Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! (614 Views)

"No Pastor Is All-knowing" Pastors Niyi Adebayo And Mike Bamiloye Admit / If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple / Jesus Is The Only Way: My Personal Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by bingbagbo(m): 7:27am On Sep 02, 2020
John 16:30-32

[30]Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God.”

[31]Jesus answered them, “Do you now believe?

[32]Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own, and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me.

Glory!!!!
Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by unclemaths(m): 9:46am On Sep 02, 2020
Emotions can mislead..
Do not read out of context. Your explanations must align with other portions of the Bible. It's just like simultaneous linear equations: the roots must satisfy all valid factors.

Matthew 24:36
(New International Version)

36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

John 11:41-42
41 So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.”

John 6:44
44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

John 20:17
17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father  and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Philippians 2:5-9
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature  of a servant, being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
        even death on a cross!

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name

If anyone disputes these holy writings, then, that person is saying that the son of God did not die for him/her.

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Emusan(m): 10:10am On Sep 02, 2020
unclemaths:

Emotions can mislead..
Do not read out of context. Your explanations must align with other portions of the Bible. It's just like simultaneous linear equations: the roots must satisfy all valid factors.

Are you trying to proof that Jesus didn't know all things?

Matthew 24:36
(New International Version)

36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

So what does this proof?

John 11:41-42
41 So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.”

44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

John 20:17
17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father  and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

How does this relate to the thread?

Philippians 2:5-9
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature  of a servant, being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
        even death on a cross!

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name

Carefully, think about that @color

If anyone disputes these holy writings, then, that person is saying that the son of God did not die for him/her.

The OP also supported his post with scripture.

Are you saying what he quoted aren't part of the Holy writings?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by haddeylium(m): 10:43am On Sep 02, 2020
If truly Jesus' is all-knowing
Why didn't he know about the day or hour?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Emusan(m): 10:52am On Sep 02, 2020
haddeylium:
If truly Jesus' is all-knowing Why didn't he know about the day or hour?
Do you agree God is all knowing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by haddeylium(m): 10:59am On Sep 02, 2020
Emusan:

Do you agree God is all knowing?

I should agree with Jesus about He that is all-knowing
Father-only knows about the day or hour
Neither Jesus or the angels

So, only the Father is all-knowing

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by bingbagbo(m): 11:24am On Sep 02, 2020
haddeylium:

[30]Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God.”

Deal with it antichrist
Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Emusan(m): 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2020
haddeylium:

So because only the Father knows about the day or hour means He is all-knowing but what of the verses that depicts the same Father of not KNOWING an actions before taking place?

So we can then conclude that the Father isn't all-knowing, do you agree?

That's the problem you people have, when you don't read inbtw contents to know the authors intent.
Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by haddeylium(m): 2:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
Emusan:

So because only the Father knows about the day or hour means He is all-knowing but what of the verses that depicts the same Father of not KNOWING an actions before taking place?

So we can then conclude that the Father isn't all-knowing, do you agree?

That's the problem you people have, when you don't read inbtw contents to know the authors intent.

Why is your friend getting emotional over an harmless question?
“why didn't Jesus know about the day or hour?

Of course, why wouldn't the almighty God know about the day he appointed to execute his Judgement?(Act 1:7)

If what you mean is ; if God predestined human acts?....NO!

of course Jesus' disciples are right when they see the reflection of what Jesus learnt from his God(John 12:49)
So, If the father does not reveals the appointed day or hour to Jesus, angels or any being?
What makes them?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Emusan(m): 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
haddeylium:
Why is your friend getting emotional over an harmless question?

Who is getting emotional?

“why didn't Jesus know about the day or hour?

Of course, why wouldn't the almighty God know about the day he appointed to execute his Judgement?(Act 1:7)

Why didn't the all-knowing Father know the action of mortal men he created before happening?

When Jesus a mighty God knows who will betray Him from beginning.

If what you mean is ; if God predestined human acts?....NO!

And who is talking about predestined here

of course Jesus' disciples are right when they see the reflection of what Jesus learnt from his God(John 12:49)
So, If the father does not reveals the appointed day or hour to Jesus, angels or any being?
What makes them?

Do you think the Father can hide anything from the Son who they are ONE?
Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Janosky: 9:11pm On Sep 02, 2020
bingbagbo:

Deal with it antichrist

WAYO man, Matthew 24:36, did Jesus claim he knows all things?

