Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. (5151 Views)

War After Two Days!! Newspaper Reveals Egyptian Army's Relation With Niger Coup / Buhari Moves To Strengthen Nigeria’s Relation With Iran. / Why My Relation With The 8th Senate Was Not The Best- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Onlinesmart: 10:11pm On Sep 05, 2020
leofab:
other than Lagos can south west boast of a single modern city ?
What's biafrans problem with anything Nigerian? Have you forgotten you're strangers in this country? Nothing concerns you how we tend to live our lives in Nigeria. You're outcasts and so shall it be.
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by leofab(f): 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2020
You mean the ways the Chinese are coming to Africa to recolonise it ? South west is a poor region with high economic prospect... by the way I’m not from south east.
Onlinesmart:
Ogun state alone dwarfs whatever your 5 tiny states make. The size of Oyo State as a whole is just a little fickle different to the size of all SE put together in landmass. Ogun state is the most industrialized state and the state with the highest number of higher institutions. We don't make mouth lásán-làsàn, we come with facts. I do say this and I want all your igwes and leaders of thoughts in your region to answer: If SE is as developed as most of you made the whole world to believe (all pun intended), why is it that the most booming transport services is east to west? Lagos-ibadan way is the busiest in west africa, thanks to okoros like you that doesn't want to stay back in your "developed" region.

If you ever have any shame at all, you shouldn't leave your region to any part of Nigeria as you've claimed to be hated by other Nigerians. Remove Lagos from West, we are not mate and we will never be. 85% of successful igbo people today made their wealth in the west. Ask yourself why Nigerians aren't trooping to the east as they are to the west? Fashola just demonstrated for you by sending some igbos to upper iweka bridge, the world over didn't rest as shout of marginalization pilfer everywhere. They used attache by force swear for you? Can't you stay back in your region? What exactly is pursuing you people from that region?

Know your master and stick by it. Civil War ended 50 yrs ago and you need to grow up away from it. Yorùbá is only in a class of its own. Na you dey find us come our region in droves to make meaningful of your lives, we no too dey go ya side. Be shameful for once and avoid us. Dem swear for you to be rushing down here? Remember, ants go anywhere there is honey.

1 Like

Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by OfoIgbo: 11:23pm On Sep 05, 2020
Gracchus:
Yea, just as they are evicting y'll in Ghana now so their economy will collapse, yet you are yet to leave, na so una love Ghana reach?? There is nothing else that can be done to a people to show that they are not welcomed tin a place that hasn't been done in lagos, Oba threatened you, thugs attacked y'll during election etc, shouldn't that tell you something that y'll should leave, but I guess shame has no meaning to you people. Leave first, and let's see the economy collapse.

We have been trying to leave Nigeria, but your people and their Fulani master's are doing everything possible to keep Igbos in this childless and adulterous union
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Onlinesmart: 11:32pm On Sep 05, 2020
leofab:
You mean the ways the Chinese are coming to Africa to recolonise it ? South west is a poor region with high economic prospect... by the way I’m not from south east.
LOL, why you dey deny your potor region? Ask your relatives scattered across Yoruba land why they want to die here. One just pack his family come this my street here in Abẹ́òkúta as if there's war ongoing in the east. You're just economic refugees and nothing more but instead to admit it, you hate the "slave" tag hence the chest beating. grin

1 Like

Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by apex0038(m): 2:54am On Sep 06, 2020
Igbochief001:

firstly igbos traded with the whites for years , we welcomed them with our arms open

unlike the yorubas that begged them to come rule them before they kill themselves finish

Igbo man even till now can never give up his right to rule himself no matter the cost ...

u people need to understand how we igbos value life n freedom ....death was never a form of punishment neither was prison ....if u commit and offence ...u are either fined or excommunicated ....and send to the land of osu ...where people who commit offence that are unforgivable stay ...but you still had your freedom

I as an igbo man would die 1 million times than to be a slave once

British never defeated the igbos really ...we accepting Christianity was what softened the war and we accepted them
What happened to the killing of twins in Arochukwu and it environment and killing and eating of human being in Isiala Ngwa and Nbiase nbanno.
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by apex0038(m): 3:02am On Sep 06, 2020
AlfaSeltzer:
Yoruba will surrender even before you declare war.

Igbos never say die and will fight till the end against overwhelming odds.
When did that happened in history. Abi you did not think someone will response to you. Yorubas has always dictated the directions of this country even before independence. 1948,1953,1966/1967,1983,1993_1999,2011,2015,2019.God bless you all. Three month ago only IGP treat dropped South east regional security.
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by apex0038(m): 3:29am On Sep 06, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Yorubas only invited the white to rule coz they can't rule themselves.

