Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? (46271 Views)

How To Register A Business In Nigeria / Step By Step Of How To Register A Company With The Corporate Affairs Commission / CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Eaglemoney(m): 4:05am On Sep 02, 2020
emmy4real94:
so, if I give my name for a search and pay the search fee, and the name already exists, I will still give another name and keep paying search fees??

That's why you need to conduct your name search first before starting the process at all.

Check my profile for contact details. I would help you out at no cost..
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Eaglemoney(m): 4:10am On Sep 02, 2020
omojacobu25:
Who can assist me with cac registration. Am willing to pay.

Check my profile for contact details. I would gladly help you out.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by neonbash0: 4:12am On Sep 02, 2020
Kobicove:

No you don't need to go to Abuja, you can start and complete the process yourself...just go to CAC website and register with your email address...

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

After that you submit 2 names and pay a search fee of about 700Naira

If the names are approved you can then commence the registration process.

All payments are made online

Make sure you save copies of all online receipts you receive

Items you need:
Valid means of identification

An operational email account

A passport photograph

A certificate of competence in the field of area of the type of business you want to register

Your debit card with at least 11K for making payments

You also need access to a scanner cos there is a form you will fill online then later you print it then scan and upload after you have affixed your passport photograph and appended your signature

The whole process can be completed in about 1 week assuming you do everything properly and do not get a query.

NB- When filling the forms there is a section that asks if you need extra copies of certificates and documents, leave this blank. If you request for an extra certificate your fee will be higher.

After scanning the documents you want to upload make sure you name them appropriately so the CAC official who will process your application will not have difficulty identifying them

If you are based in Lagos I will recommend that you select Alausa as your preferred point of collection for your certificate of business name registration
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by codesport(m): 4:45am On Sep 02, 2020
WinLABSstores:
[s][/s]
This is absolutely not true!

You can't complete the process on your own!

CAC itself has empowered 3rd party guys to be doing the process and you have to go through them.
Stop misleading people, this guy in question is talking about business name registration and not incorporation. Business NAME REGISTRATION is actually the processes he outlined there, and you don't need an iota service(s) of any third party in achieving it. Thanks.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by codesport(m): 4:58am On Sep 02, 2020
zigziggy:
it is true every detail is correct except the certificate of competency he made mention,all other details are true,I did my registration and that of my brother from the comfort of my bed room,no third party needed for business registration only on company registration incorporated.. third-party is needed
yeah you are right, I did mine from the comfort of my home too. Certificate of competence was a prerequisite before.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by miqos02(m): 5:37am On Sep 02, 2020
mayowade50:

Please I just got back from zenith Bank to make enquiries on requirements to open a business account, was told they charge 9k for verification from CAC and one naira for every thousand naira transaction. I have no issue with the one naira charge but the 9k for verification is not cool with me at all. Haba! business that I'm just starting, have I even made 9k profit. Please what bank would you suggest is best to open business current account with as per startup biz? Thanks
same with all banks, there is always a charge for CAC search
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by drlateef: 7:27am On Sep 02, 2020
I did it myself online. I paid 11,000 naira because I asked for copies that are not needed and they did not even give them to me except one copy of the certificate and registration form which I completed online. It would be 3000 naira only if you request just one copy each of the two I mentioned. You pay 500 naira to reserve your business name. You don’t need any agent. It took about 1-2 months to get everything done.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Akeem881: 7:37am On Sep 02, 2020
Have you registered business name before? Am sure you have not. You only need a service of lawyer if you want to register for ltd. So don't stiff your nose in what you don't know. I registered my business name last year at CAC office in Kano where I base. Every thing was #11, 200. No third party. The CAC officials will register it for you withing 10 minutes.

CAC itself has empowered 3rd party guys to be doing the process and you have to go through them.
[/quote]
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Prince202020(m): 7:47am On Sep 02, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

Okay, but can I collect the certificate on the person's behalf when it is ready?

No, the person must come by emself, only agents do that but their fee is very high about N25k

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by AdamsAbubakar(m): 9:42am On Sep 02, 2020
Akeem881:
Have you registered business name before? Am sure you have not. You only need a service of lawyer if you want to register for ltd. So don't stiff your nose in what you don't know. I registered my business name last year at CAC office in Kano where I base. Every thing was #11, 200. No third party. The CAC officials will register it for you withing 10 minutes.

Please can I assign someone to collect my certificate for me?
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by samoskyz: 10:51am On Sep 02, 2020
Kobicove:

No you don't need to go to Abuja, you can start and complete the process yourself...just go to CAC website and register with your email address...

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

Items you need:

A passport photograph

A certificate of competence in the field of area of the type of business you want to register

You also need access to a scanner cos there is a form you will fill online then later you print it then scan and upload after you have affixed your passport photograph and appended your signature

The whole process can be completed in about 1 week assuming you do everything properly and do not get a query.

NB- When filling the forms there is a section that asks if you need extra copies of certificates and documents, leave this blank. If you request for an extra certificate your fee will be higher.