WAYO man, deal with it.
Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Janosky: 9:18pm On Sep 02, 2020
Emusan:

Who is getting emotional?

Why didn't the all-knowing Father know the action of mortal men he created before happening?

When Jesus a mighty God knows who will betray Him from beginning.

And who is talking about predestined here

Do you think the Father can hide anything from the Son who they are ONE?

John 15:15, Jesus teach what his God and Father taught him, very honest and perfect.
Jesus no be WAYO man like you who forge and twists the holy scriptures. grin grin

How will you equate the thinking of imperfect men with the thinking of the perfect Jesus Christ?

Matthew24:36, did Jesus Christ claim he knows all things?

Mark 10:40
But I do not have the right to choose who will sit at my right and my left. It is God who will give these places to those for whom he has prepared them."

Una WAYO too much, Jesus Christ is not Almighty God.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Emusan(m): 7:33am On Sep 03, 2020
Janosky:

John 15:15, Jesus teach what his God and Father taught him, very honest and perfect.
Jesus no be WAYO man like you who forge and twists the holy scriptures. grin grin

How will you equate the thinking of imperfect men with the thinking of the perfect Jesus Christ?

Matthew24:36, did Jesus Christ claim he knows all things?

Mark 10:40
But I do not have the right to choose who will sit at my right and my left. It is God who will give these places to those for whom he has prepared them."

Una WAYO too much, Jesus Christ is not Almighty God.

The accolade and lying liar JWs is here!

Never receive sense to contribute meaningfully on a thread but always spewing thrashes up and down.

Read my post and read your comment to see whether they correlate.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by unclemaths(m): 7:41am On Sep 04, 2020
Emusan:

Never receive sense to contribute meaningfully on a thread but always spewing thrashes up and down.

Name calling and emotions all over again!
JW indeed.. lol

Not your fault..
Person wey papa no call, if he like make he turn pastor, ending of day na still waste of time last last.

44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them , and I will raise them up at the last day.

If una no understand simple English, eh, how una wan take understand Holy Scriptures?

Especially as the Father of Jesus no call u..

Me, eh, I sha know say na over-sabi pastors kill the Jesus sef for inside Bible.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Emusan(m): 8:16am On Sep 04, 2020
unclemaths:
Name calling and emotions all over again!
JW indeed.. lol

Typical brainwashed JWs

Not your fault..
Person wey papa no call, if he like make he turn pastor, ending of day na still waste of time last last.

See painment and frustration.

44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them , and I will raise them up at the last day.

If una no understand simple English, eh, how una wan take understand Holy Scriptures?

Do you understand simple English yourself?

Especially as the Father of Jesus no call u..

because you're the Father of Jesus Himself that's why you can know who he called or not.

Me, eh, I sha know say na over-sabi pastors kill the Jesus sef for inside Bible.

See delusions, it's PASTORS that killed Jesus, delusion will never end.

Only Jehovah knows the kind of weed you people take in your Hall.
Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Blabbermouth: 8:23am On Sep 04, 2020
Emusan:

Sir Emusan, do you have a bible verse for this?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Emusan(m): 8:35am On Sep 04, 2020
Blabbermouth:
Sir Emusan, do you have a bible verse for this?
I'll just give you a clue:
1. The fall of Morning star
2. The fall of Adam and Eve
3. The trial of Abraham killing Isaac
You can then read about it in the Bible.

NOTE: I'm not saying, the Father isn't all-knowing!
But let me see whether you will grab my point.
Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Blabbermouth: 8:54am On Sep 04, 2020
Emusan:

I'll just give you a clue:

1. The fall of Morning star

2. The fall of Adam and Eve

3. The trial of Abraham killing Isaac

You can then read about it in the Bible.

NOTE: I'm not saying, the Father isn't all-knowing!

But let me see whether you will grab my point.
I'm not that much grounded in the Scriptures, i might not grab the point. Perhaps, you can drop the bible verses and give a commentary on them.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 04, 2020
God knew what is good because his plans are perfect, but because of his intelligent creatures who thinks in various ways he can only focus on his own plans so as not to be distracted by the complexity of his intelligent creatures and there ability to use their brains for good and bad.

