Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? (61404 Views)

Lady Left Devastated After Paying N2.5 Million For A Fake Visa. / Pls Which Country Can I Travel To With ₦1.5 Million To Hustle? / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2020
dasparrow:

With what visa are you trying to enter a foreign country with precisely? Because to "hustle" legally you will need a work permit or permanent residency for the country you intend going to. To get a work permit for a western country is not easy at all talkless of permanent residency which can take years. It does not even matter how much money you currently have because that money will run out quick once you have to start paying rent, utility bills and groceries in your new country of residence.

Too many Nigerians I have noticed have enough money for airline ticket but do not have sufficient money to live relatively comfortable in the western world long enough until they can obtain either a work permit or permanent residency.

In addition, Nigerians are not aware that immigration policies are getting tougher and tougher each year. Even countries that are considered developing countries are making it extremely difficult for immigrants and potential immigrants how much more advanced countries.

I am not trying to discourage you. I am not saying you shouldn't migrate but what I am saying is be realistic. I see too many Nigerians stuck here abroad suffering. They couldn't get their papers (work permit, permanent residency permit, naturalized citizenship) as they had hoped for. They have no money to survive and before you know it, they start engaging in crime just to survive thereby soiling the already damaged reputation of Nigeria further. There is a reason why foreign missions in Nigeria make it so difficult for Nigerians to obtain a visa.

Many of you think that we are picking money on the streets here abroad but that's a fallacy. If you are able to get at least a work permit that will enable you to legally pick up employment in the country you are planning to migrate to, then by all means make the move. However, if you are thinking of coming on a tourist visa with the hope of overstaying, you will be making a big mistake.

Many of these Western countries are voting in leaders lately who are leaning towards conservative, right wing, anti-immigrant ideologies and don't want people from so-called "shithole" countries coming to their countries in search of the proverbial greener pastures except if you are perhaps a professional with skills being highly sought after in these advanced nations, example medical professionals for instance.

So think about all I have said considering that you are already married with a child. If you get stuck abroad for years on end, don't complain when another man starts taking care of your wife's sexual needs. After all, body no be firewood. Your child also needs you the father. Just saying.

- From a concerned foreign-born Nigerian residing legally in the diaspora

You have said it all.

Just a little addition:

If you don't have anyone overseas that is willing to accommodate you for a while and guide you on how to legitimately extend your your stay before the expiration of your visa in that country, you may end up becoming a cow that went to Texas with the hope of becoming a cowboy only to end up as a canned beef.

Leaving the shores of Nigeria shouldn't be based on how much naira you have rather, it should be based on how much factual informations you know about the country you want to travel to.

What are their immigration requirements and policies for immigrants?

What's the cost of leaving in that country?

What are the required skill set's that are in high demand?

Are they generally receptive to immigrants or generally hostile?

What is their economy like?

These are just a few things you can research on that will expand your knowledge about a country you intend to migrate to and not about the naira you have.

Your millions of naira when converted to most countries currencies becomes a few thousands and God Forbids you fall sick and requires medical attention, then you will have to pay out of pocket since you have no medical insurance and you get a medical bill as cheap as $1500 for just staying a few hours in the hospital.

You can now see how your money is beginning to evaporate on unforseen circumstances beyond your contemplations nor control and these are just early days with more unforseen occurrences still ahead.

You just don't get into a country and start working the next day, it could take month's depending on the work eligibility requirements of that country which is why you really need to do a thorough research about the country you intend to migrate to before embarking on that journey.

Traveling agents are only interested in your money and will tell you all the sweet stories you want to hear in other to get your money and then ship you out to the wilderness were you will meet with hard-core reality.

Your final decisions should be knowledge-based.

Wishing the OP the very best.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by TechSkill: 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2020
Raylight2:

Are you a lecturer? I hope you are not. If you are, hope your students still love you like this?

I hope you're not expecting answers because the guy is confused
make una no vex. na me find trouble na...

As for the ones that sent PM, please I didn't make this post because I want anybody to contact me. I was only interested in the OP of this thread.

Again, make una no vex. na me find trouble.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by AirBay: 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2020
Goddys:

my bro, if I should go to UK for study, I have concluded in my mind that I won't secure graduate job. Is the wisest thing not to work more than 40 hours a week and have only 20 hours documented for immigration purposes when I know I will be back in 4 years.

At the end, if I fail to come back with £20,000 after the entire four years, then I will consider myself a failure.

His siblings were clearly not hustlers eventho they might had gone when it was 1 yr 4 months.

I have a friend in UK working 60 hours and still studying on top

Baba mi wa gbayi jare.
Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by id911(m): 3:35pm On Sep 07, 2020
Timijo:
This guy is seeking attention and he's getting it. Shingbai he no get.

