Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,069 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut (33282 Views)

Our Shops Will Be Demolished Because Igbo Didn't Vote For APC — Alaba Shop Owner / Simon Ekpa Was Paid $1M To Destroy Obi’s Chances — Ohanaeze / Ekpa Was Paid $1m To Destroy Obi’s Chances —Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Noisyrians: 11:03pm On Aug 31, 2020
Give warning to the Ghana government? You Dey craze? Who is the Nigetian government to give warning to the Government of Ghana? This is absolutely crap! I don’t know how you nigerians think of yourselves. The way you nigerians look at yourselves is not the way the rest of the world sees Nigeria.

Tell your citizens to go back home. They have overstayed their welcome in Ghana.

kazeem74:
The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT should come to their aid bc mtn and ShopRite did not leave Nigeria upo the treat yet they are waxing stronger
We should give warning to Ghana government to acccmodate our citizem

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 31, 2020
RTSC:

It is stupid by all definitions.

If I were were the FG, they would pay tax arrears before stepping foot in Nigeria.

They have money to burn
CALM DOWN.....
... na 1 MILLION ZIMBABWEAN DOLLARS...
which may be equivalent to 10, 000 Naira in Nigeria grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 31, 2020
GeneralMarshall:

Guy, leave tribe out of this. Are you cursed ni

grin
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Noisyrians: 11:06pm On Aug 31, 2020
Imagine nigeria. You think nigeria is a better country than Ghana? grin
Oizee:
Imagine ghana

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Rossinky: 11:06pm On Aug 31, 2020
EastGold:
They ought to flog these traders.

$1m will do a lot in Nigeria business environment

Don't the mind the stupid idiots.

Will they pay that 1 million dollars in Nigeria?

Even to pay 5,000 naira they will riot.

Fcking goats.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 31, 2020
NkemChukwudi:

Why are my Igbo tenants not paying their rent if indeed they are dollar millionaires?

grin
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Dayvidblue: 11:09pm On Aug 31, 2020
With all said and done, you'll agree with me that business is all about making profit, forget about ideals. If my country is making business unprofitable it will border on the ludicrous for me to continue running my business in an economically hostile environment. Of course you would expect me to move to a more favourable environment.
Let the government do the needful by fixing the numerous bottlenecks in the way of doing legitimate business and watch this business come back home.
The problem is not the business men but a non-functional system.

On the Yahoo thing, it's my idea of lashing back at those who try to play the tribalism card.
It's meant to make those of them who still have some pinch of rationality in them realise that no single tribe accounts for all the ills that have befallen this country, and none can be excused as well as we are all culpable.

lucasalves:

Of course, believe whatever makes you sleep at night, one thing I know is people of my generation move different and we are not the type to put a mega phone to the mouth to announce ourselves.
We never get there, but as long as I am eating 3 square meals in my own country without having to worry about anyone chasing me out based on visa or any other issue, I'm good.

Challenges? Yes. What will make me or any group fork out $1million in Ghana? when that money can easily be used here with even less restrictions on land rights or any other issue. Do you know how many products including Agricultural products Nigeria alone exports to Ghana yearly? Despite the closure of the borders they still want our products, why can't they stay home and provide jobs for the youths and selling their products to Ghana?

Anyone with a brain will slap these business men if they really did cough up the money.
p.s with the whole Yahoo thing, tell me that's you being rational and not tribalistic.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Rossinky: 11:10pm On Aug 31, 2020
MansoryMX:

Come back to which country? You people will just open mouth and talk as if Nigeria is working effectively. SMEs are depreciating each passing day in this country, so many other factors such as lack of electricity, outrageous taxes both local and state governments, insecurity and many more. Talk another thing abeg

So how come Indians, Chinese, and Lebanese are flocking in here to start profitable businesses everyday?

Inferiority complex afflicted fools.

Go to Ghana and pay 1 million dollars out of self hatred and low self-esteem......Goats.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by talktrue1234: 11:12pm On Aug 31, 2020
Noisyrians:
Give warning to the Ghana government? You Dey craze? Who is the Nigetian government to give warning to the Government of Ghana? This is absolutely crap! I don’t know how you nigerians think of yourselves. The way you nigerians look at yourselves is not the way the rest of the world sees Nigeria.

Tell your citizens to go back home. They have overstayed their welcome in Ghana.

