Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

CAMA LAW: For Those Comparing The UK Govt With Nigerian Govt- Pst Woruka Jnr- - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAMA LAW: For Those Comparing The UK Govt With Nigerian Govt- Pst Woruka Jnr- (263 Views)

UK Govt Shuts Down Tobi Adegboyega’s SPAC Nation Over £1.9 Million Fraud / CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances / COVID-19: Oyakhilome Foundation Supports Lagos Govt With Food Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAMA LAW: For Those Comparing The UK Govt With Nigerian Govt- Pst Woruka Jnr- by farem: 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2020
CAMA LAW:
FOR THOSE COMPARING THE UK GOVERNMENT WITH NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT
-Pastor Dennis Woruka Jnr

To those of you who think the Government regulates Churches in the UK and as such, the CAMA Bill in Nigeria should stand.

I am a Pastor in the UK. This means I can speak on this issue.

As a Church in the UK, you are seen as a charity. The UK government gives grants to the Church. For example, the government can give you £50k (N30 million Naira) at the end of the year based on how much your Church performed that year.

Because of this, the Government checks your finances to ensure the grants given to you are merited. This is how the UK Government regulates churches.

The CAMA Bill does not make any sense in Nigeria, because the Nigerian Government, to the best of my knowledge, does not give any form of grants to any Church in Nigeria. How do you want to regulate the finances of the Church , to the extent of changing her board, when the Church does not benefit from you, financially.

Therefore, stop comparing the UK Government with Nigeria in relation to this CAMA Bill.

I am not against the government tracking down fraud or any form of money laundering

Please note:

My Church (Fountain of Souls Ministries Int'l UK) has never collected any form of grant from the UK Government and we do not intend to do so.

Re: CAMA LAW: For Those Comparing The UK Govt With Nigerian Govt- Pst Woruka Jnr- by seyi360(m): 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2020
We knew there was something sinister about the law. This government has an agenda on it's table. An Antichrist agenda to silence the voice of reason from the pulpit. However, their failure and somersault is imminent . Ten thousand anti Christ laws cannot prevail against the church of God in Nigeria. Can someone say Amen.

2 Likes

Re: CAMA LAW: For Those Comparing The UK Govt With Nigerian Govt- Pst Woruka Jnr- by Ehiscotch(m): 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2020
I am not into all these ad infinitum discussions or back and forth criticisms but the government gives you grants based on how you perform? I really don't understand that part.

Besides, the "Church" is not really a "charity organization and should not even be collecting grants from governments for preaching the word; it should be left for the orphanage homes and NGOs.

But since the Church has been put under such term they should not expect special treatment and would have to accept all the conditions with it.

What I am saying is if we characterize Religious bodies into charities and give grants, make laws and stipulate conditions then the religious bodies cannot be exempted from checks and balance.

Which is why the Vice President has asked for disgruntled parties to seek dialogue and proffer a better legislation.
Re: CAMA LAW: For Those Comparing The UK Govt With Nigerian Govt- Pst Woruka Jnr- by IfGodbeforus(m): 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2020
The Nigerian Government should With their Motives of any Sort should Hands off the Church..

Even if it is done in the U.K.! Nigeria is not U.K.. we have our Peculiarities.

The Government has not Handled Challenges in the Nation and it wants get into Church Matters.

It's a Demonic Endtime Move.
The Church should Rise! It will not Stand!
Re: CAMA LAW: For Those Comparing The UK Govt With Nigerian Govt- Pst Woruka Jnr- by farem: 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2020
seyi360:
We knew there was something sinister about the law. This government has an agenda on it's table. An Antichrist agenda to silence the voice of reason from the pulpit. However, their failure and somersault is imminent hastily and assured . Ten thousand anti Christ laws cannot prevail against the church of God in Nigeria. Can someone say Amen.
Re: CAMA LAW: For Those Comparing The UK Govt With Nigerian Govt- Pst Woruka Jnr- by Ehiscotch(m): 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2020
There is no government that has handled all its challenges, so make no excuse for it.

