Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant (23393 Views)

Femi Otedola And Akinwumi Adesina Visit Dangote Petrochemical Plant / Otedola Visits Dangote’s Oil Refinery, Petrochemical Plant In Lagos (Photo) / Waltersmith Modular Refinery And 33 Brewery In Imo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by fulanimafia: 5:00am On Sep 02, 2020
Yankee101:
Copy Dangote

The fastest way to innovate is to copy

shocked
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Openbusiness: 5:02am On Sep 02, 2020
Selling intelligent dispenser
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Iceberg3: 5:03am On Sep 02, 2020
Mallams and oil.... Time shall come
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Lifestone(m): 5:05am On Sep 02, 2020
michlins:
If you get money, invest in refineries even if na 10 barrels per day something. Once dangote finishes his own, they will ban fuel importation and he alone will corner the market for himself. We will cry monopoly but he will get richer and there's nothing anyone can do about it
Isnt that better than enriching foreign countries citizens with the current importation of fuel into Nigeria. His Company will also bring back to Nigeria the employment

5 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by fulanimafia: 5:18am On Sep 02, 2020
Iceberg3:
Mallams and oil.... Time shall come

Lol.

The time is already here.
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by RaptObserver: 5:34am On Sep 02, 2020
BUA man likes big things just like the name sounds emphatic. I can't wait till when government will ban fuel importation. Even if I am paying #200 per litre and it is locally made, I will be happy knowing that one mad man is not doing round tripping with my money.

8 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by jaxxy(m): 5:37am On Sep 02, 2020
uruba23:
Copy Cat DNA always copying Alhaji.Oga Rabiu they are other sectors you can focus on.

Monopoly has never built a nation. It only serves the purpose of one individual. The owner. undecided

This shud be welcomed.

3 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by ajl: 5:58am On Sep 02, 2020
darfay:
Too bad

The hausas have monopolized our oil first dangote and now this? They successful frustrated others out of this. A wealthy urhobo dude wanted to go into a Jv to set up a refinery in Delta state but the Hausa cabals frustrated him and oh the guy is dead now.

Na so, so complain. No be say them go auction their license instead of building the refineries the license was meant for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Pinkybush: 6:00am On Sep 02, 2020
They should come. My certi + expi dey ok.
Nice gesture

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by djperoski2010(m): 6:14am On Sep 02, 2020
dokyOloye:
Nice. But d world is gradually moving away from dependence on fossil fuel.
While Nigeria is just starting to develope our fossil industry. hustling backwards.
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by CodeTemplar: 6:18am On Sep 02, 2020
Atk1nson:
BUA template for being a successful business man: do whatever Dangote does
Dangote doesn't like competition and BUA takes pleasure in sharing the market with a fight-shy giant. It is a smart strategy.

3 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by CodeTemplar: 6:19am On Sep 02, 2020
darfay:

Considering how uselessly useless oil is going especially in the next 30yrs, is such capital intensive project still advisable?
Yes. because in 10 years he can recover all and still make a mad profit.

4 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by CodeTemplar: 6:21am On Sep 02, 2020
Yankee101:
Copy Dangote
The fastest way to innovate/develop is to copy
Ask China
Copying entails having similar resource as those being copied.
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 02, 2020
Akwa Ibom just keeps on winning. Now imagine if we had 36 Udom Emmanuel’s governing each state!

6 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by 24SEVEN: 6:42am On Sep 02, 2020
Ilaumoh, I believe it. Fur your information, i don't believe Udom or any politfcian but I regard businessmen highly.
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by muykem: 6:46am On Sep 02, 2020
I will advice Nigeria government and private citizen to stop investing on refinery for now except those ongoing projects.
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Larry1960: 6:55am On Sep 02, 2020
fulanimafia:

There is nothing wrong in copying success.

Between both of them, we would have a refining capacity of over 850,000 barrels per day in a few years (our total domestic demand is just over 400k/day) leaving a whole lot for forex-earning export which will drive a dramatic fall in the Naira exchange rate with positive multiplier effects on the economy.

We need more Abdulsamad's and Aliko's in this country to build more factories and refineries for the economic development of Nigeria through job creation, import substitution, forex generation etc.