So regarding all what he planned (which nothing can stop) God knows it all he revealed most of the plans for his Son but not all, because the Son so much love humans {Proverbs 8:31} he may reveal certain things that should remain secret to them {John 15:15} therefore the father himself didn't reveal everything to the Son! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Emusan(m): 9:15am On Sep 04, 2020
Blabbermouth:

I'm not that much grounded in the Scriptures, i might not grab the point. Perhaps, you can drop the bible verses and give a commentary on them.

Since you're not that grounded in the scripture no need of wasting our time.

My point is, some scriptures make it look like the Father isn't all-knowing for instance; in the case of Abraham when God told him to sacrifice Isaac.

Notice how scripture puts this: Genesis 22:12 "And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me."

Now, what do we have here?

Many critics of Jesus for not knowing the day or hour of the last day will defend God here by saying "God is all-knowing but been selective or chooses when to use such ATTRIBUTE" Because they know some scriptures depict God as not all-knowing.

So just as some scriptures depict the Father as not all-knowing which didn't erase the scriptures that support the all-knowing of the Father, likewise we have scriptures where Jesus was said to be all-knowing and those that depict Jesus as not all-knowing.

Then we can reasonable conclude that the Father and the Son have such attribute but choose/selective when using it.
Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by unclemaths(m): 10:12am On Sep 04, 2020
Emusan:

Since you're not that grounded in the scripture no need of wasting our time.

My point is, some scriptures make it look like the Father isn't all-knowing for instance; in the case of Abraham when God told him to sacrifice Isaac.

Notice how scripture puts this: Genesis 22:12 "And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me."

Now, what do we have here?

Many critics of Jesus for not knowing the day or hour of the last day will defend God here by saying "God is all-knowing but been selective or chooses when to use such ATTRIBUTE" Because they know some scriptures depict God as not all-knowing.

So just as some scriptures depict the Father as not all-knowing which didn't erase the scriptures that support the all-knowing of the Father, likewise we have scriptures where Jesus was said to be all-knowing and those that depict Jesus as not all-knowing.

Then we can reasonable conclude that the Father and the Son have such attribute but choose/selective when using it.

See how clearly you made your points.
Isn't this more mature than throwing tantrums?
Without prejudice, there is a maturity that comes with age.

This ought to guide one when speaking in public.
Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 04, 2020
unclemaths:

See how clearly you made your points.
Isn't this more mature than throwing tantrums?
Without prejudice, there is a maturity that comes with age

This ought to guide one when speaking in public.

@coloured blue!

It's experience that increase with age but as for maturity, this only comes through fellowship with God's holy spirit.
Note the qualities "MILDNESS" and "SELF-CONTROL" in God's holy spirit! Galatians 5:23
God's word listed those qualities as a Christian cultivate it through fellowshipping with the spirit.

LOVE is the first quality that draws us to God because he first loved us! 1John 4:19

JOY follows immediately as we began to see with our minds eyes the brightest future no unbeliever can envisage!

PEACE fills our hearts despite all the troubles in the world around us!

PATIENCE is the next quality we begin to have towards all men!

That's how these qualities are gradually increasing in our personalities but take note that after FAITH began solidly rooted in our hearts, we will then become MILD and also be able to CONTROL ourselves no matter what happens!

So all these doesn't come through age but we develop these qualities as we continue to fellowship with God's people where the Spirit is operating! Hebrew 10:24-25 smiley
Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by haddeylium(m): 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
Instead of trying so hard to fit in your personal opinion into a text in the Bible because it doesn't agree with your doctrine, you should change your belief to be in line with the Bible rld
Would show how much your value the truth

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Janosky: 10:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
Emusan:

When the holy scriptures thrash you for your mind na "spewing thrashes" grin grin
Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Janosky: 10:58pm On Sep 04, 2020
Emusan:

Mr LIENUS grin
WAYO man, exponent of Jesus all knowing Fraud
grin grin.
John 16:30-32, Jesus knowing the thoughts of his disciples, not proof he knows of the event in Matthew 24:36
Please don't stop embarrassing yourself

Cc: bingbagbo
grin

Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Emusan(m): 11:58pm On Sep 04, 2020
Janosky:

Mr LIENUS grin
WAYO man, exponent of Jesus all knowing Fraud
grin grin.
John 16:30-32, Jesus knowing the thoughts of his disciples, not proof he knows of the event in Matthew 24:36
Please don't stop embarrassing yourself

Cc: bingbagbo
grin

If not because you're so delusional, you can't provide a screenshot which refute your claim and still be opening your dirty mouth.

