Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine (26630 Views)

COVID-19: Ugwuanyi Grants Relief, Incentives To Taxpayers / Falalu Bello: From $10bn, Nigeria Debt Profile Now $84bn Under Buhari / Nigeria Floors Switzerland At International Sea Tribunal Over Detained Ship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by BlackBaron: 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
Nigeria has got a reprieve on a technicality. However, truth is many multi nationals pay bribe or get extorted to be awarded contracts in Nigeria.
Let both parties settle out of court.

Only issue is other international companies watching this are taking note at the possibility of a lose-lose situation should they invest in Nigeria and run into legal problems down the line.
We might end up losing such potential investments to other countries who might view us as a bigger liability despite our many advantages.
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by favor914: 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Another illiterate . before they took the case to court Nigeria was supposed to pay less than 3 billion US dollar. Because of the court cases and the interest on the money it became 6.5 billion US dollar which we were supposed to pay. We delay to pay the money now it is over 10 billion US dollar. All of these are delaying tactics, very soon you shall find out we are supposed to pay 15 billion US dollar the longer you wait the more money you are supposed to pay
Nobody is paying anyone 1 cent, instead prison time awaits those conspirators, under yaradua & Jonathan some pdp henchmen packaged a frivolous gas deal to the detriment of Nigeria, APC took over power, & exposed the agreement, actually no prison time for anyone, the People that signed that agreement with Rilwanu Lukman are all in APC today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by favor914: 2:40pm On Sep 04, 2020
BlackBaron:
Nigeria has got a reprieve on a technicality. However, truth is many multi nationals pay bribe or get extorted to be awarded contracts in Nigeria.

Only issue is other international companies watching this are taking note at the possibility of a lose-lose situation should they invest in Nigeria and run into legal problems down the line.
We might end up losing such potential investments to other countries who might view us as a bigger liability despite our many advantages.
The law, is the law, a fraud is a fraud, an agreement proven to be established on fraud is forever a nullity.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by SmartyPants(m): 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Another illiterate . before they took the case to court Nigeria was supposed to pay less than 3 billion US dollar. Because of the court cases and the interest on the money it became 6.5 billion US dollar which we were supposed to pay. We delay to pay the money now it is over 10 billion US dollar. All of these are delaying tactics, very soon you shall find out we are supposed to pay 15 billion US dollar the longer you wait the more money you are supposed to pay

Like I said, stick to what you are comfortable with. The initial award was made by a Court, and this been overruled by ostensibly, a superior Court, with sound logic. Even if the a further superior Court should make a contrary pronouncement, there will be no further expansion from now until such a time as said pronouncement may be made, since of course, at this point, the debt does not exist in the eyes of the law.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by frankmoney(m): 2:43pm On Sep 04, 2020
Good news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by ahiboilandgas: 2:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
BlackBaron:

real companies will come while scammer firms like p.i d will stay off .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by InvertedHammer: 2:48pm On Sep 04, 2020
/
How did Nigeria floor P&ID if just their plea for Continuance was granted? Arbitration and possible out of court settlement cannot be described as "flooring" a petitioner. The headline is grossly misleading.

/

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 2:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
NGpatriot:

1. This is an ongoing litigation and court process that we must see through in our favour and if you actually read, the judge said Nigeria acted reasonably well and there's a strong prima facie case of fraud on the part of P&ID.

2. The main reason for challenging the J&ID is to have the judgement and liability against Nigeria vacated, not to just sit like muimu. accept the judgement and write a check to J&ID.

3. Win or lose, not challenging court cases and judgements against you especially when you have a strong case against the judgement is irresponsible, it's reckless and total abdication of duty.

4. Not challenging such cases is inviting and giving go ahead other poachers and corrupt elements to swindle, doop you and take you to court because they know you are mumu and won't challenge them

5. What if at the end of the case they ruled in our favour and we don't have to pay 1 kobo? Are you still going to be insulting and calling us illiterates?

We are not illiterates because only illiterates roll over like mumu and write checks without challenging the fraudulent acts behind the payments.

Be patriotic and stand up for your own country and her efforts for a change because you made zero sense.

