Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,689 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! (43613 Views)

Banks Begin Collection Of Old Naira Notes Despite CBN’s Denial Of Directive / New Notes Scarcity: CBN Issues Fresh Directive To Banks / Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! by Salkaya12446: 2:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
Please call me on 08033098527 to enable me explain in detail to you how to go about processing of letter of administration and how to open estate account for your deceaced father. Don't waste your money on hiring a lawyer who will charge you exhorbitantly. Cheers.
Re: Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 2:42pm On Sep 02, 2020
daddytime:
My dear brother, I can understand how you feel about the entire bureaucracies but yes, the bank is right in their assertion.

A letter of administration or LOA is a standard requirement to enable a next of kin(s) to access a deceased's account.

It might seem stressful and expensive but its wholly legal the world over.

Yes, the internationally institutionalized Stealing backed by Thieving Governments. LOA is a Fraud and banks, the Thieves in Suits!
Re: Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! by Adakintroy: 3:17pm On Sep 02, 2020
dalass:

Wrong thread... cheesy

Check the topic again... It has absolutely nothing to do with the Church... grin

I don't follow thread. I say mind on any thread.

Structural reason. Not me.
Re: Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! by dalass(f): 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2020
Adakintroy:

I don't follow thread. I say mind on any thread.

Structural reason. Not me.

You are free to create your own thread on Nairaland without a dime.

There's a reason threads are created. Imagine the confusion if programming comment is under religion thread or family comment is found in business thread..

Pls don't create confusion here.. What's happening around this nation is enough wahala
Re: Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! by dopedealer(m): 2:32am On Sep 03, 2020
daddytime:

I'm not sure sir.

Thanks for your response . . I am just asking to avoid all this stress this family is presently going through.
Re: Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! by U1(m): 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2020
ladyF:
Why not just get the letter of administration.

Please your attention is needed on WhatsApp. No response to messages.
Re: Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! by SavageResponse(m): 11:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
Salkaya12446:
Please call me on 08033098527 to enable me explain in detail to you how to go about processing of letter of administration and how to open estate account for your deceaced father. Don't waste your money on hiring a lawyer who will charge you exhorbitantly. Cheers.

So you expect us to believe that you can't give him a written step-by-step procedure to follow to solve the problem on this platform?
Re: Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! by SavageResponse(m): 9:37am On Sep 20, 2020
MikeMicheal:
This is enormously incredulous and it is obviously a deliberate attempt to not relinquish the funds of the demised.

The bank is not interested in the dead man's money.

There are procedures which must be followed otherwise the bank will open it's self to litigation in future if it just releases the funds without the necessary documentation

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! by SavageResponse(m): 9:41am On Sep 20, 2020
CioAngels:
Is your mother alive, she should go to a known lawyer( Femi Falana)and explain your problem. Just pray they have not stolen your father's money has soon as he died, as we hear that is now their stock in-trade.

Na how much be the money sef? Is it up to 0.01% of the total deposit funds of the smallest bank in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! by SavageResponse(m): 9:45am On Sep 20, 2020
UnbiasedAnalyst:
I will strongly advise you sue the bank. They are playing with your intelligence. Don't even think of coming for the LOA because it won't take your lawyer anything less than 2 months to get it. Also the cost of getting it can be as hight as 2m. Get a good lawyer and see them (you'll get your money, the bank will also compensate you, and the bank will refund the money used in pursuing the case)
All the best to your family

N2 million to get a Letter of Administration? Where did you hear that rubbish?!

You're advising someone who obviously does not have deep pockets to sue a bank for following laid down legal procedures.

I hope you will contribute to his Gofundme account when he goes broke while fighting a loosing battle!
Re: Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! by SavageResponse(m): 9:48am On Sep 20, 2020
zuma4k:
Please fellow nairalanders, I need your opinions on this and if possible front page. It's quite personal and goes like this.
1. Mr Adam (my father) opens a fixed deposit account with X Bank. He subsequently submits his wife's details and makes her a co-signatory to the account with the *express mandate* that upon his demise, his wife exercises automatic access to the account and it's proceeds. Does this amount to a valid contract between him and the bank?.

2. Note that after his death the bank reneged on the primary provision of his directive, stating that a letter of administration must be procured (at an exorbitant cost).
Stated Reasons bothers on the fact that under banking laws and the principles of a valid contract, a contract between a depositor and the bank terminates upon the demise of the individual thus rendering the *mandate* unenforceable and invalid.
Please mods I need this on front page. Thanks.

UnbiasedAnalyst:
I will strongly advise you sue the bank. They are playing with your intelligence. Don't even think of coming for the LOA because it won't take your lawyer anything less than 2 months to get it. Also the cost of getting it can be as hight as 2m. Get a good lawyer and see them (you'll get your money, the bank will also compensate you, and the bank will refund the money used in pursuing the case)
All the best to your family

N2 million to get a Letter of Administration? Where did you hear that rubbish?!

You're advising someone who obviously does not have deep pockets to sue a bank for following laid down legal procedures.

I hope you will contribute to his Gofundme account when he goes broke while fighting a loosing battle!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hilarious Conversation Between UBA And Guy Who Asked Them For Loan On Twitter / GTB Customer Faints As N2.95m Disappears From His Account / Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.