Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic (1775 Views)

5 Major Killers Of A Sweet Relationship / 4 Killers Of A Sweet Relationship / Ladies Name One Thing Men Do That Turns You Off But They Think It's A Turn On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by Ambode4g(m): 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
hello nairalanders, I seriously need your advice on a relationship I am currently into.
I met this lady online and she seems so beautiful so we started a conversation and I get to know she stays in abuja while I am based in Lagos. she is 32 while I am 27 but she looks so young that you will really think she is 25. we knew about the age differences and we were cool about it and that was his this sweet relationship started but things start getting saucy 2 months into the relationship. anytime we are in a little argument she goes straight to her status and start posting some inspiration trash trying to get at me and after resolving the issue I would tell her not to repeat the status thing again but she won't hesitate to repeat this same thing over and over. recently while trying to explain some issues to her she seems to always lead it into an argument.
now what made me made this post was that we had an issue last week where she told me she was broke and I told her I was too then she responded she will CARRY HER CROSS HERSELF. I tried to explain that with time things will be cool but she started raging and I only had to calm her down and we resolved the issue. then I notice a post on her timeline she made when she was angry in the argument and the post was like LADIES, EXCEPT A MAN PAYS YOUR BRIDE PRICE YOU'RE SERIOUSLY SINGLE. I tried talking to her about what that was supposed to mean and adviced her to take it down but she insisted what she posted wasn't wrong and she is seriously single. Now she is blaming me saying am taking that as an excuse to break up with her. we have stopped talking since morning and I am really confused if I have not stepped into the wrong relationship this way. pls I need you guys advice
Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by holocron: 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
You have bit off more than you can chew. Sorry. You will be frustrated if you don't let go now. Five years your senior! Except you are a playboy aiming at her cash, can you engage in a serious normal relationship with such?

7 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
Nawa oh......
LADIES, EXCEPT A MAN PAYS YOUR BRIDE PRICE YOU'RE SERIOUSLY SINGLE.
Wow she has already given you the signa that she is single......
Man I can't advice you because you are in love.....

I don't advice people in love, never will I try that.....
If you are not in love you would have know what to do....

She is her early 30s and codedly seeking a man that can carry her bills....
THE TRUTH she is a former runs girl

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by anthonyuncle(m): 8:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
bros to be honest, u are da one that is SERIOUSLY SINGLE!
that girl don stop to dey date u since

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by yomi007k(m): 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
Op didn't read ubunja red pills...

You need the pills to get well bro. grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by EJanni(f): 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2020
She's emotionally immature, besides she's your elder maybe she's also complexed

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by MARX77(m): 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
You're in no obligation to cater for one's immaturity. Someone you've advised severally over such childish act certainly has ALOT of growing up to do

6 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by laosy(m): 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
Oga, that lady will bill away your life. There's nothing you can do that'll satisfy her, and plus she resides in Abuja. Abuja wey be say na low-key runs babes plenty for there, nothing you can can do to entice her as she sees how her mates are making it from senators sugar daddies

7 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by UDUJ(m): 9:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
yomi007k:
Op didn't read ubunja red pills...

You need the pills to get well bro. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by decatalyst(m): 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2020
EJanni:
She's emotionally immature, besides she's your elder maybe she's also complexed

...and so heady. May be one of the reasons she isn't in any serious relationship, not to talk of married, at 32yrs!

You are 27 yrs and she is 32yrs, no disrespect but that lady is 10yrs more mature and smarter than you!

Ogbeni, face front and let that lady find her match!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by idahme(m): 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
holocron:
You have bit off more than you can chew. Sorry. You will be frustrated if you don't let go now. Five years your senior! Except you are a playboy aiming at her cash, can you engage in a serious normal relationship with such?

The age isn't the young man's issue but the character of the lady in question. What you feel dies over time but the character of your partner to a large extent will sustain the relationship going forward. OP you haven't even witnessed physical aspect of the relationship and you are complaining that means more complains will come going forward. To be sincere you guys aren't compatible so better free her, it's difficult for her to start learning at this age...... Avoid premium tears