The government does not have to first destroy Boko Haram or fight corruption or improve healthcare or power or everything first.

That's why we have two Chambers in our NASS and so many Legislators and different arms of governments and different ministries and parastatals: to treat different issues concurrently and simultaneously.
Yes, there are issues of priority but that's no reason for saying the government should "finish this one first"

I'd like us Christians to properly look at this with all Wisdom and Discernment. The body of Christ has suffered so much in this period but you have to be wise as to what to wrestle against.
Re: CAMA LAW: For Those Comparing The UK Govt With Nigerian Govt- Pst Woruka Jnr- by farem: 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2020
Ehiscotch:
I am not into all these ad infinitum discussions or back and forth criticisms but the government gives you grants based on how you perform? I really don't understand that part.

Besides, the "Church" is not really a "charity organization and should not even be collecting grants from governments for preaching the word; it should be left for the orphanage homes and NGOs.

But since the Church has been put under such term they should not expect special treatment and would have to accept all the conditions with it.

What I am saying is if we characterize Religious bodies into charities and give grants, make laws and stipulate conditions then the religious bodies cannot be exempted from checks and balance.

Which is why the Vice President has asked for disgruntled [b]aggrieved, dissatisfied [/b]parties to seek dialogue and proffer a better legislation.

Abuse of word. There was nothing suggesting this in PYO's advice.
Re: CAMA LAW: For Those Comparing The UK Govt With Nigerian Govt- Pst Woruka Jnr- by Romanoff(f): 3:28pm On Aug 30, 2020
As he said, if his church has never collected grants form the UK government and will never collect grant from them, doesn't the UK government still regulate the affairs of the church?

Matthew Ashimolowo of KICC was removed as a trustee following a fraud allegation in his UK church.

If these churches are okay with the laws of other countries regulating their activities, why are against the Nigerian government doing so?
Re: CAMA LAW: For Those Comparing The UK Govt With Nigerian Govt- Pst Woruka Jnr- by Ehiscotch(m): 3:35pm On Aug 30, 2020
farem:

Abuse of word. There was nothing suggesting the PYO's advice.

disgruntled

verb

(obsolete) Simple past tense and past participle of disgruntle

adjective

Unhappy; dissatisfied

frustrated.

Have you been following the responses and reactions to the CAMA bill?

LMAO. I think "disgruntled" is very subtle in this context.

And I had to bring in "the PYO's advice" to buttress my point.
Re: CAMA LAW: For Those Comparing The UK Govt With Nigerian Govt- Pst Woruka Jnr- by farem: 3:40pm On Aug 30, 2020
Ehiscotch:

disgruntled

verb

(obsolete) Simple past tense and past participle of disgruntle

adjective

Unhappy; dissatisfied

frustrated.

Have you been following the responses and reactions to the CAMA bill?

LMAO. I think "disgruntled" is very subtle in this context.

And I had to bring in "the PYO's advice" to buttress my point.

You didn't bring pyo's advice. You inferred the word from the 'advice'.
BTW, the world has gone beyond the synonymous use of words.
Certain words are not politically correct and this is one of them in THIS instance. Anyway, it's no big deal.
Re: CAMA LAW: For Those Comparing The UK Govt With Nigerian Govt- Pst Woruka Jnr- by Ehiscotch(m): 3:43pm On Aug 30, 2020
farem:

You didn't bring pyo's advice. You inferred the word from the 'advice'.
BTW, the world has gone beyond the synonymous use of words.
Certain words are not politically correct and this is one of them in THIS instance. Anyway, it's no big deal.

Oh, I get your point. It helps that you put it in nicely.
Re: CAMA LAW: For Those Comparing The UK Govt With Nigerian Govt- Pst Woruka Jnr- by TheSERAPH: 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2020
okay

(1) (Reply)

To Act In Faith Forget Man And Focus On God~ Pst. David Ibeyomie (video) / 20 Romantic Photos Of Pastor Sam Adeyemi And His Beautiful Wife / Does God Have Blood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.