Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests (33814 Views)

Osimhen Refuses To Celebrate After Scoring Against Maduka Okoye / Angry Messi Refuses To Collect Copa America Third Place Medal / Video Of Asisat Oshoala's First Goal For Barcelona. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by ghettokid1(m): 9:31am On Aug 30, 2020
fergie001:
END OF THREAD......... ghettokid1...knack this young man one chilled Heineken.
mtcheeew...
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by ghettokid1(m): 9:35am On Aug 30, 2020
fergie001:

That's the only way he can go. Truthfully, his contract of walking away ended June 30th.

The only way out is sit with the board, agree on an acceptable fee for everyone and move on.

The Board is playing to the gallery themselves as they need him to go but don't want to look like they are pushing him away. He is going to be 34 next season.....You #CashOut asap.

His wages off their neck, and the fee to be agreed on will go a long way in helping them re-invest.

CITY it is.

They are about to accept €280m or €120m + G Jesus & Silva
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by fergie001: 10:29am On Aug 30, 2020
ghettokid1:

They are about to accept €280m or €120m + G Jesus & Silva
Very Good deal for Barca....
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by fergie001: 10:35am On Aug 30, 2020
ghettokid1:
mtcheeew...
grin
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Carlyscales: 11:03am On Aug 30, 2020
fergie001:

That's the only way he can go. Truthfully, his contract of walking away ended June 30th.

The only way out is sit with the board, agree on an acceptable fee for everyone and move on.

The Board is playing to the gallery themselves as they need him to go but don't want to look like they are pushing him away. He is going to be 34 next season.....You #CashOut asap.

His wages off their neck, and the fee to be agreed on will go a long way in helping them re-invest.

CITY it is.

as a barca fan!
Messi can gooo

But this board shout gtf out of barca.
They can't invest nothing. They'll waste the extra funds from Mesi's leaving, like the ones before it.

including that mediocre koeman coach
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:05am On Aug 30, 2020
chally4real:
I will suggest he leaves now while the applaud is still loud.... only few will understand tho.

He should have left long time before now. Which "applaud" are you talking about again after that 2 -8 demolition ? Messi is a great player whose records will be very difficult for anybody to erase in Barcelona and even in the world of football. However that scoreline against Bayern remains a dent if it happens to be his last game for Barca. It is truly unfortunate.
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Carlyscales: 11:14am On Aug 30, 2020
Gabe427:
can't they loan him out to fill that void then he comes back and finish his career at Barca

I wish he left but Barca but not in this manner

I blame Bayern Munich

what did I just see from you

the whole blame is on this Bartomeu board and their list of mediocre coaches ( valverde, Satien, koeman etc)

visionless and shameless board that were busy hiring SM influencers to paint messi and other club veterans bad, inorder to look good. Instead of building and strategizing on how to grow talents and replace old stars above 30yrs in d squad.

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by staneless(m): 11:38am On Aug 30, 2020
Funkyswagzz:
This guy is really serious about leaving the club

Before nko? He don sacrifice alot for the club
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Ramaa(m): 11:41am On Aug 30, 2020
Now i believe that NOTHING LAST FOREVER.......

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by fergie001: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2020
Carlyscales:

as a barca fan!
Messi can gooo

But this board shout gtf out of barca.
They can't invest nothing. They'll waste the extra funds from Mesi's leaving, like the ones before it.

including that mediocre koeman coach
My brother, you should be "calming down" nah
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Fulks217: 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2020
Pimpmaride:
Messi real goat..

Ronaldo the mumu ewure. Nobody knows him..

See how Messi fill every where

Shame on penaldez Failurenaldo fans...... Ur ewure is not relevant like my GOAT....

We are behind you Messi..

Move on
FAKE GOAT
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by DancingSkeleton(m): 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2020
Aufbauh:

I'll forgive ur statement cus you sound like a kid. Insulting an adult to have a "lowlife' cos of someone that doesn't know you exist tell more of a kid you are.

