Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

The Battle Of The Titans: The Ogiso aborigines Vs Oba Of Benin - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Battle Of The Titans: The Ogiso aborigines Vs Oba Of Benin (2570 Views)

Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo / The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Battle Of The Titans: The Ogiso aborigines Vs Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 03, 2020
lx3as:

Hope you can enlighten us more about Ekiokpagha Treaty?

It's clear to the reasonable world that Ekaladerhan's moon light tale is to solidify and give credence to Oba of Bini as been indigenous to Igodomomigodo and relegate the treaty. Also for Igodomomigodo people's acceptance and cooperation. Oba Erediauwa was the author of all this. His son may uphold the treaty and the connection between Benin and Ifẹ.

Once more, I take nothing out of Ogiamien's case and they should also know that they can never relegate Oba of Bini status. Had Oba Erediauwa known this, he wouldn't have gone into promoting Ekaladerhan's story.
I also have no submission to make on this; several facts had been submitted on this forum...You can simply join against Ogiamien family in the case.
They will tell you Ekiokpagha is a myth grin but Ekaladeran story is a fact.

4 Likes

Re: The Battle Of The Titans: The Ogiso aborigines Vs Oba Of Benin by AreaFada2: 5:45pm On Sep 03, 2020
lx3as:

Hope you can enlighten us more about Ekiokpagha Treaty?

It's clear to the reasonable world that Ekaladerhan's moon light tale is to solidify and give credence to Oba of Bini as been indigenous to Igodomomigodo and relegate the treaty. Also for Igodomomigodo people's acceptance and cooperation. Oba Erediauwa was the author of all this. His son may uphold the treaty and the connection between Benin and Ifẹ.

Once more, I take nothing out of Ogiamien's case and they should also know that they can never relegate Oba of Bini status. Had Oba Erediauwa known this, he wouldn't have gone into promoting Ekaladerhan's story.
I also have no further submission to make on this; several facts had been submitted on this forum...You can simply join in, against Ogiamien family in the case.
There was no treaty. That is Ogiamie Trumpet nonsense.

You can almost call it Ekiokpagha peace. It was after Ogiamie was defeated and he submitted. You make a treaty with someone or an entity considered independent and maybe equal.

Oba Ewedo, because of the heroics of Evian (ancestor of Ogiamie), generously granted him a chieftaincy title with his nickname Ogiamie.

He later became an Uzama n'Ibie (junior Uzama or junior kingmakers/crowners) member along with chief Ineh and others.

Junior kingmakers creation was a deft political move by Oba Ewuare l (if I am not mistaken). It meant the senior Uzama chiefs cannot hold any crown prince to ransom before coronation. He could defer to the junior Uzama to crown him.

Ogiamie also makes the physical Royal stool for the Oba. In remembrance of the fact that Oba Ewedo took the stool that Ogiamie sat on to administer Benin during the interregnum from him when he submitted. Along with some role in coronation and ritual matters. But none is so important that the Palace cannot do without.

After 1897, the colonial authorities did not even consider Ogiamien as important to give him any role in the administration. Whereas chiefs Ero, Aiyobahan, Obakhavbaye and other high ranking chiefs ruled the kingdom.

2 Likes

Re: The Battle Of The Titans: The Ogiso aborigines Vs Oba Of Benin by gregyboy(m): 8:35pm On Sep 03, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

Now 95% of Oba ado area of Ife has a lot of modern building now errected on it...is only the shrine part reserved for traditional worship. Beside heads and remain of Oba of Ado has been excavated in the past around the area.

To were.... Lol, excavated you dont mean it for what purpose lol,

An historica site excavated

You, yorubas are fooling yourself my benin brothers were against me before on this benin-ife no connections but the moment you yorubas started flopping to my question they began to believe me,
The more you guys flop the better for me

1 Like

Re: The Battle Of The Titans: The Ogiso aborigines Vs Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
gregyboy:

To were.... Lol, excavated you dont mean it for what purpose lol,

An historica site excavated

You, yorubas are fooling yourself my benin brothers were against me before on this benin-ife no connections but the moment you yorubas started flopping to my question they began to believe me,
The more you guys flop the better for me
Historical site sold and buildings errected on it. YES.
The area used to be big as Ugbowo area of Benin before..sold out by greedy and selfish traditional rulers.
I'm not saying this for you to believe me though.

Many houses now on the majority of the site
Re: The Battle Of The Titans: The Ogiso aborigines Vs Oba Of Benin by gregyboy(m): 12:00am On Sep 04, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

Historical site sold and buildings errected on it. YES.
The area used to be big as Ugbowo area of Benin before..sold out by greedy and selfish traditional rulers.
I'm not saying this for you to believe me though.

Many houses now on the majority of the site

Lol grin

1 Like

Re: The Battle Of The Titans: The Ogiso aborigines Vs Oba Of Benin by BanyXchi: 12:37pm On Oct 29, 2022
AreaFada2:

Oh boy you can lie. You are not from Owo. Maybe an immigrant to Owo. Tell me your lineage in Owo: Iloro, Ojomo Oluda, Ologho (Ogunoye, Ajike, Olateru-Olagbegi) or which quarter?

Everyone claims Ewuare I died fighting them: Anioma, Esan and poorly informed Owo people. Benin and Owo made peace long ago. Despite Benin winning, Owo remained very independent. Benin immigrants moved in large numbers peacefully to Owo area. By the reign of Oba Ozolua (from about 1483) Such as Upele/Ipele near Owo. The warrior that died fighting in Owo was Iken, leader at Uselu (a village near Benin in those days).

No Oma Ologho will spew nonsense and lie so effortlessly like you.

You know everybody in Yorubaland is claiming descent from Oduduwa since it became politically trendy to do so. A big lie. Oduduwa supposedly lived 800 years ago. Yorubaland is way older. Benin/Igodo was already well-established by 40BC. I don't expect Yoruba race to be much younger than that. I doubt even if Ojugbelu Arere came from Ife.

Oduduwa story has many versions. Ekaladerhan from Igodo, from Yemen, Egypt, Saudi, Nubia, Israel, etc. All cannot be correct. These are probably mythical stories that sprang up at various times. Eventually coalescing. They were probaly about different people previously.

Even Olugbo of Ugbo casts serious doubt on the Yoruba version.
hmm
Re: The Battle Of The Titans: The Ogiso aborigines Vs Oba Of Benin by ImperialYoruba: 7:17am On Oct 30, 2022
Im subscribing to this thread, will do a thorough read later.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Mix English With Yoruba? / East Dr Congo / Quesion And Answer In Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.