Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Frontpage Server Extension Error: - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Frontpage Server Extension Error: (573 Views)

Why Are Almost All Topics Making Frontpage Anyhow On NL? / Did You Make Nairaland Frontpage In 2012? / My Nairaland Frontpage "Mod" For SMF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frontpage Server Extension Error: by zogo(m): 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2011
my web account has refused to install frontpage server extensions, this has affected me publishing my fronpage site. pls what could be the problem? Thanks
Re: Frontpage Server Extension Error: by zogo(m): 5:25pm On Feb 21, 2011
pls i need help on this
Re: Frontpage Server Extension Error: by yawatide(f): 8:14pm On Feb 21, 2011
contact your web host and see what's up. In the future though, consider developing your sites in any IDE that doesn't create dependencies (in this case, frontpage extensions) so that you are not held to ransom.

My point: The time it would have taken you to track down this error is time you would have used to code/upload 5 "dependency-free" pages. Think about coding in dreamweaver or homesite, just a couple of examples.

Good luck. Let us know how it works out for you.
Re: Frontpage Server Extension Error: by zogo(m): 10:42am On Feb 22, 2011
@ Yawa, thanks for contributing. i contacted the host, but it's taking them much time to respond. thts the problem with Nigerian business. But i want to ask, can i publish with some other ways?
Re: Frontpage Server Extension Error: by yawatide(f): 12:11pm On Feb 22, 2011
Sure. If you know what you are doing, you could FTP the files directly to the server.
Re: Frontpage Server Extension Error: by zogo(m): 1:11pm On Feb 22, 2011
Thanks man for your concern here. pls how do i FTP my files to my web account since the frontpage server extension is not installed. Tenx man
Re: Frontpage Server Extension Error: by yawatide(f): 4:05pm On Feb 22, 2011
Get an FTP program, like ws_ftp, log in to your account and transfer the files you have to the right directories and all should be fine.
Re: Frontpage Server Extension Error: by zogo(m): 10:20pm On Feb 22, 2011
pls wats ws-ftp and how to get it?? can i use file zilla program??
Re: Frontpage Server Extension Error: by yawatide(f): 10:24pm On Feb 22, 2011
filezilla is equally fine. Go to download.com for others. Some are free while some have a trial period, assuming you don't want to buy.
Re: Frontpage Server Extension Error: by zogo(m): 11:07am On Feb 24, 2011
am thinking of transfering the domain, to another server

(1) (Reply)

Send Me Yr Quotes / Mielno / Hosting Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.