Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

If You’re Regularly Asking Yourself, Am I A Bad Person: Read This - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You’re Regularly Asking Yourself, Am I A Bad Person: Read This (314 Views)

Am I A Bad Friend? I Slept With My Friend’s Ex / “if You’re Looking To Marry, Stay Away From Ladies Below The Age Of 25” / Does Clubbing Makes Someone A Bad Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You’re Regularly Asking Yourself, Am I A Bad Person: Read This by tkgz(m): 9:58pm On Sep 03, 2020
Do you find yourself musing, am I a bad person, on a regular basis? Do you find that you blame yourself when something goes wrong? You’re not alone.

When you’re constantly surrounded by negative events, it’s easy to start wondering, am I a bad person? If things seem to be falling apart for you at the moment, or you’re not spending as much time with those you care about as you normally would, repeat after me—you are NOT a bad person!

The world is a strange and uncertain place at the moment. The Covid-19 situation has changed everything about our lives and turned the whole thing upside down. It’s no wonder that many of us are feeling a little low or even anxious about what’s going to happen and whether things will ever return to that thing that we used to call ‘normal.’

Why you might ask yourself ‘am I a bad person?’

It’s not just coronavirus that’s got us all in a spin either. Look at the world we’ve living in, it’s such an unfair, upside down, backwards place sometimes. Why can’t we all just be friends and get along? It makes you wonder, that’s for sure.

Within all of this, mental health starts to suffer.

When things go wrong, one thing after the other, it’s easy to assume it’s some kind of cosmic karma, but let me tell you something—I know countless wonderfully positive and kind people, and for some reason nothing goes right for them either. They would never fall into the ‘bad person’ category, so it’s very likely to be the same situation for you.

Life can be like that sometimes. Let’s look at why you might start to wonder, am I a bad person.

Are all these things connected?

A year or so ago, a series of events left me wondering whether all the negative things in my life were connected. I questioned whether I was actually some kind of undercover narcissist, or whether I was actually being punished for something I’d done in a former life.

I had a string of friendships that ended rather abruptly. My relationship went a little strange for a while. I had no energy and couldn’t focus on anything for long. I wondered whether all of this was somehow my fault. Was I a terrible person and a terrible friend? Was I really to blame for everything negative that went on around me?

It might sound drastic when you’re not in the situation, but when a series of negative events occur in your life, within a short time scale, it’s very easy to wonder why. At the time, the only so-called ‘reasonable’ explanation is that it’s down to you. You then question, am I a bad person, and you come to the conclusion that you must be, somehow.

Of course, the chances of this actually being true are extremely remote. I now know that I was simply going through a rough patch. I can’t be blamed for the fact that a few friendships ended for no specific reason. Of course, I might have been to blame in some small way, but it was probably mutual and maybe those friendships had simply run their course.

Deep down, I know now that I’m a good person with a kind heart, and sometimes a run of bad things just happen in life. What makes the difference is how you cope with it and how you bounce back.

What you should be asking yourself

If you often sit and ponder, am I a bad person, ask yourself these questions:

– Do you deliberately set out to hurt people?

– Do you think about only yourself and don’t care about anyone else?
See More https://examprestige.com/if-youre-regularly-person-read-this

Re: If You’re Regularly Asking Yourself, Am I A Bad Person: Read This by Deborah98(f): 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2020
Well it depends on individuals,but I ask people around me this same question on daily basis,like am I bad,am I wicked,did I offend you,am not asking them to hear their opinion Sha,am just asking them to free myself from the thoughts of what they might be thinking, your points make sense...
Re: If You’re Regularly Asking Yourself, Am I A Bad Person: Read This by longetivity(m): 10:37pm On Sep 03, 2020
I am a BAD purzin

(1) (Reply)

. / Gobank / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.