Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians (22363 Views)

Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn / Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase / FG To Reduce Petrol Price To ₦130 From ₦145 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by mamaafrik(m): 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2020
rastamouse:
In Ghana, cost of fuel is #320 per litre.
and how much is there minimum wage,average salary ??

2 Likes

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by mikywonder(m): 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2020
BUHARI till 2090
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by khalids: 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2020
A sensible govt would have boosted local production immediately after removing subsidy, has stabilzer for the local market and to also keep inflation in check......It would have even help our foreign reserves has we would not need to use so much in the importation of fuel...

But No....
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by edoairways: 12:15pm On Sep 04, 2020
kikero:
The fact is in 2012, we should have allowed GEJ to increase fuel prices from 65 to 140 naira

Now, at the time, landing cost for fuel was 99 naira. And we were selling it at 65 naira.

But we Nigerians refused. So GEJ cut fuel prices down to 97 and then 87...and we kept on having scarcity, smuggling and by 2013 , most marketers were already selling fuel at higher prices anyway.

If we had deregulated in 2012, we would have had a better situation now. Plus more refineries.

And the irony is that Buhari and company were protesting back in 2012. Now they are facing an issue that should have been dealt with ages ago.
Even if the price increases to N250,,they will still support PMB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by shugaboy6102(m): 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
Arijude:
I want the price to be at least 500 naira per litre. Let the war start. I'm very much ready. And also, I want buhari to go for third term.
God bless you. If its possible for him to be life president I will vote him.

2 Likes

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by Inodeyfearface8: 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2020
Macphenson:
I said this when Buhari removed the subsidy some months ago during the lock down.

Nigerians did not feel the impact because price of oil was very low then. Now economies are opening up and oil price is gradually bouncing back, so as the price of oil increases, so will the price of petrol increase as well.

There is every possibility that we may buy fuel for #200 per litre before the year runs out.

The truth is subsidy is not sustainable. It should go, my annoyance is the deciet and propaganda of APC when Jonathan wanted to remove the subsidy fully.

Tinubu led his band of confused elments and we're ignorantly making noise in Lagos , calling Jonathan all sorts of names, only for the hypocritical, selfish, greedy and deceitful entity to turn around when Buhari took over to say subsidy must go. What a lying hypocrite, So much for a presidential aspirant.

If APC allowed Jonathan to remove subsidy fully then without branding it an anti people policy, probably by now many more refineries would have sprang up in the country as it's going to attract investors in that angle, Nigerians and Nigeria were even in a better position to handle the shock and the aftermath then, as the economy is far better then than what we have today.

This is a wrong time to remove the subsidy as Nigeria is just recovering from the COVID 19 shock on our economy, government should be handing out palliatives not increasing the suffering of the people.

For the change chanters and "sophisticated people", I hope una eye Don clear now.

We are all in this mess together.

Cc

[s]
HELINUES
SIMPLYLEO
SARRKI
AFAMED
GAVELSLAM
[/s]
and other residents zombies domiciled on Nairaland.

stop making bastards popular

4 Likes

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by Brushstrokes20: 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2020
Really?... The doomed shithole is beyond redemption...
Disintegration is inevitable!
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
mamaafrik:
and how much is there minimum wage,average salary ??

Ghana min wage 25,500 monthly

Nigeria minimum wage: 30000 naira monthly
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by solmusdesigns: 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2020
udemzyudex:

Stop this nonsense excuse, you should be asking where the refinery your APC promise it will work in full capacity is now.

They keep pumping billion to repair yet they are not working, we have the crude oil yet still paying high for fuel.

Just STFU if you have nothing reasonable to post.

In case you don't know go out and find out how many modular refinery are ongoing at the moment something PDP couldn't do

Yes NNPC refinery are working fine but militants won't let crude pipes pump crude without constant vandalism
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by libertrust: 12:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
COMPLAIN KE, SEBI JONATHAN IS BAD BUHARI IS THE MESSIAH DAT WIL MAKE NGR GREATER DAN USA, UK, CHINA ETC. NOW WHERE IS SAVE NIG GROUP. PST TUNDE BAKARE, DINO MELAYE & OTHERS, THEY HAV GONE TO SLEEP. AND ALL D SAI BABAS PLS COME OUT WIT UR BROOMS. AGENTS OF SATANIC CHANGE.

2 Likes

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by roqrules04(m): 12:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
Why not make the price 250 Naira/ litre

1 Like

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by JAMO84: 12:30pm On Sep 04, 2020
Macphenson:
I said this when Buhari removed the subsidy some months ago during the lock down.

Nigerians did not feel the impact because price of oil was very low then. Now economies are opening up and oil price is gradually bouncing back, so as the price of oil increases, so will the price of petrol increase as well.

There is every possibility that we may buy fuel for #200 per litre before the year runs out.

The truth is subsidy is not sustainable. It should go, my annoyance is the deciet and propaganda of APC when Jonathan wanted to remove the subsidy fully.

