Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

FG Agency Warns Nigerians To Stop Consuming Bushmeat - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / FG Agency Warns Nigerians To Stop Consuming Bushmeat (253 Views)

Lagos Consumer Agency Warns Residents Against ‘poisonous’ Plantain Chips / The Bushmeat My Dad Caught At My Village / Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Agency Warns Nigerians To Stop Consuming Bushmeat by Penaldo: 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2020
The National Park Service and National Environmental Standards and Regulatory Enforcement Agency (NESREA) have warned against the consumption of bushmeat.

The Conservator of Park (CP), Dr Abdulrahman Mohammed, disclosed this on the sidelines of a sensitisation campaign to Gosa Market, Airport Road, in Abuja.

The two agencies had embarked on joint sensitisation campaign against bushmeat consumption to some markets in the FCT

Mohammed said the purpose of the campaign was to educate people on zoonotic disease, especially the vendors of bushmeat on the dangers it posed to the heath of humans.

He said zoonoses is a disease that could be transmitted from animal to humans and vice versa.

Mohammed said there were many zoonotic diseases that originate from wildlife, that is the bushmeat people consume, such as tuberculosis, Ebola and currently Corona Virus had been traced to wildlife.

“The main objective of our outing is to sensitise the public to the significance of zoonoses.

“It is a disease that can be transmitted from man to animal or animal to human and to some extent they have been traced to bushmeat.

“We are here to educate the public, those that are into it, the vendors of bushmeat to avoid it.

“We said we should come to those joints and spots to educate them because the hunters just kill these animals and the lifeless bodies are brought in for them, and they bought.

“Before they process for selling, the vendors are the first contact and the disease is spread through contact and the disease keeps spreading from humans to even domestic animals. So that is why we are here.”

He said the campaign would be continuous and the first target was Kuje and Abuja Municipal Area Councils.

Mohammed, however, said funding was needed to continue to support the exercise.

He advised the general public to avoid buying bushmeat as the best option to avoid the disease.

“As I said they should avoid buying the bushmeat, like I said to the vendors.

“The best option is to avoid it, that is my best advice to the public.

A Bushmeat seller, Madame Christiana , who spoke with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) thanked the organisers of the programme and promised to abide by the rules.

“What I will do is to abide by the rules . If I want to buy the bushmeat I will know how to buy it as they have enlightened us.

“I will tell my customers to obey the social distancing when they come to buy.”

Mr Josiah Goni, Chairman of the market, thanked the the National park and NESREA, adding that he was impressed with the programme.

Goni noted that many of the traders did not believe there is coronavirus, saying “but I am sure they have learnt today that it is real.”

He said he would further sensitise other traders that the virus is real and they should comply with the safety guidelines.

https://www.inform.ng/post/fg-agency-warns-nigeria-to-stop-consuming-bushmeat
Re: FG Agency Warns Nigerians To Stop Consuming Bushmeat by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 30, 2020
Foolish FG and it's stew-pid Agency

Ordinary palliative that their mates in other countries are doing, they can't do; and they re telling us what not to eat.
Re: FG Agency Warns Nigerians To Stop Consuming Bushmeat by DrAbayomi(m): 5:01pm On Aug 30, 2020
Re: FG Agency Warns Nigerians To Stop Consuming Bushmeat by micfoley: 5:03pm On Aug 30, 2020
Tell nairalanders o. Wey dat guy wey slaughter 2monkeys recently?
Re: FG Agency Warns Nigerians To Stop Consuming Bushmeat by flyingpig: 5:06pm On Aug 30, 2020
Lalasticlala I hope you know that any topic you promote on front page that celebrates the killing and consumption of bush meats including snakes, monkeys, grass cutters, civets, that nairaland will be disobeying FG directives.

You should use your platform to obey FG rules and not promote their floutings.

Cc; mynd44
Re: FG Agency Warns Nigerians To Stop Consuming Bushmeat by Abraham22(m): 5:08pm On Aug 30, 2020
It cant stop no matter what
Re: FG Agency Warns Nigerians To Stop Consuming Bushmeat by Vulcanheph(m): 5:11pm On Aug 30, 2020
Lalasticlala .... this message is for you, please tell your people to stop killing animals especially Snakes.

MEANWHILE

please someone should give me a bottle of origin , so i can use it to wash down this Rabbit pepper soup.
Re: FG Agency Warns Nigerians To Stop Consuming Bushmeat by longetivity(m): 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2020
Bush meat wey Nigerians done dey eat even before dem born Buhari
Re: FG Agency Warns Nigerians To Stop Consuming Bushmeat by Kestine0: 6:07pm On Aug 30, 2020
We won't take it... Lala must hear this..
Re: FG Agency Warns Nigerians To Stop Consuming Bushmeat by Vyzz: 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
Exactly...

All this animals that are being killed in Nigeria go dey think say we dey war them...

Very soon the animals will relocate to Ghana or Canada.

But in our defence... Wetin man go chop ni...

The should provide

(1) (Reply)

Good Food Comes First! / 5 Easy Appetizer For Thanksgiving / Get Your New Imported Foreign Gold Rice Available For Sale Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.