You know nothing bro! The Op has the money and I'm certain he can multiply that money or even more before the year runs out if baba God smiles on him again. Speak only of what you have an idea of.

Liftkid, I wish you well. Say me Hi to your little princess.

3 Likes

Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by swiperthefox: 3:35pm On Sep 07, 2020
SmartyPants:

Ghana beats Nigeria only in security and power supply to be honest. And even then, that is if you compare from the bird's eyeview.

In real terms living in Abuja is better than living in Accra across all income levels.
Do you know that Ghana has a health card for their citizens, which includes free medical care and medication?
Do you know that Ghana has free tuition from primary to secondary school, and they also feed everyday in school?
Ghana is a 1000% better than Nigeria. What is the use of a beautiful environment with nothing to offer your citizens?

5 Likes

Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by cray91(m): 3:38pm On Sep 07, 2020
haha just say al african countries would be best advised!
Golan007:
Ghana, Togo and Burkina Faso.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by Branduche: 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2020
Usa and Canada

Most preferable: CANADA
And go with your family at once.
Easier to process as a married man.

Savings: you need at least $10k( using current exchange rate)
To be stable

1 Like

Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by ChocolateHigh: 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2020
sunboy:
Free advice; 2.5m will not get you anywhere in the western world “legally” If you want to go get visit visa and not return ... that makes you “illegal” ... so if you wish to do it the legal way, 2.5m will not reach you.

This is from my experience; 2.5m can be multiplied x 10 within a year or two if you are genuinely looking to hustle. After my NYSC, I moved to Benin, Porto Novo to be precise with less than that amount and the rest is history.

If you think Benin republic is a country you might want to move to legally and live a comfortable life ? Reach out privately ...

I can give you a few business ideas that you can do in Benin “legally” and turn that 2.5m around quickly... on the long run When you make enough then you can decide if you want to still go oyinbo country or not.
What are those opportunities?
I reside in Porto-Novo right now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by sacajawea: 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2020
Adex2442:

I dont have any idea bro. I haven't been there before.. Do u wanna travel
Then why did you Suggest it to the OP?
Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by id911(m): 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2020
TechSkill:
make una no vex. na me find trouble na...

As for the ones that sent PM, please I didn't make this post because I want anybody to contact me. I was only interested in the OP of this thread.

Again, make una no vex. na me find trouble.

Sir, you're really wasting your precious time and energy trying to lecture some ignorant folks here. Make u leave them bro.

I have an idea about this stuff and only trying to get some little funding before I can launch out.

3 Likes

Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by Jeffy1206(m): 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2020
Aba will be fine for you wink
Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by erico2k2(m): 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2020
soobaba:

How can one process the spousal visa for Australia?
Go to the travel section that deals with what you seek 4, stop wasting your time here!
Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by Emmasnoop(m): 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2020
No venture No success, my Guy leave this lifeless country called Nigeria , just go anywhere you won go Nor think am twice.

3 Likes

Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by swiperthefox: 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2020
darediamond:

Although doing any work, with #2,500,000, you can be making upward of #700,000 PURE PROFIT EVERY 90 days here in Nigeria!!!

No Running cost nor Operation cost etc. Just pure profit.

Is it that you looking for a greener pastures or you are scared by the High Level of insecurity in some part of Nigeria that is why you want to leave?What type of work will generate 700k profit every 90 days?

Tell us your main reason(s) why you want to leave.
Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by Aguogba(m): 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2020
BlueOrange:

Shengen, Belgium, Denmark, France, Netherlands, Spain, Malta

Canada
I live within the Schengen, Fixed
Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by erico2k2(m): 3:52pm On Sep 07, 2020
swiperthefox:
Do you know that Ghana has a health card for their citizens, which includes free medical care and medication?
Do you know that Ghana has free tuition from primary to secondary school, and they also feed everyday in school?
Ghana is a 1000% better than Nigeria. What is the use of a beautiful environment with nothing to offer your citizens?
You think so? try and talk to a Ghanian on a level playing field you will realise they envy us Nigerians. Who told you Nigerians do not have free health care? some of us do cos we paid for it, It's not free to everybody in Ghana only the paying few just like in the USA. Let me tell you something, the ghana nation per index figure is poorer than Nigeria, We are a high consumer environment and economy, we are more resilient than most other African countries, as bad as we may be, we have the mantle of change within our own hands, the way forward is to stop the over-dependency on government.

4 Likes

Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by BlueOrange: 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2020
Aguogba:

I live within the Schengen, Fixed

Lol. I included them because it's just within reach from Schengen central
Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by erico2k2(m): 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2020
byrron:

You have said it all.

