Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) (82292 Views)

17-Year-Old Girl Accuses Justin Ugonna Of Statutory Rape. He Reacts / 77-Year-Old Man Released From Prison Deemed Too Old To Be Dangerous, Kills Again / Man Released By Ritualists After 2 Years In Ibadan Because He Wasn't Useful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by lexander(m): 11:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
madridguy:
Subhanalah, 44 good years for crime he didn't commit. This is racism against the man.

May God Almighty no let us see akoba, adaba, Amin.

The man should jejely sue them for 100 Billion dollar.
you call that racism because it's white on black how about in Nigeria how where it's black on black, but some people will argue why I want the same punishment given to rapist to be given to false accusers
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Nowenuse: 11:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
RTSC:
This is also why I always tell immigrants to be grateful to the African American.

They paid with their blood and sweat for the privileges you enjoy.

A black man from ilesa will Immigrate to America and become a judge in 10 years.

Just because people like Malcolm X, MLK, Curtis Lewis, Jesse Jackson and countless slaves refused to take the status quo.

If not, the America up till the 60s was a deadly jungle for the black man.

Thank you very much for this.
This is why I always get angry at Nigerians or other Africans who ever talk bad about the Black Americans.
Black Americans are heroes to me!
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by daveP(m): 11:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
They didn't even focus on the so called woman's accusations. What's her say on his innocence. I'd get the movie. Lord God!!!
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by lexander(m): 11:34pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ayemileto:

Seems you don't get the point.

Or you didn't read the article at all.

Or you read it, but didn't understand.

Based on the article, There was a robbery and rape at her house, so it's not false accusation as she actually got raped.

The issue is the person arrested and sentenced for the crime was wrong, and police have DNA, fingerprint and clothe fibre evidences that shows he's not the culprit, but refused to inform the defense lawyer.

Just try to read and understand the entire article, instead of jumping to comment.

The police are actually to blame, because due to their negligence, they punished the wrong person while the real culprit have escaped punishment.
bros it's still a false accusation because he's not the perpetrator of the act

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Nowenuse: 11:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
mu2sa2:
The whites are Christians. The blacks they oppress are Christians.
WHY are Christians oppressing fellow Christians in USA?

See this donkeey.
Do you think Christians are brainwashed muslims who do not know their left from right?

No Christian especially a Black Christian will ever trade their race, ethnicity or origin in the name of a religion. To us, religion is secondary, unlike you brainwashed föolish Black muslims that desperately want to become Arabs.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Nowenuse: 11:57pm On Aug 29, 2020
kizyalex10:
The rate of racism abroad eh,u will wonder if these people regards us as humans,even here in korea,they give us d hardest jobs and still talk to us harshly while an egyptian counterpart who is fair is treated nice cos of his colour.sometimes when i have a bad day at work,i jst begin to curse our leaders because if they had done the right thing and not to steal the future of our country we would have been living fine like the whites but then our country is also messed up to a point that u avoid police the way you avoid armed robbers because they re no different.or public office holders.its well.sometimes they can abuse u racially that u might enter depression

Cursing our leaders alone is not enough and will never help us.
The average Black African is a coward!
See the way lots of us run away abroad and never do anything within our power from the diaspora to change our country and uplift our people.
I am very happy about racism abroad, and I will keep on encouraging whites and others to keep on treating we blacks as shît in their countries until we black Africans have enough senses in our heads to come together and fight and die to make out homeland good.
The only people I feel for are those like Black Americans who have nowhere else to call home apart from America. But a Nigerian, Ghanaian or even a Jamaican/Haitian? We need to be dealt with more and more.

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Burgerlomo: 12:13am On Aug 30, 2020
gangstarmonk:

That's for sure!!! Unlike our beloved country angry
The officials might loot the pay cheque and DSS would definitely invite you if you speak out cry sad

Well said bro cool

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by zcee: 12:29am On Aug 30, 2020
Explorers:
He was sentenced to death for a crime he didn't commit.

He spent 28years on death row.

