Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) (69581 Views)

3rd Mainland Bridge Is Now Fully Open (See Photos) / Lagos' Fourth Mainland Bridge To Be Africa's Second Longest Bridge / The Making Of ₦1.3 Trillion Russian-Built Europe’s Longest Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by leTrizzle: 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
erico2k2:

This is Unique and must be embraced, people of the Uk have names like Fox and Wood, U don't see anyone going about ridiculing them, Africans embrace ur identity and culture pls.
There are names like that in hausa. Names like "Mai turare".
Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by CzarChris(m): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
anastasius:
Why do Ijaw people bear funny names? Someone bearing police, Helpme, Nurse etc. I don't understand
That one good sef, met a pretty Ijaw girl a while ago, her name is millions.......as in "MILLIONS". I didn't bother asking her surname, because I was diligently searching for a faint space after I heard her name.gringringrin

Weird names I tell you weird names.

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2020
sageb:
police and nurse-ere, yes it is true. But that "help me" is a lie, no one bears such a name.

Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by sageb: 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2020
Kharol1234:
Heineken sef
yes! Senator. Heineken lokpobiri
Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by flyingpig: 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2020
Afam4eva:

Make i come begin dey do conversion from KM to M?
I seriously wonder what kind reportage was that. He couldnt use one unit for the two bridges. That way, it's easier to compare and contrast both; especially for non-science leaning readers.
Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2020
erico2k2:

This is Unique and must be embraced, people of the Uk have names like Fox and Wood, U don't see anyone going about ridiculing them, Africans embrace ur identity and culture pls.
Huh? Ur point?
Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2020
banio:

Thought You just celebrated the name " Boseman "
A Nigerian bearing such is funny. Stfu
Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by NwaIgboBoy(m): 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2020
long... longer... longest

bad... badder... baddest

Buhari... buharia... buhariest

me... mena... menest

you...youa...youest
Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by Millimann: 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ent3rpreneur:
Posting on behalf of Swallow me

Damnnnnnmmm nigarrrrrr
Isoright.

Na all these kind thing guy man go look finish, e go come say fcck it.
Make i light my weed joor, bang pvssy, it's been all night bombing.
Light your Kush and relax, e good, twice on a Tuesday

You killed it mehnnn grin grin grin
Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by bluefilm: 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2020
Afam4eva:

Make i come begin dey do conversion from KM to M?

Let me help you out.

1Kilometer = 1000meters

∴ 1.6 Kilometers = 1.6 X 1000meters = 1600 meters

Conclusion: The Onitsha Bridge(which is 1.6Km according to this report), is far much longer than the Ibeno Bridge(which is 600meters according to this report) by 1000meters or 1Km

2 Likes

Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by anonimi: 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2020
NkanAkpanika:
Ibeno bridge is said to be the longest bridge in South South Nigeria built by NDDC for 13 years..
The bridge lay on top of the Atlantic ocean linking Ibeno main land in Akwa Ibom to its Island community of okoroutip and many others .

While the Onitsha to Asaba Bridge is 1.6 km, ibeno Bridge is 600m long laying on top of the Atlantic ocean...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSMnsX_5RGc

That looks like a lagoon rather than an ocean.
Kindly confirm.

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by AMvanquish: 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2020
joviegghead:
Hmm.

Okay we've heard na.

Don't mean to compare, but any bridge that doesn't beat 3rd mainland bridge doesn't impress me.

Does this one beat it? I think not.
Took 13 years to build this bridge of 1.6 km? Just imagine.

It took 10 years to build 3rd mainland bridge of 11.8 km. That's x10 in length of this one, with 3 years excess.

Now tell me, what's there to celebrate or know? The increasing inefficiency in executing social projects? Damn right!

They just used the bridge to siphon money. Imagine 13 years for a 1.6 km bridge. If they were really serious, just think of the many Big projects they could have accomplished within that period. At least they have finished this one.
Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by SocialJustice: 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2020
NDDC management and lies. Over which ocean did they build, river linking the ocean has turned to ocean. I guess the water body at Koko can also be called ocean.
Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by Uchasa(m): 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
That is thrash!!!! The longest bridge in South South is at Rivers not Akwa Ibom

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by goaldynboy: 4:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
No! Its not longer or scarier that Ethiope bridge in delta state.
Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by AkwaIbomMan(m): 4:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
[s]
joviegghead:
Hmm.

Okay we've heard na.

Don't mean to compare, but any bridge that doesn't beat 3rd mainland bridge doesn't impress me.

It took 10 years to build 3rd mainland bridge of 11.8 km. That's x10 in length of this one, with 3 years excess.

