Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,355 members, 7,819,258 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) (82347 Views)

17-Year-Old Girl Accuses Justin Ugonna Of Statutory Rape. He Reacts / 77-Year-Old Man Released From Prison Deemed Too Old To Be Dangerous, Kills Again / Man Released By Ritualists After 2 Years In Ibadan Because He Wasn't Useful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by jakeFrost: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
ImaIma1:

Very good movie. But he spent 6 years on death row. It was his former cell mate that spent 28 years on death row.
yup, you're right. Anthony ray hilton was released in 2015.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
Eriokanmi:
God had perfected everything created by giving evertbody an equal opportunity to live and make impact. Civilization started from Africa, in Egypt where we had blacks and fair-skinned people. Egypt was like America where people wanted to visit and live in their time. The first architecture, engineering, science emerged in egypt. What happened next? They lost their power to Greece due to greed, then rome and so on. Back in Africa I can jealously say God created us better than white and loved us more but then, He loves everyone equally. We can survive anywhere on earth but whites can't. We have the best of weather and vegetation. Africans are greedy but whites love one another , they care for one another. Our hearts are wicked. Those practicing racism over there are the extreme ones. Whites are nice people. Even here, there are extremists too, those who can say if he sees a whiteman, he will kill him because he hates seeing them. It's everywhere. Same whites said enough of slavery and it stopped, whereas our kings that time were busy making money by selling their fellow blacks. Blacks have invented what seemed to be impossible to many whites. I remember Philip emeagwali who's the brain behind the Internet. He's a Nigerian. What of Dr Ben Carson, the neurosurgeon? There several others too numerous to be mentioned. If you did business with a white man, whether you're there or not, the profit made is what he would declare. He might not even be religious. Kindness and fairness are in their blood. Here, an elder of a church or imam would declare a wrong figure as profit and still call the name of God join, as his witness. South africa has been made better than the way whites left it. They're black like you and i. Go to Rwanda and see what Paul kegame is doing. I know of a yoruba guy in the UK who's the highest paid robotic engineer in the world according to forbes. He's a black man. We need to change our orientation as blacks and things would be alright.
This is trash, you can survive anywhere. I laugh, looks like you haven't researched on adaptation, white people can survive better in the cold while black people can survive better in a hot place. Just don't say stuff like that without research. God loves black people more then he loves us equally? gringrin Phillip emegweali is a fraud. He is not the brain behind the internet in anyway, the guy just lies up and down anyhow, his wife even threatened to expose him.. South Africa made better my ass, they are still living on the Afrikaners wealth, if the Afrikaners there decide to leave the country will crumble like a house of cards.

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by jakeFrost: 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
CaptMG:
He was sentenced to death for a crime he didn't commit.

He spent 28years on death row.

He was saved by a young lawyer.

True life story.
[b]
JUST MERCY, 2019.

Must watch, only for the strong heart.
How did u watched it, can't find it on YouTube
you can download it from from Netnaija
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by SirMichael1: 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ayemileto:

From the article, the woman was 10 years old then (she's 54 now).

The police are meant to blame because they suppressed the evidences that could have set him free.

Good that means she should be old enough to pay for her sins now.

If a 10yrs old can accuse a man and he spends 44yrs in jail, surely she can still wreck havock now.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by afonjabreed(m): 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
Explorers:

True life story.

JUST MERCY, 2019.

Must watch, only for the strong heart

It will shake you to your soul.

I watched the film ,the part that really got me was where the man was electrocuted ..the background christian song was hmmmmmm
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Uzomacharles: 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
SegFault:

You are justifying evil and are therefore going against what who you quoted said.

is my comment justifying the judge sentence?
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by favour32(m): 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
This man need to sue them for 44 billion dollars.
Each billion dollars represent a year of imprisonment.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by DexterousOne(m): 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
Karleb:
So all it takes to go to jail in America is to black and be accused of rape even if you are innocent.

This life. sad

Back then
When the civil rights act was signed
It angered a good number of white folks

And this was their way of getting back at them (black folks)

Black man has suffered in this world

And the response to an Obama presidency was a vile successor in Trump

Some of these white folks just cannot accept blacks as their equals

They see blacks as threats to their hegemony and supremacy that needs to be dealt with

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by OdenKelechi(m): 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
Explorers:

True life story.

