Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? (46276 Views)

How To Register A Business In Nigeria / Step By Step Of How To Register A Company With The Corporate Affairs Commission / CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by jacoik(m): 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2020
WinLABSstores:
[s][/s]
This is absolutely not true!

You can't complete the process on your own!

CAC itself has empowered 3rd party guys to be doing the process and you have to go through them.
and who is the 3rd guys. lawyers?
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2020
It's just ₦10,500 for business name and you don't need anybody to do it for you if you are literate.

Registration steps for Business Names

Check for availability of the Business Name (click here). Read more about name reservationand Reserve a new Name (click here)
Complete pre-registration form – CAC-BNo1 (Online using Company Registration Portal)
Pay filing fee Check the Fees for our Services here
Steps 1-3 can be completed on the COMPANY REGISTRATION PORTAL (CRP)
Prepare the signed scan copy of your pre-registration documents for upload as follows:
Application form
Filing fee receipt
Means of identification for the proprietor (s)
Upload the scanned documents for processing. (click here)

Note: Individual/Proprietors can register business names without the services of the legal practitioner, chartered Accountant or Chartered Secretary.

But you'll need professional if your registration is for company and make sure it's your lawyer

Corporate Affairs Commission registration fees

The fee of reserving the name of your company – 500 Naira.
Fee for registering a private company that has a share capital of less than or equal to 1 million Naira - 10,000 Naira.
Fee for registering a private company that has a share capital of more than 1 million Naira and up to 500 million Naira - 5,000 Naira for every 1 million Naira share capital or part of it.
Fee for registering a private company that has a share capital above 500 million Naira - 7,500 Naira for each 1 million Naira share capital or part of a million.
Fee for registering a public company that has a share capital worth 1 Million Naira or less - 20,000 Naira.
Fee for registering a public company that has a share capital worth more than 1 million Naira and up to 500 million Naira - 10,000 Naira for each 1 million Naira share capital or part of a million.
Fee for registering a Public Company that has a share capital of more than 500 million Naira - 15,000 Naira for each 1 million Naira share capital or part of a million.
Fee for registering a company that does not have a share capital - 20,000 Naira.
Fee for filing of a notice of exemption of a foreign company from registration - 30,000 Naira.
Fee for reinstatement or relisting a company’s name - 25,000 Naira.
Fee for registering charges for a private company - 10,000 Naira for each 1 million Naira or part of a million.
Fee for registering charges for a public company - 20,000 Naira for each 1 Million Naira or part of 1 million.
To file the annual return for a small company - 2,000 Naira.
To file the annual return for a Private company that is not a small company - 3,000 Naira.
To file the annual return for a public company - 5,000 Naira.
To file the annual return for a company Limited by Guarantee - 5,000 Naira.
To file the annual report of a foreign company - 5,000 Naira.
Letter of Good Standing - 10,000 Naira.
Other filings (miscellaneous) - 2,000 Naira.
Certified true copy of the certificate of Registering - 10,000 Naira.
Certified true copies of memorandum and articles of association - 3,000 Naira.
Electronic Search - 1,000 Naira per company.
Manual Search by customers - 2,000 Naira per company file.
Manual Search Report prepared by officers of the Commission - 5,000 Naira.
Certified true copies of other documents - 2,000 Naira per document.

These are just the CAC registration fees that apply to registering a company. There are other service charge or fees by the Corporate Affairs Commission such as change of company’s name/address, registration or change of business name, registration/filling of Incorporated Trustee, penalties, etc. You can find a complete list of all CAC registration fees and other transaction charges here.

The process of Company Registration in Nigeria

These are the steps to follow for company registration in Nigeria:
ADVERTISING

The first thing before you register your company is to check if the name you have proposed for your company is available, i.e., has not been used by another company. You can visit this link to check.
The next thing is to reserve the name you have chosen if it is available.
After reserving a name, you will need to complete a pre-registration form, the CAC1.1 form online via Corporate Affairs Commission company registration portal.
Next, pay the filing fee to Corporate Affairs Commission.
Pay the stamp duty fee to Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).
Note you can complete steps 4 and 5 also on the CAC company registration portal.
Prepare a signed, scanned copy of the pre-registration documents. These documents include:

The CAC1.1 form
Memorandum and Article of Association (MEMART)
Certificate of proficiency where it is applicable
A recognition form for director(s), secretary and subscriber(s)
Payment evidence to Corporate Affairs Commission

8. Upload all the signed, scanned documents for processing.

9. You are to submit all the original copies of the document you uploaded to the Corporate Affairs Commission office of your choice to obtain your certificate of registration and certified true copies of other documents.
Corporate Affairs Commission services

Corporate Affairs Commission has offices in each state which you can find here. To register your company or make more inquiries about the Corporate Affairs Commission, visit their nearest office in your state or visit their website at http://new.cac.gov.ng.

©Legit.ng

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by nencounter10: 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2020
WinLABSstores:
[s][/s]

CAC itself has empowered 3rd party guys to be doing the process and you have to go through them.