Tinubu led his band of confused elments and we're ignorantly making noise in Lagos , calling Jonathan all sorts of names, only for the hypocritical, selfish, greedy and deceitful entity to turn around when Buhari took over to say subsidy must go. What a lying hypocrite, So much for a presidential aspirant.

If APC allowed Jonathan to remove subsidy fully then without branding it an anti people policy, probably by now many more refineries would have sprang up in the country as it's going to attract investors in that angle, Nigerians and Nigeria were even in a better position to handle the shock and the aftermath then, as the economy is far better then than what we have today.

This is a wrong time to remove the subsidy as Nigeria is just recovering from the COVID 19 shock on our economy, government should be handing out palliatives not increasing the suffering of the people.

For the change chanters and "sophisticated people", I hope una eye Don clear now.

We are all in this mess together.

Cc

HELINUES
SIMPLYLEO
SARRKI
AFAMED
GAVELSLAM

and other residents zombies domiciled on Nairaland.
Didn't you people say we shouldn't be talking about the Jonathan era because it is a blame game? Now that it suit your sentiments, all of you have regain the memories you have been pretending to have lost for five years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by orisa37: 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
APC IS A PARTY OF MEDIOCRES AND DULLARDS. IT HAS NO CLUE TO SOLVING THE ECONOMY.
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by biglizzy: 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
CallmeCHIKE:
They just want to kill us at this point, I remember when I would log in on here just to see y'all bashing GEJ

WHERE'S THE ENERGY FOR BUHARI?
EVEN THOUGH HE'S LITERALLY KILLING US WITH INTENSE HARDSHIP!?
Posterity will judge them all especially all those that claimed to occupy Nigeria. Now is the time to truly occupy we no see dem

2 Likes

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
Is this the change??

1 Like

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by asobo: 12:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
Welcome development, so far Dansuqi and his like doesn't have a separate market from ordinary Nigerians.

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by tot(f): 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2020
Buddy0:
Please increase it to 200 grin grin grin
We need more suffering in Nigeria, it's the only thing that will make us get sense
. God you no try for me at all... Of all countries why NIGERIA

grin grin you are wicked o
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by asobo: 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
kikero:

What is naira equivalent of Cedis?
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
asobo:
What is naira equivalent of Cedis?

My figures are in naira

In cedis

Nigeria minimum wage;449.34

Ghana:381
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by UdBonn: 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2020
Who will not expect any bad news from the bad government
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by Moscodee1990(m): 12:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
Everybody should just stop buying the fuel let's see if they will gulp it down, rubbish.
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
This buhari government is a piece of shit, from stamp duty to water bill to electricity price increment to High cost of food product, whats all this nah, now its petrol price increment the masses can't keep sacrificing while this foolish government keep stealing public funds, No good roads, poor drainage system, No security... angry angry

1 Like

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by tnerro1(m): 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
If we were a serious country, this would have been the time to send a message to the ruling party by voting out APC in both the Edo and Ondo elections, but sadly our people are educational backward and don’t know how to stop their sufferings

3 Likes

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by Miracle1991: 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
Some mumu on this platform were saying we should allow marketers to decide price,now we can see what is going on. I swear to God if we allow those greedy marketers to decide the price of this fuel we will be buying fuel at #300 per litter in the nearest future.

3 Likes

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by amadil14(m): 12:55pm On Sep 04, 2020
A country where there's no price regulation
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by GoodGovernance: 12:57pm On Sep 04, 2020
Nigerians should be stable in their thoughts,I beg.

Only those that does not support subsidy removal should complain now.

How can you support fuel subsidy removal and supported government when the price was N125.

Now the global oil price is rising ,the same people that supported subsidy removal are still complaining.

This is the highest level of insanity!
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by slivertongue: 12:57pm On Sep 04, 2020
250 by 2022
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by tnerro1(m): 12:58pm On Sep 04, 2020
kikero:

You think a country’ s wealth is determined by minimum wage? A country ‘s wealth is determined by its GDP, carry your economic text book and check out the meaning, I don’t have time to explain to you. If they like , they should make it #500 na dem sabi, I only pity the ones in the north that can’t feed themselves and still voted for this man, na dem go suffer am pass
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by malele(m): 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2020
tamdun:

Shut ur mouth, subsidy removal is OK, u can jump into lagoon if you are not OK with it

How about increase in light tariff ? It’s ok too
How about using 3.1billion dollars for custom automation , it’s ok too ?
I pity u

2 Likes

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by malele(m): 1:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
Ategberoson:

Gbenu soun Ndi imbeciles

get the fúck outta here

Sit tight bro, no need for the insults , fuel and other things will still increase , Southwest go get sense by force

3 Likes

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by omoakin22: 1:03pm On Sep 04, 2020
by dec N200

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FFK: The COVID-19 Vaccines We Are Taking In Nigeria Are Not Bill Gates Vaccines / Shehu Sani Faults Buhari's Request To Relocate AFRICOM Hqs To Africa / ASUU Strike: Presidential Primaries Can't Hold In Abuja, NANS Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.