Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests (33801 Views)

Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests / Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal / Video Of Asisat Oshoala's First Goal For Barcelona. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Tywo2018: 7:56am On Aug 30, 2020
U can what Messi issue is causing.
ghettokid1:

no two ways about it...Fergie001 galacticoever emeijeh una hear am??

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Angel1696: 8:07am On Aug 30, 2020
Aufbauh:
He's looking for an escape route cheesy He knows that nothing good will come out of this present Barça squad.

CR7 the intercontinental real Goat can't be playing this kind of hide and seek game looking around for club with already made players.
. y did your goat Ronaldo choose bologna or udinesse instead he chooses Juventus with already made players

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by conquerorb: 8:13am On Aug 30, 2020
Pimpmaride The News is about Messi not C Ronaldo. Stop this needless talk .=93376094:
Messi real goat..

Ronaldo the mumu ewure. Nobody knows him..

See how Messi fill every where

Shame on penaldez Failurenaldo fans...... Ur ewure is not relevant like my GOAT....

We are behind you Messi..

Move on
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by TechDaddy(m): 8:15am On Aug 30, 2020
Awol1:

He doesn't deserve this at all.

You know it's dangerous keeping a player who is psychologically done with you. If Barcelona force him to stay, he will never give his best, that's if he gives anything at all.

If I were Messi, I will start scoring own goals grin

Haha! grin

Messi wouldn't do that. He loves Barcelona. I'm sure this moment is hurting him a lot right now.
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by TechDaddy(m): 8:18am On Aug 30, 2020
Tywo2018:
U can what Messi issue is causing.

That's how this one's career will start dipping. Remember the dude that asked for Ronaldo's shirt after he left Madrid? What happened to him? He's currently processing his loan move to Benefica. grin

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by DimIsaac10(m): 8:19am On Aug 30, 2020
I was against Messi decision until I heard that the new coach was planning to buy Immobile to replace swarez.
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Lekute: 8:25am On Aug 30, 2020
ghettokid1:
no two ways about it...Fergie001 galacticoever emeijeh una hear am??

If God can't help u, then devil is helping u already.
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Beverlyjean(f): 8:25am On Aug 30, 2020
fergie001:

That's the only way he can go. Truthfully, his contract of walking away ended June 30th.

The only way out is sit with the board, agree on an acceptable fee for everyone and move on.

The Board is playing to the gallery themselves as they need him to go but don't want to look like they are pushing him away. He is going to be 34 next season.....You #CashOut asap.

His wages off their neck, and the fee to be agreed on will go a long way in helping them re-invest.

CITY it is.

The problem os not that barca don't want to sell...its that messi wants to leave for free so that ge can negotiate a bigger contract with a new team...but barca is resisting saying that agreement expired on June 10
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by BuchiPrinzy: 8:33am On Aug 30, 2020
Aufbauh:
He's looking for an escape route cheesy He knows that nothing good will come out of this present Barça squad.

CR7 the intercontinental real Goat can't be playing this kind of hide and seek game looking around for club with already made players.

Need I remind you that Juventus lost what was theirs when your Ewure joined them?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by cjudy(m): 8:36am On Aug 30, 2020
Pimpmaride:

We.rey I use spark 4 not spart 4
Weda Spart or Spark all na rubbish, stop writing rubbish on someone success and its werey not we.rey
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by fergie001: 8:38am On Aug 30, 2020
Gordieshegz:

But you practically put Ronaldo above Messi in your meme na
No mind am
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by fergie001: 8:43am On Aug 30, 2020
Beverlyjean:

The problem os not that barca don't want to sell...its that messi wants to leave for free so that ge can negotiate a bigger contract with a new team...but barca is resisting saying that agreement expired on June 10
Exactly, which isn't financially right for the Board, but hopefully they will sit and reach an amicable agreement that favours both parties.

pyrex23:

For me, they're cheating the clause in his contract, even though they're right and it's professional.

Did they expect him to leave when matches were Ongoing?
He's done alot for Barcelona. Let him leave please.
Contracts are contracts, hence are professional because he is a professional footballer.

Assume Messi had asked to leave in May, and you are in Barca Board, will you feel he did the MORAL thing?

Nobody is cheating him, he signed the Contract.
They should sit and talk....If it doesn't end well, he should sit down there till next season.
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Beedude(m): 8:44am On Aug 30, 2020
This Barca board na fraud.
Even as a fan, I think Messi already paid his dues for us. Let the nigga go. Infact he deserve a match to be organized as an honor.