Una sure say Dangote Refinery go start next year March.. I'm looking forward for a fall in naira Exchange rate next year shocked

2 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by tempel(m): 6:59am On Sep 02, 2020
It is wrong for individuals to own refinery with capacity upto 50,000 Bpd, very wrong. I hope our government are aware of the economical meaning of such large capacities in one man's hand.

2 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 02, 2020

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by yahmohy27: 7:01am On Sep 02, 2020
uruba23:
Copy Cat DNA always copying Alhaji.Oga Rabiu they are other sectors you can focus on.
What should I call this?Jealousy or what

2 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by yahmohy27: 7:04am On Sep 02, 2020
dokyOloye:
Nice.
But d world is gradually moving away from dependence on fossil fuel.
But at least it will facilitate our development and alleviate our dependence on importation of fuel there by making it cheaper for the citizens to afford

2 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by yahmohy27: 7:05am On Sep 02, 2020
fulanimafia:

There is nothing wrong in copying success.

Between both of them, we would have a refining capacity of over 850,000 barrels per day in a few years (our total domestic demand is just over 400k/day) leaving a whole lot for forex-earning export which will drive a dramatic fall in the Naira exchange rate with positive multiplier effects on the economy.
Thank You

We need more Abdulsamad's and Aliko's in this country to build more factories and refineries for the economic development of Nigeria through job creation, import substitution, forex generation etc.
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 02, 2020
michlins:
If you get money, invest in refineries even if na 10 barrels per day something. Once dangote finishes his own, they will ban fuel importation and he alone will corner the market for himself. We will cry monopoly but he will get richer and there's nothing anyone can do about it

Dangote plant can serve only my Local govt.
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by ahiboilandgas: 7:10am On Sep 02, 2020
darfay:
Too bad

The hausas have monopolized our oil first dangote and now this? They successful frustrated others out of this. A wealthy urhobo dude wanted to go into a Jv to set up a refinery in Delta state but the Hausa cabals frustrated him and oh the guy is dead now.
why this ?
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by ahiboilandgas: 7:11am On Sep 02, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Akwa Ibom just keeps on winning. Now imagine if we had 36 Udom Emmanuel’s governing each state!
that what peace can bring

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by AbuAeesha: 7:26am On Sep 02, 2020
uruba23:
pls wch sector have u personally focused on? am just curious.

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Sardauna24(m): 7:26am On Sep 02, 2020
darfay:
Too bad

Lookad this one,why wont you take over from were the urhobo dude stop ehhn? Why sitting there nd be blaming Hausa's, business issa compettition is'nt it?dont allow hatred to dominate ur heart..

3 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by SmartPolician: 7:30am On Sep 02, 2020
tropaz:
Northerners are investing in reasonable and worthwhile businesses, while our western elites are investing in exotic clubs. But we say the northerners are less sophisticated. Okay, let's watch and see.

Why are you comparing BUA with those guys who are just starting life?

Do you know how much BUA is worth or how much it takes to have a mega oil and gas project?

Besides, business is not just about making money. It's also about interests and experience.

The chances are that you will fail when you invest in something you know nothing about than where you know your onions.

More importantly, they are creating opportunities for all Nigerians. It's high time we ended this north/south battle

3 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by phantom24: 7:30am On Sep 02, 2020
darfay:

Considering how uselessly useless oil is going especially in the next 30yrs, is such capital intensive project still advisable?
who told you oil is getting useless? This is not America, Do you know how many products are refined from crude? We only need to situp. Anyway i pray this dream comes true for my dear state.

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by SocialJustice: 7:31am On Sep 02, 2020
darfay:
Too bad

Who be that? Call his name. There is no serious industrialist from delta state anymore.

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by SmartPolician: 7:36am On Sep 02, 2020
tempel:
It is wrong for individuals to own refinery with capacity upto 50,000 Bpd, very wrong. I hope our government are aware of the economical meaning of such large capacities in one man's hand.

Which planet are you from?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Get My Own Credit Card In Nigeria / Aroms Aigbehi: I Came to Invest In Edo, Now They Want to Kill My Wife & Me / Naira Depreciates To ₦‎1,300/$ In Official Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.