Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Banned From UK, Can I Still Get A Schengen Visa ? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Banned From UK, Can I Still Get A Schengen Visa ? (4115 Views)

Carers In The UK: Can You Please Share Your Honest Experience / How Do I Book A Schengen Visa Appointment With The German Embassy, Lagos? / How To Package A Schengen Visa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banned From UK, Can I Still Get A Schengen Visa ? by Skymoore1004: 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2020
Loooooool grin
omidan21:
Someone very close to me got UK banned last year . It was a really pathetic Story. It was applying for study visa in the UK and bank statement got her in trouble By her Husband . I don’t want to go into details she was also living in the UK Legally with her husband for two years before the ban happened .

She recently got a study visa to a schenghen country. This time she dotted her Is and crossed her Ts and didn’t involve any fraudulent husband in the decision making and God did it for her .

1 Like

Re: Banned From UK, Can I Still Get A Schengen Visa ? by Alakryy: 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2020

1 Like

Re: Banned From UK, Can I Still Get A Schengen Visa ? by Alakryy: 6:55pm On Aug 30, 2020
GboyegaD:
Be sincere in your application and leave the rest to the visa officer to decide. Do not hide any record/information no matter how minute.

Thank you!
Re: Banned From UK, Can I Still Get A Schengen Visa ? by Kekeiyke(m): 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2020
Alakryy:
Hello everyone,

Quick story...I’ve been to the UK twice and on the second trip I overstayed and I was removed with a group through chartered flight from the UK by the Home Office(immigration). I didn’t commit any crime but yes I overstayed. I even applied for asylum to try and stay in the UK when they detained me in the detention center but it was rejected.
I was removed to Nigeria with a travel document they got from Nigerian embassy.

Thank God they couldn’t use my International passport to remove me cause I hid it in the UK. And I later found out when we arrived the airport in Nigeria that they used a stamp to cancel all the people’ International passport that was on the flight with me.

I later got my passport from the UK sent to me in Nigeria by a friend. The passport had UK stamps on it but shortly after that it expired.
So I had to renew it and I got a new passport.
My questions are

1) Can I still get a Schengen visa even though I’ve been banned 10years by UK?(I’ve used 4years on it already)

2) Can I submit my old passport with the new passport to show my UK travel history when applying for Schengen visa to help my chances ?

3) My old passport has 2 UK visa stamps. But the second visa doesn’t have an airport stamp that shows I arrived back to Nigeria because I didn’t use it to travel back to Nigeria as I was removed by the immigration. Will that be a problem if I add it with my new passport when applying for Schengen visa ?

4) Or should I just submit only the new passport so as not to complicate things for myself?

Please I need someone to advice me on what to do. I’m very sure someone here has been in my shoes before...so please help a sister on how you did yours.

So long as they took your finger print, anytime you apply for visa in any schengen member country, your record will be available to them. Normally the finger print stays on their database for five years. A friend applied for a Norwegian visa, he was rejected, he applied for Slovak visa. During the interview, he was asked whether he has applied for visa schengen visa before, he said no. Unfortunately for him, when they took his finger print, his records came up and he was handed a ten year ban from entering EU. I would advise to avoid EU member countries because they still have your record.

Re: Banned From UK, Can I Still Get A Schengen Visa ? by TWoods(m): 7:57pm On Aug 30, 2020
Alakryy:
Most people just wanna judge here like they’re perfect and haven’t done things they regret.

Please I don’t need any one to tell me BS about what happened to me.

If you can’t offer solutions or reasonable things don’t bother to comment, just read and continue living your perfect life. Thanks

Stop with the victimhood. YOU were aware it was an offence, yet YOU made the DELIBERATE choice to commit an immigration offense. YOU did it on purpose, thinking you were smarter than the immigration officials.

While you're here playing the victim, you still remain selfishly focused on YOURSELF. YOUR actions have made things that much more difficult for other genuine travelers. Thanks to folks like you, it will get harder for others to apply for the same class of visa that you dishonestly abused. You've unwittingly helped others to learn how to skirt consequences for their own immigration crimes. You've made it apparent that if you get deported, make sure you hide your passport and lie that it was lost - have someone mail it back to you and then try your luck elsewhere. Immigration officials read these threads, it is why the rest of us who genuinely lose our passports now have to get detailed police reports and jump unnecessary hoops just to be believed.