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by phazotron(m): 10:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ambode4g:
hello nairalanders, I seriously need your advice on a relationship I am currently into.
I met this lady online and she seems so beautiful so we started a conversation and I get to know she stays in abuja while I am based in Lagos. she is 32 while I am 27 but she looks so young that you will really think she is 25. we knew about the age differences and we were cool about it and that was his this sweet relationship started but things start getting saucy 2 months into the relationship. anytime we are in a little argument she goes straight to her status and start posting some inspiration trash trying to get at me and after resolving the issue I would tell her not to repeat the status thing again but she won't hesitate to repeat this same thing over and over. recently while trying to explain some issues to her she seems to always lead it into an argument.
now what made me made this post was that we had an issue last week where she told me she was broke and I told her I was too then she responded she will CARRY HER CROSS HERSELF. I tried to explain that with time things will be cool but she started raging and I only had to calm her down and we resolved the issue. then I notice a post on her timeline she made when she was angry in the argument and the post was like LADIES, EXCEPT A MAN PAYS YOUR BRIDE PRICE YOU'RE SERIOUSLY SINGLE. I tried talking to her about what that was supposed to mean and adviced her to take it down but she insisted what she posted wasn't wrong and she is seriously single. Now she is blaming me saying am taking that as an excuse to break up with her. we have stopped talking since morning and I am really confused if I have not stepped into the wrong relationship this way. pls I need you guys advice

Even my ex is guilty of this shit. Your ex and my ex na the same. Very immature girls. It's childish and immature stuff. If guys dey post their babes fuckups for status our status go full 24/7. It's very stupid to be airing dirty laundry in public. Nigerian girls do this stupid shit a lot.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by eazzzy1(m): 12:54am On Aug 30, 2020
Why are you trying to control what she posts on her status though? You think she does it to get to you then you make it get to you, so her toxicity is making you toxic. She’s succeeding in turning you into a complainer and nag.

If you know her status gets to you, block her from seeing your status, that way you don’t see hers either. I know posting about such is therapeutic to most girls, they feel better when they do. So basically you are angry that your girlfriend wants to feel better.

At 32 your gf wants marriage ASAP, if you don’t see yourself marrying by mid next year please let her go, you don’t need that kind of pressure in your life. Once a naija girl hits 25 she doesn’t have more than 2 years to spare in a relationship.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by Kiddogarcia(m): 1:28am On Aug 30, 2020
Make plenty come,na agbo me dey sell
Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by HeavenlyCherub(f): 3:47am On Aug 30, 2020
Ambode4g:

Everything has its ups and down. Just depends if you’re willing to fight for what you have. Good things taken for granted are taken away.. think carefully before acting
Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by phazotron(m): 6:52am On Aug 30, 2020
eazzzy1:
Why are you trying to control what she posts on her status though? You think she does it to get to you then you make it get to you, so her toxicity is making you toxic. She’s succeeding in turning you into a complainer and nag.

If you know her status gets to you, block her from seeing your status, that way you don’t see hers either. I know posting about such is therapeutic to most girls, they feel better when they do. So basically you are angry that your girlfriend wants to feel better.

At 32 your gf wants marriage ASAP, if you don’t see yourself marrying by mid next year please let her go, you don’t need that kind of pressure in your life. Once a naija girl hits 25 she doesn’t have more than 2 years to spare in a relationship.

Why do girls do that shit? It's immature to be honest. If you have an issue with ur guy sit down and talk about it.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by Ambode4g(m): 8:22am On Aug 30, 2020
eazzzy1:

I cost me nothing to overlook such post if it was a normal girl with normal fling relationship but this is someone I am planning on spending my life with. how can she behave so stubborn during relationship? what if we get married? her ideology baffles me a lot. she seems to be more like a feminist.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by Charleys: 8:30am On Aug 30, 2020
phazotron:

Even my ex is guilty of this shit. Your ex and my ex na the same. Very immature girls. It's childish and immature stuff. If guys dey post their babes fuckups for status our status go full 24/7. It's very stupid to be airing dirty laundry in public. Nigerian girls do this stupid shit a lot.

Maybe you guys are dating the same girl. What's her name?
Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by phazotron(m): 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2020
Charleys:

Maybe you guys are dating the same girl. What's her name?

Can't disclose here but she used to do that shit a lot. Small fight she go dey post status on WhatsApp. If your guy offend you approach him and hash it out. Shey na the status go solve the issue?
Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by Johniegram26(m): 9:17am On Aug 31, 2020
Ambode4g:
bro leave that woman alone abeg...if u marry her ehn...u go quick die o...
Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by chinchonglee(m): 9:43am On Aug 31, 2020
relationship matter to plenty for this world.

am a strong perfectionist and it has affected all my relationships and that's one of the reasons am still single today...

