Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,501 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

A Heartfelt Letter About What It Really Really Means To Live Your Vision.. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Heartfelt Letter About What It Really Really Means To Live Your Vision.. (150 Views)

Your Vision Board / Female Edo Mechanic: "Any quick means of making money is not on my mind" / Is It Really About Working Hard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Heartfelt Letter About What It Really Really Means To Live Your Vision.. by Covetedjerrycan(m): 6:47pm On Aug 30, 2020
A Heartfelt Letter About What it Really Really Means to Live Your Vision..

Becoming an Effective Broadcaster, Entrepreneurs/Mediapreneur wasn’t something that I stepped lightly into and decided one day. It’s been a long process.

Anyone who has followed my journey has watched me evolve and incorporate more and more of what is meaningful to me into everything I do.

For those of you that don’t know me, it’s my life mission to support, mentor, and motivate young artist and other entrepreneurs change the face of music history in Africa and beyond through innovation and leadership.

It’s been an incredible process to align with what truly inspires me and to know that it’s the work I can also do in this world.

I’ve also realized that what means the most to me is sharing the knowledge and experience I’ve gained with others- who have big dreams, so they can also go after the lives they truly want and create a lasting impact. I didn’t always know that this was what I wanted, though.

In fact, for a long time, I thought success was just about hustling for cars, houses, more celebrity friends. These things are great, but there’s so much more.

It all started May 30th, 2013.

That was the day that i founded and I announced my recording studio... Synergy Records. It was a pretty big deal, and slated to be one of the most exciting days of my life. It felt a little bittersweet still, as I look back on years of bootstrapping and building something from the ground up.

I found so much value in working my ass off on something I truly believed in, and I had to shut it down. It was the right decision, but there was still a sense of leaving behind a part of myself, and to top it off, I had no idea what was next.

I knew there was something more for me. I couldn’t put my finger on it, and I’d been so absorbed in elevating Synergy Records as a platform and as my passion, that I hadn’t even had the opportunity to ask myself the question — what do I really really want to do?

As God and The Universe would have it — I found the answer. It took leaving behind one chapter and stepping into the unknown to have the illumination it required to really see what my gifts & talents were, how I wanted to offer them, and what that might look like.

As many of you know, I worked with Rivers State Television #Rstv and currently work as the host of the Drivetime Show #TheBigbeats on Familylove 97.7fm starting first as an intern and evolving as the host of the show...All THANKS to My Mentor/Big Brother Mr SEGUN FAWOLE aka FLOOD, for taking me under his wings and showing me everything I know today about Radio without holding anything back...I’ll talk more about Segun in a later piece because this post will never be enough to talk about how Wonderful and Generous he is to me to this day, just want you to know that he has the Biggest heart in this world and will forever remain my Big Brother in the industry. Not once did he doubt my abilities, I call him the Leader of the Pride..Mofasa.

I also want to thank my Head of Station Pastor Smart Uzoechi Smart Uzoechi for giving me the opportunity, the first day I walked into the station without even knowing who I am. He gave me a shot in this industry and has always looked out for me and defended me. Thank you so much Sir, I see what you do for me. I am forever Grateful.

A Big Shoutout to my General Manager National Mrs Pat Idowu Pat Idowu... a mother with a kind heart. I remember when I came in as an IT student, she was kind enough to allow me make mistakes, learn and thrive. I am really really touched by her heart of kindness.
I can’t talk about my radio journey without mentioning Savior Ekanem Saviour Ekanem. I have been privileged to meet and work with different people in life, but no one comes close to Savior.. Mr Savior is just too Gooooooooooood...inside out. Very humble, loving, kind etc... list is endless. Truth is, everything good you can think of in a person is sum up in Savior and working with him was truly inspiring...coz I know his story.

