Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut (33146 Views)

Our Shops Will Be Demolished Because Igbo Didn't Vote For APC — Alaba Shop Owner / Simon Ekpa Was Paid $1M To Destroy Obi’s Chances — Ohanaeze / Ekpa Was Paid $1m To Destroy Obi’s Chances —Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Jacobx007: 9:09pm On Aug 31, 2020
Obalatule:
Yorubaland is conquered territory, Hausa/Fulani will take half while Igbos take the remaining
Guy you Wicked oooooooo

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by ugbanante: 9:09pm On Aug 31, 2020
When exactly are we Africans going to gather and solve our common problems?
If we cant even encouraged cross boarder trade amongst our selves is it the European countries that will?
Is it a curse to be black?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by martineverest(m): 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2020
KAHBOOM:

Come back and do what in a messed up country?

the country is messed up,but Asians are seeing potentials in it,this investing

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Evercurious(f): 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2020
EastGold:
They ought to flog these traders.

$1m will do a lot in Nigeria business environment

With unstable economic policies in nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Oizee(f): 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2020
Imagine ghana
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by 1Dray(m): 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2020
NkemChukwudi:

Look at the assembled Igbo men and point to any that has seen $1m in their life.

Liars!

You think everyone is poverty stricken like you? Keep whiling away your time on social media while young men are making money.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Notatribalist(m): 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2020
JonCleary:

A lot of forward thinking Nigerians have emigrated to Ghana simply because the system works over there

Unfortunately an absentee president like Buhari just popped out of nowhere and spoilt everything for them...the truth is that the Fulani oligarchy are determined to keep Nigeria in a state of chaos because that's the only environment where predators like them can thrive.
which system work over there?don't say what you don't know..Many Chinese our in Ghana, does it mean Ghana is better than China? Their embassy says about 500,000 Ghanians are living in Nigeria, why are they in Nigeria if the system work in Ghana? I spent 7years in Ghana so I knw what I am talking about.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Sweetcho: 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2020
Notatribalist:
What about Ghanaians in Nigeria?Their envoy said they have about 500,000 Ghanians in Nigeria. I feel really ashame watching this..if you go to Ghana en,you can't even survive in a month if you don't have enough money with you..The economy is a complete mess,yet they can flex muscle with Nigeria. Do you know most of the food they consume in Ghana are from Nigeria? They don't have anything, and yet see what's happening.. I feel like crying mehm..

Then cry!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Toscarel: 9:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
NkemChukwudi:
Idiotic IGBOTIC bloody Liar!!!!!

$1m dollars angry angry angry

You paid $1m you are crying, begging the government to evacuate you from Ghana? where are your Ghanaian lawyers? And you all look like Aro Chukwu residents?

See as he dey breathe heavily, go and see a doctor ASAP!

Abeg GHANA deport them to Onitcha please...we have too many of them in Yorubaland......

Can you see how senseless people like you are the cause of all these disrespect?
Since it's igbo people they can go to hell forgetting that outside Nigeria they don't care. A Nigerian is a Nigerian if you go there you would be treated the same or even worse for your daftness
Your mumu never do

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
EastGold:
They ought to flog these traders.

$1m will do a lot in Nigeria business environment

Tell me one Nigerian business sector where that $1m will double in one year.

That doubling is simply meant for salary, overhead and rent.

I am waiting.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Evercurious(f): 9:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
NkemChukwudi:

You paid $1m you are crying, begging the government to evacuate you from Ghana? where are your Ghanaian lawyers? And you all look like Aro Chukwu residents?

Abeg GHANA deport them to Onitcha please...we have too many of them in Yorubaland......

Naa envy go kill you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Evercurious(f): 9:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
Esseite:
Please the people above.... stop using your poverty to confuse others, not everyone is in your circle.

I tell you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 31, 2020
Killdemboth:

You need mental check.
Is this rubbish supposed to make sense? sad
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Rawhumper(m): 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2020
[

You are not Ibo but its a shame to hide under Ibo name bro.

Anyways you dont have to blame the traders, blame the govt.

U remember when Nigeria and Ghana were 5and 6 but now Nigeria has become toothless giant of Africa.

I really pity those who support this administration selling their conscience because of small benefits they get which doesnt last.

Since my life even the time of thr military, Nigeria has never been like this.

If you are a true lover for the betterment of our land, we need to stop attacking one another this is the GREATEST FEARS OF THE POLITICIANS- UNITY OF NIGERIANS. THEY want us to bicker and remain divided, its high time we all understand this before its late.

Please help spread the word!

quote author=NkemChukwudi post=93435928]Idiotic IGBOTIC bloody Liar!!!!!

[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Lordofthewest(m): 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2020
Bad belle grin. But jokes apart these are the same fools always quick to rubbish Nigeria the moment they mistakenly get visa out of Nigeria forgetting their identity is tied to the country they call zoo
Pimpmaride:
Liars..

I'm sure they didn't pay the money... They Wana gain sympathy again instead of them to find a solution..

Media sympathy wunt help u in Ghana....

Come back home brother.... We all die here gringringringringringrin

Infact all Nigerians in diaspora, come back home. Oooo.

