Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant (23443 Views)

Femi Otedola And Akinwumi Adesina Visit Dangote Petrochemical Plant / Otedola Visits Dangote’s Oil Refinery, Petrochemical Plant In Lagos (Photo) / Waltersmith Modular Refinery And 33 Brewery In Imo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by omoadeleye(m): 7:41am On Sep 02, 2020
uruba23:
Copy Cat DNA always copying Alhaji.Oga Rabiu they are other sectors you can focus on.

Competition is okay ,do you want a monopolist that will rip life outta you?

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Iceberg3: 7:42am On Sep 02, 2020
fulanimafia:

Lol.

The time is already here.

Wetin you know, you don't know nathin'
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by colossus91(m): 7:46am On Sep 02, 2020
Nothing beats northern money abeg.....I say this as an igbo man!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by PIMPAR: 7:49am On Sep 02, 2020
darfay:
Too bad

The hausas have monopolized our oil first dangote and now this? They successful frustrated others out of this. A wealthy urhobo dude wanted to go into a Jv to set up a refinery in Delta state but the Hausa cabals frustrated him and oh the guy is dead now.
Hausa cabal must have been tormenting you since time immemorial

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Topmaike007(m): 7:49am On Sep 02, 2020
colossus91:
Nothing beats northern money abeg.....I say this as an igbo man!!
them get money abeg

4 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Bahamas95(m): 7:50am On Sep 02, 2020
Follow who know road.

Nice one BUA, na beta thing person suppose copy. If nor be copy copy wey our brothers from the other side dey copy oyibo most Nigerians for nor fit dey afford expensive foreign products.

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by babasolution: 7:52am On Sep 02, 2020
tropaz:
Northerners are investing in reasonable and worthwhile businesses, while our western elites are investing in exotic clubs. But we say the northerners are less sophisticated. Okay, let's watch and see.

True,Yoruba havfallen,they are the new lmajiri tribe

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by bizzibodi(m): 7:52am On Sep 02, 2020
uruba23:
Copy Cat DNA always copying Alhaji.Oga Rabiu they are other sectors you can focus on.
Copying or competition is good imagine if this bua crash d price of cement to #1500 shame go catch Dangote.

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Originalsly: 7:53am On Sep 02, 2020
michlins:

If you get money, invest in refineries even if na 10 barrels per day something. Once dangote finishes his own, they will ban fuel importation and he alone will corner the market for himself. We will cry monopoly but he will get richer and there's nothing anyone can do about it

.... and what is wrong with that? You have a problem with a Nigerian getting richer refining Nigerian oil in Nigeria.... but no problem presently with non Nigerians getting richer refining Nigerian oil? Are you Nigerian?

@ topic.... I'm thinking why we are now moving in to fossil fuel technology when the world is moving away from it. Oil was king in the analog 20th century.... that was the time for us to have our own refinieries. Why now in the digital 21st century when cobalt is king? We should strive to be at the head of the curve... not the tail.
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by degamonn: 7:59am On Sep 02, 2020
uruba23:
who stopped you from copying. If you have what it takes to do that type of copying, do it.

2 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by VULCAN(m): 8:08am On Sep 02, 2020
It is good to build refineries (although we have arrived very very late to the party) but it is better to build steel Mills.

There is no developed country in the world that imports steel. Steel mills are one of the signs of a strong domestic economy.

When you talk about exporting refined products you are talking of battling an external market which involves other players but when you talk of steel Mills you are talking of what grows an economy from within.
fulanimafia:

There is nothing wrong in copying success.

Between both of them, we would have a refining capacity of over 850,000 barrels per day in a few years (our total domestic demand is just over 400k/day) leaving a whole lot for forex-earning export which will drive a dramatic fall in the Naira exchange rate with positive multiplier effects on the economy.

We need more Abdulsamad's and Aliko's in this country to build more factories and refineries for the economic development of Nigeria through job creation, import substitution, forex generation etc.
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by NaMeAboki: 8:09am On Sep 02, 2020
darfay:
Too bad

The hausas have monopolized our oil first dangote and now this? They successful frustrated others out of this. A wealthy urhobo dude wanted to go into a Jv to set up a refinery in Delta state but the Hausa cabals frustrated him and oh the guy is dead now.

Stop lying; how could they have frustrated him in such free and opened sector; did they stopped him from risking and investing his money in the manner they risked theirs?

Some of you just come up with cooked malicious lies, always playing the victim card, to malign northerners as though they are the cause of your own lack of initiative and conviction (to put your money where your mouth is).

Make una continue to siddon there as phantom landlords (under shade, sipping ogogoro, doing fvck all) shouting: 'our oyel, na our oil money'; while northerners actively take over as the leading homegrown Nigerians actually engaged in our oil production.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by AustineJohn908(m): 8:14am On Sep 02, 2020
24SEVEN:
Ilaumoh, I believe it. Fur your information, i don't believe Udom or any politfcian but I regard businessmen highly.
this is what Udom is doing in Akwa ibom. wooing investors.
This is why Akwa ibom is better than Rivers...it is Serene, safe, and beautiful. it will attract the very best.
Akwa ibom is the way to go.
Thank you BUA Group'

5 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by AustineJohn908(m): 8:15am On Sep 02, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Akwa Ibom just keeps on winning. Now imagine if we had 36 Udom Emmanuel’s governing each state!
Thank you bro. lata 24seven will start saying nonsense...that the stats are lies. but here see one thing giving credence to it

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Mcreloaded(m): 8:17am On Sep 02, 2020
darfay:

Considering how uselessly useless oil is going especially in the next 30yrs, is such capital intensive project still advisable?
The man who saw tomorrow.