Just a little addition:

If you don't have anyone overseas that is willing to accommodate you for a while and guide you on how to legitimately extend your your stay before the expiration of your visa in that country, you may end up becoming a cow that went to Texas with the hope of becoming a cowboy only to end up as a canned beef.

Leaving the shores of Nigeria shouldn't be based on how much naira you have rather, it should be based on how much factual informations do you know about the country you want to travel to.

What are their immigration requirements and policies for immigrants?

What's the cost of leaving in that country?

What are the required skill set's that are in high demand?

Are they generally receptive to immigrants or generally hostile?

What is their economy like?

These are just a few things you can research on that will expand your knowledge about a country you intend to migrate to and not about the naira you have.

Your millions of naira when converted to most countries currencies becomes a few thousands and God Forbids you fall sick and requires medical attention, then you will have to pay out of pocket since you have no medical insurance and you get a medical bill as cheap as $1500 for just staying a few hours in the hospital.

You can now see how your money is beginning to evaporate on unforseen circumstances beyond your contemplations nor control and these are just early days with more unforseen occurrences still ahead.

You just don't get into a country and start working the next day, it could take month's depending on the work eligibility requirements of that country which is why you really need to do a thorough research about the country you intend to migrate to before embarking on that journey.

Traveling agents are only interested in your money and will tell you all the sweet stories you want to hear in other to get your money and then ship you out to the wilderness were you will meet with hard-core reality.

Your final decisions should be knowledge-based.

Wishing the OP the very best.
Bro, let me say this very quick and short, ABROAD, depend on nobody except GOD, if you plan is based on a friend..family or a person helping you out, you plan is as good as dead in the 1st instance!

8 Likes

Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by swiperthefox: 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2020
TechSkill:

You never ready. when u ready, u know what to do. I have met your kind many times. People like you will doubt even if it is Jesus talking to you. Your mind have been programmed to NEVER to believe what is possible. I am sure you feel I am lying about everything I have said. If Alibaba was not popular, you would have also doubted that one too and even say no site like Alibaba exist or it is not possible. Even if the person behind this moniker was among those that built the importation archive in 2013 starting with El Mateo and co, you don't know.

Mind you, I was only interested in speaking to the OP of this thread, not you or anyone else. If I had ignored and not wasted my time, you would have gone on saying he is lying...

if I show you my website which I use for my importation, you will still say I am not the owner. If I log into my facebook ads dashboard and show ads I run, you will still say I stole someones screenshot, not like you would even be able to interpret anything that goes on there anyway...

I am not the cause of doubts, go cure your mind before asking for answers that you will never accept as true.
Bros I am interested if you can guide me.
Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by pooozeee(m): 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2020
it's enough to take you to Canada
Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by faoogoke(m): 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2020
I will advice you don't travel any where but stay in Nigeria.
Whatever you did to earn N2.5 million please continue to do and you can earn much more money.
The foreign land you want to go to with all your planning and expert advice still boils down to permutation.
2 years wait can turn to 10 years and you are still waiting to get a "good" job, your wife and children are yet to join you.
The sad part is that your children would miss a fatherly presence in their life and you will tempt your wife into sexual immorality.
Those countries members are advising you to go are not easy to live in.
My counsel, stay in Nigeria, raise your children, love your wife and trust God for the best.
Difficult as things are in Nigeria, school cert holders are getting jobs of N500,000 monthly. Yes!
Unless baba God bless your hustle sorry...

1 Like

Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by mfm04622: 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2020
babakb:
Your only option is to go for Asylum/Refugee claim in Canada.....

Please don't try this!!!!
Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by izubext007: 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2020
Gabon or north east Nigeria
Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by TechSkill: 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2020
id911:

Sir, you're really wasting your precious time and energy trying to lecture some ignorant folks here. Make u leave them bro.

I have an idea about this stuff and only trying to get some little funding before I can launch out.

I don't blame them... You know there is a way Nigeria will fork up your mind and you will NEVER believe what is possible out there. Anyway, it is good for others like us who want to hustle it out.

As for yours, make sure you test every time before you import anything. Pay for samples to be sent, have a feel of it before u order bulk.

Basically, I usually run a demo ads by setting up landing page for the product. After that, I will then pay facebook to run ads and drive traffic to my page. There is no way to know if people are interested in what you are offering except you run ads.

Some times, I get idea from other people's ads, especially those foreign dropshippers and I save their ads( I have built a huge archive with this method and I don't need to rack my brain to think about what to import or sell). I also have some unfinished landing pages too due to corona, one in particular is the drone market.

