Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians (22364 Views)

Petrol Stations Shutting Down, Marketers Warn / Marketers Warn Of Possible Petrol Price Increase / FG To Reduce Petrol Price To ₦130 From ₦145 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by ajebuter(f): 1:03pm On Sep 04, 2020
Note:

The price will only be for 'wailers'

BMC and APC members will buy at N40 per litre..

Sai Baba forever.. grin grin grin grin

God no go shame us.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
tnerro1:

You think a country’ s wealth is determined by minimum wage? A country ‘s wealth is determined by its GDP, carry your economic text book and check out the meaning, I don’t have time to explain to you. If they like , they should make it #500 na dem sabi, I only pity the ones in the north that can’t feed themselves and still voted for this man, na dem go suffer am pass

Lol, chief economist that wants people to sell fuel below the production costs, while we waste money subsidising them.

Good afternoon. You are not an economist. You want your tailor to sew your clothes for free, your baker to bak bread for free, and your teacher to teach you for free!
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by SpecTTraP: 1:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
Kill us.
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by nedekid: 1:20pm On Sep 04, 2020
Charmingrascal:
This is not the change we hoped for.

What is happening in this Country is heartbreaking and disappointing.

You voted for change? Did people not warn you? We all saw what happened in the early 80ies and warned nothing good can come out from this baba. Give him the economy of Qatar, Norway, Sweden, US, UK and in 6 months there will be recession. Tonado, zunami, fire etc will strike that will cause recession.( forces of nature sef no like am).
If you think there is a mental capacity to handle the affairs of 200m people, you must be joking. At a time we needed critical handling of the economy it took 9 months to appoint ministers saying he was taking his time. You brought a man from retirement that has not even written a book but had 20 cows to lead a country. This is now 6 years and they still blame past administrations. SMH

4 Likes

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by BigBashiru: 1:21pm On Sep 04, 2020
Buddy0:
Please increase it to 200 grin grin grin
We need more suffering in Nigeria, it's the only thing that will make us get sense. God you no try for me at all... Of all countries why NIGERIA

Not really oh...when suffering increases Nigerians won't query the source if their woes - they go and attack fellow Nigerians in the form of herdsmen, pant for rituals, kidnapping etc

1 Like

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by weyreypey: 1:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
Buddy0:
Please increase it to 200 grin grin grin
We need more suffering in Nigeria, it's the only thing that will make us get sense. God you no try for me at all... Of all countries why NIGERIA
It is going to 250

1 Like

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by bobochem: 1:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
It is time for action not flexing our muscles on the internet.Let us all occupy the street.enough of this

1 Like

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by Alwaysachick: 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
kikero:
The fact is in 2012, we should have allowed GEJ to increase fuel prices from 65 to 140 naira

Now, at the time, landing cost for fuel was 99 naira. And we were selling it at 65 naira.

But we Nigerians refused. So GEJ cut fuel prices down to 97 and then 87...and we kept on having scarcity, smuggling and by 2013 , most marketers were already selling fuel at higher prices anyway.

If we had deregulated in 2012, we would have had a better situation now. Plus more refineries.

And the irony is that Buhari and company were protesting back in 2012. Now they are facing an issue that should have been dealt with ages ago.

The worse is that they have left us to the mercy of marketers, wicked souls
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by udemzyudex(m): 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2020
solmusdesigns:

In case you don't know go out and find out how many modular refinery are ongoing at the moment something PDP couldn't do

Yes NNPC refinery are working fine but militants won't let crude pipes pump crude without constant vandalism

Keep deceiving ur likes, only people like you will believe this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by Dynamite02: 2:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
helinues:
Are this people mentally okay?

Nigerians are still looking for ways to deal with just increased price, this useless people have already been planning future increase..

Rubbish
Thank you very much.
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by Ategberoson(m): 2:12pm On Sep 04, 2020
malele:

Sit tight bro, no need for the insults , fuel and other things will still increase , Southwest go get sense by force

I guess it's sold lesser in east Dundee. why is southwest not chanting since the increment?

na your people dey cry up and down like helpless babies

wetin I won sit tight for, I don't give a damn if he made it 1000 per litre, na make money dey available to buy be my vibes and prayer

so get the fúck outta of here to súck your mama breast
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by IYANGBALI: 2:14pm On Sep 04, 2020
Make una kuku kill us and chop
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by elisho: 3:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
APC for life kill them all
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by elisho: 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2020
APC for life kill them all know mercy
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by AerialMapper: 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
No shaking! Any price, we are ready!!