JUST MERCY, 2019.

Must watch, only for the strong heart.

It will shake you to your soul.

Watched already. That movie made me weep and also made me realize I can't go to USA . Anywhere else is fine

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by DexterousOne(m): 8:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
RTSC:
This is also why I always tell immigrants to be grateful to the African American.

They paid with their blood and sweat for the privileges you enjoy.

A black man from ilesa will Immigrate to America and become a judge in 10 years.

Just because people like Malcolm X, MLK, Curtis Lewis, Jesse Jackson and countless slaves refused to take the status quo.

If not, the America up till the 60s was a deadly jungle for the black man.

....... The American South actually was the deadly jungle
Till today, it still is

You have a point tho....
But I'll tell you this

While black folks in America were fighting for civil rights

We in africa were fighting different fights to kick the colonialists out for treating us like crap....

In the 1960s
We got our big break
Independence for us
Civil rights for them

But the white supremacists will not just let go without a fight
So both in Africa and in the USA
Clandestine means to deal badly with the black man continued

Black folks should understand that the fight against white supremacy IS OUR COLLECTIVE FIGHT

And we should appreciate each other and stop bickering among each other

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by TiglathPILESER: 8:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
Eriokanmi:
I no say na black man e go be before opening the news post. I remember Henry McCollum and Leon Brown his brother who spent over 30 years on death Row in same NC prison for a similar offence they didn't commit until DNA evidence reversed the sentence. They just wasted their lives for nothing. when driven home by their aged dad, he asked them to use their seat belt but they said they didn't know how to use a seat belt. They found it to be strange cos it was never introduced in the automobile industry before they left for prison.The eldest was less than 20 years old when arrested and were both in their 50s when released in 2014. Even after their release, the then white judge was still alive. He said he showed no remorse for what he did. So much injustice dey yankee. May we not fall in wrong hands.
The seat belt part of the story broke me.

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by ultiliberty(m): 8:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
He shud be compensated for 44 year arrears.
Simple!
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by TiglathPILESER: 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
dingbang:
Blessed are those who are wrongly accused and persecuted, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

No more better truth than this.
U fool when will u cease from mocking and blashpeming the Holy Scriptures by deliberately misquoting and making a caricature of it?
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Eriokanmi: 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
SegFault:

This is trash, you can survive anywhere. I laugh, looks like you haven't researched on adaptation, white people can survive better in the cold while black people can survive better in a hot place. Just don't say stuff like that without research. God loves black people more then he loves us equally? gringrin Phillip emegweali is a fraud. He is not the brain behind the internet in anyway, the guy just lies up and down anyhow, his wife even threatened to expose him.. South Africa made better my ass, they are still living on the Afrikaners wealth, if the Afrikaners there decide to leave the country will crumble like a house of cards.
i wonder if you read my post to decipher but attack.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by gangstarmonk(m): 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2020
Burgerlomo:

He's going to get a big fat check for wrongful conviction.

That's for sure!!! Unlike our beloved country angry
The officials might loot the pay cheque and DSS would definitely invite you if you speak out cry sad
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by IamPlato(m): 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
I Watch This Movie Finish I Start To Vex. I Hate False Accusation
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by themanderon: 9:05pm On Aug 29, 2020
44yrz down the drain. How can they compensate this man now.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
Oh my gosh!. Multiple my age I haven't gotten that.
So sad about this racist issues. therefore I won't travel to US again
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by freemandela4(m): 9:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
johnjohnson:

This movie actually made me cry. There is a lot of innocent black citzens still being kept in U.S jails
Try and watch "WHEN THEY SEE US"
Oyibo really show black people sheet.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by temi1290: 9:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
angelfallz:
Even though we can't rule out racism, it is however, a fact that men can be falsely accused of rape.
It's one of the main reasons why I don't support the death penalty and castration or any form of barbaric punishment.

If Long had been executed, the American justice system would have executed an innocent man.

If Long had been castrated the American justice system would have castrated an innocent man.