Give them Oduduwa republic and in less than six months everywhere will turn to desert because they will kill themselves finish.
The Yorubas that have been ruling themselves as far back as 14 century, conquered land from Bacita ,Obajana near River Niger here to Cotonou ,Porth Novo(Ajase) ,to Lome ,Lopae ,to Aflao in cot'dovua(Ivory coast{toAshanti people of Ghana. To the Glory of God,Yoruba land is the Glory of lands in Business, Religion, Agriculture, Peace,Atlantic splendour, Shelter,Development and Mineral resources. Facts not abuse and self glorification.

1 Like

Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Nobody: 5:18am On Sep 06, 2020
apex0038:
What happened to the killing of twins in Arochukwu and it environment and killing and eating of human being in Isiala Ngwa and Nbiase nbanno.
Most tribe in Africa killed twins it's not an Igbo thing ..
.there is no evidence of carnibalism among igbos
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Nobody: 5:52am On Sep 06, 2020
leofab:
other than Lagos can south west boast of a single modern city ?

By modern city you mean? Because from olden days Yorubas have been building cities, while everyone knows you guys lived in mushroom villages with a population of 10 per village until the white man came to civilize you. There is a reason why all the major tribes built great empires apart from yeebos. You guys were not advanced enough to do such.

1 Like

Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by myobjective: 8:19am On Sep 06, 2020
TimeManager:

I'm sorry, you are incoherent while your source ain't detailed. They were soundly defeated at first instance without putting up a strong resistance. There wasn't any record of prolonged fighting against the British. They'd rather enter an agreement to preserve their Islamic culture.

kiss the truth!

The Fulani were never in any position to negetiate during this time simply because they were soundly defeated. The colonialist only allow the puppet kings to have some control due to how strategic those issues were to the Protectorate.

For example, the colonialist listen to the Emir in their plead not to allow missionaries into the Muslim north after they have seen what educated Southerners and most specifically Lagos educated elites were doing in the south.
At these time, the Emirs were sending their children down south to pegan north for these schools.

1 Like

Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by myobjective: 8:23am On Sep 06, 2020
MosheDayan:
which one be egba women revolt? these Afonjas sef. their development ended when Awolowo built a t.v station for them. after that they haven't achieved anything with their education. useless Afonja grin

In the 50s towns like Ìkàré, OWÓ, Oshogbo, Ifè and others in the interland of Yorubaland had electricity and pipe born water all thanks to Awolowo when most of Igbos were living in the bushes and running around with monkeys.

3 Likes

Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by MosheDayan: 8:35am On Sep 06, 2020
myobjective:

In the 50s towns like Ìkàré, OWÓ, Oshogbo, Ifè and others in the interland of Yorubaland had electricity and pipe born water all thanks to Awolowo when most of Igbos were living in the bushes and running around with monkeys.
i get am nobe propertymy guy.all you have now are brown dirty rusted roofs and skull mining grin grin grin grin go and deposit the past in a bank. stop yapping nonsense bruh......... grin grin
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Dedetwo(m): 8:39am On Sep 06, 2020
myobjective:

I Awolowo came back to Nigeria in 1948 on a borrowed money for flight ticket. Awo was nobody until 1954 and spent only 3 to 4 years in the position he found himself in 1954. Based on the crap spewed by the ill-informed Yari.ba peeps, one is forced to think that Awo must be a magician.

1 Like

Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by myobjective: 8:48am On Sep 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

I Awolowo came back to Nigeria in 1948 on a borrowed money for flight ticket. Awo was nobody until 1954 and spent only 3 to 4 years in the position he found himself in 1954. Based on the crap spewed by the ill-informed Yari.ba peeps, one is forced to think that Awo must be a magician.

Electricity came to Ìkàré in 1958 when Awolowo was the premier of western Nigeria. Go Choke on that.

3 Likes

Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Dedetwo(m): 8:48am On Sep 06, 2020
apex0038:
The Yorubas that have been ruling themselves as far back as 14 century, conquered land from Bacita ,Obajana near River Niger here to Cotonou ,Porth Novo(Ajase) ,to Lome ,Lopae ,to Aflao in cot'dovua(Ivory coast{toAshanti people of Ghana. To the Glory of God,Yoruba land is the Glory of lands in Business, Religion, Agriculture, Peace,Atlantic splendour, Shelter,Development and Mineral resources. Facts not abuse and self glorification.

Yari.ba conquered or ruled nobody. As a matter of fact, Yari.ba are not original inhabitants of Nigeria. Yari.ba are co-sojourners to Fulani.
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Dedetwo(m): 8:51am On Sep 06, 2020
myobjective:

Electricity came to Ìkàré in 1958 when Awolowo was the premier of western Nigeria. Go Choke on that.