This is from the Albert Beines you quoted "...he showed that he clearly understood their doubts; and when he gave them an answer so satisfactory without their having inquired of him, it satisfied them that he knew the heart,..."

Who else knows the THOUGHT and the HEART of man if not only God?

The second screenshot is even worst and shows how you can twist people work.

Here it is: "They think that the day has already come when they shall ask Him nothing, for He knows all things, and communicates to them the fulness of truth."

The Ellicott can say Jesus knows ALL THINGS and you still make it look as if he was supporting your lying mouth when you're even the one who cited it, then you're irredeemable.
Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by bingbagbo(m): 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2020
Emusan:

If not because you're so delusional, you can't provide a screenshot which refute your claim and still be opening your dirty mouth.

This is from the Albert Beines you quoted "...he showed that he clearly understood their doubts; and when he gave them an answer so satisfactory without their having inquired of him, it satisfied them that he knew the heart,..."

Here it is: "They think that the day has already come when they shall ask Him nothing, for He knows all things, and communicates to them the fulness of truth."

The Ellicott can say Jesus knows ALL THINGS and you still make it look as if he was supporting your lying mouth when you're even the one who cited it, then you're irredeemable.

Bless you
Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by MightySparrow: 8:59pm On Dec 27, 2020
haddeylium:
If truly Jesus' is all-knowing
Why didn't he know about the day or hour?
He said he didn't know or not capable of knowing?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by bingbagbo(m): 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2020
MightySparrow:
He said he didn't know or not capable of knowing?

Don't mind him bro

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Janosky: 12:39am On Dec 31, 2020
bingbagbo:

Deal with it antichrist
Mr Twister DECEIVING himself.. John 16:31, Jesus knew the thoughts of the disciples that they were confused (John 16:16-31), still Jesus doesn't knows nothing about Matthew 24:36.

Go and begin your quote from John 16:16-31, I challenge you to prove that you no be WAYO man as usual.
Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by Janosky: 1:07am On Dec 31, 2020
Emusan:

Mr LIENUS LYING dullard cheesy grin
Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers
(30) Now are we sure that thou knowest all things.--Comp. John 16:19; John 16:23. The "now" is emphatic, as in the previous verse. They see in His present knowledge of their thoughts
, and in the light which has come to them from the statements of John 16:28, the fulfilment of the promise which He has made for the future (John 16:23). They think that the day has already come when they shall ask Him nothing, for He knows all things, and communicates to them the fulness of truth
John 16:16-32, where did Jesus Christ ever say himself is God?
Jesus knows ALL things in the disciples heart" , that's the point of Albert Barnes submission.
No dey ADD your own maggi and spices
Bros, why you dey DECEIVE yourself?

The screenshot of Albert Barnes and other commentaries of Greek /Bible Scholars disprove your FALSEHOOD.
Did Ellicott's Commentary tell Mr LIENUS Jesus knows all things about Matthew 24:36, Lie lie LIENUS cheesy grin
Matthew 24:36, take it or write your own LIENUS Bible

cheesy grin cheesy grin

Re: Jesus Is All-knowing; He Is God! by bingbagbo(m): 11:53am On Dec 31, 2020
Janosky:

Mr LIENUS LYING dullard cheesy grin
Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers
(30) Now are we sure that thou knowest all things.--Comp. John 16:19; John 16:23. The "now" is emphatic, as in the previous verse. They see in His present knowledge of their thoughts
, and in the light which has come to them from the statements of John 16:28, the fulfilment of the promise which He has made for the future (John 16:23). They think that the day has already come when they shall ask Him nothing, for He knows all things, and communicates to them the fulness of truth
John 16:16-32, where did Jesus Christ ever say himself is God?
Jesus knows ALL things in the disciples heart" , that's the point of Albert Barnes submission.
No dey ADD your own maggi and spices
Bros, why you dey DECEIVE yourself?

The screenshot of Albert Barnes and other commentaries of Greek /Bible Scholars disprove your FALSEHOOD.
Did Ellicott's Commentary tell Mr LIENUS Jesus knows all things about Matthew 24:36, Lie lie LIENUS cheesy grin
Matthew 24:36, take it or write your own LIENUS Bible

cheesy grin cheesy grin

ANTI-CHRIST

(1) (Reply)

My Journey From a Bible Believer To A Jesus Follower / Praying Aloud Vs Praying Silently / Can One Be A Christian At Heart?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.