I always insist that, no matter how emotional people get, rape evidence should be thoroughly examined and questioned, the victim's testimony should be thoroughly examined and cross examined, because innocent mistakes can be made sometimes. Yes! It happens.

I just hope all those castration and death penalty advocates read about this man Ronnie Long.

Punishment that seeks to maim or kill is not punishment but barbarism.

Punishment that seeks to maim or kill is not punishment but revenge.
And no decent law hands out revenge as punishment.

As a man always know this, "it could be you" never you think that a woman can't accuse of rape.

You can read more about innocent men that were freed after years in prison with the link below.
https://www.innocenceproject.org/

Bros the thing taya me ooo,but if we talk dey will start calling us names 'rape apologist','potential rapist'.

The one dat annoys me the most is 'Is he the only man in the world, didn't she see Davido or Wizkid,y didn't she accuse them but him'.

See now,44 yrs of someone's life wasted, just like that,if not for God,he was supposed to stay till he's 100 yrs of age.

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Ayemileto(m): 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2020
SirMichael1:

Good that means she should be old enough to pay for her sins now.

If a 10yrs old can accuse a man and he spends 44yrs in jail, surely she can still wreck havock now.

Seems you don't get the point.

Or you didn't read the article at all.

Or you read it, but didn't understand.

Based on the article, There was a robbery and rape at her house, so it's not false accusation as she actually got raped.

The issue is the person arrested and sentenced for the crime was wrong, and police have DNA, fingerprint and clothe fibre evidences that shows he's not the culprit, but refused to inform the defense lawyer.

Just try to read and understand the entire article, instead of jumping to comment.

The police are actually to blame, because due to their negligence, they punished the wrong person while the real culprit have escaped punishment.

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Nasproperty: 9:34pm On Aug 29, 2020
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by angelfallz(m): 9:38pm On Aug 29, 2020
temi1290:

Bros the thing taya me ooo,but if we talk dey will start calling us names 'rape apologist','potential rapist'.

The one dat annoys me the most is 'Is he the only man in the world, didn't she see Davido or Wizkid,y didn't she accuse them but him'.

See now,44 yrs of someone's life wasted, just like that,if not for God,he was supposed to stay till he's 100 yrs of age.

That is the strategy they use, to try to shut up people that ask questions, never allow them to shut you up.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by angelfallz(m): 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
Thazard:

Bros you just weakened me.I'm one of those that support death penalty but your post touched my heart.

Well God knows if I were to be the man,I would revenge the judge,woman in a painful way.No doubt about it.

You should watch the movie "peppermint"

I'm glad i was able to your heart.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Ayobami7(m): 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
na wa ooo
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by temi1290: 9:57pm On Aug 29, 2020
angelfallz:

That is the strategy they use, to try to shut up people that ask questions, never allow them to shut you up.

Or they will ask questions like ' what if it's ur daughter dat was raped'.So if ur pikin accuse someone of rape,u won't ask her simple questions like where, how did it happen

Sentimental bigots

2 Likes

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by FarmTech(m): 10:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
This is one reason castration or death sentence is bad. Anyone can be falsely accused.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by lafiask: 10:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
meh I watched the movie " just mercy" I drop tears. life is not balance at all. racism is so deep in United States. Allah have mercy.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Rico94: 10:14pm On Aug 29, 2020
I was locked up for 44yrs for a crime i knew nothing about, this one na really problem infact to cut the story short they should be ready to pay me billions of naira.
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by Ferrous(m): 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
I thought, they have perfect judicial system? Why would someone stay in a prison for 44yrs for a crime he didn't commit?

1 Like

Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by emmyN(m): 10:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
Akóbà ádaba, Olohun ma je ka ri o.

Iru akoba wo leleyi bayi?

This is not your village meeting aunty. Oya gimme subtitle fast angry
Re: Man Released After 44 Years In Prison For Rape He Didn't Commit In US (Pics) by TruthinAction: 11:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
So, what is the compensation for the injustice done to him these number of years? He should sue them and claim damages. Nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See What A Yahoo Plus Ritualist Placed At A Junction In Delta State. / Pictures Of Prof. Iyayi's Bullet-pierced Body (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Salah Cow Refuses To Die, Attacks Two Men (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.