Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard (69804 Views)

Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro / Blackberry 5G Phone With Physical Keyboard Set To Launch This Year / More Blackberry Phones Available.... 3k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by Ckmilly22(m): 8:19pm On Aug 31, 2020
wow I can't wait
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by Michaelcas(m): 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2020
Goldenheart:
Oh no This guys never learn. Physical keyboard ?! in 2020 undecided
many people prefer physical keyboard to the other, I included
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by Michaelcas(m): 8:39pm On Aug 31, 2020
JB4life:
Even if it is 10G compliant ,the mere fact that it has a physical keyboard makes it not only outdated but also most undesirable.
wrong
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by latiephwald(m): 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2020
Famahzing:
dear nairalanders anyone with information on how I can get a good POS machine for my banking agent business should reach out to me, am currently based in badagry and in need of a POS machine for withdrawals, all the agency I've reached out to says they ain't got any available for now. I don't mind paying to get it ASAP. 07064546846.
If you dont mind I can get you either Paycentre or page.
20k paycentre and oaga 45k.
Reach me 08025903786
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by Michaelcas(m): 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2020
Oizatobad:
not everyone knows how to carry load in the night
exactly
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by Sniper101(m): 8:49pm On Aug 31, 2020
Now I just remembered that year (2012) when I had to buy BB Curve 2 (48k) simply cos I felt pained one certain time when I approached a girl, and after making small talks I asked for her phone number. only for her to say that she only gives out her BB pin and not her phone number

...talk about an 'indirect' insult grin
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by bjtinz: 9:19pm On Aug 31, 2020
SmartPolician:
If .

WhatsApp is no match for BBM. BlackBerry was super innovative with BBM because it could PING, you could show your friends the music you are listening to, and there was privacy. WhatsApp is useless as far as user privacy is concerned.

That's my biggest problem with WhatsApp
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by DESTROTECH(m): 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2020
Hmm how trues is this
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by kareemkamil(m): 9:46pm On Aug 31, 2020
Oh that reminds me, blackberry still existing
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by DexterousOne(m): 10:23pm On Aug 31, 2020
EVILFOREST:
Does it mean LADIES should start purchasing ADULT DIAPERS too....?
The Repercussions of BLACKBERRY are second to none and will always remain indelible in the hearts of Nigerian Ladies.
IPHONE still dey learn work....

What are you talking about sir

Pampers?
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2020
mytime24:
physical keyboard undecided

Off me sad

Gaskiya
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by Danniedpastor(m): 10:29pm On Aug 31, 2020
Famahzing:
dear nairalanders anyone with information on how I can get a good POS machine for my banking agent business should reach out to me, am currently based in badagry and in need of a POS machine for withdrawals, all the agency I've reached out to says they ain't got any available for now. I don't mind paying to get it ASAP. 07064546846.

Go to Zenith Bank
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by chidooh1: 10:40pm On Aug 31, 2020
Definitely waiting to pick one no matter the price, was actually in love with the old ones, bb passport

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by earnit3: 11:00pm On Aug 31, 2020
Jokers
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by GindoX(m): 11:04pm On Aug 31, 2020
Brachaa:
So??...

Who wants to go back to their vomit. Definitely not me.

I fear your name... Brachaa. I called it will respect. Cap off mam
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by SexytorresE(f): 11:36pm On Aug 31, 2020
The shakara wey BB users do, iPhones users no near them small ... pls bring back BB I’m a huge fan kiss

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by Nobody: 1:36am On Sep 01, 2020
GindoX:

I fear your name... Brachaa. I called it will respect. Cap off mam

That name means Blessing. Its a Hebrew name. smiley
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by DeRay98(m): 4:41am On Sep 01, 2020
toffyz:

I pray to earn more before then by His grace.
If to earn more is to buy BBM, poverty will hold you down for life.
Earn to invest and grow rich investing and let spenders remain broke.
It's my little advice to you this morning.
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by unmask: 6:34am On Sep 01, 2020
Sehindemi:

Better still, they should disallow android phones from using BBM. That singular act killed BB and made it worthless.
Just imagine android phones using IMessage.
I can't imagine.
can't imagine how you people are longing for a phone with inferior hardware and crappy software because of a messenger.

