Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut (33225 Views)

Our Shops Will Be Demolished Because Igbo Didn't Vote For APC — Alaba Shop Owner / Simon Ekpa Was Paid $1M To Destroy Obi’s Chances — Ohanaeze / Ekpa Was Paid $1m To Destroy Obi’s Chances —Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Noisyrians: 11:38pm On Aug 31, 2020
Stop saying what you don’t know,huh? Ghana today attracts more FIDs than nigeria, despite it being a smaller economy. Why do you think investors will go to Ghana, instead of Nigeria?

Nigerians are very good at frustrating foreign investors. These days, you Nigeria’s are hell bent on frustrating businesses from South Africa. MTN, multichioce etc are always under attack in Nigeria. I guess that is your own way of encouraging foreign investment,huh?

Thankfully, there is very little investment by Ghanaians in Nigeria. We see the way you nigerians harass South African businesses in Nigeria.

talktrue1234:

Since you don't understand it, this is what your government is presently doing, they are showing the whole world that they are very insecure country who can't handle business competition diplomatically, they are showing they they can resort to frustrating investors at any point in time and they don't know how to separate business from politics.

Nigerian government doesn't need to do too much, just use the media to tell your good deeds all over the world how you are intentionally frustrating businesses because they are foreign owned, and watch investors skeptical about your country

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by jrusky(m): 11:53pm On Aug 31, 2020
[s]
Noisyrians:
Retaliate? For what? It is not by force fir Nigerians to stay in ZGhana now. Nigeria can also deport Ghanaians if they want. You can’t force another country to accept your citizens. Or can you? Tell your people to return to Nigeria if they cannot stay in a Ghana. It is not by force to stay in Ghana.

[/s]

Thrash! Thrash!! Thrash!!! Stupid and very idiotic talk. You are a classical nonentity and exceptional human toxity.

Rot in hell.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 12:00am On Sep 01, 2020
talktrue1234:

Lol your English shows you are actually better than an illiterate. And I am sure the literacy in your country has resolved the high skill shortage in your country.

And the fact that you are asking me who will listen to Nigeria shows you don't know how the media works, let alone how it's employed in situations like this, I am not interested in educating you, so I don't need to talk to you

Let me tell you something English is not my first language it is my 3rd. My first language is Portuguese I am not good in English but you understand what I am saying which is the important thing. If you have been out of the country you will know Nigeria is nothing if the Nigerian used to Mali and passport to travel to European countries. Who would listen to in Nigeria a country which the people can only worship criminals. My friend just take a trip out of that country and see how they treat Nigerians all over the world.

when 6 Nigerian students were killed in Kenya in 1 months what did Nigerian government do nothing.
When Nigerians were burnt to death in South Africa what did Nigerian government do nothing.
When 2000 Nigerians are missing in China because of her tax what did Nigerian government do nothing
Keep or fooling yourself that Nigeria is great when we are last in the world and everything 32 in Africa in performance and achievement
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by lucasalves: 12:03am On Sep 01, 2020
Dayvidblue:
Goodness! And my first impression of you was "tribalistic"
You just said something that caught my attention, but I think we need to extend what you said to the political scene. We all need cast our tribes aside and fight for the common good.
Personally I don't care what tribe the next president or any public office holder comes from, all I am interested in is what he has to offer.
Irrespective of what you might think, I'll like you to realize that like it or not, government will always affect the quality of business because they formulate policies.

Talking about passing the cost to the consumers, government policies can also affect how effective that can be. The consumers will be more willing to bear the extra cost if they have the means to. Ever head of the multiplier effect?

That's the point tho, we are all catching cruise on nairaland. So after the whole tribe bashing online, the real world isn't a dystopian one where Yorubas and igbos are actively at each other's throats. Nigeria isn't by nature a political correct country everyone says whatever they want to (trust me I have visited countries with anti defamation laws that are unbelievably harsh).

Automatically the generation of more jobs (giving the average consumer the means) in the country will negate multiplier effect. Coalitions can get so big that they dictate actions of government ( this is basically happening in America no matter how much they deny it). Big and multi national corporation dictate a huge chunk of the government policy towards trade.
You will just be ready to see a hyper capitalist economy and that will drive development especially with better infrastructure. Not to mention attracting FDIs in record numbers. All the while at least maintaining the purchasing power of the average consumer and creating millions of employment opportunities.

We are a country of 200 million people, if we really put our minds into production we can easily conquer the whole continent. Just imagine if we had 5 to 10 more Dangotes. But this of course is still a dream.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by frog12: 12:03am On Sep 01, 2020
these PEOPLE have 1 million dollars to PUT down for their PEPPER shops shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
that na 350 million NAIRA coming from PEPPER sellers!

these PEOPLE have 1 million dollars to PUT down for their PEPPER shops shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by kushme: 12:14am On Sep 01, 2020
Hmm, a million greenback.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by frog12: 12:14am On Sep 01, 2020
those NIGERIANS over there quarrel openly like THUGS !

Noisyrians:
Ghanaians never had problems with Nigerians. The Yorubas in particular are very good guests. They respect the laws of their host country. The Yorubas and even some from northern Nigeria have been living in Ghana for more than 100 years.

