Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion (25710 Views)

Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience / Thief Rushed To Hospital With Bloodied Buttocks After Police Drilling. Photo / How Corper Linda Nkechi Igwetu Died After Police Shot Her - She Was Treated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by oglalasioux(m): 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2020
Congrats to OP. I pray a day will come when merit and passion for the job is used to enlist people into the Nigeria Police. What we have now are mostly bunch of illiterate criminals hiding under the cover of the law.
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Mrtaye: 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2020
Hello nairalanders do you need heaps of used plastic (coke,Fanta bottle water) bottles for recycling and other purposes or you know of companies/industries that need them asap please kindly notify me via direct message.... thank you
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2020
for dis Nigeria or another one
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by monday77(m): 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2020
Nigerians should not keep quite over the ills in our society. Many things are wrong today because we not reacting. The problem with Nigeria is not only bad leadership but also bad followership.
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by otokx(m): 4:09pm On Sep 05, 2020
Nigeria will be great again.
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by TheArrowhead(m): 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2020
Excellent news!! More of them will be weeded out by God's grace!!
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:25pm On Sep 05, 2020
That means if you are about to be extorted, you must have a video evidence.
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 05, 2020
If this truly happened then I commend whoever is in charge, we need more stories like this.
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by hardbody: 5:03pm On Sep 05, 2020
Gabaleve:

Bro na social media

This is good news.

I suggest you take some precautionary measures. Change your phone number and inform your close people and business contacts your new phone number. Discard the one that you used in connection with this matter. When they get released, they will search for you, trust me.

Also consider other precautionary steps to avoid them.

We are talking about the Nigerian police here.

Kudos

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by LaboPolitics: 5:12pm On Sep 05, 2020
Liftmaster:
"Firstly, I was actually Compensated for loss time by the DPO, Every time I had to visit the station, I was paid 1500 by the DPO, according to him, 500 for feeding, 1000 for TP."

OP, Did you sign any payment vouchers or documents for the money you received? Where do you think the money came from? The shell games continue!

They obviously paid him from the extortion fees they got from other victims who didn't have the strenght or means to complain on social media, as I'm sure the DPO didn't pay him from his official salary.

The racket continues, obviously..
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by santakris(m): 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2020
hardbody:

This is good news.

I suggest you take some precautionary measures. Change your phone number and inform your close people and business contacts your new phone number. Discard the one that you used in connection with this matter. When they get released, they will search for you, trust me.

Also consider other precautionary steps to avoid them.

We are talking about the Nigerian police here.

Kudos

And probably relocate if possible. Be wise

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by cooltola(m): 5:42pm On Sep 05, 2020
Gabaleve:
https://www.nairaland.com/6000284/illegal-police-extortion-harassment-nairalanders
Prior to my earlier post (link above) here about an illegal police extortion at a checkpoint, I want to state that I have been fully refunded, compensated for time wasted and apologies on behalf of the erring officers who are currently suspended and undergoing orderly room trial.

I was contacted by the DPO exactly a week after I made the post here and on twitter after ACP Markus Ishaku and the PCRU noted my post and gave me a tracking number. When I got to the station, I didn't have much to do as my video evidence already spoke for itself. I should have posted this earlier but I have been quite busy. Am very sorry for that.

I also want to use this opportunity to thank mature and sensible characters who showed interest in the case and those who also gave words of advice.
I appreciate the efforts of the mods who pushed it to front page and also
cc:Litigator
cc:dannybrasky
cc:Queenslander
cc:uboma
cc:Stephenomozzy
cc:Stallion93
cc:ehmmy11
cc:Eillyeillz
cc:hardbody
cc:Ishilove

Modified : I just confirmed from a reliable source that the rogue officers are currently in detention at force headquarters, Abuja.
VERY GOOD NEWS
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Moscodee1990(m): 5:50pm On Sep 05, 2020
Na wa o, why would u do that to your friend Na?
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by studentofTruth: 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
I have always said that spy cameras are the only solution to police extortion and brutality. Refund is not enough. Even suspension or dismissal of the erring officers isn't enough.

Our lawyers should sit up. With correct video evidence, citizens should start sueing them for damages left, right, and center By the time they spend more than their yearly budget paying for damages, they will learn to be civil by force from the top to the lowest officers.
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by ecomalchemist(m): 6:18pm On Sep 05, 2020
What app or device did you use for this secret video recording, na the koko be that now because if you did not have any evidence, e for hard to get justice.

Congratulations you came out alive, more wins.
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by GEEBITE: 6:47pm On Sep 05, 2020
Congratulations on your restitution and may God continue to keep you safe.
Please always put the pronoun I before the auxiliary verb am.Without it the phrase or the sentence which it is being used will have no meaning.
Gabaleve:
https://www.nairaland.com/6000284/illegal-police-extortion-harassment-nairalanders
Prior to my earlier post (link above) here about an illegal police extortion at a checkpoint, I want to state that I have been fully refunded, compensated for time wasted and apologies on behalf of the erring officers who are currently suspended and undergoing orderly room trial.

I was contacted by the DPO exactly a week after I made the post here and on twitter after ACP Markus Ishaku and the PCRU noted my post and gave me a tracking number. When I got to the station, I didn't have much to do as my video evidence already spoke for itself. I should have posted this earlier but I have been quite busy. Am very sorry for that.

