Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,483 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) (82353 Views)

17-Year-Old Girl Accuses Justin Ugonna Of Statutory Rape. He Reacts / 77-Year-Old Man Released From Prison Deemed Too Old To Be Dangerous, Kills Again / Man Released By Ritualists After 2 Years In Ibadan Because He Wasn't Useful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
madridguy:
Subhanalah, 44 good years for crime he didn't commit. This is racism against the man.

May God Almighty no let us see akoba, adaba, Amin.

The man should jejely sue them for 100 Billion dollar.
It is a normal thing bros, as far as you no get connect to swim out of trouble sorry.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
I just knew he must be a black man.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by topboss: 4:36pm On Aug 29, 2020
NA 44YEARS DEM DEY SERVE FOR RAPE?

ABI DEM MULTIPLY AM TIMES 5 BECOS IT WAS A WHITE WOMAN.

NOTHING WEY RACISM NO GO CAUSE.

EVEN IN AFRICA HERE, NIGERIANS ARE NOW SUFFERING FROM GHANIANS XENOPHOBIA.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
madridguy:
Subhanalah, 44 good years for crime he didn't commit. This is racism against the man.

May God Almighty no let us see akoba, adaba, Amin.

The man should jejely sue them for 100 Billion dollar.

Will you give him the money? isn't it's better he thank God and allow God to fight for him atleast he will have peace
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by FirstbornWds: 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2020
Explorers:
He was sentenced to death for a crime he didn't commit.

He spent 28years on death row.

He was saved by a young lawyer.

True life story.

JUST MERCY, 2019.

Must watch, only for the strong heart.

It will shake you to your soul.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8674499/Black-man-spent-44-years-prison-rape-says-didnt-commit-freed.html?ito=social-facebook

You cannot see the Just Mercy movie, or even read the book without being shaken to the marrow. You'll definitely understand what it means to be unlucky.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
Eriokanmi:
I no say na black man e go be before opening the news post. I remember Henry McCollum and Leon Brown his brother who spent over 30 years on death Row in same NC prison for a similar offence they didn't commit until DNA evidence reversed the sentence. They just wasted their lives for nothing. when driven home by their aged dad, he asked them to use their seat belt but they said they didn't know how to use a seat belt. They found it to be strange cos it was never introduced before they left for prison.The eldest was less than 20 years old when arrested and were both in their 50s when released in 2014. Even after their release, the then white judge was still alive. He said he showed no remorse for what what he did. So much injustice dey yankee. May we not fall in wrong hands.

Good post.

As for the judge showing no remorse...judges can only rule on the evidence presented in front of them. They have no way of knowing if the evidence presented is flawed or if the prosecution is lying though its teeth or if the prosecution hid evidence proving the accused innocence (yes, it happens)

That's why the English system of justice which several former British colonies, Nigeria and the US included, have something called appeals and retrials.

Of course, the US has issues with bigotry, and there are many times judges have sentenced people based on the fact that they are black or brown, evidence or not

2 Likes

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Yeobadi311: 4:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
see below
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by sucess001(m): 4:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
Have you ever noticed that these kind of stories never involve a white man?

7 Likes

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by KenModi(m): 4:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
dingbang:
Blessed are those who are wrongly accused and persecuted, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

No more better truth than this.

Christianity is a cancer to black people. Makes black people docile and foolish.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Martinez39s(m): 4:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
Karleb:
So all it takes to go to jail in America is to black and be accused of rape even if you are innocent.

This life. sad
Both black and white men have gone to jail for rape crimes they never committed. The wicked claws of false rape accusations and the idea that women with rape claims should be believed no matter what do not discriminate with race.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by KenModi(m): 4:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
Karleb:

Please stop this, it's annoying!

Please tell that brainwashed fellow. Christianity is a cancer to the black man
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by akaninyene: 4:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
I knew he's a black man even before opening this thread.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Martinez39s(m): 4:42pm On Aug 29, 2020
dingbang:
Blessed are those who are wrongly accused and persecuted, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

There is no kingdom of heaven and there is nothing beyond the natural.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by larryking540: 4:42pm On Aug 29, 2020
ExBanker:
I knew he would be black even before opening this thread. Many innocent blacks are wasting in US jails
the best is for them to find their root and come back to their home of origin
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by RTSC: 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
This is how you know Britain is a racist society.