The real problem is with the Igbos. Let me tell you nigerians the truth.

Igbos want to drag everything with their host country. They want all the rights accorded to Ghanaians. On top of that, they don’t even show respect to the authorities in Ghana. You expect Ghanaians to tolerate that kind of rubbish? Hell no.There are Igbos living in Ghana who are always insulting and criticizing Ghana and Ghanaians. And I wonder, why will any sane person live a country he or she doesn’t like? It doesn’t make sense. Ghanaians know all these things and that is fuellling the resentment against nigerians in Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 12:19am On Sep 01, 2020
lucasalves:

That's the point tho, we are all catching cruise on nairaland. So after the whole tribe bashing online, the real world isn't a dystopian one where Yorubas and igbos are actively at each other's throats. Nigeria isn't by nature a political correct country everyone says whatever they want to (trust me I have visited countries with anti defamation laws that are unbelievably harsh).

Automatically the generation of more jobs (giving the average consumer the means) in the country will negate multiplier effect. Coalitions can get so big that they dictate actions of government ( this is basically happening in America no matter how much they deny it). Big and multi national corporation dictate a huge chunk of the government policy towards trade.
You will just be ready to see a hyper capitalist economy and that will drive development especially with better infrastructure. Not to mention attracting FDIs in record numbers. All the while at least maintaining the purchasing power of the average consumer and creating millions of employment opportunities.

We are a country of 200 million people, if we really put our minds into production we can easily conquer the whole continent. Just imagine if we had 5 to 10 more Dangotes. But this of course is still a dream.
What you say cannot happen in the next 1 million years. Nigeria's problem is not actually the government the people and their illiteracy. All over the world Nigeria with food for somebody that can do absolutely nothing for them then they want development. In the UK Europe America Nigerian will tell you it is better to follow somebody which can do nothing for them than to vote for an outsider it is no problem if we fought for Nigerians and we are suffering this is what Nigerians tell you in develop countries
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 12:22am On Sep 01, 2020
frog12:
those NIGERIANS over there quarrel openly like THUGS !

All over the world it is the same with Nigerian people do discipline the only thing which Unites Nigerian is when is time to vote for a criminal they are United
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by lucasalves: 12:24am On Sep 01, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

What you say cannot happen in the next 1 million years. Nigeria's problem is not actually the government the people and their illiteracy. All over the world Nigeria with food for somebody that can do absolutely nothing for them then they want development. In the UK Europe America Nigerian will tell you it is better to follow somebody which can do nothing for them than to vote for an outsider it is no problem if we fought for Nigerians and we are suffering this is what Nigerians tell you in develop countries
Hence why it's all a dream.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 01, 2020
abbey621:
The best and brightest group in Nigeria is also the weakest! It's like a curse, our Igbo brothers cannot succeed in Igboland because there's nothing there so they go to other lands, develop it, enrich it and then complain when they are reminded that they are just tenants. It happened in Lagos and China, happened in the North, it happened in South Africa and now Ghana.....Must you wait for Lesotho before waking up?

Na their mouth dey kill them. They boast of owning their hosts wherever they go.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 01, 2020
Noisyrians:
Stop saying what you don’t know,huh? Ghana today attracts more FIDs than nigeria, despite it being a smaller economy. Why do you think investors will go to Ghana, instead of Nigeria?

Nigerians are very good at frustrating foreign investors. These days, you Nigeria’s are hell bent on frustrating businesses from South Africa. MTN, multichioce etc are always under attack in Nigeria. I guess that is your own way of encouraging foreign investment,huh?

Thankfully, there is very little investment by Ghanaians in Nigeria. We see the way you nigerians harass South African businesses in Nigeria.

What business do you Ghanaians know to do other than sell Alomo bitter and used underwear from Europe. Don't let me e-slap you through my keyboard.

There is far more business innovation and creative trading initiatives going on in Sambisa Forest than the whole of Ghana so shut your mouth and know your place.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 01, 2020
talktrue1234:

Dude calm down, the truth you don't know is this path your leaders are threading will not benefit Ghana, Nigeria has a lot to give to the world than Ghana, a good relationship between the two of us will do both of us good. What your leaders are doing is just stupidity and quackery, you people need a review of your international relations if you think this is right. If Nigeria decides to retaliate, Ghana can't stand it.

And mind you a lot of you people keep saying we are proud, I have listened to a lot of Ghanaians especially their presenters and I can tell you very well it's their hearts that pride resides

We (Igbos) only. of course, are proud and that is why we are hated by our hosts.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by planetx: 1:03am On Sep 01, 2020
You can afford $1 million to invest but the only thing you can think off to invest it in is a small kiosk in Ghana? Ok