I also want to use this opportunity to thank mature and sensible characters who showed interest in the case and those who also gave words of advice.
I appreciate the efforts of the mods who pushed it to front page and also
cc:Litigator
cc:dannybrasky
cc:Queenslander
cc:uboma
cc:Stephenomozzy
cc:Stallion93
cc:ehmmy11
cc:Eillyeillz
cc:hardbody
cc:Ishilove

Modified : I just confirmed from a reliable source that the rogue officers are currently in detention at force headquarters, Abuja.
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by wumi2017(f): 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2020
Congrats
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Gabaleve(m): 7:04pm On Sep 05, 2020
butterfly777:

Bros, how did you make the video? Please teach us, because many people find themselves in situations like this everyday.

I explained it in the first post.. The link to the first post is right here
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Gabaleve(m): 7:09pm On Sep 05, 2020
Princerichi0:
The Nigerian police should post the rogue officers pictures on social media. The same way they do with alleged yahoo boys.

Lol.. They arr already here on NL
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by onyxo76(m): 7:13pm On Sep 05, 2020
Gabaleve:

I understand u sir.. The system is so bad believing anything that comes from the police is difficult. If i were u sir, I'd ask the same question, but yes everything thing I wrote is true and It wasn't under duress.
Firstly, I was actually Compensated for loss time by the DPO, Every time I had to visit the station, I was paid 1500 by the DPO, according to him, 500 for feeding, 1000 for TP. The first time I visited the police station, I saw two of the officers in the cell, and the DPO actually told me they will get the others and move them to the state capital for orderly room trial.

To how I got contacted, now it seems my report and the evidence got the PCRU worried, so the DPO was under serious pressure to solve the case, till today, I didn't know how they got my number but I was contacted around 9pm that day and invited by one ACP who is actually a friend to my aunt. The DPO was with him and that was how the case began. What I observed was that the DPO kept reiterating he'd never taken a dime from those rogue officers and he is worried they might implicate him so I should make sure i state everything I heard and witnessed incase am called to act as witness.

Actually I got a call from the PCRU and I testified just the way it happened. After 5 days of visiting the station, I was paid back in cash by the DPO. I had most of the events on voice and secret video recording. Too big to post here.. I can send you the recorded phone cal conversations and those at the police station if you don't mind. I got my money long ago before making this post, i just felt its wiser to put up an update here so our people don't lose hope. Just try to gather evidence at all times, it's always very helpful.

The audio and video recordings of all conversations and how i testified are too big to be posted here. I can send you a copy privately if you want sir. I just felt posting the outcome of the case here is important to give others hope and also to remind us to always get concrete evidence.
how does it feel for those officers to be in the same cell they put in suspects
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Gabaleve(m): 7:19pm On Sep 05, 2020
Mistakemaker:

Baba how you take make the video without them knowing. Them for smash your phone oo

No b lie.. Na secret camera i use
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by IjawKonsortium(m): 7:19pm On Sep 05, 2020
Mistakemaker:

How much

Just #25000
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Gabaleve(m): 7:20pm On Sep 05, 2020
Mistakemaker:

What's your email.. I need the video recording pls

Its on my YouTube
YouTube link is on d first post

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMnEuytR8jJdwIVfCt8Ut1A
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Gabaleve(m): 7:40pm On Sep 05, 2020
Liftmaster:
"Firstly, I was actually Compensated for loss time by the DPO, Every time I had to visit the station, I was paid 1500 by the DPO, according to him, 500 for feeding, 1000 for TP."

OP, Did you sign any payment vouchers or documents for the money you received? Where do you think the money came from? The shell games continue!

I think all the acting nice is to salvage his image and make me testify to his favor since he claims he hasn't received a dime from the rogue officers
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Gabaleve(m): 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2020
Jejosan:

please can I get the WhatsApp number you used in contacting the police headquarters and their hotlines
Just use twitter @PoliceNG_CRU
But here's the WhatsApp number tho, if you insist +234 805 700 0003
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Gabaleve(m): 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2020
Protein0:

I just watched all the videos you uploaded on YouTube. Kudos to you for making such videos despite the situation at hand then.
Welldone

Thanks, I appreciate.. I encourage you do same in tricky or terrible situations
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Mistakemaker: 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2020
Gabaleve:

Its on my YouTube
YouTube link is on d first post

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMnEuytR8jJdwIVfCt8Ut1A
Okay.. Thanks
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Mistakemaker: 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2020
IjawKonsortium:

Just #25000
Drop your WhatsApp number
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by Protein0: 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2020
Gabaleve:

Thanks, I appreciate.. I encourage you do same in tricky or terrible situations
I'll be glad if you give me tips on how you made the recordings tho.
Re: Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion by FengChui(m): 9:41pm On Sep 05, 2020
Deborah98:
I'll put it back...

Please do. Can you kfb?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Navy Arrests 14 Stowaways In Lagos / Indian Hemp Served As Souvenirs At Ceremonies In Onitsha - Come Alive Initiative / Man Impregnates His Niece And Also Attempts To Molest His Daughter (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.