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 31, 2020
Never stay in a toxic relationship. Stay with the person who brings out the best in you not the stress in you. She is obviously not mature for a relationship and I can't help but feel you're emotionally attached to her. Better drop her or face a life full of stress and depression

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by mrblessed(m): 10:45am On Aug 31, 2020
HeavenlyCherub:

Everything has its ups and down. Just depends if you’re willing to fight for what you have. Good things taken for granted are taken away.. think carefully before acting
I so much love this comment because it is a typical demonstration of an average Nigerian lady thought processing: pretend as if there is no problem and strenuously shop for externalist factors as scape goats.

Baba, the earlier you realise you don't have a girlfriend, the better for you.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by Frankicent(m): 11:06am On Aug 31, 2020
You sha won kill yourself for woman way no love you. Simp plenty I swear.
So you're involved in an online distance relationship, with a woman who still act like a child.
I don't remember reading the part where you said you two met in person. I wouldn't be surprise if you've not seen this lady in person.

Baba, get a Life bro. So because of this Inspiration trash as you said. You want to kill yah self.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by Frankicent(m): 11:10am On Aug 31, 2020
ayomikuolatunji:
Nawa oh......
LADIES, EXCEPT A MAN PAYS YOUR BRIDE PRICE YOU'RE SERIOUSLY SINGLE.
Wow she has already given you the signa that she is single......
Man I can't advice you because you are in love.....

I don't advice people in love, never will I try that.....
If you are not in love you would have know what to do....

She is her early 30s and codedly seeking a man that can carry her bills....
THE TRUTH she is a former runs girl

Former runa girl? This one never hang boot oo.imagine, she doing Same thing too 5-6 men. She don cashout big time.

I agree with you. People who are in love don't need advice. Because, no matter the advice given. He/ she will label you as fool.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by HeavenlyCherub(f): 2:24pm On Aug 31, 2020
mrblessed:
I so much love this comment because it is a typical demonstration of an average Nigerian lady thought processing: pretend as if there is no problem and strenuously shop for externalist factors as scape goats.

Baba, the earlier you realise you don't have a girlfriend, the better for you.

Every time you experience a problem you will move on? You won’t try resolve? You will forever change partners as no one is perfect
Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by HeavenlyCherub(f): 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2020
chinchonglee:
relationship matter to plenty for this world.

am a strong perfectionist and it has affected all my relationships and that's one of the reasons am still single today...

Forever single as no one is perfect
Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by chinchonglee(m): 3:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
HeavenlyCherub:

Forever single as no one is perfect

Nope... One fact u must understand is that it isn't easy staying single for the rest of ur life... My advice find a responsible partner and make it work.
Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 31, 2020
Ambode4g:

Your Bea is behaving like a child. I vet she's not up to that years she claim. And from the look of thing this lady can't keep private matters secret. She will be telling her friends anything that happen in-between you guys. She's not understandable at all. Well try and talk to her tell her your do and don't if you are willing to wife her or else declare it's an inconclusive severance.
Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by phazotron(m): 10:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
chinchonglee:

Nope... One fact u must understand is that it isn't easy staying single for the rest of ur life... My advice find a responsible partner and make it work.

How many are out there? Most just carry bad attitude full body sef. I no get patience for all these kind nonsense behavior.
Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by VcStunner(m): 11:18pm On Aug 31, 2020
Shit happens but let's start with how terribly idle the both of you are that you immediately start posting stuff on status and the other spending time to analyze it. 32 and 27? Average age of 29.5yrs are acting like 18yr old and don't see a thing wrong with it? Okay so, enough of the personal attack now... This is how I sorted it out with my 24yrs old gf. I told her babe, we are one entity and a challenge is just an intruder, when one exists..let's try and keep it saperate, give it a name then look at it like a team of two genius with a common goal to be happy together and solve that shit!
At first, it was hard. I led the action and she learnt from me overtime. Bear in mind that you can't achieve this if the person you are with isn't 100% with you.

Learn from this guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUnVhnaH1wQ
Re: I Need Advice On A Sweet Relationship That Turns Toxic by LikeAking: 12:48am On Sep 01, 2020
Red pill boys pls help this guy.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Slawormir / A Responsive Girl Went Mute Suddenly; How Do I Handle This? / Catholic Bishop Resigns After Falling In Love With Satanic-erotica Author

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.