A Big Shoutout to everyone who has impacted my life and my journey in this industry, friends, colleagues (present and former), & well wishers, it was & is truly Amazing working with you and watching you write your Story... Shoutouts to, Dj Dean..aka Big Daddy, ladies choice, ladies tonic Eugene Okoiye.. working with you everyday on the show is truly Amazing and Inspiring..,Judith Afoke Judith Iyeh-Afoke(The Ever Glowing Mama), Victoria Okorodudu Victoria Oyanna Okorodudu for believing in me and encouraging me to go for my FRCN Training in Lagos, Mrs Justina, Karen Komonibo Bamson Karen Bamson, Constance iruole Mega aka Airlady Constance Iroele, king IfeyKing Ifey Muonyili, Okoro Pee Uma Okoro Pee, Ty, Charis, Reuben and Everyone that’s making it happen in Familylove Fm... my friend Peter, King Cyrus KingCyrus Kammelu and Mr Andy... you are truly a father.

I believe in my vision and calling and I am currently making it happen — on a scale beyond my wildest dreams.

I’ve always been a champion of others, and have the innate ability to see what others need to grow, believe in themselves, and hit the ground running.

The truth is, in one way or another, I’ve always been a mentor, entrepreneur and an effective communicator. It’s my true calling in life. It’s the way I want to impact others and mark this world for generations to come.

The famous passage from the speech Citizenship in a Republic, also known as The Man In The Arena, given by Theodore Roosevelt is about standing strong when tested....it goes like this

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."~ President Theodore Roosevelt.

TR’s life shows us that hard work, tenacity, and a desire to do the right thing can get you far in life.
Making the leap wasn’t easy. Choosing to be seen in the arena is no easy feat. Is it petrifying to show up and be seen? Yes, absolutely.

A“The Man in the Arena” tells us that the man we should praise is the man who’s out there fighting the big battles, even if those battles end in defeat. In our day, when cynicism and aloof detachment are considered hip and cool, TR reminds us that glory and honor come to those “who spend themselves in a worthy cause.”If you’re going to fail, then at least dare greatly, and remember, it’s not the critic who counts.

You grow, by putting yourself out there. If you’ve ever been in a situation that requires great courage, skill or tenacity, then, you know what it’s like to be “the man in the arena.”

At first, it took everything I had to not be terrified, have fear of failure, and over-analyze how the hell I was going to pull this off — exactly the things I work with others to avoid, but like all great leaders, you have to live the process before you can teach it.

Anytime you step into a bigger container for yourself, you receive the lessons you need to prepare to show up fully, with your game face on, and with your intentions right.

It’s challenging for a reason — greatness doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a process. And that process becomes the plan for your success.

In honor of what is most important to me — being real, being authentic, and sharing my essence & experiences — I’m documenting this journey to show what it really means to become an effective broadcaster, mediapreneur, mentor and a coach to build something, to watch it grow, and all of the motivation that’s required along the way.

There aren’t too many people that are willing to show all sides of the experience — it’s an incredible journey with ups and downs, challenges and outrageous gains. It’s more than business; it’s family, friends, mentors, and a personal life, too.

When you begin to live your dream, it infuses everything.

So, I am currently documenting my experiences, interviewing some of the most powerful leaders -(in business, sports and politics), mentors, founders, producers, authors, musicians, actors and actresses & packaging some behind the scene gigs, and sharing the most valuable of my learning experiences and inspiration in a new show that will be coming out soon.

I couldn’t be more excited about this, or more grateful to share powerful information and tools for you to really begin to build or grow your dream.

The show will be slammed full of insane interviews, priceless information, and valuable perspective.
The intention behind this show is for you to know that anything you want to do, be, or create is possible.

That’s the truth. I know this because I’ve lived it, and now it is my greatest desire to show you how to do the same so we can lift this world together.

I look forward to creating magic and making history with you.

My Name is Jerry and I am just here to help!!!..
#OnAirWithJerrycan #JerrycanOnFire #BetterMan #TheManInTheArena #Project1000

(1) (Reply)

Confidence: An Ingredient In Landing Your Dream Job / 2d Drafting & 3d Modeling With Autodesk Inventor For Design Engineers / 2020 So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.