The messenger was ported to android and people saw it was worthless..... WhatsApp thrived because it was minimal in design.....did the basic stuff really well which is to communicate.
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by unmask: 6:35am On Sep 01, 2020
Johel:

Blackberry still better than the overrated device called iPhone.
knock yourself hard
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by unmask: 6:40am On Sep 01, 2020
ICEWIN:
Dont doubt.
is 100% possible.
if they utilize their marketting.
0% possible......all blackberry offered previously was Bbm, crappy os and crappy hardware. Now there are a plethora of messengers that do *10 of what bbm could..... and what marketing? Have they hired the entire marketing department of Apple?
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by BabaRamota1980: 7:25am On Sep 01, 2020
phonesiq:

BlackBerry is all set to make a comeback to the smartphone market after almost a year of no activity from the company. The much desired return is courtesy of a Texas-based company named OnwardMobility that has experience in developing security solutions for government and enterprise customers.

It was revealed that the new BlackBerry phone will be a 5G enabled smartphone - featuring a physical keyboard and include a list of enterprise-focussed security modules. The new development comes about six months after previous BlackBerry brand licensee TCL Communication announced that it would cease the sales of BlackBerry-branded devices starting August 31 which happens to be today.

Today is the last day for BlackBerry fans to pick up TCL's BlackBerry Key2, however, TCL says it will continue to support for at least another two years.

https://www.phonesiq.com/news/blackberry-phones-are-coming-back-in-2021-with-5g-and-physical-keyboard

Is it going to be on blackberry os or on android os? I will return to blackberry if the put it back on the old proprietary platform. If its android i dont want it! angry
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:08am On Sep 01, 2020
StrikeBack:
Research in motion
They aren't the ones doing this relaunch. They sold the brand off to some other company.
Read it on CNN a few months ago.
I can't seem to recollect the name

chidooh1:
Definitely waiting to pick one no matter the price, was actually in love with the old ones, bb passport
I got one in 2014 - can't bring myself to discard it even though the sim slot is broken cheesy
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by EngrXrix(m): 8:32am On Sep 01, 2020
Bigchristo:
they still want to bring physical keyboards? They’re not ready to compete with other tech companies yet, because nobody needs physical keyboards anymore we all want screen touch
Bros we go use am like that. Your laptop still uses physical keyboard. It doesn't stop u from using it right? It's all about preference.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by EngrXrix(m): 8:34am On Sep 01, 2020
DAVE5:

Though I never used bbm extensively but I do love the idea of privacy of its PIN knowing that only if I gave spmeone my pin Before they can chat me up unlike now that once anybody has ur number, they can chat u up
My brother that's the point. Plus the one I'm hearing they now hack whatsapp is not appealing at all. Bbm could never be hacked. Premium security.
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by thecuteone(m): 8:37am On Sep 01, 2020
Brachaa:
So??...

Who wants to go back to their vomit. Definitely not me.

Why ?

Them shift your paynt because of BB that year ? .. lol grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 01, 2020
thecuteone:

Why ?

Them shift your paynt because of BB that year ? .. lol grin grin grin

Now, go back and read this your comment out loud to yourself in front of a mirrow. Then come back and tell me what you see?
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by DAVE5(m): 9:05am On Sep 01, 2020
EngrXrix:

My brother that's the point. Plus the one I'm hearing they now hack whatsapp is not appealing at all. Bbm could never be hacked. Premium security.

Hmmnn, privacy these days has gone to the wind
Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by craves(m): 9:07am On Sep 01, 2020
Look at them lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. Only if the know what apple and huawei are cooking

Meanwhile...
Let's build you a website at affordable rate

Re: Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard by budaatum: 10:41am On Sep 01, 2020
vivaciousvivi:

They aren't the ones doing this relaunch. They sold the brand off to some other company.
Read it on CNN a few months ago.
I can't seem to recollect the name
No you did not read anything of the sort on CNN because it is not true!

What they do do is get a company - TCL to date, and a little-known company called OnwardMobility who be working with a subsidiary of Chinese mega-corp Foxconn - to manufacture future phones under some licensing agreement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Picture Of The New Nokia 3310 / Download Room 027 [full Movie] Nollywood Movie - To Your phone / How To Convert Java Phone To Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.