3 Likes

Re: Banned From UK, Can I Still Get A Schengen Visa ? by Skymoore1004: 9:39pm On Aug 30, 2020
Do you mind if I why you overstayed?
No hard feelings just curious and like to learn
Alakryy:

Thank you!

Wow I’m so happy for her. God is so merciful.

Being deported or removed from any country is very bad. The feelings that comes with it is really depressing. I would never wish it on my worst enemy...

I’ve battled depression for the past years but I thank God for life. People don’t understand how it feels until they experience something like that.

Yes I made a lot of mistakes that resulted to it and I’ve learnt my lessons, but giving up is the last option when you’re down.

My advice to people that are in foreign countries or intending travelers is DONT EVER OVERSTAY YOUR VISA. It’s really a bad decision to make.
Re: Banned From UK, Can I Still Get A Schengen Visa ? by claremont(m): 10:26pm On Aug 30, 2020
Alakryy:

Thank you!

Wow I’m so happy for her. God is so merciful.

Being deported or removed from any country is very bad. The feelings that comes with it is really depressing. I would never wish it on my worst enemy...

I’ve battled depression for the past years but I thank God for life. People don’t understand how it feels until they experience something like that.

Yes I made a lot of mistakes that resulted to it and I’ve learnt my lessons, but giving up is the last option when you’re down.

My advice to people that are in foreign countries or intending travelers is DONT EVER OVERSTAY YOUR VISA. It’s really a bad decision to make.

Unfortunately, most of the people who do this do it as a last resort because they have no options. I think the vast majority of people in the UK currently overstaying their visa didn't plan on doing so, they overstayed because all their plans to regularize their status failed. I would expect overstayers to work like a donkey and send all the money back home so that when the day inevitably comes when they are caught and sent back home, they have a tidy sum to fall back on.
Re: Banned From UK, Can I Still Get A Schengen Visa ? by MoDuPe19201: 11:44pm On Aug 30, 2020
TWoods:

Stop with the victimhood. YOU were aware it was an offence, yet YOU made the DELIBERATE choice to commit an immigration offense. YOU did it on purpose, thinking you were smarter than the immigration officials.

While you're here playing the victim, you still remain selfishly focused on YOURSELF. YOUR actions have made things that much more difficult for other genuine travelers. Thanks to folks like you, it will get harder for others to apply for the same class of visa that you dishonestly abused. You've unwittingly helped others to learn how to skirt consequences for their own immigration crimes. You've made it apparent that if you get deported, make sure you hide your passport and lie that it was lost - have someone mail it back to you and then try your luck elsewhere. Immigration officials read these threads, it is why the rest of us who genuinely lose our passports now have to get detailed police reports and jump unnecessary hoops just to be believed.

I don’t understand you. Do you want her to kill herself because she overstayed a visa before you know she’s not acting like a victim ?

Listen...there’s nobody here that has not made a mistake or done something that they regret. Let’s all learn how to be kind to people..you don’t know what happened that led to it and what she’s been going through for the past 4years, I’m sure she regretted everything that happened.

She’s not the reason if they refused you a visa trust me. Whatever is yours is yours forget what someone did in the past.

Stop acting all saint here , and the funny thing is you’re probably wallowing in a guilt of what you’ve done in the past too.

This life is very simple...let’s be considerate and put ourselves in people’s shoes before we talk them down. Peace

4 Likes

Re: Banned From UK, Can I Still Get A Schengen Visa ? by MoDuPe19201: 11:49pm On Aug 30, 2020
claremont:

Unfortunately, most of the people who do this do it as a last resort because they have no options. I think the vast majority of people in the UK currently overstaying their visa didn't plan on doing so, they overstayed because all their plans to regularize their status failed. I would expect overstayers to work like a donkey and send all the money back home so that when the day inevitably comes when they are caught and sent back home, they have a tidy sum to fall back on.

You’re very right , I’ve been to the UK too and I met a lot of people in that situations. I asked someone why he overstayed...he said “what would I be doing if I go back to Nigeria, I sold so many things before I got to UK..I can’t go back to Naija o”

Of course i would never advice anyone to overstay their visa but I can never judge anyone for overstaying too.

2 Likes

Re: Banned From UK, Can I Still Get A Schengen Visa ? by Omoteecrystal: 12:50am On Nov 23, 2022
Hello all
Good evening. I'd like to know my chances of getting an Australian study visa after being banned in the UK due to fraudulent Bank statements.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Relocating To Canada, How? / Breaking News: UAE Bans Nigerians, No Visit Not Employment / 5 Months In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.