He was saved by a young lawyer.

True life story.

JUST MERCY, 2019.

Must watch, only for the strong heart.

It will shake you to your soul.
just mercy!!This movie mad me aswear..
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by folu4real(f): 2:04am On Aug 30, 2020
Eriokanmi:
I no say na black man e go be before opening the news post. I remember Henry McCollum and Leon Brown his brother who spent over 30 years on death Row in same NC prison for a similar offence they didn't commit until DNA evidence reversed the sentence. They just wasted their lives for nothing. when driven home by their aged dad, he asked them to use their seat belt but they said they didn't know how to use a seat belt. They found it strange cos it was never introduced in the automobile industry before they left for prison.The eldest was less than 20 years old when arrested and were both in their 50s when released in 2014. Even after their release, the then white judge was still alive. He said he showed no remorse for what he did. So much injustice dey yankee. May we not fall in wrong hands.

Hummm Amen ooo
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by planetx: 2:17am On Aug 30, 2020
I wish the dumb Nlanders that are always posting comments about how lovely US prisons are should spend 44 years inside one and come back and tell us their lovely experience.

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by planetx: 2:56am On Aug 30, 2020
t2luv1:

I am not making this up. Guess who was his girlfriend who showed up the day he was released? True shit A white woman he met online and have been corresponding for 3 years I think. Me being a black man the last thing I will want around me after spending 44 years for some shit like this will be a white woman. Just saying !!!!. That's my take.
I suspect he was with a white woman with the way he was hugging that white woman in the pictures.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Decryptor(m): 4:34am On Aug 30, 2020
I will just kuku look for the woman, kill her horribly and go back to jail!

So many rape accusations by women are nothing but falsehood!
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by hashtagged(m): 7:37am On Aug 30, 2020
Nmezor:
He needs to be compensated..Gosh 44yrs no beans

Asin eh, these whites are racists, just because he was black, he should better be payed millions or he should file a lawsuit

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by hashtagged(m): 7:39am On Aug 30, 2020
emaxjey:
embarassed I feel for the man already.. False accusation is not a good thing oo.. after 44 years .. cry

May we not be falsely accused of what we don't even know about!! I know what am saying because am a living witness ..

Please, Biko my signature is saying something..

Lol my cousin was once accused of raping a little girl, he was almost jailed, but the policewoman suggested a doctor checkup and they found the girl was still a virgin, the mother of the girl lattqr confessed that she made the girl do it cause she hated my cousins mom
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by djkirkoo2(m): 8:04am On Aug 30, 2020
madridguy:
Subhanalah, 44 good years for crime he didn't commit. This is racism against the man.

May God Almighty no let us see akoba, adaba, Amin.

The man should jejely sue them for 100 Billion dollar.
please google about Archie Williams. Same thing happened to him, he spent 37 years in jail for a rape crime he didn't commit.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by kizyalex10(m): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2020
Nowenuse:

Cursing our leaders alone is not enough and will never help us.
The average Black African is a coward!
See the way lots of us run away abroad and never do anything within our power from the diaspora to change our country and uplift our people.
I am very happy about racism abroad, and I will keep on encouraging whites and others to keep on treating we blacks as shît in their countries until we black Africans have enough senses in our heads to come together and fight and die to make out homeland good.
The only people I feel for are those like Black Americans who have nowhere else to call home apart from America. But a Nigerian, Ghanaian or even a Jamaican/Haitian? We need to be dealt with more and more.
does the population of nigerians abroad outweigh the ones in naija?why have there nt been a revolution nd to make matters worst,the tribalism nd religious difference has stopped Nigerians from acting against these leaders even to the state level,and our leaders re taking full advantage of that fact to do what ever they like,an average hausa man won't want u to mention abt buhari's incompetence,even yorubas if they re the onesbin power even to state level any zone that produces d governor tends to protect him against any form of criticism,they see it as hate even if they re suffering from d same regime,they believe its nt their turn that the state or country will learn hw to discipline leaders nd d corruption has been so legal that an average Nigerian is corrupt minded,i was in Nigeria from febuary nd was held bck from going bck due to corona till i left recently via cotonou,i will drive past police nd with my mask alone in the car they will stop to ask bribe while am going out during corona period nd i was preparing for my wedding yet the same police will take money from buses who stuffs human like sardine nd let them pass,infact come to public offices like d ministries etc nothing is working nd everyone wants u to greese their palm before they do what they ought to do,even airports,i once applied for a federal govt job when i left sch years bck nd the form that was meant to be free was sold 1k to all jobless applicants.etc.i can go on nd on nd sometimes i feel Nigeria is beyond redemption.seems they re the only country without light nd water which are the basics,they now have federal nd ordinary lights,when we were growing up atleast there is water board nd they give water most times as everyone has pump nd pay bills but now borehole is d order of the day,most people travel out of frustration nt because they wanted to..cos life here is nt easy nd very stressful too.but then again most Nigerian youths only contribute to any pussy or breast related matters on social media nd leave d essential problems facing our countries making the outdated old men to hold us to ransom nd most of our youths are greedy nd wants the opportunity to go there nd steal nd aquire as many side chicks as possible nd buying them houses nd cars with national wealth,don't think people abroad are having it rosy but the thing is that we pay for electricity,internet water nd gas nd see them nt to pay for what u didnt use nd if these basics te provided by our leaders including good road nd proper health care,Nigerians atleast can try nd do business or create them with this basic amenities.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by djkirkoo2(m): 8:09am On Aug 30, 2020
Eriokanmi:
I no say na black man e go be before opening the news post. I remember Henry McCollum and Leon Brown his brother who spent over 30 years on death Row in same NC prison for a similar offence they didn't commit until DNA evidence reversed the sentence. They just wasted their lives for nothing. when driven home by their aged dad, he asked them to use their seat belt but they said they didn't know how to use a seat belt. They found it strange cos it was never introduced in the automobile industry before they left for prison.The eldest was less than 20 years old when arrested and were both in their 50s when released in 2014. Even after their release, the then white judge was still alive. He said he showed no remorse for what he did. So much injustice dey yankee. May we not fall in wrong hands.
the same thing they did to Archie Williams. He spent 37 years in jail for a rape crime he didn't commit. After releasing him the judge said that he is sorry that there was nothing he could do then that all they needed to do then was to convict someone to calm the whole pressure. It happened in 1982.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by hermesprogidy(m): 8:12am On Aug 30, 2020
RTSC:
This is also why I always tell immigrants to be grateful to the African American.

They paid with their blood and sweat for the privileges you enjoy.

A black man from ilesa will Immigrate to America and become a judge in 10 years.

Just because people like Malcolm X, MLK, Curtis Lewis, Jesse Jackson and countless slaves refused to take the status quo.

If not, the America up till the 60s was a deadly jungle for the black man.
Please tell those ungrateful, cowardly Nigerians who spit on African Americans and roll with the white laden stereotypes that the African American is lazy and violent and all that rubbish talking points. Truth is, every minority owes the African American a thousand gratitude. Without the efforts of black civil rights icons, which led the signing into law the voting and civil rights act, Chinese, Indians, and other Asiatic ethnic groups will not have flourished in America. Forget all the hype you see, America was built on racism, America is still run on racism. America is deeply, deeply racist. If you are in the shoes of black people, you will be angry a lot of times. In this instance, explain to me why this man will not be angry in the face of this injustice? There are instances like this every day. Shout out to all my black brothers, you will know true freedom someday soon.

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 30, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
Akóbà ádaba, Olohun ma je ka ri o.
Iru akoba wo leleyi bayi?

