Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,223 members, 7,825,848 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi (31958 Views)

This Bola Ahmed Tinubu Interview Is A Masterstroke / ESUTH: Setting The Records Straight - Gerald Orukwa / Ede COVID-19 Palliatives Warehouse Looting: Putting The Records Straight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by ddeola: 1:26pm On Aug 29, 2020
Please tell dem. sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by a4cube: 1:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
Tokenism:

Learn to read before commenting. His house was bombed at and he had to fled for his life.
Did anybody die when they bombed his house? And when was this bombing?. Kanu house was also attacked and many killed. He escaped and was tagged a coward. What is the between Kanu and Tinubu?
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by Caschi: 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
There is no connection between his statement about one Nigeria and what you spelt out in your write up... Even if there is, what has changed in the style of government, it's still quite same style of divide and rule, whether Military or democratic rule. Please let's stop deciding ourselves. He is believing in one Nigeria right now because he can now flaunt bullion vans..?
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by honeyB2018: 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Well, the story is that OBJ comes from onitsha royal family, that's why they rejected him in 1999

That is very interesting, knowing that Obj, is an Igbo man, by your assertion.
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by WoundedLamb: 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ooe33:
Lol. I can truly see u don't live in Nigeria. Cos no Action, done by an aspirant can adversely affect his chances in the polls. Not to talk about just a speech.

Go and search for James Ibori. till date he is still idolized by the same people he failed.

That's the part I find strange in Nigerian politics.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by WoundedLamb: 1:42pm On Aug 29, 2020
Amah70:

And who would bother to mention Tinubu’s 1997 blunder if he believes in one Nigeria in 2020?

Or does Tinubu not understand that his positioning himself for 2023 presidential race amounts to Tinubu being scornful to the Igbos who are also equal stakeholders to his Yoruba in the Nigerian project?

Does Tinubu not understand that his positioning himself for the 2023 presidential election against rotation of the presidency which benefited his Yoruba, amounts to an act against continuation of one Nigeria?

Like I said, I don't know much about Nigerian politics. And that's why you see my statements enveloped in IF clauses. Is there really such a rotation agreement? Is it written? If not where and when was it agreed? Who was present? Let's get down to details.
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by WoundedLamb: 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
Jaapu:

Which federal Character...you people are funny sha

Who are you people? Do you know me? Have we chatted before? Did you even read to get my point or you were just gearing up for a fight as usual? You didn't see the "IF" in that statement as well as the preceding statement that says "if Tinubu is the people's choice"? It's pertinent that you stop seeing anyone who doesn't blindly defend or follow someone you admire as an enemy from the other side. Thanks.
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by Gotze1: 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2020
MrColdsweat:
So you mean the same military kanu ran away from and yorubas tagged him a coward, is the same military that tinubu ran away from and his people hail him as jagaban?
Which military Kanu run for. You think if military are the ones running the country, Kanu wouldn't have died long ago?
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by jude79(m): 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
MrColdsweat:
So you mean the same military kanu ran away from and yorubas tagged him a coward, is the same military that tinubu ran away from and his people hail him as jagaban?

Yes now, don't you know that cowardice means different things to this guys depending on where you come from in their land kneeling to junior officers, running away without being chased by anybody are signs of bravery. But if it's an igbo, the expect him to face even nuclear weapons with bare hand.
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
bigfish3k:

Yes it's different
Abachas military was better
They couldn't have allowed boko haram, bandits and herdsmen to fester this long
On point. But they abuse power more
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by Gotze1: 2:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
jude79:

Yes now, don't you know that cowardice means different things to this guys depending on where you come from in their land kneeling to junior officers, running away without being chased by anybody are signs of bravery. But if it's an igbo, the expect him to face even nuclear weapons with bare hand.
How many Igbo civilians faced or talked shit during military rule. Even your musicians became Dundees those time.

Only ojukwu, which was also a military man with rank and he still run.

Is Tinubu a military man.