He has to prove himself to some of his many critics that felt he cannot perform at the same level outside his Barça enclave just like when playing for the Argentina.
You telling someone who doesn’t even know if your lineage exist to prove himself just because you’re able to watch him play on tv once in a blue moon shows how much of a lowlife you are like said earlier. Funny you count yourself among his critics lol grin He even called himself an adult cheesy Having hairy chest and balls like an orangutan doesn’t make one an adult but their thoughts. Give that phone back to the owner
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by beejay85: 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2020
Beedude:
This Barca board na fraud.
Even as a fan, I think Messi already paid his dues for us. Let the nigga go. Infact he deserve a match to be organized as an honor.

But Bartomeu and co are just bastards. They have no football knowledge and the only thing they rely on is Messi's magic.

How long will he keep carrying us.
Let him go for a fee around 150m and rebuild the team. With good sporting policy we will be back before 2-3 yrs
true talk...i think Messi loves barca....he doesnt want to leave the club in a bad financial state.
if he leaves now, barca gets at least 200-250m pounds.....barca also saves abt $100m in wages in 1year on messi alone!!
close to $400m is good enough to get young talents all over d world and reposition the club in 3-5years time....
Bayern also passed thru similar phase at some point....they r now better for it.
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Peppysco: 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
He should leave Barcelona, Lionel Messi Remains the greatest of all Time

Greatest of all time, maybe, but going down this route to force a move will only erase his legendary status at the club.
The best thing to do is to reach a reasonable decision though dialogue with the club. Other than that, the matter go get k-leg ooo
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by emeijeh(m): 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2020
fergie001:

Emeijeh, you see say e don start.....small time now...another club go use Dem make history the world 8-2 remember. grin grin grin grin grin grin
10-0 go happen in 2022 cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by emeijeh(m): 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2020
ghettokid1:

no two ways about it...Fergie001 galacticoever emeijeh una hear am??
I no hear anything. Na average fan just post wetin dey im mind
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Goalnaldo(m): 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2020
TechDaddy:

It's really annoying Bro. Clubs are turning into something else.

I read on Marca last night that the Barcelona Board were even aware of Messi's desire to leave before June but they say since he didn't make it official, they don't give a damn.

Somehow, I think he trusted that they had a gentleman's agreement but after the 8-2 loss and losing the league to Real Madrid, they discovered they could find themselves struggling at the mid table of LaLiga next season without Messi grin

The same thing happened with Gareth Bale. Zidane told Madrid he didn't want Bale. Madrid told Bale to find a new club. Bale found a Chinese outfit willing to buy him even with his huge wage demands. At the end, Madrid said the Chinese club must pay €100 million for the deal to go through.

Bale said okay, you don't want to play me, you don't want to sell me. No problem, I'll play golf! My priority now is Wales-Golf-Madrid. And you get to still pay me €30 per year for the next two years. Let's see who is more insane since we all want to be mad!! grin

Trust me, if Messi turns up for testing, Barca will argue that by his actions he is still their player and it will be more difficult for him to leave.

They should let him go. For 13 years he has been their most important player and made them so much money than what they can ever sell him for. He doesn't deserve this.
you Sabi football. I hail you.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Adetunjicaleb: 4:11pm On Aug 30, 2020
Sorry, what do you mean by 'local champion'? Do you mean when Messi do play in champions league, didn't he play against players and teams of leagues around Europe and proved his excellence?

Or do you mean it's only LA Liga teams that plays in European Competition?

When he played in the world cup finals and had being a co-highest registered assist, was that stage for local champions?

It is well.

Aufbauh:

Pls I'm not confuse a bit, am only praying that he should leave his comfort zone and prove himself. But he should do that with straight face and not hide and seek game.

I hate non tested, local champion, die-put legend etc. It's my conviction that you need to repeat good feat at different stages and places to be proven.
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by cjudy(m): 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2020
Pimpmaride:

We.rey... U r new on nairaland...

Its a way to skip escape been ban...

U don't no anytin.. U r a new bie on nairaland.. Don't blame u, mu........ Mu
SEE PERSON WEY REGISTER YESTERDAY, I NO BLAME YOU SHA IF NOT FOR NAIRALAND, YOU GO FIT TALK TO ME? JULY 2020 SELF, ITS WELL.