But Bartomeu and co are just bastards. They have no football knowledge and the only thing they rely on is Messi's magic.

How long will he keep carrying us.
Let him go for a fee around 150m and rebuild the team. With good sporting policy we will be back before 2-3 yrs

6 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by jaxxy(m): 8:46am On Aug 30, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
He should leave Barcelona, Lionel Messi Remains the greatest of all Time

Messi is about to prove a point. This is what we have been wanting from him all this while.
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:49am On Aug 30, 2020
fergie001:

That's the only way he can go. Truthfully, his contract of walking away ended June 30th.

The only way out is sit with the board, agree on an acceptable fee for everyone and move on.

The Board is playing to the gallery themselves as they need him to go but don't want to look like they are pushing him away. He is going to be 34 next season.....You #CashOut asap.

His wages off their neck, and the fee to be agreed on will go a long way in helping them re-invest.

CITY it is.

The logical explanation.
1. Messi should respect the club n see out his contract. He's seen as a gentle lamb. Dies he think Barca can't win cups anymore? Where's his lotalty & helping out Barca in crisis

2. No matter what's the crime of Bartomeau, he has ran Barca with his best abilities. He even. Offered Messi at his age huge contract that warranted that huge buyout clause. Messi enjoyed the wages when he's paid. He should not be an ungrateful son. Nobody is hating him at Barcelona so why start something that ll cause hate to him from fans very soon. He's now acting disloyal for not returning to training.

3. If it's CR7 that acted this way, his criticism ll v topped all major newspapers worldwide.
Most people ll say he's proud, he's bad, he's a cheat etc. Now it's Messi that acting immature here and like an over pampered boy.
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:49am On Aug 30, 2020
Awol1:
But I hate Capitalists.

After everything Messi gave to Barcelona, those ingrates are trying to play clever with the fact that the end-of-season clause in Messi contract, which would have made his exit easy, had expired after Covid19 caused an extension of the season. They now argue it expired in June.

If these players had refused playing because season had ended, would Barcelona not have tagged them as not being understanding?

Why not give Messi their Blessings and let the guy move on with his life?

Why are capitalists like this?
The logical explanation.
1. Messi should respect the club n see out his contract. He's seen as a gentle lamb. Dies he think Barca can't win cups anymore? Where's his lotalty & helping out Barca in crisis

2. No matter what's the crime of Bartomeau, he has ran Barca with his best abilities. He even. Offered Messi at his age huge contract that warranted that huge buyout clause. Messi enjoyed the wages when he's paid. He should not be an ungrateful son. Nobody is hating him at Barcelona so why start something that ll cause hate to him from fans very soon. He's now acting disloyal for not returning to training.

3. If it's CR7 that acted this way, his criticism ll v topped all major newspapers worldwide.
Most people ll say he's proud, he's bad, he's a cheat etc. Now it's Messi that acting immature here and like an over pampered boy.
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2020
Pimpmaride:
Messi real goat..

Shame on penaldez Failurenaldo fans...... Ur ewure is not relevant like my GOAT....

Move on
The logical explanation.

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2020
Aufbauh:

The logical explanation.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Beverlyjean(f): 8:52am On Aug 30, 2020
fergie001:

Exactly, which isn't financially right for the Board, but hopefully they will sit and reach an amicable agreement that favours both parties.

Contracts are contracts, hence are professional because he is a professional footballer.

Assume Messi had asked to leave in May, and you are in Barca Board, will you feel he did the MORAL thing?

They should sit and talk....If it doesn't end well, he should sit down there till next season.

Messi made a huge mistake...he should have reviewed or revisited the contract during the pandemic but he dint
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 30, 2020
cjudy:

Weda Spart or Spark all na rubbish, stop writing rubbish on someone success and its werey not we.rey

No sense... U don't know the reason I said we.rey

A reasonable person wud av known why I wrote it like that
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Beedude(m): 8:53am On Aug 30, 2020
fergie001:

Exactly, but they will sit and reach an amicable agreement that favours both parties.

Lolz. Contract are contract. But the players took 70% wage cut due to Covid 19. If we are to go by ur words it means players should be paid 100% despite not playing football cos it wasn't stated in their contracts.
Was it Messi that caused Covid 19?