The comment section on that news is so few.

If it was about a black man assaulting a white woman, the comments would be hundreds.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by ricson11(m): 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
when village people enter your matter.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Realadey(m): 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
Imagine this great injustice, there is no good justice here on Earth, we can only find it in Jesus Christ.

5 Likes

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by LoveJesus87(m): 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
Eriokanmi:
44 years of his life wasted is an understatement. His entire was life wasted. I really pity the man. His mates are already grandpas. There're so much injustices in America in those days against blacks. It's even getting better now as more people can now speak out against sich vices.
if t

3 Likes

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Sheunma: 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
dingbang:

wee you keep quiet...
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Reelafonja(m): 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
Kolossus20:
Honestly speaking, govt should compensate those who were wrongly accused. Imagine spending 44 years for something you didn't know about. 44 years of his life wasted. May we not be wrongly accused of evil. This man story reminds me of the movie Just Mercy.

this Netflix's movie "how they see us" is also speaking about this issue
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Reference(m): 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
Once again. There are far worse acts of prejudice happening in Nigeria that we should be concerned about.

A lot more Nigerians have lost their lives this year alone on account of being in the wrong tribe and/or wrong religion than it will take whites to replicate same on blacks in America over multiple generations.

Makes no sense to me. Their very flawed criminal justice system has managed somehow to correct itself. Can we say the same about Nigeria's failed structure.

7 Likes

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Yodexy: 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
How he managed to stay alive is beyond me. I'd have committed suicide I swear
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by nBag(m): 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
imagine stupid justice system, even mumu Obama chasing sodomy up and down instead of him to concentrate on such issues.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by cooltola(m): 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
kalvoken:
My God keep him healthy and healthy to live long ND enjoy the freedom he missed.

Explorers, is he ever married?

Yes he is married
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by segun18(m): 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
Lord have mercy!
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Investnow2017: 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
CodeTemplar:
44 years is another man's lifetime.
Entire life expectancy in Nigeria in prison in a society that mulls Freedom! What an irony of a world ruled by Satan!
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Kemight15: 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
I had that movie on my phone before oo and I deleted it without watching it. Kaii village people embarassed
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by sammysmiles(m): 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
Eriokanmi:
I no say na black man e go be before opening the news post. I remember Henry McCollum and Leon Brown his brother who spent over 30 years on death Row in same NC prison for a similar offence they didn't commit until DNA evidence reversed the sentence. They just wasted their lives for nothing. when driven home by their aged dad, he asked them to use their seat belt but they said they didn't know how to use a seat belt. They found it to be strange cos it was never introduced in the automobile industry before they left for prison.The eldest was less than 20 years old when arrested and were both in their 50s when released in 2014. Even after their release, the then white judge was still alive. He said he showed no remorse for what he did. So much injustice dey yankee. May we not fall in wrong hands.
This death row people sef
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by RTSC: 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
This is also why I always tell immigrants to be grateful to the African American.

They paid with their blood and sweat for the privileges you enjoy.

A black man from ilesa will Immigrate to America and become a judge in 10 years.

Just because people like Malcolm X, MLK, Curtis Lewis, Jesse Jackson and countless slaves refused to take the status quo.

If not, the America up till the 60s was a deadly jungle for the black man.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by silibaba: 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
one of the reasons why i dont support death panalty for rapist.

most women are devil's incarnate.

take a good look at the case of Ronaldo, dbanj just to mention but few.

they will frame you up just to bring you down at all cost.

thank God the manis still alive.

see the way the woman just wasted this man dream. where will this man start from now?
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
44yrs Holy Christ embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See What A Yahoo Plus Ritualist Placed At A Junction In Delta State. / Pictures Of Prof. Iyayi's Bullet-pierced Body (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Salah Cow Refuses To Die, Attacks Two Men (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.