Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona (41710 Views)

Messi Confirms PSG Transfer Is “A Possibility” As He Says Goodbye To Barcelona / Lionel Messi Confirms The Birth Of His Third Son, Ciro / Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever (2) (3) (4)

Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by Goke7: 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
make this boy retire for barca jor and stop disturbing us with his tantrums
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by olajosy: 6:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
Messi would be free as Freetown by next year that his contract would be over while Barcelona eyes go clear and they would be singing "had I know". What more do they want from someone that have won them all the trophies they deserved for over 19years and still counting
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by ogbonnachrys: 6:25pm On Sep 04, 2020
He doesn't want to spend his money on legal tussle. Wise decision from Leo
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by Codes151(m): 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2020
Coward.

Greedy
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by duality(m): 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2020
Club leadership will be scapegoat for players incompetence.

Had messi equalized the 8-2 and won the match will we be hearing all these?

Club leadership paid him, gave him resources, he played the match and didn't win

So it's the club leadership to blame?

PSG that didn't win at the final should also punish the club leadership?

Messi and berca faced a stiff competition and didn't win QED!

they should go back evaluate and strategize

That's the way I understand it.

Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by Lamasta(m): 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
prekumohtim:

I can see that the journey took many days
As in ehn those barkans will be exhausted when dey get home grin

Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by mariahAngel(f): 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
Messi is like the new wife who throws tantrums and carries face at the slightest undecided

Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by Bahamas95(m): 6:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
What's the need keeping an unhappy player in your team, Barca should have allowed him leave.

I wonder why they wanna pay him back this way after all he did for them. Selfish club!

Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
ojaysam25:
grin.....cowardssi
Got any problem with the dude?

Hating on one of the most successful footballers - the greatest footballer ever, says something very ill about your sense of reasoning and even your personality.
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by mexbee1(m): 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
fergie001:

Source

Messi and Barca b like say dem sign Life deal
After all the Table wey him don shake Lol
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by Munieer(m): 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
We first know

Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by TheArrowhead(m): 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
Just hope he won't score own goals!!
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by stagger: 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2020
Messi needs to seriously think about his legacy. What will be his future after his playing career? Naturally, being a one-club man would have put him in good stead for a board position or the club's presidency. But shooting down the club publicly is going to close that door and close it fast.

Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by rockyh(m): 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
Sonnk:
I hate it when a matured man doesnt know his left or right. Must you involve your father in all your dealings? Ronaldo is better than you. Take it or leave it.
his father is also his agent so see it from the agent angle not family ties
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by Ybholy(m): 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2020
Better for him oooo
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by smallsmall: 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2020
daddytime:
Mtcheeew

It is common sense for him to honor his existing contract, see out this season, enjoy his almost £100m earnings, help them to relegation if that's where the board will be happy to go, then take a stroll with no bad blood next season to retain and maintain his legendary status with the club.

Very easy matter wey dem no need think twice.

I am sure you did not read the article otherwise, you would have seen where the Father fo Messi QUOTED excerpts from the Contract, about the release clause! No sheeshee money is applicable if he leaves AT THE END OF HIS CONTRACT IN 2018/2019 Season that has just finished.

La Liga and Barcelona are just arm-twisting Messi, as a Foreigner, knowing that his leaving will send their value tumbling down. This is very unfair and l am not a fan of Messi or Barca at all, dem too dey dive.

But if l were Messi, l will just be scoring OWN GOALS and blasting chances sky-high, nobody will tell them before they put me on leave for the next one year, if they wont allow me leave. I will even get Nose injury sef
angry grin
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by factoryreset2: 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2020
ojaysam25:
grin.....cowardssi

He's afraid of new challenge. Lazy G.O.A.T
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by rockyh(m): 6:46pm On Sep 04, 2020
Bahamas95:
What's the need keeping an unhappy player in your team, Barca should have allowed him leave.

I wonder why they wanna pay him back this way after all he did for them. Selfish club!
did any club bring his buyout clause and Barca still held on to him the answer is no.the honorably thing would have been to act like neymar's did.
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by smallsmall: 6:46pm On Sep 04, 2020
Sonnk:
I hate it when a matured man doesnt know his left or right. Must you involve your father in all your dealings? [/b]Ronaldo is better than you. Take it or leave it.

