I get to Rumuokoro from Ado Ekiti?
in which state?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Barbsamiin: 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
Getting a president is not an audio player's order, anyone who want to be a president can come out and contest.

We will see, They said "majority carries the vote."

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Farki: 9:16pm On Aug 28, 2020
Sanchez01:
It is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind that the group is sponsored by one of the nominees. But politics isn't played this way and power won't be dropped on anyone's laps come 2023.

This is the exact same mindset of Ohaneze (youth and adult branch), politicians of the South East and a sizeable amount of the South East people but it is delusional to believe that an automatic pass be granted a particular area because they haven't tried before.

The funniest part of it all is that all of the nominees are featherweight and won't even win elections in their state hands down if they run under the APC. Moghalu looks good to me but he is not sellable even in his own state and region.

The South East is playing the 2023 politics the wrong way. No strategy, no power candidate and none of them is influential to pull a miracle outside of the South East. And then there is the issue of trust the North has towards... lipsrsealed

The most realistic analysis I've seen.

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by TheExclusive: 9:16pm On Aug 28, 2020
SE/SW for pdp should work. An Obi/ Makinde joint ticket is good to go.

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Benwallt(m): 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
Correcto:
Who are the States? 2023 is still years from now. Yours last words show why Nigeria is in a mess.
2023 isn't far brother. I just like d Igbo ppl n I would really like to c one as the President of this nation. The earlier the better. You ppl should get your shit right n speak with one voice.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by kgr8mike(m): 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
David Umahi is a tested hand. He is faithful with little. Nigeria in his hands as president, Nigeria will compete with first world economies.

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Correcto: 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
And what is wrong if it is sponsored by one of the nominees? Every politician do this. So what's new?
Sanchez01:

Don't be fooled. Dr. Olukayode's phantom organization is sponsored by one or two nominees on the list. It makes a bit of sense to see a Yoruba man agitate Igbo presidency but that's all there is to it. Splinter cell pressure groups like terror cells as this have no impact or weight.

In the end, Dr. Olukayode will be paid for his time and he will move on.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Ayomi90: 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
kcnwaigbo:

No SWner can emerge president without support from the SE/SS
Says who? 5% ppl, d 5% sef no get voters card, dem don chop ofe nsala in place of VCard

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Benwallt(m): 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2020
riczy:
in which state?
Enter Port Harcourt first then beging to ask questions
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheExclusive:
SE/SW for pdp should work. An Obi/ Makinde joint ticket is good to go.

Never Yoruba first.....

Any other can come behind.

But in the real sense, anyone that can make Nigeria okay shud rule. Igbo hausa or yoruba or ebira..
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by robosky02(m): 9:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
Peter obi for president 2023
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by CodeTemplar: 9:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
Sanchez01:
It is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind that the group is sponsored by one of the nominees. But politics isn't played this way and power won't be dropped on anyone's laps come 2023.

This is the exact same mindset of Ohaneze (youth and adult branch), politicians of the South East and a sizeable amount of the South East people but it is delusional to believe that an automatic pass be granted a particular area because they haven't tried before.

The funniest part of it all is that all of the nominees are featherweight and won't even win elections in their state hands down if they run under the APC. Moghalu looks good to me but he is not sellable even in his own state and region.

The South East is playing the 2023 politics the wrong way. No strategy, no power candidate and none of them is influential to pull a miracle outside of the South East. And then there is the issue of trust the North has towards... lipsrsealed
Politics isn't by quarrelling one's way up. It is by alliance n support. Sometimes i am tempted to think the Igbo monikers bashing otgers here are sponsored by either the north or west.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Lovelyn451(f): 9:26pm On Aug 28, 2020
Benwallt:
This Igbo people won't fail to disappoint person. Suggesting 11 persons while other sides are already presenting their best. Na dem go do till the election. Just fine one person even if na craze person.
thats our problem...instead of them to stick with peter obi they're naming 11 persons...tchew

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by lozanni(m): 9:26pm On Aug 28, 2020
Sanchez01:

LMAO grin

Don't be naive. Even if you were (we know you are), you won't get it. The PDP whom the South East has served dutifully for over 16 years won't even hand a ticket to you, even if it means testing the waters.

The party you so much despise won't be reckless to hand their ticket to you. The biggest Igbo politician under the APC (Ngige), having tasted ministerial power equated his political power with Tinubu's, the one man the North fears and dread.

Trust me, the two major parties won't hand a ticket to the South East and we know this. So, whether or not you are interested is useless.

Dr. Olukayode is paid to 'do the Lord's work' here and publicity is the job he got contracted to do. There is no urgency anywhere because this 'urgency' is paid for by your very own politicians.

You write as if you are gifted with divine knowledge and vision in assuming that neither of the political parties will give their presidential ticket to a South Eastern candidate come 2023.
I wish to remind you that power belongs to God, and he will give it to whom he freely chooses, even events that happened during the 2015 General elections ought to be a pointer to this fact.
Also there are just and equitable politicians in both parties, I believe, who might rightly feel the ticket should go to the Southeast zone.

