Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,798 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City (71093 Views)

Lionel Messi's Father, Jorge 'Is Already In Manchester Negotiating With City' / Dybala 'asks For £350,000 A Week To Join Man United / TECNO Renews Partnership With Manchester City Football Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by lordkay10(m): 9:49pm On Sep 01, 2020
As a Ronaldo fan, I'm in so much pains with this news. Now Messi will have the record of the world's most expensive signing and the most Ballon D'or in history. Time to dump CR7 for team Messi cry

4 Likes

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by MosheDayan: 9:50pm On Sep 01, 2020
PaschalWooden:
Wow shocked shocked shocked
Formal Announcement!

I'm officially a ManCity fan; Barca; thanks for the entertainment over the years.

Fwd ever>>>
grin angry grin grin grin grin
Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by TechExpertise: 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2020
TheZebra:
Still doesn't change the fact that he won't still win the champions league there, city can never win the champions league
when a zebra talks

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by Reuben700: 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2020
Abeg dear mr Messi help me tear down that Man U defense so the go go buy defenders

1 Like

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by rapid101(m): 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2020
Fulks217:
City will later regret it when they go bankrupt
if u don't know Wht to type plz save ur mb

any way messi welcome to my beloved city
the best team in d world
u re highly welcome but in between

cr7 is the goat of all time
grin

5 Likes

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by abdsamad(m): 9:56pm On Sep 01, 2020
Imagine the disaster if messi gets a terrible injury in the first match and he's out for a whole season.

People will go mad
Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by kramer: 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2020
This isn't confirmed from any reputable source, BBC, SKY Sports, Man City, Barcelona etc... Until then it's fake news!!!
Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by mariahAngel(f): 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2020
It took Ronaldo leaving La liga to kill the excitement for Messi.
You see how influential Ronaldo was? I am very sure Messi has come to have deep respect for Ronaldo now that he's about to take this huge step in his life.
Leaving is one thing, leaving when the ovation is loudest? Now, that is a whole different story. Only Ronaldo can dare to do that.

7 Likes

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by osazsky(m): 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2020
TheZebra:
Still doesn't change the fact that he won't still win the champions league there, city can never win the champions league
even if he doesn't atleast we can now enjoy good football in d EPL dont u think the premier league is too dull cuz of too many long balls have u watched the Spanish league. No need to mention Italian league that one is for the old and weary

1 Like

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by andyanders: 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2020
Good investiment by Man City 'cus in long term, they get their money back. They are business wise as Messi's endorsement deals is a plus for both.

Don't know why some people keep shouting 'bad deal' by man city.

1 Like

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by sounwave: 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2020
sweetgala:

Can you imagine this kind of mad business. 700 million give year contract for a 33 year old injury prone striker unproven in the premier league.

Terrible business, a two year contract would have been perfect with a renewal clause based on performance
Injury prone?? You obviously know nothing about Messi. BTW, he has 26 goals and 6 assists in 34 matches against English opposition. So unless you're a hater, I don't see any reason why you would think he would be a flop.

4 Likes

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by Liposure: 10:01pm On Sep 01, 2020
Watch out for next season
Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by osazsky(m): 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2020
Reuben700:
Abeg dear mr Messi help me tear down that Man U defense so the go go buy defenders
I thought u guys said he was not good that he cant play in d EPL or are u one of those my come and be going blothers

1 Like

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by Chucks234: 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2020
WriterNig:

Lionel Messi has reportedly agreed a €700m deal with City Football Group, to move to Manchester City.

Lionel Messi's decision to quit Barcelona for Manchester City is to be rewarded with a contract that will cement the multiple Ballon d'Or winner's status as the highest-paid individual in the history of the sport.

Record Sport understands that Messi has agreed financial terms worth €700million (currently £623m) over the course of five years in the employ of City Football Group, the Premier League club's holding company.

Messi - who on Sunday underlined last week's unilateral recision of the final year of his Barcelona contract by failing to report for mandatory COVID testing at the club – is expected to spend three seasons at Manchester City before moving to CFG's Major League Soccer franchise New York City FC.

The deal allows the group's Abu Dhabi ownership to employ the footballer they have coveted above all others since buying into European football 12 years ago at CFG's two most prominent clubs, with a degree of flexibility retained over the exact timing of Messi's cross-Atlantic switch.

According to a source familiar with the negotiations, Messi has been offered an equity stake in CFG as part of his compensation package.

However, there are complications involved in the valuation of shares in a sports company that City stated was worth a heady $4.8billion upon announcing a $500m equity investment from a US tech company last year. The Argentina international may ultimately prefer to be remunerated in cash.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lionel-messis-incredible-manchester-city-22613144

https://twitter.com/goal/status/1300874631566503944?s=20

Fake news
Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by candygist: 10:03pm On Sep 01, 2020
Fulks217:

Relax. Later you will say Messi is scared of coming to England. He wants to make it happen. And you are complaining. Waiting una really want ?