You almost got away with this, but the wrong diacritical marks gave you away.
It's easy to fake the spelling but it isn't possible to fake those marks.
It's just like leaving trails in a crime scene, it will always give you out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Skmoda360(m): 8:25am On Aug 30, 2020
Eriokanmi:
44 years of his life wasted is an understatement. His entire life was wasted. I really pity the man. His mates are already grandpas. There're so much injustices in America in those days against blacks. Many were not so lucky as they were eventually hanged after spending decades on death row for an offence they knew nothing about. It's even getting better now as more people can now speak out against such vices.
Read the post again he had a daughter.....
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Skmoda360(m): 8:28am On Aug 30, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
Akóbà ádaba, Olohun ma je ka ri o.

Iru akoba wo leleyi bayi?
Madam saka, so o gbo Yoruba? Ma fooo.....Omo Ibibio tenu eh sharp grin.....

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by mu2sa2: 8:54am On Aug 30, 2020
Nowenuse:

See this donkeey.
Do you think Christians are brainwashed muslims who do not know their left from right?

No Christian especially a Black Christian will ever trade their race, ethnicity or origin in the name of a religion. To us, religion is secondary, unlike you brainwashed föolish Black muslims that desperately want to become Arabs.
After your brattish outburst the question still is: why Christian against christian violence in USA?
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Eriokanmi: 9:10am On Aug 30, 2020
Skmoda360:

Read the post again he had a daughter.....
did I say otherwise? I only said his mates are now grandpas to tell you how old and how much they've wasted his entire life with no access to life of freedom. what's the essence of having a child to whom one was capable of giving care but was denied freedom to do so?
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by distinctwallex(m): 9:15am On Aug 30, 2020
Kolossus20:
Honestly speaking, govt should compensate those who were wrongly accused. Imagine spending 44 years for something you didn't know about. 44 years of his life wasted. May we not be wrongly accused of evil. This man story reminds me of the movie Just Mercy.

Pls I need link to download this movie-Just mercy plssss
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Mires: 10:37am On Aug 30, 2020
Explorers:
He was sentenced to death for a crime he didn't commit.

He spent 6years on death row.

He was saved by a young lawyer.

True life story.

JUST MERCY, 2019.

Must watch, only for the strong heart.

It will shake you to your soul.

I tried downloading the movie but could not find it. Can you please share with me . Thanks. Remain bless
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by ume1000: 10:45am On Aug 30, 2020
Karleb:
So all it takes to go to jail in America is to black and be accused of rape even if you are innocent.

This life. sad
Does not the same happen in Nigeria FEAR WOMEN
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Henri8: 11:22am On Aug 30, 2020
Na to go look for that accuser and rape her.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Mikeiron78(m): 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2020
Nigerians and their hypocrisy, they want to judge other country with an established law that is enforced to deal with criminals, Nigeria, a lawless country where criminals walk for free and innocent get killed with no repercussions. They get killed daily, but they only hide behind the internet to judge other countries lol
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2020
light099:

You almost got away with this, but the wrong diacritical marks gave you away.
It's easy to fake the spelling but it isn't possible to fake those marks.
It's just like leaving trails in a crime scene, it will always give you out.

Lol. Killjoy. grin

Are you Yoruba, though?
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 30, 2020
DexterousOne:

....... The American South actually was the deadly jungle
Till today, it still is

You have a point tho....
But I'll tell you this

While black folks in America were fighting for civil rights

We in africa were fighting different fights to kick the colonialists out for treating us like crap....

In the 1960s
We got our big break
Independence for us
Civil rights for them

But the white supremacists will not just let go without a fight
So both in Africa and in the USA
Clandestine means to deal badly with the black man continued

Black folks should understand that the fight against white supremacy IS OUR COLLECTIVE FIGHT

And we should appreciate each other and stop bickering among each other
Sorry, but how is the west holding Africa back?
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2020
emmyN:

This is not your village meeting aunty. Oya gimme subtitle fast angry

Lol.

It means "errm, errm". Ask google jor. grin
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2020
sharpwriter:

Hey! So you speak my language smiley

Yes o! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Zambian Woman Burns Her Husband & Sister For Having Sex. Graphic Pics / See What A Yahoo Plus Ritualist Placed At A Junction In Delta State. / Salah Cow Refuses To Die, Attacks Two Men (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.