[b]Don't count your chickens before they hatch that is what I have learnt in life a white man will always support a white man that is the truth of the matter 60 years of independence you have never learnt it. Just look at the court cases abroad and how many have Nigeria won. One thing I have noticed Nigeria's never tell you the truth even when they are losing the court is there will be still fooling themselves wait and see the outcome

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by Badonasty(m): 2:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
...”Delivering his judgement on Thursday, Ross Cranston, a judge of the Business and Property Courts of England and Wales, granted Nigeria’s application for an extension of time and relief from sanctions...”

people don't read...
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by BlackBaron: 2:51pm On Sep 04, 2020
favor914:
The law, is the law, a fraud is a fraud, an agreement proven to be established on fraud is forever a nullity.

ahiboilandgas:
real companies will come while scammer firms like p.i d will stay off .

Fraud is against the law quite alright, but which multi national in Nigeria has not paid or being extorted before they can start work in Nigeria. Yes, cowboy merchants also slip through the net but this is going to jolt other well meaning investors back. Many MOU's signed by Governments past don't see the light of the day. Pretty sure, a few were down to corruption and pulling out.
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 2:52pm On Sep 04, 2020
pquaver:
Wailer we are not paying are kobo.. If you don't like it, find the nearest lagoon throw yourself. All this undercover enemies of state..

Let's wait until the end because properties have already been attacked in UK
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 2:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
Why I like the white man and the white people they know how to plan and strategize. The white man will just be fooling you that you are doing well you are making progress then they just remove the carpet from under your leg in one second you realise reality. What happened to abacha loot you still cannot learn. What happened to most of Nigeria's government money abroad you still cannot learn. You cannot stop the inevitable, these people are just deceiving Nigerians like what happened to Paris Club
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by Golan007: 2:55pm On Sep 04, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Meaning the case is still there. Only that Nigeria would have enough time to file and do proper investigations and possible prosecutions where necessary. But Nigeria will still pay fine, no matter what. I didn't see where they said court struck out the fine. Naija peeps why una dey jubilate nah. Una fall my hands big time. I saw Jonathan's name as one of those whose bank statements should be reviewed grin. They ain't find nothing. This man is the most ridiculed president ever lived. That's what happens when you allow unqualified peeps run your govt, favouring those who betrayed you during 2011 presidential election and would always betray you because of your faith and tribe. Go and ask obasanjo who was battered with all manners of attacks, including political sharia. Na military brain e use against them else, dem for dabaru him govt too.

What a pity. This contract started in yaradua government but the cabals took advantage of his ill health to dabaru everything, now blaming Jonathan for what had already been in existence before his administration. Governance is a continuum so, he wouldn't have abandoned what his predecessor had started. He hasn't done that when the north was crying that he has abandoned his oga's agenda. Buhari came and was asked to do the needful by P&ID but he acted slowly hence, the penalty. I hope they get out of it.

All this ro extricate Jonathan.

Hypocrite.

Buhari was slow even if he was in power for 3 years before Judgement while Jonathan who was in power for 5 wasnt.
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 2:56pm On Sep 04, 2020
Notatribalist:
He is a Ghanian.

To tell you the truth I have never been to Ghana in my life I was born in ibadan left Nigeria at the age of 5 years old to Sao Paulo in Brazil then I traveled a lot of African country and all over the world
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by blissbliss: 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Truth is that it’s an international court that’d judge the matter, reason why P&ID to me is still the clear winner because Nigerian govt. didn’t appeal the initial judgement and as such, interests keep piling up.

Sad to note that the monies would be taken from our foreign reserves and you cannot question it.
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by Durchmann(m): 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
Nigerians, stop commenting on headlines.

Read the body of the message to the end.

Nigeria won nothing.
We just bought time.

Nigerians, learn to read O!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
isthatso:

reading comments here, it is clear Nigerians do not read or are not interested in reading.....or maybe they read but dont understand what they read.

The judgement simply grants Nigeria more time, and Until the case is decided they cant touch our assets. the case has not been concluded.

Yes I understand they cannot touch our asset, the reality is the interest which is worrying me just look how the money is going off Form 6 billion US dollar to 10 billion US dollar very soon by 10 everything is over it will be 15 billion US Dollar the interest is what is the problem. In UK banks borrow money at 4% interest we are paying double that amount. As long as they delay the whole thing it is benefiting them if they win the court case. In fact the white man is special yahoo yahoo boys to come and learn from this one. The interest and other charges at the main problem.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:06pm On Sep 04, 2020
Ipob won't like this kinda news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Shame on Igbos, PDP, WAILERS and all enemies of Nigeria.