We miss u grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Dayvidblue: 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2020
Yankee101:
If you have 1m$ to invest leave ghana

And come to Nigeria where nothing works abi?
Why do you think foreign investors are running away from Nigeria? If you can figure that out then you'll understand why they find it hard to come back to Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Oludara202: 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2020
A lot people on this platform just know how to blab, it’s easier to say come back home, like Nigeria is without it’s own issues. Most of these guys have lived there all their life and in saner climes they would have been granted citizenship. However our government should just try to work things out with them. I understand the part where he mentioned canvassing for votes with that strategy, who knows if it will keep lingering.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Oizee(f): 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2020
MansoryMX:

Come back to which country? You people will just open mouth and talk as if Nigeria is working effectively. SMEs are depreciating each passing day in this country, so many other factors such as lack of electricity, outrageous taxes both local and state governments, insecurity and many more. Talk another thing abeg
oh! U prefer them to be there and keep being harassed
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Lordofthewest(m): 9:14pm On Aug 31, 2020
NkemChukwudi:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2020
Evangdanyno2017:
tell them to come and invest that money in Nigeria. if they come and invest that money in Nigeria they will create Jobs opportunities to so many people here.
Do you have stable power and good roads? You can't allure businesses with chaos. That was why they left in the first place.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Zenithpeak(m): 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2020
kazeem74:
The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT should come to their aid bc mtn and ShopRite did not leave Nigeria upo the treat yet they are waxing stronger
We should give warning to Ghana government to acccmodate our citizem

ShopRite ke?

Only one man from Ibadan by the name Harry Akande is dealing with them seriously. They are considering running out Nigeria without their briefcase.

Ghana's nemesis is hanging out in a corner, just wait and see.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Lordofthewest(m): 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2020
Then stay in ghana let them smash your useless skull and stop disturbing us to come and help you
KAHBOOM:

Come back and do what in a messed up country?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Evercurious(f): 9:16pm On Aug 31, 2020
gypsey:
liars! none of them have ever come across $20K. for $500,000 one can get an American green card, just invest $500,000 in America. let alone $1 million.

Everyone is not as wretched as you are.. he hasn't seen $20k indeed

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by jrusky(m): 9:16pm On Aug 31, 2020
Notatribalist:
which system work over there?don't say what you don't know..Many Chinese our in Ghana, does it mean Ghana is better than China? Their embassy says about 500,000 Ghanians are living in Nigeria, why are they in Nigeria if the system work in Ghana? I spent 7years in Ghana so I knw what I am talking about.

Bro you said it all. I have visited Ghana on few occassion in recent past sorry nothing is happening in Ghana sentiment apart I kept wondering what my fellow citizen rushing there for I can't understand.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by ggirl4real: 9:16pm On Aug 31, 2020
Notatribalist:
What about Ghanaians in Nigeria?Their envoy said they have about 500,000 Ghanians in Nigeria. I feel really ashame watching this..if you go to Ghana en,you can't even survive in a month if you don't have enough money with you..The economy is a complete mess,yet they can flex muscle with Nigeria. Do you know most of the food they consume in Ghana are from Nigeria? They don't have anything, and yet see what's happening.. I feel like crying mehm..

Na see finish cause am now.

We can reciprocate by chasing them away.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Musty112: 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2020
MansoryMX:

Come back to which country? You people will just open mouth and talk as if Nigeria is working effectively. SMEs are depreciating each passing day in this country, so many other factors such as lack of electricity, outrageous taxes both local and state governments, insecurity and many more. Talk another thing abeg

So we have no working SME in Nigeria? The hatred you ooze is alarming. Detoxify! it is better for you. And to you over there. Shebi it is the fault of Buhari that asked you to go there
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by abbey621(m): 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2020
The best and brightest group in Nigeria is also the weakest! It's like a curse, our Igbo brothers cannot succeed in Igboland because there's nothing there so they go to other lands, develop it, enrich it and then complain when they are reminded that they are just tenants. It happened in Lagos and China, happened in the North, it happened in South Africa and now Ghana.....Must you wait for Lesotho before waking up?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by ggirl4real: 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2020
Dayvidblue:

Na so e easy abi?

I understand but if that's the best option they should take it, otherwise they should stop complaining and endure.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by MansoryMX(m): 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2020
Oizee:
oh! U prefer them to be there and keep being harassed

Well, they have been there all these while. They should meet the appropriate authority and come a reasonable dialogue. As long as you have a valid working permit anywhere in the world you have rights.
Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by eddyslim(m): 9:18pm On Aug 31, 2020
See Ghana dey flex muscle with Nigeria.... Wonders they say shall never end

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by ggirl4real: 9:18pm On Aug 31, 2020
MansoryMX:

Then they should stop complaining and face the xenophobic attack from Ghanaians.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 31, 2020
SIONKPO1:
$1m l,hmmm liar, abeg go collect your money and come to naija and invest it
#1$m=#350m

So you do not know that $1m invested in Nigeria in 2014 will be worthless today? Just imagine you dropped $1m in 2014 and translated at N216/$ and you earned interest at premium rate of 14% compounded would today be worth just $887k? This just taking the impact of exchange rate depreciation and WHT on your investment.
This is without factoring in the impact of unstable electrcity and double taxation, decayed infrastructure, policy summersaults, etc.
You lot think you are living in Nigeria, but by relative standards, Nigerians are just existing. Why do you think businesses are closing shops and many professionals are leaving in droves?
As a business, you practicalky provide your electricy and as an individual, you are your LGA. No power, no water, bad roads, etc.
See how the world sees Nigeria. Moon is our electricity and source of power.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Peter Obi will Not Last If He Wins, He Will Be Impeached / Ndigbo Holds Reception For Fayose Because Of Nnamdi Kanu / Buhari Announces Recovery Of N3.4 Trillion In One Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.