Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife (1543 Views)

I Have Access To Half Of His Property - Nigerian Woman Brags After Court Wedding / 'I Beg My Husband For Sex, Sometimes He Gives Me Half Chop' - Mother Of 5 / Zambian Lady Heaps Praises On Her Husband For Donating His Liver To Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by Dubemzy(m): 7:16pm On Aug 30, 2020
Christopher Dempsey gave up half of his liver for someone he’d never met. He overheard a coworker he barely knew talking about a cousin who had stage- four liver disease. She needed a liver transplant, but there were 119,000 people on the transplant list before her. Unless she found a donor, she would only have two more months to live. Dempsey didn’t know the family well, but he didn’t think it was right to let her suffer. And so he butted in to offer to get himself tested to see if he was a match. When he found he was, he agreed to donate part of his liver. The woman whose life he’d save was named Heather Krueger, and they didn’t meet until after he’d promised to give her his liver. When they did, though, they fell in love. They started dating after the operation, and in 2016, two years after saving her life, Chris Dempsey got married to a woman he would never have met if he hadn’t agreed to give up an organ for a total stranger.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 30, 2020
Weird fact:

He would completely regrow the liver in a couple of days. From as little as 51% of the original liver mass can regenerate back to its full size.

5 Likes

Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by bukatyne(f): 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2020
Such selflessness.

God continually bless their union.

3 Likes

Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by Noloss(f): 8:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
Inside life grin grin

Sacrificial love!!!

Rear breed. God bless your union.
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by Bewiseedet(m): 9:31pm On Aug 30, 2020
It will be great when they both pull through
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 30, 2020
May God bless him and keep them for each other.

Now that is true love. A man willing to lay his life for someone he hardly knows.
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by DICKstractor: 12:12am On Aug 31, 2020
cheesy

This one na dangerous love
Dah, the man get liver o

John legend all of you comes to mind

Give me all of you
Cards on the table,
we're both showing hearts
Risking it all, though it's hard
Cause all of me
Loves all of you

2 Likes

Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by Mariangeles(f): 12:15am On Aug 31, 2020
mulante:
Weird fact:

He would completely regrow the liver in a couple of days. From as little as 51% of the original liver mass can regenerate back to its full size.

If it's true, that is very comforting to know.

...and some say no love can be unconditional.
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by Nobody: 3:48am On Aug 31, 2020
Only a man can do this type of thing. Women are incapable of such sacrifice.
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by jidamsel43(m): 5:35am On Aug 31, 2020
Foolishness at the highest order. The woman that will eventually abandon him for lack of full liver
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by snipesdam(m): 7:12am On Aug 31, 2020
@mulante You mean the Human liver can regenerate itself? Does this apply to living things with liver?

It also means the partial donated liver will still grow whole?

That's weird knowledge...
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by Mindlog: 7:47am On Aug 31, 2020
Fyi0:

A kind heart has no gender.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by Mariangeles(f): 9:39am On Aug 31, 2020
Mindlog:

A kind heart has no gender.

Thou art wise. smiley

Permit me to borrow....
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by Mariangeles(f): 9:40am On Aug 31, 2020
[s]
Fyi0:
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by merieam16(f): 9:44am On Aug 31, 2020
We still av gud people around.Nice one...
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by Mindlog: 10:01am On Aug 31, 2020
Mariangeles:

Thou art wise. smiley

Permit me to borrow....

Feel free to. wink

1 Like

Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by crackhaus: 2:44pm On Aug 31, 2020
Dubemzy:
Christopher Dempsey gave up half of his liver for someone he’d never met. He overheard a coworker he barely knew talking about a cousin who had stage-four liver disease. She needed a liver transplant, but there were 119,000 people on the transplant list before her. Unless she found a donor, she would only have two more months to live.
Dempsey didn’t know the family well, but he didn’t think it was right to let her suffer. And so he butted in to offer to get himself tested to see if he was a match. When he found he was, he agreed to donate part of his liver.
The woman whose life he’d save was named Heather Krueger, and they didn’t meet until after he’d promised to give her his liver. When they did, though, they fell in love. They started dating after the operation, and in 2016, two years after saving her life, Chris Dempsey got married to a woman he would never have met if he hadn’t agreed to give up an organ for a total stranger.
Please, next time include photos in a beautiful story of this nature.

Very important smiley
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by Mariangeles(f): 3:13pm On Aug 31, 2020
crackhaus:

Please, next time include photos in a beautiful story of this nature.

Very important smiley

But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe."
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by crackhaus: 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2020
Mariangeles:

But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe."
Yes, a disciple said that.

But I have not expressed any disbelief about this story. I simply suggested pictures because it gives a true-life story more emotional depth.

Basic journalism.

2 Likes

Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by Mariangeles(f): 4:07pm On Aug 31, 2020
crackhaus:

Yes, a disciple said that.

But I have not expressed any disbelief about this story. I simply suggested pictures because it gives a true-life story more emotional depth.

Basic journalism.

Really? You? grin
'Cause that your comment was just too plain and concurring to be true... and the smile, it made it even worse undecided
With you, it's either disagreement or sarcasm undecided
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by crackhaus: 4:24pm On Aug 31, 2020
Mariangeles:

Really? You? grin
'Cause that your comment was just too plain and concurring to be true... and the smile, it made it even worse undecided
With you, it's either disagreement or sarcasm undecided
Hehehe, it seems you now know me more than I know myself. grin

Honestly, I believed the story.
The thread simply doesn't do enough without pictures

But let me help wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu88Lkk3A6w

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by Mariangeles(f): 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2020
crackhaus:

But let me help wink

That is awesome.

Though I could doubted the story without picture or video evidence, but I chose to believe and hold on to that little faith in humanity.
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 31, 2020
SMH, it can only be oyinbo people

1 Like

Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2020
Zzor:
SMH, it can only be oyinbo people
So U Av Not Heard Of A Nigerian Who Did Dsame & Got Dumped By D Lady?

(-_-)
<wink))>
_/ \_
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 31, 2020
Truvel:
So U Av Not Heard Of A Nigerian Who Did Dsame & Got Dumped By D Lady?

(-_-)
<wink)>
_/ \_
never heard such
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by crackhaus: 5:48pm On Aug 31, 2020
Mariangeles:

That is awesome.

Though I could doubted the story without picture or video evidence, but I chose to believe and hold on to that little faith in humanity.
Lol, noted...
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by LadySarah: 5:52pm On Aug 31, 2020
jidamsel43:
Foolishness at the highest order. The woman that will eventually abandon him for lack of full liver

You don't know liver regrows?

Grow up!
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by nifton(m): 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2020
I admire the man's courage. Sincerely, this will be highly difficult for me to do for a total stranger. But I can for parents, siblings or a wife I'm married to.
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:07am On Sep 01, 2020
Simp
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by ecstasy357(m): 10:22am On Sep 01, 2020
It's a risk anyone can take if well calculated.

God bless the man and his union.

1 Like

Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by cococandy(f): 10:37am On Sep 01, 2020
mulante:
Weird fact:

In a couple of days? No dear. It takes about 30 days on average (in non-complicated cases).

Can take up to a year under different situations.

Yes but that’s still a short time considering
Re: Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife by bukatyne(f): 11:16am On Sep 01, 2020
crackhaus:

But let me help wink

They married on my birthday that year! cheesy

October 15 babies are confirmed lover girls and lover boys kiss

Let me include the whole October babies (out of love of course!)

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING! Dstv, Gotv Break Silence Over Social Media Reports / This Is The Most Creative Maternity Photo Shoot. / Boyfriend At 14+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.