I am sure a lot of the retards and zombies who supported this government into power cannot say the same

They are in their rat holes, silently cursing themselves but to embarrassed to speak out! I feel for you all
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by idafa2018: 3:43pm On Sep 04, 2020
And some people will still vote for this APC ?
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by Endemol: 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2020
SAI BABA

1 Like

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by murmee: 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2020
EastGold:
Their target is N200/litre by December
Exactly my thoughts!
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by COMPAQ(m): 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
The problem with Nigeria is that wages are too damn low. Ideally minimum wage should be N150k or something like that.

However, part of the reason it's low is simply demand and supply. Due to a high population and relatively poor educational quality, the supply of CHEAP labour is plentiful. For every accountant, lawyer, engineer who says his salary is too low, 100 people are waiting to do it.

We need to create a situation where people are better paid. Someone doing Doordash in the states (which is a side hustle) makes more that probably up to level 10 in civil service.

And this absence of a large middle class has bigger implications. It is a hindrance to development. Nigeria is in a type of situation where 10,000people are billionaires and 100,000,000 have just N1,000 (speaking metaphorically). We need to be in a position where 10million people have N1mln.

Think about it, if 10,000 billionaires have 10 cars, they have only bought 100,000 cars. If 10mln people buy 2 cars, they have bought 20mln cars.

Have you thought about why despite our population we have no Samsung, Sony, Toyota, HP, Michellin, Dunlop, LG, manufacturing in Nigeria? It's because of the scenario above. There are just not enough people to buy it and support manufacturing operations. It makes more sense to import for the 10,000. That's why the only type of manufacturing we have is Cadbury, PZ, Indoomie etc. i.e what those on a low income can afford. If an LG plant is manufacturing 1,000 split unit air conditioners a day, where are the people to buy the 365,000 they will produce in one year. And besides, a plant cannot be competitive producing just 1000 a day, due to economies of scale. A Chinese plant producing 10,000 per day will outcompete with you.

This is why I would advocate that FG sacks up to 50% of its work force, but increase the salary of the remaining 50% by 100%, so that they earn good wages to really be called middle class. It will support this economy better than employing millions of people that can barely buy a product of N5k without thinking twice.

1 Like

Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by malele(m): 4:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
Ategberoson:

I guess it's sold lesser in east Dundee. why is southwest not chanting since the increment?

na your people dey cry up and down like helpless babies

wetin I won sit tight for, I don't give a damn if he made it 1000 per litre, na make money dey available to buy be my vibes and prayer

so get the fúck outta of here to súck your mama breast

Dawg no matter what this Southwest government does, it won’t affect my people Igbo , it’s ur brodas it will affec. Owoda people
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by femi4: 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2020
kikero:
The fact is in 2012, we should have allowed GEJ to increase fuel prices from 65 to 140 naira

Now, at the time, landing cost for fuel was 99 naira. And we were selling it at 65 naira.

But we Nigerians refused. So GEJ cut fuel prices down to 97 and then 87...and we kept on having scarcity, smuggling and by 2013 , most marketers were already selling fuel at higher prices anyway.

If we had deregulated in 2012, we would have had a better situation now. Plus more refineries.

And the irony is that Buhari and company were protesting back in 2012. Now they are facing an issue that should have been dealt with ages ago.
Your theory didn't add up. If we had gone N141 as at then, by now we would have hit N200.

This is Nigeria, price doesn't come down
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2020
femi4:
Your theory didn't add up. If we had gone N141 as at then, by now we would have hit N200.

This is Nigeria, price doesn't come down

Not if there is increased investment in refineries

And recall GSM. Used to cost 23000 for a package. Now costs 1000 or less.
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
Lazy youths una good morning o.

No one has asked why bihari has not gotten the refineries working.

Make una kwontinue with bb9ja and bet9ja.
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by Ategberoson(m): 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
malele:

Dawg no matter what this Southwest government does, it won’t affect my people Igbo , it’s ur brodas it will affec. Owoda people

owoda people collect from your Igbo drivers that plight Oshodi/mile 2 road get sense

so far the Igbo drivers dey worked their ass out, the owoda people won't feel anything because the drivers must give out of their income

your stupidity is a world class one
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by TemmyT002(m): 5:56pm On Sep 04, 2020
Keep it up ooo
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by malele(m): 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
Ategberoson:

owoda people collect from your Igbo drivers that plight Oshodi/mile 2 road get sense

so far the Igbo drivers dey worked their ass out, the owoda people won't feel anything because the drivers must give out of their income

your stupidity is a world class one

Mumu dey deceive urself
Re: Further Petrol Price Hike Likely, Marketers Warn Nigerians by femi4: 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
kikero:

Not if there is increased investment in refineries

And recall GSM. Used to cost 23000 for a package. Now costs 1000 or less.
The sims are produced here while we import our fuel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

People Who Hated Niger Because Of Hatred For Buhari Now Its Best Lovers - Omokri / Senate To Buhari’s SGF, Lawal: You Must go / El-Rufai Visits Okorocha In Owerri (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.