Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,691 members, 7,813,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) (72332 Views)

Mob Beats Crossdresser To Pulp In Lagos Motor Park (Photo, Video) / Elephant Knocked Down By A Moving Train (Photos) / Man Carrying Plantain On His Head & Riding His Bicycle In Aba While Hawking (Pho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by Olarewaju89: 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2020
Kharol1234:
what if the elephant stepped on him?

Then case closed grin
Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by Jacqueline22(f): 12:27pm On Sep 02, 2020
The guy no wan rampe

2 Likes

Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by Rugaria: 12:29pm On Sep 02, 2020
Very friendly elephant if you ask me... Looks like it was just interested in the bike. Even when it had one leg on top of the boy, it never stumped hard.. just wanted to do gragra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by akdjr(m): 12:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
I thought God told animals that human are Dominion over them.
Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by WowSweetGuy(m): 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2020
espn:
Faranpe faranpe
grin means jakpa jakpa

1 Like

Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by WowSweetGuy(m): 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2020
Jacqueline22:
The guy no wan rampe
hahahahahaha. No mind am, he get luck
Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by GamalNasser: 12:37pm On Sep 02, 2020
Kharol1234:
what if the elephant stepped on him?

Elephants are very empathic They will only stomp a threat thats why it kept using it's trunk to size the threat and the guy played well .

1 Like

Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by Jaqenhghar: 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
Lol... Elephants have been said to be very intelligent animals. Maybe it liked the bicycle and just wanted to "play"

I'm not sure why the guy didn't take to his heels sha o... But he posed a risk to himself playing "human ball on the floor" - just one stump and all his bowels will be out!

The male voice was screaming "Pardon" - hehe.. She elephant don dey hear French ni
I think so too. If the elephant was aggressive they won't be that close

1 Like

Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by GospelAkede: 1:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
You shall not Weep this Ember months Amen. Kindly share with your loved ones...

Click on the link to download it.

https://my.notjustok.com/track/353693/akede-ember-month-osu-ba-ba-ba

1 Like

Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by TruthinAction: 1:05pm On Sep 02, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
Lol... Elephants have been said to be very intelligent animals. Maybe it liked the bicycle and just wanted to "play"

I'm not sure why the guy didn't take to his heels sha o... But he posed a risk to himself playing "human ball on the floor" - just one stump and all his bowels will be out!

The male voice was screaming "Pardon" - hehe.. She elephant don dey hear French ni

They are also very dangerous depending on their mood. They kill several hundreds humans yearly.

2 Likes

Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by descarado: 1:06pm On Sep 02, 2020
GamalNasser:

He dare not run when the elephant is agitated ..You can never outrun them
Thank you.

They obviously don't know anything about these beast of the forest.

2 Likes

Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by fineboynl(m): 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2020
the elephant was just playing. and didn't really considered anything a threats. no agitation or aggressiveness. he was just playing with the boy and it bicycle. if not when they boy tried running it would have followed him.
Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by suremanpatriot: 1:15pm On Sep 02, 2020
Lasma elephant. grin intelligent animal
Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by Goalnaldo(m): 1:20pm On Sep 02, 2020
I con dey pity for the guy we dey shout grin
Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by eaglechild: 1:21pm On Sep 02, 2020
GamalNasser:

Play dead was what saved his life , any attempt to run when the elephant considered him a threat and he will be dead..No human alive can outrun even the laziest elephant

Thank you so much.
Finally someone with some knowledge of animal behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by eaglechild: 1:27pm On Sep 02, 2020
bluefilm:

Playing dead is equally bad.

The elephant will just stamp you to death.

According to Mr. Bear Grylls of Ultimate Survival, your best move is to time it very well and wait for the elephant to come to you, then you dive or jump aside.

He says elephants have good sense of smell but not so good eyesight.

So once you are clear of its view, your chances of making it to safety is slightly increased.
The elephant was already on him so no chance he could outrun it.
Staying down was the best move at that point, the elephant no longer saw him as a threat and diverted its attention to the bicycle, then he was able to get away.
A mistimed run would have been disastrous.
Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by Sunepal13(m): 1:29pm On Sep 02, 2020
daddytime:
This one pass VIO and lastma combined.

The guy refuse to settle Elephant for roadblock when him ask am " anything for the boys"?
LOL grin grin grin
Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by bluefilm: 1:32pm On Sep 02, 2020
eaglechild:

The elephant was already on him so no chance he could outrun it.
Staying down was the best move at that point, the elephant no longer saw him as a threat and diverted its attention to the bicycle, then he was able to get away.
A mistimed run would have been disastrous.