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Harmlesspill(m): 9:27pm On Aug 28, 2020
nogragra:
Dreamers, bunch of useless thieves, can anything credible come from among losers? .South East did not work where they want to reap. Dream on, oh dreamers, dream on.
Rochas nkor??
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Godons1: 9:27pm On Aug 28, 2020
Bitchlover:
Make we talk truth Peter Obi as President no fit harm us oh.

Peter Obi is not even Igbo.

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by ipobarethieves: 9:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
grin conFUSED pipu.Kanu our leader must hia diz

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Polchiz(m): 9:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
Sanchez01:

You aren't communicating. However, let me clear you on why an Igbo president is a pipe dream, at least for now.

1. The PDP is interested in returning to power and will most likely hand over its ticket to a Northerner because they desperately need to win. An Igbo president under the PDP is unrealistic as there is no Igbo politician with a national appeal. Heck, not even one that can win an election outside his state, even in the South East.

2. The APC will most likely retain the seat and understands that the best way to do it is to NOT hand its presidential ticket to someone of the Igbo extraction. Why? Because the North will aggressively reject the idea and the APC will lose the North. Plus, the North is still interested, leaving the battle to the North and South West.

3. Voting Strength: The South East is the least influential region, politically, as far as Nigeria is concerned, which is why the PDP had taken the region for a ride for over 16 years. Both parties know they only need a fraction of the South East vote and then look forward to appealing to the SW for the decider. Knowing the South East is weak vote-wise, it would be foolhardy to entrust the ticket to a region with low voting power.

4. National Appeal: While Tinubu has mastered the art of packaging and winning, one thing 'his' politicians all have in common is a sound profile and a decent amount of popularity outside their region. None of your politicians have that.

5. The North: I hate to say this, but the North will never vote an Igbo candidate, no thanks to history. The level of distrust is so huge that any party that announces an Igbo presidential candidate, as far as the North is concerned has set itself up for failure. While the South East warms up to the North, the North look toward the South West for periodic relationships, which is why they are unbothered so long they are in agreement with the Yorubas.

6. Absence of power politicians: You all hate the feeling of a Tinubu in the South East but it is somewhat necessary. The absence of one is why there is no unification in the South East. Rochas is to Imo as Gburugburu is to Enugu. Worse is the fact that these guys don't even wield any power even at home. The North will always rely on the West because of the presence of its unifiers, namely Obasanjo and more importantly BAT. They need his power, his influence and his alliance to succeed in the West and he has transcended to the North with the influence.

7. Burnt Bridges: Not sure I should say anything about this... You already know.

So, my good friend, there is no surprise whatsoever in 2023. The election will be decided the day either party hands the ticket to the South East.

PS: APGA would have had a shot at producing an Igbo president but it is primarily an Anambra party, not even respected outside Anambra.
I can tell you for free that the next president of Nigeria will be an Igbo man.
Record this in your diary and remind me of it come May 29, 2023.
You know nothing about international politics.

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by flokii: 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
TimeManager:
Yoruba dey always overdo. A Yoruba man rallying for ibo presidency meanwhile ibo men like Daniel Kanu & Arthur Nzeribe spent all their time & resources to thwart the Yoruba presidency in '93. How many times will Yoruba have to take a bullet for ibos?
Yoruba ronu o.

kiss the truth!

Obviously there are bad eggs everywhere.. that one lost Yoruba is campaigning for well-known Yoruba haters with anti-Yoruba agenda isn't a cause for alarm.

Any party that fields SE as candidate should forget it, Nigerians don't want.

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by ipobarethieves: 9:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
cool d list is not complete without our kerosene plus Eba and egusi soup gov of Abia

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by megama: 9:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by isaythetruth(m): 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
only Ogbonnaya Onu is fit to be president!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
flokii:

Obviously there are bad eggs everywhere.. that one lost Yoruba is campaigning for well-known Yoruba haters with anti-Yoruba agenda isn't a cause for alarm.

Any party that fields SE as candidate should forget it, Nigerians don't want.

Instead of ibos shouting presidency, presidency. They should 1st try and gauge the opinion of their friends/colleagues who are from other regions, if they have any that can tell them the truth, afterall these are the people who are going to vote. They wont because igbos dont like hearing bad news, they will either insult you or you will be afraid to tell them the truth to their faces. But if they did, they will realise Nigerians are not voting for ibo president anytime soon.

Re: 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East by Amah70: 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
Sanchez01:

ROTATION OF THE PRESIDENCY BETWEEN NORTH AND SOUTH:
We dropped the presidency on the laps of the Yoruba in 1999. When were you born,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aisha Umar: Abaribe Kicks As Buhari Nominates Chairman, DG For PENCOM Board / Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos / Dolapo Osinbajo Steps Out In Sports Outfit For Morning Walk Against Cancer(pics

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53