30 years is more than enough time for them to make their money back, so it's worth investing

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by martineverest(m): 8:17am On Sep 02, 2020
dokyOloye:
Nice.
But d world is gradually moving away from dependence on fossil fuel.
exactly my thought
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by thedio(m): 8:19am On Sep 02, 2020
uruba23:

Hmmm I like the first sentence it is deep, but he should not be a headache to Alhaji.He should copy with style.
But alhaji can give him head ache.It is do me I do u.....good game from Rabiu
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Sircarma99: 8:23am On Sep 02, 2020
I love it more of it please.

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by 15ssDRIVE(m): 8:28am On Sep 02, 2020
fulanimafia:

There is nothing wrong in copying success.

Between both of them, we would have a refining capacity of over 850,000 barrels per day in a few years (our total domestic demand is just over 400k/day) leaving a whole lot for forex-earning export which will drive a dramatic fall in the Naira exchange rate with positive multiplier effects on the economy.

We need more Abdulsamad's and Aliko's in this country to build more factories and refineries for the economic development of Nigeria through job creation, import substitution, forex generation etc.

Better To copy great Man!

2 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by thedio(m): 8:35am On Sep 02, 2020
tempel:
It is wrong for individuals to own refinery with capacity upto 50,000 Bpd, very wrong. I hope our government are aware of the economical meaning of such large capacities in one man's hand.
Can u give us the meaning, I'm here to learn
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Reference(m): 8:39am On Sep 02, 2020
uruba23:

Tomorrow you will be complaining Dangote is a monopoly. Exactly what do you folks want?

Don't you think a duopoly is a lot better. At least someone is putting some pressure, putting up a fight.

2 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Hunchogee: 8:40am On Sep 02, 2020
Akwa ibom is seriously attracting investors.. So I advice more well meaning Nigerians to invest in the emerging market in Akwa Ibom state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Hunchogee: 8:42am On Sep 02, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Akwa Ibom just keeps on winning. Now imagine if we had 36 Udom Emmanuel’s governing each state!
Imagine oo.

The only thing I love about Udom is that his a silence achiever
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by DrSamOnowu87(m): 8:45am On Sep 02, 2020
uruba23:
. Zoo mentality. There is no copy cat dna or imitation there rather it is for competitiveness. Wonder,imagine what would've happened if only mtn were allowed to provide telecommunication service in d zoo,cow republic.
Ride on Bua Group,ur cement is far ahead of dangote cement in quality,durability and i,we also believe that this ur intended service wil take unassailable lead in service delivery.

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by TruthinAction: 8:49am On Sep 02, 2020
Kokadomfreedom:
good development

They destroy our refineries so they can build their private refineries. And both up coming private refineries are owned by northerners. They are indirectly the ones enjoying our oil wealth. Where are the billionaires from the south. Or they refused to give them license. Something is not adding up. Why can't the government owned refineries work?

2 Likes

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Kubernetes: 8:50am On Sep 02, 2020
The northern guys are wise and are like the Jews.
You call them Aboki,they smile at you fooling you that they are beggers.
Dangote will soon complete his own.
His bro from Kano wants to start another one.
You said the northerners should not own an oil well even though they bought it with their own money.I hope you won't again in future say they should not own a refinery.

1 Like

Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Hunchogee: 8:55am On Sep 02, 2020
24SEVEN:
Ilaumoh, I believe it. Fur your information, i don't believe Udom or any politfcian but I regard businessmen highly.
Hahahaha this is the first time you are not insulting @ilaumoh or calling the project propaganda.. Meanwhile the OP is not Illaumoh..
Illaumoh should still be sleeping grin
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Hunchogee: 8:56am On Sep 02, 2020
yahmohy27:

What should I call this?Jealousy or what
Is jealousy bro
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Hunchogee: 9:00am On Sep 02, 2020
phantom24:
who told you oil is getting useless? This is not America, Do you know how many products are refined from crude? We only need to situp. Anyway i pray this dream comes true for my dear state.
Really, so you are an Akwa-Ibomite?
Wonders they say......
Re: BUA Group To Build 200,000bpd Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by dalass(f): 9:06am On Sep 02, 2020
Atk1nson:

True bro, if I be billionaire, I will just keep a portfolio for mirroring Dangote.....

He's enjoying Northern government backing... Many of Southern parts were multimillionaires before Dangote. BUA too is following suit as per their agenda...

South East, South West and South-south billionaires must start building Refineries if they don't want the North to totally dictate and enslave us economically over southern resources

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Want To Set Up Akube/okrika Business / Rich Sugar Mummies Available Contact 07065484280 / My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.