Do you think the guy will still have energy to even start devising ways to dodge the elephant after the beast must have manhandled him?

The guy was not staying down because it was his strategy.

The guy has been completely knocked out by fear. grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by eaglechild: 1:37pm On Sep 02, 2020
Brachaa:
Beast of burden
Beast of burden
Beast of burden

Stay outta my way
Hand it over now

Im ma come and get you
I'm ma come and get you

Stay away
Stay away.. Lol...

Who's that man making the hell of a noise in the background with the "farapeh"? And why was the attacked guy acting dead instead of taking to his heels? That beast could have crushed him. That was a great risk.

Sounds like they are from ivory coast though.
The noise maker was instrumental in saving the boy by distracting the elephant and giving the correct instructions.
You cannot outrun an elephant, and it may let up if it feels you are not a threat, running suddenly will usually not be good if it is already on you.
Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by eaglechild: 1:39pm On Sep 02, 2020
bluefilm:

Do you think the guy will still have energy to even start devising ways to dodge the elephant after the beast must have manhandled him?

The guy was not staying down because it was his strategy.

The guy has been completely knocked out. grin grin grin
But he still got up and left, so how was he knocked out completely.
Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by AnanseK(m): 1:42pm On Sep 02, 2020
yesloaded:
I don't understand what that man was doing on the floor watching elephant

Much safer than trying to escape.

He was absolutely right in being patient and calculating the right time to run.

1 Like

Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by maasoap(m): 1:47pm On Sep 02, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

That elephant was in good mood, she could have trampled him. It was even the elephant that was pushing him away, trying to chase him away but dude refused to crawl or run away like he was paralysed or something.

2 Likes

Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by maasoap(m): 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
AnanseK:

Much safer than trying to escape.

He was absolutely right in being patient and calculating the right time to run.

He made grave mistake. Did you see how that elephant was pushing him away? He wasted too much time rolling on the ground, that elephant was gentle
Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
eaglechild:

The noise maker was instrumental in saving the boy by distracting the elephant and giving the correct instructions.
You cannot outrun an elephant, and it may let up if it feels you are not a threat, running suddenly will usually not be good if it is already on you.

Wow really?? shocked shocked. Hmm

I was wondering if the elephant broke his leg reason he couldn't get up despite the yelling but when he eventually stood up and took off I was angry that he took a great risk cos at some point, the elephant raised its leg to crush him which made the farapay guy yell louder disturbing my ears... So it got me really annoyed. Lol...

So, an elephant can outrun a man with its Hugh size? The guy was smart then.

Thanks though.

2 Likes

Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by AMUNSI23(f): 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
Nothing wey hunter no go see for bush
Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by maasoap(m): 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
GamalNasser:

Play dead was what saved his life , any attempt to run when the elephant considered him a threat and he will be dead.. No human alive can outrun even the laziest elephant

Where did you read/watch/learn this?
Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by GamalNasser: 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2020
maasoap:

Where did you read/watch/learn this?

The fastest a human can run is about 25km/h and the the laziest elephant will sprint at 44km/h while and really big healthy young bulll will hit sprints of 50km/h ..don't play yourself

3 Likes

Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by Stephenomozzy(m): 1:56pm On Sep 02, 2020
maasoap:

That elephant was in good mood, she could have trampled him. It was even the elephant that was pushing him away, trying to chase him away but dude refused to crawl or run away like he was paralysed or something.

You can imagine! Maybe like one other guy quoted................"Running would have been a threat to himself as he can't possibly outrun the elephant"
Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by alizma: 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
yesloaded:
I don't understand what that man was doing on the floor watching elephant
It would have been more risky if he made attempt to run at the wrong time. He needed to be sure there was a distance that the elephant cannot reached immediately before he make attempt to run.
I don't understand French but o know that when elephant attack at close range, one is expected to take few major cautions. 1. try to avoid the elephant stepping on you, 2. Don't position yourself in such a way that the elephant can easily lift you up.
Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by bluefilm: 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
eaglechild:

But he still got up and left, so how was he knocked out completely.

He probably recovered from the shock.

Or get some Adrenaline pump up!
Re: Elephant Attacks Man, Seizes His Bicycle (Photo, Video) by Mrcaregiver: 2:03pm On Sep 02, 2020
That is the elephant in Nigeria police logo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Killed This Snake Today At The Office. / Son Of Abubakar Al-Jumma 'Sadeeq Plaza' Dies In Accident With His Friend / Slay Queen Slaying In Lekki Floods After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.