Igbos will weep and sorrow today.

One Nigeria forever

You forgot to add boko Haram, Islamic state ,yahoo yahoo boys, kidnappers fraudster, Bandit ,fulani ,herdsmen ,criminal worshippers, Curtis,
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by Jaapu: 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2020
bolaayenimo:
How will the relief help the poor masses from the pains of fuel price and electricity Tariff increase?

You can't comprehend because you are intellectually shallow and empty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by PDPdestroyer(m): 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2020
I expect some people to be sad over this development tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by Eriokanmi: 3:23pm On Sep 04, 2020
Golan007:

All this ro extricate Jonathan.

Hypocrite.

Buhari was slow even if he was in power for 3 years before Judgement while Jonathan who was in power for 5 wasnt.

Read the deal properly before making a judgement. I doubt if you read a single line of it. Its in the public domain. Read, read read! shocked
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by Golan007: 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Read the deal properly before making a judgement. I doubt if you read a single line of it. Its in the public domain. Read, read read! shocked

Stop bullshiting.

Your statement tries to exculpate Jonathan which I would have been silent on until you tried to criticize Buhari who actually did something about it.

Hypocrite.
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by Eriokanmi: 3:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
Golan007:

Stop bullshiting.

Your statement tries to exculpate Jonathan which I would have been silent on until you tried to criticize Buhari who actually did something about it.

Hypocrite.
just one minute no go kill you to visit Google. That's where my response to your comment would be found. Read!!!!
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by Golan007: 3:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
Eriokanmi:
just one minute no go kill you to visit Google. That's where my response to your comment would be found. Read!!!!

Shut up.

Hypocrite.
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by Eriokanmi: 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
Golan007:

Shut up.

Hypocrite.
Read shocked
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by Golan007: 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Read shocked

Hypocrite.

lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by Eriokanmi: 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
Golan007:

Hypocrite.

lipsrsealed
grin. Read my lazy friend.
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by Golan007: 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
Eriokanmi:
grin. Read my lazy friend.

Hypocrite.

Mr. 2 face.
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by SaintBeehot(m): 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
CornerBot:

500gb external hard disk available Pre-loaded with top rated udemy courses in the following in-demand I.T skills. As a beginner, get this & enjoy minimal mentorship from experts to enhance your self-learning journey

-Programming
-Web development
-Data Science
-Cybersecurity & Ethical hacking
-Cloud Computing(Google, Microsoft & AWS)
-SQL
-Mobile App Development
-Request anything to fill the remaining spaces

Over 15 highly rated courses in each category. Total Size is about 400 gigabytes. What'sapp me (Timothy) on +234-806-494 32 97 for more details

N/B you can remove the stuffs you don't want and request things that are off interest to you . Also it's paid on delivery
noted
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2020
SmartPolician:
Nigeria is in a big mess. Jonathan and his cronies have given Buhari a big problem to deal with.

Few years from today, China will start its own Wahala. What Amaechi and Buhari borrowed to finance one railway project is even bigger than our foreign reserves.

This means that if we empty all of them, we cannot pay the Chinese. It will be interesting to see how the projects they want to finance the Chinese loans with will service the loans and repay the money

I keep saying it, we don't need to keep fooling around in the name of nation building

Let's divide this country in peace if we are not ready to build it

How can all that leaders think of is how to put their country and people in a precarious position?

By this verdict, the court has only postponed the Doom's day because giving Nigeria time does not sound like a solution to the morass.

Giving Nigeria time so that they can collect more interest from Nigeria.

I agree with you a lot everybody must go their own way. Do the whole of the South must be one side the whole of the North must been other side like what happened to Pakistan and India
Re: Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
you have said all that needs to be said, I can’t see this regime escape paying 3-4 billion dollars at least. They had the opportunity of negotiating out of court I think far back 2015/16 for a way smaller amount but the usual lethargic nature of this government made everything worse. They obviously think the Nigerian mentality of wishing away flies or nightmares would work in this case (insha Allah and vibes mentality). What a white man sees is a valid contract signed by relevant government officials, billions will definitely be paid cool

But Jonathan came in and agreed to pay some of the money and agreed to the terms and contract. Is just this fulani man right now which has decided no all the money belongs to his people. What he is doing kicking all the companies out of Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru / Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving / "This Is The Govt I Fought For"Released Blogger Abubakar Sidik Voices Out.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.