That's not true. I completed the process by myself.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Dbarrzx: 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2020
WinLABSstores:
[s][/s]

CAC itself has empowered 3rd party guys to be doing the process and you have to go through the
m.

..No Baba
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by gbakejia: 1:25pm On Sep 01, 2020
I need N1 million and I intend to drop 2 plots of lands in Ibeju Lekki, lagos as collateral. Please I am ready to any interest rate. Please you can reach me on 09036497815[b][/b]
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Daguccizgreat(m): 1:28pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

You can conclude the whole process with just under 11K if you do it yourself
Bro e go pass like that ooo. I did mine in 2014 and I spent more that 10k
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by liquidmetall: 1:30pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

No you don't need to go to Abuja, you can start and complete the process yourself...just go to CAC website and register with your email address...

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

After that you submit 2 names and pay a search fee of about 700Naira

If the names are approved you can then commence the registration process.

All payments are made online

Make sure you save copies of all online receipts you receive

Items you need:
Valid means of identification

An operational email account

A passport photograph

A certificate of competence in the field of area of the type of business you want to register

Your debit card with at least 11K for making payments

You also need access to a scanner cos there is a form you will fill online then later you print it then scan and upload after you have affixed your passport photograph and appended your signature

The whole process can be completed in about 1 week assuming you do everything properly and do not get a query.

NB- When filling the forms there is a section that asks if you need extra copies of certificates and documents, leave this blank. If you request for an extra certificate your fee will be higher.

After scanning the documents you want to upload make sure you name them appropriately so the CAC official who will process your application will not have difficulty identifying them

If you are based in Lagos I will recommend that you select Alausa as your preferred point of collection for your certificate of business name registration

How can an importer like me get certificate of competence ?
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by BREYZ: 1:31pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

No you don't need to go to Abuja, you can start and complete the process yourself...just go to CAC website and register with your email address...

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

Items you need:

A passport photograph

A certificate of competence in the field of area of the type of business you want to register

You also need access to a scanner cos there is a form you will fill online then later you print it then scan and upload after you have affixed your passport photograph and appended your signature

The whole process can be completed in about 1 week assuming you do everything properly and do not get a query.

NB- When filling the forms there is a section that asks if you need extra copies of certificates and documents, leave this blank. If you request for an extra certificate your fee will be higher.

After scanning the documents you want to upload make sure you name them appropriately so the CAC official who will process your application will not have difficulty identifying them

If you are based in Lagos I will recommend that you select Alausa as your preferred point of collection for your certificate of business name registration

BUSY BODY YOU WANT MAKE THEM ENTER EXPRESS ABI.

IF YOU NEED ADVISE ON REGISTRATION OF BUSINESS REACH KINDLY REACH ME ON 08135873718. IT IS FREE OF CHARGE.

N/B: DPNT LISTEN TO ANYONE THAT SAYS YOU CAN DO IT ALL YOURSELF. YOU NEED PROPER GUIDANCE.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by BREYZ: 1:33pm On Sep 01, 2020
nencounter10:

That's not true. I completed the process by myself.

SO YOU DIDNT ASK QUESTIONS? YOU DID IT YOURSELF? I DOUBT grin grin
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by realhovaps(m): 1:34pm On Sep 01, 2020
sodiqapril:
Before you think of registering your business, read the new cama law..may Ur egungun no enter express

Dont you think it would still be necessary to register the business?
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by richybanky(m): 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2020
Udeme288:

They're telling you pending approval right?? I have the same issue.
Yes pending approval for like 2 weeks now.. I don't know what is causing delay

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by sal1974: 1:39pm On Sep 01, 2020
WinLABSstores:
[s][/s]

Every explanation given above is right, you can complete the process by yourself if you have the know how,but if not you can contact a third party to do it for you
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by petitoni(f): 1:42pm On Sep 01, 2020
BREYZ:

BUSY BODY YOU WANT MAKE THEM ENTER EXPRESS ABI.

IF YOU NEED ADVISE ON REGISTRATION OF BUSINESS REACH KINDLY REACH ME ON 08135873718. IT IS FREE OF CHARGE.

N/B: DPNT LISTEN TO ANYONE THAT SAYS YOU CAN DO IT ALL YOURSELF. YOU NEED PROPER GUIDANCE.

I did mine myself in the comfort of my home.. My certificate is with me... No third party.. Nothing nothing..

Please poster be careful of those people saying you need third party, they are scammers, they only want to make money out of you..
Fact! �

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by sal1974: 1:45pm On Sep 01, 2020
richybanky:

Yes pending approval for like 2 weeks now.. I don't know what is causing delay
This also applies to me,it has been pending approval since over 2 months,I hope the issue is resolve as the lockdown eases
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by emmabest2000(m): 1:45pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kobicove:

www.services.CAC.gov.ng

Items you need:

A passport photograph

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by AdamsAbubakar(m): 1:47pm On Sep 01, 2020
zigziggy:
it is true every detail is correct except the certificate of competency he made mention,all other details are true,I did my registration and that of my brother from the comfort of my bed room,no third party needed for business registration only on company registration incorporated.. third-party is needed

So you didn't like travel to any head office?
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by sal1974: 1:47pm On Sep 01, 2020
petitoni:

I did mine myself in the comfort of my home.. My certificate is with me... No third party.. Nothing nothing..