Even if the ads from these guys suggest good conversation, I usually run another ads to test the Nigerian market.

When I get some optin, say 5 to 6 with 24 hours, I will pause the ads and import it, though you can scout jiji too to get the product and sell to the demo ads optin, pending when your product arrive..

Video ads converts more for me. I usually get them from Youtube and use Camtasia to edit it a bit in order to suit my need.

It can be stressful because most Nigerians are wired differently and some can really frustrate you but at the same time, it is a game of numbers.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 07, 2020
yusufmurry:

Bro, you so knowledgeable about this. Pls can we talk further. I am interested and met all you listed that is required.

Check your email. Thanks
for canada visit https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by TechSkill: 4:10pm On Sep 07, 2020
swiperthefox:
Bros I am interested if you can guide me.
do you have basic internet marketing skills?
Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by swiperthefox: 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2020
TechSkill:
do you have basic internet marketing skills?
Yes
Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by Sniper101(m): 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2020
Bros, if na so ppl take dey travel overseas with a meagre sum of 2.5miller, me for dun drop lappy travel enter Australia even before Corona reared it's ugly head by early February o

My advice to you is: do more of what you did to make that money and make more money, before you can then think or plan on leaving Nigeria.
Or...you could just stay back in Nigeria, look for something reasonably lucrative and invest your 2.5million naira on.

Best of Luck!

1 Like

Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2020
erico2k2:

Bro, let me say this very quick and short, ABROAD, depend on nobody except GOD, if you plan is based on a friend..family or a person helping you out, you plan is as good as dead in the 1st instance!

I'm also going to correct your wrong assertions very quickly and will also keep it short.

First of all, God uses human's to help humans.

Secondly, you can't just pack your luggage and embark on a journey where you have zero informations about nor people to guide you, most of the stranded people loitering around in various parts of the world started like this and it ended badly.

Your learning curve overseas becomes lot more easier when you have valuable informations from those that have been there for a while and they can be friends, family members or even stranger's and I'm writing from my own personal experience which overruled your generalized assertions as if it is a universal norm.

Your plan is as good as dead if your plan is based on your own reasonings alone without the impute of those more knowledgeable than you on areas you may need help from.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by eagleonearth(m): 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2020
dasparrow:

With what visa are you trying to enter a foreign country with precisely? Because to "hustle" legally you will need a work permit or permanent residency for the country you intend going to. To get a work permit for a western country is not easy at all talkless of permanent residency which can take years. It does not even matter how much money you currently have because that money will run out quick once you have to start paying rent, utility bills and groceries in your new country of residence.

Too many Nigerians I have noticed have enough money for airline ticket but do not have sufficient money to live relatively comfortable in the western world long enough until they can obtain either a work permit or permanent residency.

In addition, Nigerians are not aware that immigration policies are getting tougher and tougher each year. Even countries that are considered developing countries are making it extremely difficult for immigrants and potential immigrants how much more advanced countries.

I am not trying to discourage you. I am not saying you shouldn't migrate but what I am saying is be realistic. I see too many Nigerians stuck here abroad suffering. They couldn't get their papers (work permit, permanent residency permit, naturalized citizenship) as they had hoped for. They have no money to survive and before you know it, they start engaging in crime just to survive thereby soiling the already damaged reputation of Nigeria further. There is a reason why foreign missions in Nigeria make it so difficult for Nigerians to obtain a visa.

Many of you think that we are picking money on the streets here abroad but that's a fallacy. If you are able to get at least a work permit that will enable you to legally pick up employment in the country you are planning to migrate to, then by all means make the move. However, if you are thinking of coming on a tourist visa with the hope of overstaying, you will be making a big mistake.

Many of these Western countries are voting in leaders lately who are leaning towards conservative, right wing, anti-immigrant ideologies and don't want people from so-called "shithole" countries coming to their countries in search of the proverbial greener pastures except if you are perhaps a professional with skills being highly sought after in these advanced nations, example medical professionals for instance.

So think about all I have said considering that you are already married with a child. If you get stuck abroad for years on end, don't complain when another man starts taking care of your wife's sexual needs. After all, body no be firewood. Your child also needs you the father. Just saying.

- From a concerned foreign-born Nigerian residing legally in the diaspora
sparrow, mo fe lo Canada, any advice for me?
Re: Which Country Can One Travel To With N2.5 Million? by DragonFire433: 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2020
izubext007:
Gabon or north east Nigeria

LOL

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

See The Roofless Aircraft With 96 Passengers That Landed Safely After Explosion / COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company / Lorry Kills 8 Hawkers In Awka Anambra, Youths Burn Lorry-Load Of Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.