Dude calm down, the truth you don't know is this path your leaders are threading will not benefit Ghana, Nigeria has a lot to give to the world than Ghana, a good relationship between the two of us will do both of us good. What your leaders are doing is just stupidity and quackery, you people need a review of your international relations if you think this is right. If Nigeria decides to retaliate, Ghana can't stand it.

And mind you a lot of you people keep saying we are proud, I have listened to a lot of Ghanaians especially their presenters and I can tell you very well it's their hearts that pride resides
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Rossinky: 11:15pm On Aug 31, 2020
mauchiz:
One million dollars?

Nigerians in Ghana are very useless, how can you pay such money to Ghanian government?

Are you people crazy?
One million dollars?

God please deliver Nigerians in Ghana, they have been bewitched.

Who has hypnotised Nigerians in Ghana? And stole their one million dollars.

EFCC please do the needful, Ghana government must pay back that money.

We no go gree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly bro...
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 31, 2020
jrusky:

Bro you said it all. I have visited Ghana on few occassion in recent past sorry nothing is happening in Ghana sentiment apart I kept wondering what my fellow citizen rushing there for I can't understand.

I have a junior brother who relocated from Ghana since four years ago. Nothing works there. Their woes surpass Naija own.

Where our people hear the tale of Ghana being better than Naija is what I don't know.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2020
saaphiere:
Nigerian traders in Ghana cried out and called on the FG to come to their aid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFZk9Q9tFgQ

https://punchng.com/video-we-paid-1m-levy-yet-our-shops-were-shut-nigerian-traders-in-ghana/

Illiterate if you want Nigerian government to go help you why don't you go back to Nigeria. How do you run to another man's land and now what your government to come and help you
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 31, 2020
gypsey:
yea right! $1 millions? bullshit! for $500, 000 you will get an American green card. let alone a million dollars. morons!
Who told you, lmao go and see the queue for usa green card whom are business men and women of some Caucasian, Asian, latinos not to talk of Blacks that face racism of some sort.
Trump administration has changed everything.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by webmaster99(m): 11:18pm On Aug 31, 2020
you see!
most of all this problems would have been avoided if only our eye sights were clear enough

the eye is your guide!
do visit my thread below to know more.
https://www.nairaland.com/6089347/how-natural-eye-solution-made
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Noisyrians: 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2020
Hahahahaha nothing works in Ghana, and everything works in Nigeria? Is that a joke or something? Nothing works in Ghana yet thousands of your countrymen and women are coming to Ghana every day? You must be a comedian grin

WILLuKPquiet:

I have a junior brother who relocated from Ghana since four years ago. Nothing works there. Their woes surpass Naija own.

Where our people hear the tale of Ghana being better than Naija is what I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Notatribalist(m): 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2020
Noisyrians:
500,000 Ghanaians living in Nigeria compared with over 5 million Nigerians living in Ghana.

Even today that the borders are locked because of covid 19, some Nigerians are still paying bribes to sneak into Ghana. Do you know the number of Nigerians waiting for the borders to be opened so they can run to Ghana? grin

Every day nigerians are coming in their thousands to Ghana. Ghanaians are saying enough is enough. I really don’t know why nigerians are angry that Ghana does not want nigerians in their country. Ghanaians decide who they want in their country and who they don’t want. It is as simple as that. Fuckeduppedness grin

5million Nigerians in Ghana? What weed did you smoke?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Dayvidblue: 11:21pm On Aug 31, 2020
Did we really shut our borders, that will amounts to begging the fact.
There are categories of goods our borders were closed to:those goods not produced within the ECOWAS regions. For crying out loud the region was becoming a dumping ground for European goods the bulk of which was ending up in Nigeria (mind you that was against the ECOWAS agreement)

Re: these are not companies but traders that there shops were shut have you forgotten?