Why did you people ran home in 1993 after the annulment if you aren't cowards.
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by ThatFairGuy1: 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
Obalatule:
If Tinibu ever becomes the president of this country make I shit rock grin grin
Then expect to do what has never been done by anyone before tongue
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by Deepthoughts: 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2020
Lanrelagboi:
https://twitter.com/ekometa/status/1299440237261860865?s=19
So Tinubu's patriotism is just the fair weather type then!,if not a true patroit can cry out about the terrible state of his country n the attendant disappointment but still strongly retain his hope in the country not denying the country in tough times n turning around to form patroit in good time,that pure treachery.
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by bigfish3k: 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2020
DexterousOne:

This is not true

The tribalism and religion WILL NOT DISAPPEAR

It was on this nairaland I saw children of Anambra hurling insults at each other because of "zoning" of the governorship

It's in this Nigeria that within states, the supposed dominant ethnic group, or the one who happens to stumble on power maligns the other groups

Aka Ibom, Benue, Kogi and even Rivers states are examples
There are others

It was orlu folks that were defending Okorocha despite his iberibeism

I met someone from abia state who is from the same area as that failure called Ikpeazu
All that satisfied him was at least, at last
Someone from his area is in office

The point I'm trying to make
Is that the problem wont be solved just by drawing new lines and demarcation of the country

The underlying issues we have is wht is falling the country

I'm not one to be carried away by sentiments or hues and cry

I dissect the issues dispassionately
All these are not excuse why we shouldn't go
Even blood Brothers quarrel and discriminate and that hasn't been a reason why the family system should stop
I still maintain that separation will solve 50%of our problems
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by DexterousOne(m): 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
bigfish3k:

All these are not excuse why we shouldn't go
Even blood Brothers quarrel and discriminate and that hasn't been a reason why the family system should stop
I still maintain that separation will solve 50%of our problems

You are still not getting the point

Using your own argument

Even brothers (Nigerians) quarrel and discriminate

That doesn't mean that the family system (Nigeria) should stop (or disintegrate)

A discussion among all Nigerians should be had to see how we can iron things out FIRST

If we tried and it did not work
Then
Those who ask for secession will be justified
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by bigfish3k: 9:42pm On Aug 29, 2020
DexterousOne:

You are still not getting the point

Using your own argument

Even brothers (Nigerians) quarrel and discriminate

That doesn't mean that the family system (Nigeria) should stop (or disintegrate)

A discussion among all Nigerians should be had to see how we can iron things out FIRST

If we tried and it did not work
Then
Those who ask for secession will be justified
Hope you know that the north don't want such discussions or restructuring
Since when I was small Gani Fawehinmi has been clamoring for such discussions but the north is always against it
Jona even did one confab in 2014 but they are still against it
I am in support of regional government inside one nigeria but if not let everybody go there way
We are too different in everything, there is no meeting point at all for the type of system we are running now
We have been together for 100 years and still struggling for unity. We should stop deceiving ourselves

Restructure according to the independence constitution or disintegrate.
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
honeyB2018:

That is very interesting, knowing that Obj, is an Igbo man, by your assertion.

That's what Tinubu ans many yorubas have said.

I've heard same from onitsha pple
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by bigfish3k: 10:00pm On Aug 29, 2020
Gotze1:
Which military Kanu run for. You think if military are the ones running the country, Kanu wouldn't have died long ago?
So PMB is no longer a military man
He is no longer the new sheriff in town
He has been ruling us in democratic way
He has been obeying court order
He validly removed Onnogen
Kanu didn't have a court case before he was attacked

Or did you not see all the democratic ways he has been ruling us that I highlighted above
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by DexterousOne(m): 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
bigfish3k:

Hope you know that the north don't want such discussions or restructuring
Since when I was small Gani Fawehinmi has been clamoring for such discussions but the north is always against it
Jona even did one confab in 2014 but they are still against it
I am in support of regional government inside one nigeria but if not let everybody go there way
We are too different in everything, there is no meeting point at all for the type of system we are running now
We have been together for 100 years and still struggling for unity. We should stop deceiving ourselves

Restructure according to the independence constitution or disintegrate.

Indeed

If the current system is not reformed in the coming decade
(Maybe the next at maximum)

It will inevitably collapse

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by DCatt: 11:59pm On Aug 29, 2020
You this piece of shiitt, whether you like it or not Tinubu will be president as you take your long overdue dirt nap 6 feet under. Won ma ru oku e lo ba awon ebi e lai pe lai jin na.

Meet the next president of Nigeria!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nea0WAFP-1o
King44:
That greedy mofo @DCatt may you and your family be unfortunate for being plainly stupid. Ke sofo emi.
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by Gotze1: 10:07am On Aug 30, 2020
bigfish3k:

So PMB is no longer a military man
He is no longer the new sheriff in town
He has been ruling us in democratic way
He has been obeying court order
He validly removed Onnogen
Kanu didn't have a court case before he was attacked

Or did you not see all the democratic ways he has been ruling us that I highlighted above
He's not no longer a military man my friend and he can't kill someone anyhow. That is the democracy.
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by bigfish3k: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2020
Gotze1:
He's not no longer a military man my friend and he can't kill someone anyhow. That is the democracy.