After scanning the documents you want to upload make sure you name them appropriately so the CAC official who will process your application will not have difficulty identifying them

If you are based in Lagos I will recommend that you select Alausa as your preferred point of collection for your certificate of business name registration
is this process/ammount(11k) for limited liability company?
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by petitoni(f): 12:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
BREYZ:

Your problem is simple logic.

Your problem is scamming..
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by judecares1(m): 5:15pm On Sep 02, 2020
PLEASE HOW CAN I HAVE MY CRESCENT CODE?I WANT TO REGISTER FOR incorporated trustee

TGM2015:

Get the CAC User Guide by clicking the link below. It will download a pdf file.

https://services.cac.gov.ng/assets/docs/crp-user-guide.pdf
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by judecares1(m): 5:16pm On Sep 02, 2020
PLEASE HOW CAN I HAVE MY CRESCENT CODE?I WANT TO REGISTER FOR incorporated trustee

Prince202020:

No, the person must come by emself, only agents do that but their fee is very high about N25k
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by judecares1(m): 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2020

drlateef:
I did it myself online. I paid 11,000 naira because I asked for copies that are not needed and they did not even give them to me except one copy of the certificate and registration form which I completed online. It would be 3000 naira only if you request just one copy each of the two I mentioned. You pay 500 naira to reserve your business name. You don’t need any agent. It took about 1-2 months to get everything done.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by GreatCracker(m): 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2020
Kobicove:

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

Items you need:

A passport photograph

I will love to quote this for reference purposes.
Thanks for the info
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by BREYZ: 6:35pm On Sep 02, 2020
petitoni:

Your problem is scamming..

Half baked brain
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by louis1995: 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2020
Hi everyone, I want to go through the process, but I am not in the country. Is there still a chance to do it especially considering the point of collection.

2. On their website, I saw a space to put in your NI number which I have lost apparently, is that compulsory please?
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by petitoni(f): 8:36pm On Sep 02, 2020
BREYZ:

Half baked brain

Disgusting maggot.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by BREYZ: 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
petitoni:

Disgusting maggot.

Over grown slowpoke.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by drlateef: 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
judecares1:

Check their document library or list of sample documents on CAC website.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by hartson(m): 8:54pm On Sep 02, 2020
Moyenii:
Hello. I am a lawyer ad a CAC accredited agent. Pls send a DM as regards your business name registration
Thank you .Plz where you base?I am in PH
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by petitoni(f): 9:29pm On Sep 02, 2020
BREYZ:

Over grown slowpoke.

Olórí burúkú jati jati, ọmọ lásán ìkejì ajá.. Ẹni aijiri ẹni aijiko...
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Moyenii(f): 1:28am On Sep 03, 2020
I am in Lagos but that's not a problem.
hartson:
Thank you .Plz where you base?I am in PH
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by BREYZ: 1:44am On Sep 03, 2020
petitoni:

Olórí burúkú jati jati, ọmọ lásán ìkejì ajá.. Ẹni aijiri ẹni aijiko...

Lol. Tribalistic idiot. Woman of easy virtue grin grin whatever you said in that your useless tribal language will follow you and your useless generation for a billion years.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by onenaira(m): 3:23am On Sep 03, 2020
Which Money Making Skills Can You Learn Today?

Is it Mini importation?
Is it Blogging?
Is it Affiliate marketing

I will recommend affiliate marketing for the newbies because it is the easiest way to make money online
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is the easiest way to make money anywhere in the world. The most interesting thing is that you can now make huge amount of cash as an affiliate marketer here in Nigeria and get paid into your local bank account. It is act of promoting products online (digital/physical) to get a commission. Whenever a sale is made through your Recommendation, you get paid instantly.
You can learn how to sell OTHER people's products and getting a nice commission of 50%. You can make btw 10K - 50k daily

Click the below link for instant access
http://sotechworld.com/earn50k
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Prince202020(m): 6:49am On Sep 03, 2020
judecares1:

Please check this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2971152/how-open-business-name-cac/28#85974248

You can contact Deconsultant for help he is an agent with CAC.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Greatzeus(m): 9:11am On Sep 03, 2020
WinLABSstores:
[s][/s]

You shouldn't have cancelled his post. He made the best contribution so far. Even if it can't be completed on your own,he still gave notable information.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by hartson(m): 11:25am On Sep 03, 2020
Moyenii:
I am in Lagos but that's not a problem.
OK,I don't want long distance thing.I had rather arrange with an authorised lawyer here.I know where their office is.Thanks for wanting to assist.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by honsule(m): 11:40am On Sep 03, 2020
judecares1:

it is CONSENT CODE wink U apply to RG's online to get a consent code. consult a professional to avoid trial and error wink
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by judecares1(m): 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2020
thanks for your response,i have limited resource hence i decide doing it on my own,please can you give me the site which i can use to apply for the consent code?
please assist me

honsule:

it is CONSENT CODE wink U apply to RG's online to get a consent code. consult a professional to avoid trial and error wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

First Bank Is Receiving Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes Nationwide (Photos) / Court Seals Shoprite In Umuahia Over Loan Default (photos) / Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.