You so idiotic with ignorance. Aba had electricity before 1929.
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by myobjective: 8:54am On Sep 06, 2020
MosheDayan:
i get am nobe propertymy guy.all you have now are brown dirty rusted roofs and skull mining grin grin grin grin go and deposit the past in a bank. stop yapping nonsense bruh......... grin grin

I have been to most Eastern states and I will still tell you that Yorubas are miles ahead.

Akure beats all your state capital hands down.

3 Likes

Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by myobjective: 8:59am On Sep 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

Aba was a bigger British administration center. Compare Aba to Abeokuta instead of Ìkàré.
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

Another lie . Proof oga

1 Like

Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

Yari.ba conquered or ruled nobody. As a matter of fact, Yari.ba are not original inhabitants of Nigeria. Yari.ba are co-sojourners to Fulani.
OSU are the orignal inhabitants na from arochukwu bush.

2 Likes

Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

You are in pain my OSU blother. Ndo.
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Dedetwo(m): 9:16am On Sep 06, 2020
wizzakosh:
Another lie . Proof oga

Please read your books for a change.
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 06, 2020
Igbochief001:

Most tribe in Africa killed twins it's not an Igbo thing ..
.there is no evidence of carnibalism among igbos
Shut up and name any other Africa that kill twins aside your evil Igbo race.
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

Please read your books for a change.
Shut up and bring proof, are you not the one arguing. Olofo.
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Dedetwo(m): 9:18am On Sep 06, 2020
wizzakosh:
You are in pain my OSU blother. Ndo.

Abobaku, why the name calling? Just put down your facts, if you have any, for posterity.
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Dedetwo(m): 9:19am On Sep 06, 2020
wizzakosh:
Shut up and bring proof, are you not the one arguing. Olofo.

I do not like to exchange words with moronic fools.
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

I do not like to exchange wards with moronic fools.
Really, maybe the day you shape your grammar, you will stop being a fool. Hahahah cheesy. Olodo.
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

Abobaku, why the name calling? Just put down your facts, if you have any, for posterity.
OSU, I will be proud to be abobaku cos I know the enjoyment in it.

Can you tell me the enjoyment in being OSU aside being used for sacrifice to a worthless gods grin.

See the life of OSUs below grin. I mean, sniper osu

3 Likes

Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Dedetwo(m): 9:33am On Sep 06, 2020
wizzakosh:
OSU, I will be proud to be abobaku cos I know the enjoyment in it.

Can you tell me the enjoyment in being OSU aside being used for sacrifice to a worthless gods grin.

See the life of OSUs below grin. I mean, sniper osu

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/12279777_12267563sssjpeg7f19f1a89cf2b3266f2612bcbf8778f1_jpeg_jpeg3400ed4d232b32e054b75c2faddbf325
https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/12279778_12267561sjpeg2c76ec11f111ffdc531095febc234cdb_jpeg_jpeg52d5fa11a4f7da96b8b6ece49d7beb87

Only fools flaunt their ignorance in the public. I cannot help your idiocy on this regard. As for the idiotic pictures posted above, there is no fraud beyond the Yari.ba peeps. Yari.ba dramatized what they assumed took place in government house, Ibadan during July 29, 1966 coup. So the above pictures are not a work for Yari.ba con artists to manufacture.
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 06, 2020
wizzakosh:
Shut up and name any other Africa that kill twins aside your evil Igbo race.
Firstly it was efik that she stopped killing of twins
Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by WhizdomXX(m): 9:47am On Sep 06, 2020
50% of posts in this topic are all geared towards tribalistic lies just to save face and discredit another's tribe. It's sad and shameful, can't we have meaningful discussions on this platform with facts and links??
From information available to me, most tribes raised meaningful resistance to the British, both through wars and other means. However, there was one that didn't, maybe theirs wasn't documented or was too weak to be termed "meaningful". For the peace of these platform I won't mention, but I advice we should read it up on Wikipedia instead of using people's biased opinions. Peace. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Grade The Yoruba And Igbo Relation With The British. by Gracchus: 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2020
OfoIgbo:

We have been trying to leave Nigeria, but your people and their Fulani master's are doing everything possible to keep Igbos in this childless and adulterous union
You must be very stupid to think we give a ratass if you leave or not. The borders of Yoruba land are widely open for you to leave, nobody is stopping. Tell your bused to stop coming to the SW.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reducing Cabinet Will Affect Performance, Tinubu Insists / Edo State House Of Assembly Speaker, Impeached! / Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.