Please poster be careful of those people saying you need third party, they are scammers, they only want to make money out of you..
Fact! �
They might not necessarily be scammers that might be their own hussle
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by petitoni(f): 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2020
[quote author=BREYZ post=93459104]

SO YOU DIDNT ASK QUESTIONS? YOU DID IT YOURSELF? I DOUBT grin grin[/que]

If you are well literate, you don't need to ask questions, once you get to the cac website, the guide and step to register is there for you to read and follow.. Very easy

Once you have all the requirements, then you have no problem.

All the you need third party people should go and find another job biko, people can now do the registration of cac by themselves..
Time of using it to make money out of people has passed..
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 01, 2020
IYANGBALI:
You need nothing less than 500k
Isn't it better to shut your mouth and learn instead of posting rubbish

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by NaijaCover(m): 1:54pm On Sep 01, 2020
Get In touch with If you want to register your business with CAC
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by muller101(m): 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2020
jacoik:
please how did you do it abeg
Visit their site and start the registration. If you don't have NIN you need to register for that first.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by realhovaps(m): 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2020
kolagbemi:
Don't let anybody deceive you, you can conveniently register a "business name" by yourself.

Remember "Business name is different from a limited liability company. You will need a lawyer to register a LTD company" but if your business is a sole proprietorship or an ordinary partnership, all you need is a "business name registration" and you don't need a lawyer except you wish to outsource it to them.

Just got

https://www.cac.gov.ng/

Click on "public search" and type the name of the company you wish to register to ensure the name is available. Check every name listed and see if a close name already exists, if not or it's a bit distinct from the listed,

then go to the next option

Online Registration, click on it and begin.

CAC made the process very easy...ask questions or Google anything you do not understand.

Don't be scared of "query" I got query during my registration and made corrections.

I registered my own company.

Good luck.

Was yours an LLC?
how much would it cost to register an LLC ?
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by petitoni(f): 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2020
sal1974:

They might not necessarily be scammers that might be their own hussle

Then they should allow people that doesn't want to go through doing it themselves willingly come to them for their services... Instead of trying hard to convince people is impossible without third party when some of us know is clearly not true.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by maasoap(m): 1:57pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kentuforchrist:
u can go to their office to confirm the price...not here

Why not here? People here register business names all the time. Every naira you're going pay is already on their website, why going up and down again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by maasoap(m): 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
vixpal:
N10000 you can do it yourself. It was even N5000 during CAC promo. Visit https://services.cac.gov.ng/ get it done
Simple as ABC..XYZ

Don't allow anyone scam you...it is very easy with your phone

I did mine during the promo.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by maasoap(m): 2:00pm On Sep 01, 2020
WinLABSstores:
[s][/s]

Liar! Many of us did it ourselves, we only went to their office to collect the certificate.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by nencounter10: 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2020
BREYZ:

SO YOU DIDNT ASK QUESTIONS? YOU DID IT YOURSELF? I DOUBT grin grin

Somebody already gave detailed information above.

It is straight forward. A two step process. You first do a name seach for three different names at N700 naira to find out if
one or more of the names have not already been registered by someone else. That is called name search.

If the name search is successful , you then proceed to register a successfully searched name( name not already registered by someone else). Register at on of name cost about N10,000.

Let him just follow the detailed instructions already given by someone above
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by maasoap(m): 2:02pm On Sep 01, 2020
sidonlook:

Where can I get this, if my business is buying and selling ?

I didn't use or upload anything of such and my certificate was issued
superability:

I'm not the Op...
But thanks...

Please I can one get a certificate of competence... For instance, I do data retailing and other stuffs... How can I get certificate of such... Since u said one needs a certificate of competence in the area of business one is registering?
Not necessary at all
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by 9jajoseph: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
Reformer transport?
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Kobicove(m): 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2020
streetsoldier1:

Ok, thanks so much, in an instance that i'm an engineer but Want to register my fish farm business, do i just submit my B.Tech certificate ?

Yes I think that will do
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Kobicove(m): 2:16pm On Sep 01, 2020
liquidmetall:

How can an importer like me get certificate of competence ?

Your Bsc cert or any other cert you have should be okay
Re: How Much Do I Need To Register A Business Name With CAC? by Depressed101: 2:18pm On Sep 01, 2020
muller101:
11k. Just finished mine yesterday
how did you go about the certificate of competence. I am doing my businesses online. I want to register a cac

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Court Seals Shoprite In Umuahia Over Loan Default (photos) / Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship / How Much Do I Need To Open A Betting Shop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.