Just carry your yeye body commot for my mention.

Go back to your occupation. Sex trader.
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by ofiko123(m): 4:47pm On Aug 30, 2020
The issue here is that Lionel messi wants to leave... They should allow him to leave..
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Playermayweda(m): 5:47pm On Aug 30, 2020
Awol1:
But I hate Capitalists.

After everything Messi gave to Barcelona, those ingrates are trying to play clever with the fact that the end-of-season clause in Messi contract, which would have made his exit easy, had expired after Covid19 caused an extension of the season. They now argue it expired in June.

If these players had refused playing because season had ended, would Barcelona not have tagged them as not being understanding?

Why not give Messi their Blessings and let the guy move on with his life?

Why are capitalists like this?

After paying the highest paid and the most expensive to keep footballer for over 15 years,and not winning ucl for the last 5 years,I think they have a right to profit something from his leave, Because it will really cost them,So don't look at this from only Messi's point of view,the people paying him to demand a say
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Goodnigga: 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2020
Pimpmaride:
Messi real goat..

Ronaldo the mumu ewure. Nobody knows him..

See how Messi fill every where

Shame on penaldez Failurenaldo fans...... Ur ewure is not relevant like my GOAT....

We are behind you Messi..

Move on
naso success of Ronaldo dey pain you? Wetin bring King CR7 to this matter, if not that you see him as a bigger Goat

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Aufbauh(m): 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2020
Adetunjicaleb:
Sorry, what do you mean by 'local champion'? Do you mean when Messi do play in champions league, didn't he play against players and teams of leagues around Europe and proved his excellence?

Or do you mean it's only LA Liga teams that plays in European Competition?

When he played in the world cup finals and had being a co-highest registered assist, was that stage for local champions?

It is well.

Playing in Champions League with qualified teams is different from playing with the league teams week in week out.

For example Liverpool can beat any team in the champions league during their prime but was defeated by Watford which was eventually relegated. That's the difference!
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by uthlaw: 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2020
Aufbauh:

Talking about black people as if you are not one or you're more upstairs than them.
Seems you have complexity problem.

Is it contradiction if i opined that Messi should step out of his comfort zone and prove himself by replicating his feat in another league?

My crux is that he should do that with straight face and not by dodging and playing the gods cus he may end up staying in Barça.
dodging what under contract,go pay the money,so he can leave comfort zone since is not ok for you!
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Daejoyoung: 8:49pm On Aug 30, 2020
uthlaw:
dodging what under contract,go pay the money,so he can leave comfort zone since is not ok for you!
I tire o, people don't condemn the likes of Giggs and Scholes for playing in one club their entire career but when it comes to Messi, they want him to tow the Ronaldo path.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Panti7: 9:30pm On Aug 30, 2020
Young Barcelona fans left devastated after Messi no-show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLRMopg7Bfc
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by SEGLIZ: 9:57pm On Aug 30, 2020
ghettokid1:
Nice one my G.O.A.T, I'm 110% behind you.

@ghettokid1 where have you been?
ever since after the 2 - 8 demolition you've not been active like you were auto deactivated from nairaland.
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by ghettokid1(m): 11:40pm On Aug 30, 2020
SEGLIZ:

@ghettokid1 where have you been?
ever since after the 2 - 8 demolition you've not been active like you were auto deactivated from nairaland.
I lost my phone d same week we got 2-8ed jare.....how tinx na?
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Globalsailor: 3:17am On Aug 31, 2020
Re: Lionel Messi Refuses To Return For Barcelona Tests by Nobody: 3:44am On Aug 31, 2020
cyrilamx:
The difference is the "international bottler" is quitting on d back of a humiliating defeat, while the real G. O. A T left after leading Madrid to triple UCL glory.

he 8-2 much from bayern now wanted to leave wen times are hard.see life, they should hold him well...rubish goat. barca fans 8-2 hear this...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award / Nigeria Vs Angola: CHAN 2018 Quarter Finals - 2 - 1 (Full Time) / Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.