Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:44 PM

Atheism: Reasons And Remedy. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism: Reasons And Remedy. (212 Views)

Spiritual Reasons And Solutions For Delay in Marriage Among Christian Singles / Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? / Atheism By Definition Is Problematic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism: Reasons And Remedy. by Authority1o1(m): 8:55am On Aug 30, 2020
I am currently working on a book with atheism as the subject. But, as things are, I have decided to share some of the content giving that there is an obscene escalation of atheism in Nigeria and the world. Why should I hoard the knowledge when there is a need for it?

Atheism, according to the Oxford English dictionary, is the belief that there are no deities. Meaning no God(s),no demons.It is the belief that the world is as it is seen, and no other form of supernaturalism or metaphysism. The belief that there are no power forces:Just the world, Just us humans.

Though there are different types of atheism (explicit, implicit and so on)the belief that there is no Almighty God but only the traditional deities (amadioha, sango and others alike)is NOT atheism.

From a personal survey, I have been able to detect some of the reasons of atheism.Take a look:

1.The absence of God when he was needed:

Many atheists were staunch Christians.From ancient time reading to the modern times.But some of them became atheists because they felt that if there were a God,the one whom I have been serving committedly,the one whom I have sweat for, then why couldn't he show up?

Some had sick family members, ailing businesses and turbulence,and had prayed for God to answer them and come to their aid but nothing happened.They give up,taking up the cliche that there is no God.

2.The belief that people without any faith are doing well:

This is common.I have come across people saying "go China na,you go see say them dey do well and they no even Sabi God".
That your region or country is not developing is not because of Christianity (or religion).It could be because that you government is bad,or that corruption has taken the highest echelon,but never because of Christianity(or religion.)

3.Aristocrats and the opulent has no religion:

The belief that religion is for the poor is fast growing.The notion that it is used to stigmatize and manipulate them is rampant.But beloved,it is not so.God is God and is greater than anyone thinks.Your class is not significant to him in any way.Know that that midset May lead you to hell.

4.The realness of Philosophy:

Humans are beings of reason and evidence.What they can't see they can't believe.But will you believe only when you see?
One who believes what they only see is short-sighted.Aren't you concerned with things which are eternal?.

5. Reprobacy:

There are people who have become reprobate, meaning that there heart has been condemned already,though they move about.The devil has succeeded in giving them most logical of reasons that there is no God.Even God has lost interest in them.
pharaoh,the captor of the Israelites was so reprobate that even after every sign that he saw and was given refused to set the captives free.When he did,he followed after them to recapture them again. That is an example of reprobacy.

Brotherly,are you a reprobate? Have you decided to shut your heart to God your creator?. Though you may be or seem a reprobate ,God can heal your soul. Give your life to Jesus,the Christ and enjoy a life of joy and peace.The next minute may be too late.
Re: Atheism: Reasons And Remedy. by hopefulLandlord: 8:59am On Aug 30, 2020
I dey laugh o!
Re: Atheism: Reasons And Remedy. by CharlesJok3r: 9:18am On Aug 30, 2020
You people will never stop writing nonsense in this place.

1 Like

Re: Atheism: Reasons And Remedy. by CAPSLOCKED: 9:57am On Aug 30, 2020
CharlesJok3r:
You people will never stop writing nonsense in this place.

IF NOT FOR THE BAD STATE OF OUR COUNTRY'S HEALTH SYSTEM MOST OF THESE PEOPLE WOULD HAVE BEEN SUBJECTS OF PSYCHIATRIC EVALUATION.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

You Are A Bastard, I Will Kill You ” –pastor Lbiyeomie Blast Daddy Freeze / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/10/2020 / Video: See What Christian End SARS Protesters Went Though During Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.