So the unarmed civilians that was killed in enugu was killed under whose command as C in C
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by Gotze1: 1:01pm On Aug 30, 2020
bigfish3k:

So the unarmed civilians that was killed in enugu was killed under whose command as C in C

Did you see him carrying gun?
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by bigfish3k: 3:32pm On Aug 30, 2020
Gotze1:
Did you see him carrying gun?
So you saw Abacha carrying gun under the military
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by LaboPolitics: 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2020
Uncletony:
afonjas are the most senseless race in the entire world!

When we say 'yoruba jibiti' ie yoruba fraud, we know what we are saying. When yorubas are insulting you, then know you must be doing something and they don't want you to reach your goals.

That's why my love for Nnamdi Kanu grows everytime ewedu idiots insult him.
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by LaboPolitics: 9:39pm On Aug 30, 2020
bigfish3k:

Arthur nwankwo
Olisa agbakoba
Ebitu ukiwe
Ndubuisi Kanu

Add Prof Ben Nwabueze to the list. yorubas are very fraudulent people, their propaganda to always claim that yorubas alone fought for democracy will no longer be entertained, it is another myth and will be shattered.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by LaboPolitics: 9:50pm On Aug 30, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:
foo l.
With due respect to Kanu n Ibo agitation.
Military of Abacha is diff from military of Buhari's civilian rule.
How old are you during Abacha's regime? Do you know stove Abacha?
Do you know kerosene cost N50 per bottle around 1997-1998?

Stop deceiving yourselves your dishonorable and dubious yoruba elements. Abacha's regime and today's Gen Buhari's regime (apologies to Punch) are run on the same modus operandi.

Court orders are not obeyed, activists are detained without recourse to judicial proceedures, SARS is the new 'kill and go' police, the army keeps people in underground cells for months/years.

Why did your dubious yoruba dodge the fact that Thiefnuubu asked for appointment from the same Abacha govt as confirmed by his contemporaries.

There is not tribe as intellectually dubious as the yoruba tribe. You always seek to paint others as villains while fraudulently wallowing in dubious unmerited self-glorification.
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by Whoube99(f): 10:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
Damage control mechanism undecided undecided undecided
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
LaboPolitics:

Stop deceiving yourselves your dishonorable and dubious yoruba elements. Abacha's regime and today's Gen Buhari's regime (apologies to Punch) are run on the same modus operandi.

Court orders are not obeyed, activists are detained without recourse to judicial proceedures, SARS is the new 'kill and go' police, the army keeps people in underground cells for months/years.

Why did your dubious yoruba dodge the fact that Thiefnuubu asked for appointment from the same Abacha govt as confirmed by his contemporaries.

There is not tribe as intellectually dubious as the yoruba tribe. You always seek to paint others as villains while fraudulently wallowing in dubious unmerited self-glorification.

evidence or keep quiet.
No one is dubious here. Na 419 people dey always shout foul play. Go n rant in Kano, sokoto, zamfara n all northern states about your woes
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by jude79(m): 12:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:
evidence or keep quiet.
No one is dubious here. Na 419 people dey always shout foul play. Go n rant in Kano, sokoto, zamfara n all northern states about your woes

All the evidence, including video proofs that had been provided of how this present leeches in government turned this contraption you guys call a country to the poverty capital of the world. You did the opposite of what you are supposed to do, you defended them with the last sperm your .. miserable organ can muster.tueh!!! Abomination.
Re: Tinubu's Interview In 1997: Setting The Records Straight - Ademola Oshodi by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:22pm On Aug 31, 2020
jude79:

All the evidence, including video proofs that had been provided of how this present leeches in government turned this contraption you guys call a country to the poverty capital of the world. You did the opposite of what you are supposed to do, you defended them with the last sperm your .. miserable organ can muster.tueh!!! Abomination.
You are entering asylum soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Edo Bishops Praying For Peter Obi / Arewa Youths React To Aisha Claim That Two Powerful People Are Frustrating Buhar / Abba Kyari: A New Twist In The Tale - Tunde Olusunle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.