Yankee101:

For the ECOWAS agreement, naija broke it first by shutting its borders
The Ghana 1m$ is per company not several
companies
The EB5 visa is an outright investment of refundable capital plus profit (or loss) after 5 years
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by winterfell007(m): 11:21pm On Aug 31, 2020
MansoryMX:

Come back to which country? You people will just open mouth and talk as if Nigeria is working effectively. SMEs are depreciating each passing day in this country, so many other factors such as lack of electricity, outrageous taxes both local and state governments, insecurity and many more. Talk another thing abeg

so it's it in Ghana that SME are appreciating?? undecided undecided. We keep ridiculing ourselves before other African countries. You guys are becoming a serious embarrassment to the nation
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by lucasalves: 11:22pm On Aug 31, 2020
Dayvidblue:
With all said and done, you'll agree with me that business is all about making profit, forget about ideals. If my country is making business unprofitable it will border on the ludicrous for me to continue running my business in an economically hostile environment. Of course you would expect me to move to a more favourable environment.
Let the government do the needful by fixing the numerous bottlenecks in the way of doing legitimate business and watch this business come back home.
The problem is not the business men but a non-functional system.

On the Yahoo thing, it's my idea of lashing back at those who try to play the tribalism card.
It's meant to make those of them who still have some pinch of rationality in them realise that no single tribe accounts for all the ills that have befallen this country, and none can be excused as well as we are all culpable.

There in lies the fundamental difference between us, as I believe if you position yourself well and know your market, if they like they turn dollar to 500 naira tommorow it's none of your business cos you are dealing locally and if at all any price hike your customers will be the one to shoulder it. Trust me I have gone the route of "let's go abroad and make money" but what's the point of making money in a country where you will always be a second class citizen when you can easily stay at home and achieve the needful.

We can only scream and scream, this government or the next will never do anything to favor local business men they are too busy creating bogus programs to embezzle money. Business people regardless of tribe have to join hands and form a coalition that is not controlled or influenced in anyway by the government. Leaving to develop and dropping $1 million in Ghana is nothing but extortion.

The key for us is to think outside the box and not look at any other country model to develop as every country is unique in its own right.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 11:25pm On Aug 31, 2020
Noisyrians:
Hahahahaha nothing works in Ghana, and everything works in Nigeria? Is that a joke or something? Nothing works in Ghana yet thousands of your countrymen and women are coming to Ghana every day? You must be a comedian grin

Our problem in Nigeria is the people are illiterate.
A Nigerian will run away from the country knowing that Nigeria can do nothing for them. When did get another country then I want Nigerian government to come and help them first class illiterate. Nigeria is 32 in Africa in performance and achievement

.2019 Global Competitiveness Report of the WEF which assessed 141 countries, Nigeria was placed at 116. What a giant

Nigerians live in dreamland with big mouths
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Rossinky: 11:27pm On Aug 31, 2020
winterfell007:

so it's it in Ghana that SME are appreciating?? undecided undecided. We keep ridiculing ourselves before other African countries. You guys are becoming a serious embarrassment to the nation

Honestly. Do you know you have Nigerian bankers who are working as slaves in Libya? Our people just have this cursed mentality that everywhere else on earth is better than their country. When they reach those places and find the opposite, they will go on YouTube and start appealing to the Nigerian govt to send them planes to return home. Hopeless, useless set of people.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Noisyrians: 11:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
Ghanaians never had problems with Nigerians. The Yorubas in particular are very good guests. They respect the laws of their host country. The Yorubas and even some from northern Nigeria have been living in Ghana for more than 100 years.

The real problem is with the Igbos. Let me tell you nigerians the truth.

Igbos want to drag everything with their host country. They want all the rights accorded to Ghanaians. On top of that, they don’t even show respect to the authorities in Ghana. You expect Ghanaians to tolerate that kind of rubbish? Hell no.There are Igbos living in Ghana who are always insulting and criticizing Ghana and Ghanaians. And I wonder, why will any sane person live a country he or she doesn’t like? It doesn’t make sense. Ghanaians know all these things and that is fuellling the resentment against nigerians in Ghana.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by talktrue1234: 11:29pm On Aug 31, 2020
Noisyrians:

Since you don't understand it, this is what your government is presently doing, they are showing the whole world that they are very insecure country who can't handle business competition diplomatically, they are showing they they can resort to frustrating investors at any point in time and they don't know how to separate business from politics.

Nigerian government doesn't need to do too much, just use the media to tell your good deeds all over the world how you are intentionally frustrating businesses because they are foreign owned, and watch investors skeptical about your country
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 11:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
Noisyrians:
Ghanaians never had problems with Nigerians. The Yorubas in particular are very good guests. They respect the laws of their host country. The Yorubas and even some from northern Nigeria have been living in Ghana for more than 100 years.