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Ndipe(m): 1:08am On Sep 01, 2020
One million dollars is a lot of money, why not invest that princely sum of money in Nigeria to give you a peace of mind?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by planetx: 1:43am On Sep 01, 2020
Ndipe:
One million dollars is a lot of money, why not invest that princely sum of money in Nigeria to give you a peace of mind?
They are lying, even the vast majority of Americans have never seen 1 million greenbacks before talkless of some guy with a small kiosk in Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Kingbuhari(m): 1:59am On Sep 01, 2020
Nigeria is becoming a Shadow of it old self... Courtesy of sai Barbar... Do you know as it stands now, United Arab Emirates has stopped issuing Visas and renewal of residence permit to Nigeria passports holders... Any Nigerian found without existing residence visa in UAE after next month , will go in for it for a very long time, but why only Nigerians , but other Africa Nationals are exempted... Thousands of Nigerians are trapped in UAE, please if u have brother, sister, friend or relatives living there without existing visa tell him to exist before the expiration.. here is my painment... Does it mean Nigeria government are not aware or have they collected bribes so Nigerians living in that Country will suffer... Nothing is impossible under this current dispensations.. we have a useless thief in Aso Rock who can go as far as Auctioning his subjects just to keep afloat with the reckless spending and relooting going on in his government

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Nobody: 2:06am On Sep 01, 2020
RTSC:

Well, Ghana just ate their money and still threw them out.

I know which of the two countries would have been better off.

$1M for a shop in Ghana. A mere $35billion economy.

Is that not economic madness?

Nope, it is not wxoninic madness.

Nigeria kills businesses, that's why businesses are shutting down or leaving daily....17 million Nigerians have lost their jobs under Buhari & more are still losing.

Wen things cool down and issues sorted out, they will still get their licenses back.

I guess the foolish border closure made Ghana to take such a drastic decision
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by ejighikemeuwa: 2:32am On Sep 01, 2020
EastGold:
They ought to flog these traders.

$1m will do a lot in Nigeria business environment

I want to ask you, will it do more than being looted? Or are you one of those that share In the listIngs?
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by PureFace1(m): 2:41am On Sep 01, 2020
Obalatule:
Two igala villages on the Anambra kogi border?....loool grin

A Full blooded Fulani Emir is ruling over yeroba people in Ilorin cheesy....Shameless dingbat grin

Nzam, Igbedor, Inoma, Odekpe, Owelle, Ukwala, Onugwa, Ode, Ala and Igbokeyi.

All these are two Igala villages? grin

Typical Osu Alusi, you are obviously the shameless dingbat here.

Keep crying on behalf of Ilorin people while Igbo in Anambra are Igala slaves.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by samituga: 2:44am On Sep 01, 2020
This is what we call educated illiterate! Who said or who told you those traders paid 1m dollars to Ghanaian government. The law says A person who is not a citizen may engage in a trading enterprise if that person invests in the enterprise, not less than One Million United States Dollars in cash or goods and services relevant to the investments. Let your people lie to you about paying some monies to government to win sympathy. Are Nigerians the only people doing business in gh? There’s nothing your high commission can do about it. That’s the law just as we can’t dictate to you guys. Nigerians like to complain about everything just to cause troubles. Resident permit fee applies to every national why r Nigerians only complaining. Go to USA to tell them how much they shd charge for the resident permit. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by tegrianonigltd(m): 3:50am On Sep 01, 2020
NkemChukwudi:

Look at the assembled Igbo men and point to any that has seen $1m in their life.

Liars!

Now I know why we have buhari as president, youth lack vision, go Alaba, go Oyingbo, go ladipo, go Nnewi, go Onitsha, go market and see Igbo men wey no Dey wear fine cloth Wetin dem Dey control, just enter market, and see billionaires
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Smartjob1(f): 3:54am On Sep 01, 2020
Dont be unfortunate in life.
Pimpmaride:
Liars..

I'm sure they didn't pay the money... They Wana gain sympathy again instead of them to find a solution..

Media sympathy wunt help u in Ghana.... Nigeria is a zoo like we hear.... How can the zoo help now??

Come back home brother.... We all die here gringringringringringrin

Infact all Nigerians in diaspora, come back home. Oooo.

We miss u grin

It started from Lagos then China, happened in the North, it happened in South Africa and now Ghana..

The Chinese, yorubas, northerner, South Africans and Ghanians are jealous of we Igbos.. We are the best tribe in Africa and That is why most nations are jealous of US...

Igbo kwenu
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by godwon01(m): 4:05am On Sep 01, 2020
Which your stand. Let everybody come back home ,then their eyes will open. 1 million dollars is too much money. Where did they get the money. Nigerian littered like papers all over the world.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by SIRRITE: 4:25am On Sep 01, 2020
JonCleary:

A lot of forward thinking Nigerians have emigrated to Ghana simply because the system works over there

Unfortunately an absentee president like Buhari just popped out of nowhere and spoilt everything for them...the truth is that the Fulani oligarchy are determined to keep Nigeria in a state of chaos because that's the only environment where predators like them can thrive.

U guys keep saying over in ghana the system works, how can government systems works when they are asking foreign trader's to pay 1m$, if their system is working how come hoodlums still go and scattered our fellow Nigeria shops, if their system is working why are they violating human rights, make nobody talk anything like system works.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Assembly Election 2023: Osun Speaker, Others Lose As PDP Wins 25 Seats / Obaseki Threatens To Deal With APC Leaders / David Ukpo Asks Court To Stop Biodata Release To Ekweremadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.