I have people on loan with backs who were given extended time to be able to meet up due to the pandemic. Covid 19 lockdown wasn't something anyone though of.
The board trying to use that as an excuse shows how unlearned they are. If Messi had mentioned his exit at the middle of a season, the board might even accuse him of not putting the world teams interest first and the reason for their failure against Madrid and Bayern.
Barca board na big time fraud. They goofed in every aspect of running the club

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 30, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Messi made a huge mistake...he should have reviewed or revisited the contract during the pandemic but he dint

Says a Failurenaldo fan gringringringrin
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by fergie001: 9:03am On Aug 30, 2020
Beedude:

Their goofing is good news to their rivals of whom I am Number one. grin

That asides, the issue of taking wage-cuts was a contentious issue @ the time. Ex-players criticised the compulsion of clubs to do that, hence, I remember Messi as Captain saying it was their own VOLUNTARY commitment towards contributing for the fight against COVID-19.

That asides, Messi has done well for the club, they will seek a favourable position. It isn't really direct to say the club should let a Messi go for free.... Absolutely NOT.

A favourable fee will be reached.
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by fergie001: 9:05am On Aug 30, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Not really a mistake per se, 'cos good cash was involved.

All the same, he isn't on the driving-seat now..He should sit like he has requested so that he can get back to his football.
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by fergie001: 9:07am On Aug 30, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:

The logical explanation.

END OF THREAD.........
ghettokid1...knack this young man one chilled Heineken.
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by lichocho(m): 9:08am On Aug 30, 2020
Aufbauh:

Pls I'm not confuse a bit, am only praying that he should leave his comfort zone and prove himself. But he should do that with straight face and not hide and seek game.

I hate non tested, local champion, die-put legend etc. It's my conviction that you need to repeat good feat at different stages and places to be proven.
so lampard no be player abi,Ferguson no be coach.. giggs no be player abi..Ramos no be player abi..just think before u talk..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by jayaim: 9:10am On Aug 30, 2020
Mumu
Pimpmaride:
Messi real goat..

Move on
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Beedude(m): 9:11am On Aug 30, 2020
fergie001:

Their goofing is good news to their rivals of whom I am Number one. grin

That asides, the issue of taking wage-cuts was a contentious issue @ the time. Ex-players criticised the compulsion of clubs to do that, hence, I remember Messi as Captain saying it was their own little commitment towards contributing for the fight against COVID-19.

That asides, Messi has done well for the club, they will seek a favourable position. It isn't really direct to say the club should let a Messi go for free.... Absolutely NOT.

A favourable fee will be reached.
Of course he can't go for free. But saying contract is contract when we all know season ended this month due to Covid 19 is inhuman. We always want things to Favour us all the time. Since players contract and payment were affected due to the pandemic, I don't see a reason why the club should still insist on a contract dated May when the season was supposed to end. Saying a club should roll out 600+m at this period is like saying you are not ready to sale.
FFP will always be on the lookout for clubs who rollout that kindof cash at the moment

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by fergie001: 9:13am On Aug 30, 2020
Beedude:

Of course he can't go for free. But saying contract is contract when we all know season ended this month due to Covid 19 is inhuman. We always want things to Favour us all the time. Since players contract and payment were affected due to the pandemic, I don't see a reason why the club should still insist on a contract dated May when the season was supposed to end. Saying a club should roll out 600+m at this period is like saying you are not ready to sale.
FFP will always be on the lookout for clubs who rollout that kindof cash at the moment
Trust that, they won't set that amount for clubs.

Calm....they will resolve it.
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by cjudy(m): 9:16am On Aug 30, 2020
Pimpmaride:

No sense... U don't know the reason I said we.rey

A reasonable person wud av known why I wrote it like that
It's because you're bigger than typo error
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by abbasajao(m): 9:18am On Aug 30, 2020
This ASHUN man should just leave already.
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 30, 2020
cjudy:
It's because you're bigger than typo error
We.rey... U r new on nairaland...
Its a way to skip escape been ban...
U don't no anytin.. U r a new bie on nairaland.. Don't blame u, mu........ Mu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Drogba Hails Mohamed Salah As He Breaks His Premier League Record / Barca To Pay Liverpool Extra €5m After Coutinho Won The UCL For ANOTHER Team / Kanu Nwankwo Recovers Money Stolen From His Luggage In Russia - Read More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.