[b]What Nonsense are you saying?
Every Player has an AGENT to look after their interest and who is best to look after your interest, if not you rFather who made you?
Is that not the problem most Nigerian Players face when they go abroad and one Dodgy Agent sign them into a Perpetual Contract of slavery?
undecided undecided
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by Cvesta(m): 6:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
Attention seeking Argentine. No balls
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by tfash96(m): 7:03pm On Sep 04, 2020
After Devil Barcelona should be the next thing u shouldn't do anything with
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by Laboni: 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
Barcelona is the ultimate looser in all these. Why not cash in on him this year than wait 12 months and loose him free of charge? ... This Bartomumu and his board members are just clueless in everything.
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by Rajosh(m): 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
barca hopes to make him sign an extension
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by Gabbriell: 7:14pm On Sep 04, 2020
paulolee:

relax which mind?? isnt it better to cash in on him now that lose him for free next season?? a 200m in the purse can go a long way in getting 2 or 3 players in the market than keeping an unhappy player dt would still end up leaving after jus a season....dts bad business

He might not leave. They will keep persuading him with a marvelous 2 year contract that he can't refuse. He just threw in a vital point; for him to leave, it has to be a family decision.
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by Petersamuel8(m): 7:15pm On Sep 04, 2020
I always knew from the unset he's going nowhere
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by Beedude(m): 7:17pm On Sep 04, 2020
duality:
Club leadership will be scapegoat for players incompetence.

Had messi equalized the 8-2 and won the match will we be hearing all these?

Club leadership paid him, gave him resources, he played the match and didn't win

So it's the club leadership to blame?

PSG that didn't win at the final should also punish the club leadership?

Messi and berca faced a stiff competition and didn't win QED!

they should go back evaluate and strategize

That's the way I understand it.
I guess u don't understand why Barca's leadership is to blame.
Since 2016, the team has been in decline.
4-0 to PSG before turning it around was the first sign
Losing to Roma in 2018 after winning first leg 4-1 was the second sign.
Losing to Liverpool in 2019 after winning first leg 3-0 was the third sign.
The final nail was losing 8-2 to Bayern this year.

The team isn't competing and the board is the one Incharge of players entry and exit.
Players like K. Baoteng, Vidal shouldn't even feature in Barca cos they have passed their prime.
These are signs of failed management.

When u keep doing same thing over and over and expect a different result, then it means u are naive and inexperienced.
When u see a management that is working you have to admire them. Examples are Man city, Bayern and Liverpool. Most of there signings are shrewd signings and will make good impact on the team.
Barca bought Coutinho only to loan him to Bayern.
Barca sold Traore to Wolves only to spend millions on Dembele.
Athur sold to Juve and Pjanic a player above 30 is coming to Barca.
Old players like Pique and Busquet are without replacement.
La masia prospects are being ignored

I can go on and on with my list.

This board and Buhari have many things in common
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by Powerfly(f): 7:20pm On Sep 04, 2020
Wow! I'm not gonna stop fanning barca... But you see me putting them in my ticket? Never!
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by villagecraft: 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
Barca now have to keep an unhappy player on 1M a week wages who will no doubt affect the dressing room and will lose him on a free and will have to pay him a 63M loyalty bonus when he leaves.. Who makes the decisions at that club?!
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by Igahbarr: 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2020
If I were barca, I would cash in on him to avoid losing him for free after next season. Any money realised can buy 3 quality players for his replacement. The evil day has just been postponed.
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by MRSUCCESS70: 7:40pm On Sep 04, 2020
At Last All Barca Fans Will Have Rest Of Mind Now. Messi Is Going To Retire For Barca, Is Not Going Anywhere.
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
Bayern has the right drugs to inject Messi's mind to leave Barca....

Let him say his final decision now or remain dumb after meeting Bayern next season
Re: Messi Confirms Stay At Barcelona by froze6(m): 7:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
MRSUCCESS70:
At Last All Barca Fans Will Have Rest Of Mind Now. Messi Is Going To Retire For Barca, Is Not Going Anywhere.
not only barca fans every soccer lover,it's now looks like he would be the first player to leave a team

Afcon 2021: Nigeria Squad Numbers Revealed / PHOTOS: Alex Iwobi Becomes LG Electronics' Brand Ambassador / Alexis Sanchez Signs For Manchester United