The real problem is with the Igbos. Let me tell you nigerians the truth.

Igbos want to drag everything with their host country. They want all the rights accorded to Ghanaians. On top of that, they don’t even show respect to the authorities in Ghana. You expect Ghanaians to tolerate that kind of rubbish? Hell no.There are Igbos living in Ghana who are always insulting and criticizing Ghana and Ghanaians. And I wonder, why will any sane person live a country he or she doesn’t like? It doesn’t make sense. Ghanaians know all these things and that is fuellling the resentment against nigerians in Ghana.

All Nigerians are the same these days. Yoruba people are heavily in the body part business in Ghana. All of wind Nigerians are the same the only difference is he does make a lot of noise but on criminal levels it is all the same.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Yankee101: 11:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
Dayvidblue:
Did we really shut our borders, that will amounts to begging the fact.
There are categories of goods our borders were closed to:those goods not produced within the ECOWAS regions. For crying out loud the region was becoming a dumping ground for European goods the bulk of which was ending up in Nigeria (mind you that was against the ECOWAS agreement)

Re: these are not companies but traders that there shops were shut have you forgotten?

1. Well you need to read the news again. The border shut down completely

2. Petty trading is prohibited to non citizens in Ghana, so it they are petty traders then they're breaking the law and you're only supporting the view of the Ghana govt

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 11:36pm On Aug 31, 2020
talktrue1234:

Since you don't understand it, this is what your government is presently doing, they are showing the whole world that they are very insecure country who can't handle business competition diplomatically, they are showing they they can resort to frustrating investors at any point in time and they don't know how to separate business from politics.

Nigerian government doesn't need to do too much, just use the media to tell your good deeds all over the world how you are intentionally frustrating businesses because they are foreign owned, and watch investors skeptical about your country

Have you been dreaming who will listen to Nigerian government a nation of criminal worshippers who will listen to Nigerians even in Africa not even one country can vote for Nigeria. A country where illiteracy takes centre Stage. A country where the leaders are all criminals and the people have the biggest mouth. A country where the people will run away to another country and start believing Nigerian government will come and help them when the government could do nothing for them in Nigeria.

Which Nigerians are the most illiterate and stupidest people in the world
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Dayvidblue: 11:36pm On Aug 31, 2020
Goodness! And my first impression of you was "tribalistic"
You just said something that caught my attention, but I think we need to extend what you said to the political scene. We all need cast our tribes aside and fight for the common good.
Personally I don't care what tribe the next president or any public office holder comes from, all I am interested in is what he has to offer.
Irrespective of what you might think, I'll like you to realize that like it or not, government will always affect the quality of business because they formulate policies.

Talking about passing the cost to the consumers, government policies can also affect how effective that can be. The consumers will be more willing to bear the extra cost if they have the means to. Ever head of the multiplier effect?

lucasalves:

There in lies the fundamental difference between us, as I believe if you position yourself well and know your market, if they like they turn dollar to 500 naira tommorow it's none of your business cos you are dealing locally and if at all any price hike your customers will be the one to shoulder it. Trust me I have gone the route of "let's go abroad and make money" but what's the point of making money in a country where you will always be a second class citizen when you can easily stay at home and achieve the needful.

We can only scream and scream, this government or the next will never do anything to favor local business men they are too busy creating bogus programs to embezzle money. Business people regardless of tribe have to join hands and form a coalition that is not controlled or influenced in anyway by the government. Leaving to develop and dropping $1 million in Ghana is nothing but extortion.

The key for us is to think outside the box and not look at any other country model to develop as every country is unique in its own right.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 31, 2020
gypsey:
Yea! keep telling your poor self that, They paid $1 million just to trade on mobile phones accessories in Ghana. cheesy cheesy they are morons, infact, they have never come across $10k grin.
They have never come across 10k yet they resident permit plus work permit is how much? Plus other permit. Reason with your head. Imagine paying 120$ for non citizen ID (not even a year depending on your application) how much do you think they pay for house rent, plus shop rent.?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Imo State Recovers And Seals Royal Spring Palm Hotels / FFK Blames Peter Obi & Obidients For Obasanjo's Disrespecting Of Yoruba Monarchs / Bomb Blast At New Road Park, Kano?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.