5 Likes

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by osazsky(m): 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2020
lordkay10:
As a Ronaldo fan, I'm in so much pains with this news. Now Messi will have the record of the world's most expensive signing and the most Ballon D'or in history. Time to dump CR7 for team Messi cry
no serious club will agree this kind of salary with Ronaldo na.ronaldo is a kid..the best he can get will be 170m.no ambitious club will take this risk on a palm win tapin..anyone can score penalty na.we know he keeps moving cuz of sex.let me now see the premier league that they keep bragging abt..imagine someone mentioning manguire and bailly's as players na wah o wonders shall never end

1 Like

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by Bar1941(m): 10:08pm On Sep 01, 2020
Hmmmmmm........
City signing Messi, Chelsea made a lot of great signings, Man U is yet to make any reasonable signing! I no know who Man U offend ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by Slurity(m): 10:08pm On Sep 01, 2020
Fulks217:
. You don't think man city will make huge money from messi. You quickly forgot who we are talking about here? That man city stadium will full to capacity and messi jersey alone will pay back large part of the contract

5 Likes

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by abimic(m): 10:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
Barca is finally coming to man city, two clubs to be merged together as one. EPl would be so interesting, hopefully this deal sees the light of the day.

3 Likes

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by craigkoel1989: 10:11pm On Sep 01, 2020
The same la Liga people are saying is very easy is where hazard that lit the premier league is stuggling
It is well

2 Likes

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by Benbellamor: 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2020
Fulks217:
City did not even know that you exist neither do they need your empty prophecy...
Bad belle...

3 Likes

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by osazsky(m): 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2020
Bar1941:
Hmmmmmm........
City signing Messi, Chelsea made a lot of great signings, Man U is yet to make any reasonable signing! I no know who Man U offend ooo.
man u is bankrupt now...u dont pay Sanchez 500k a week for sitting on d bench for 4 years it will take 10 years to recoup what the scam mou did to that club.a club that celebrates impunity and laxity cant go forward na so arsenal and Nottingham prob take start.man u following the same path.no ambitious player will come to man u they did even prefer asenal
Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by Sammyolis: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2020
Lesson move closer to god because ur babalawo fit die tomorrow, trust less because no one believe say messi fit leave barca

1 Like

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by osazsky(m): 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2020
craigkoel1989:
The same la Liga people are saying is very easy is where hazard that lit the premier league is stuggling
It is well
ignore them..bale leg and hazard leg nor they touch ball before them run with ball one invisible player don remove am thru thier back na wah o.those midfielders are wicked.they wont even give u time to think before collecting the ball from u.i feel for hazard.wrong move so painful.he now looks ordinary like the person he replaced who is now in juve

2 Likes

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by lordkay10(m): 10:16pm On Sep 01, 2020
osazsky:
no serious club will agree this kind of salary with Ronaldo na.ronaldo is a kid..the best he can get will be 170m.no ambitious club will take this risk on a palm win tapin..anyone can score penalty na. we know he keeps moving cuz of sex. let me now see the premier league that they keep bragging abt..imagine someone mentioning manguire and bailly's as players na wah o wonders shall never end
LMAO @ bolded grin grin grin
Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by CAUSTIC002: 10:16pm On Sep 01, 2020
all these big money they throw around ruined football

1 Like

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by osazsky(m): 10:17pm On Sep 01, 2020
I am not seeing this news on goal.com..sky news looks fake to me..seung where are ur mods
Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by Reuben700: 10:21pm On Sep 01, 2020
osazsky:
I thought u guys said he was not good that he cant play in d EPL or are u one of those my come and be going blothers
Dats if he can do it nah
Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by sterlingD(m): 10:21pm On Sep 01, 2020
Na wao

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by Heybeedee(m): 10:23pm On Sep 01, 2020
osazsky:
ignore them..bale leg and hazard leg nor they touch ball before them run with ball one invisible player don remove am thru thier back na wah o.those midfielders are wicked.they wont even give u time to think before collecting the ball from u.i feel for hazard.wrong move so painful.he now looks ordinary like the person he replaced who is now in juve
You are such a disrespectful fellow O mr man.. na your Goat's GOAT you dey address comparing Hazard abi gizzard to ba?

2 Likes

Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by TruthHurts100: 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2020
TheZebra:

You have to be calming down fam! grin grin grin
Re: Messi Has Reached A Final Agreement With City Football Group, To Join Man City by Angelfrost(m): 10:26pm On Sep 01, 2020
Fulks217:

Bankrupt??! On top 700 million??! Lol... You really don't know how wealthy their owners are!!! What is 700 million to the Abu Dhabi empire?!! grin

The only issue for them is balancing the books in order to escape UEFA FFP wrath. This is quite unlikely, except they sell off at least 4 top players!!!

Worst case scenario they collect 2 transfer windows ban!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Inside Cristiano Ronaldo's N3.6 Million Per Night Holiday Villa In Greece / #WorldCup: Alisson Becker, Brazil’s Goalkeeper Goes Viral (Photos) / Manchester United Will Pay Odion Ighalo £10.5m To Keep Him Until January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.