Now tell me, what's there to celebrate or know? The increasing inefficiency in executing social projects? Damn right!
[/s] empty headed afonja shut the fvck up

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by AkwaIbomMan(m): 4:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
laosy:
Mtcheeew, is that the whole south south achievement??
what is the achievement of your useless region?
Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by friday2011(m): 4:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ent3rpreneur:
Posting on behalf of Swallow me

Damnnnnnmmm nigarrrrrr
Isoright.

Na all these kind thing guy man go look finish, e go come say fcck it.
Make i light my weed joor, bang pvssy, it's been all night bombing.
Light your Kush and relax, e good, twice on a Tuesday

twice on a Tuesday

Today na Wednesday ooo...

Slawormir will not be impressed with you. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by AkwaIbomMan(m): 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2020
JennyEva:

Then edit the rubbish you wrote
and what is the rubbish he wrote? I wonder how you uncivilised fellows can't make a correction without insults

3 Likes

Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by AkwaIbomMan(m): 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2020
ptolemy247:

The Patani bridge, built by setraco, is 850m, and I don't know if it's the longest in the south-south region
separating Delta and Bayelsa right?

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by AkwaIbomMan(m): 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2020
tutudesz:
Yes should be
is it really that long? letrizzle you can help with a pics
Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by AkwaIbomMan(m): 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
Exjoker:
It depend on which side you are talking about the bridge from. It is also called Asaba Bridge too. But agreed, the bridge is more economical important to Onitsha than Asaba since that is the major road linking her to western part of Nigeria.
so correct
Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by AkwaIbomMan(m): 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2020
tutudesz:

The longest in Nigeria Delta for sure, I heard Bomadi bridge is also long. Na only boat I dey fly pass, one of this days will drive down
I've never taken the East West road before but I heard that bridge is very long
Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by AkwaIbomMan(m): 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2020
Batam:

Why are you misleading people that the bridge was built on Atlantic ocean?
The bridge was actually built on Qua Iboe river in Akwa Ibom State.
The bridge compare to Lekki-Ikoyi bridge is not standard enough ( Just a two lane bridge in this modern era.

SocialJustice:
NDDC management and lies. Over which ocean did they build, river linking the ocean has turned to ocean. I guess the water body at Koko can also be called ocean.
anonimi:

That looks like a lagoon rather than an ocean.
Kindly confirm.

Dootty:
Bridge is not on top the Atlantic Ocean, just a river leading to the ocean.
yeah the OP doesn't seem to recognize that it's the Qua Oboe River that empties itself to the Atlantic Ocean

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by tonyson010(m): 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
joviegghead:
Hmm.

Okay we've heard na.

Am impressed to learn that we have such long bridge in Nigeria
Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by AkwaIbomMan(m): 5:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
goaldynboy:
No! Its not longer or scarier that Ethiope bridge in delta state.
scarier ke
Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by LadySarah: 5:03pm On Sep 02, 2020
Damage control by nndc. I will soon show one of their wonderful projects
Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by Mcreloaded(m): 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2020
chuka5000:

onitsha bridge AKA Niger bridge is at the South eastern part of Nigeria, that's why it's called onitsha bridge and not asaba bridge.

Biafra never reach una hand na to dey drag bridge with south south wey una dey lobby to join una.

See why Biafra is dead on arrival. Where the bridge start from and where it end?

Dey there dey drag bridge wey you no know the begining or the end of

3 Likes

Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by Franking: 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2020
chuka5000:

onitsha bridge AKA Niger bridge is at the South eastern part of Nigeria, that's why it's called onitsha bridge and not asaba bridge.

Is Asaba not in the South South? The Bridge connects Asaba and Onitsha. It's called the Niger bridge and not Onitsha bridge.

3 Likes

Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by ReluctantAdult(m): 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2020
Queenlovely:
longest prick or bridge
Damn you're freaky. I love it cool

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by Mcreloaded(m): 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2020
JennyEva:

Then edit the rubbish you wrote

Wait for Biafra to be actualized before you start dragging bridge haba

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) by johnpablo541(m): 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2020
Franking:

Is Asaba not in the South South? The Bridge connects Asaba and Onitsha. It's called the Niger bridge and not Onitsha bridge.

Onitsha bridge na the guy name..

And i think OP is referring to the second Niger Bridge, cos the first Niger bridge is not up to 1.6 kilometers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Tired Masquerades Hanging At The Back Of A Bus In Enugu / Mysterious Facts, Incidents, And Disappearances That Still Remain Unexplained. / Taxify Driver Shows Up Tying Towel (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.