Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Hurray! We Just Completed Our First Major Brief From Nairaland. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hurray! We Just Completed Our First Major Brief From Nairaland. (211 Views)

Newly Completed Phase Of Ariaria International Market With Lift & AC Added (Pic) / Ebonyi Mall: The Largest Mall In Nigeria Almost Completed (Pics, Video) / 100TPD Palm Kernel Oil Extracting Factory; A Project I Got From Nairaland (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hurray! We Just Completed Our First Major Brief From Nairaland. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2020
It was one of those days that I usually don't have a plan. I used to waste bulk of those days with my phone, doing all manner of stuffs, while away from physical contacts.

I soon realized I was wasting these restful days, as I could actually put it to proper use. I have always wanted to write.

My writing skill is not so good, and to make matters worse, I don't usually have the patience to read and edit. I am always in a hurry.

My better friend has always suggested I start writing. There were actually two things he suggested. One, I start reading in pursuit of knowledge and information.

Secondly, I learn to write. For anything worth doing at all, is worth doing badly. But truth, be told, since I started handling major briefs, my writing skills has improved tremendously, but I am not so sure of the grammaticals.

I will sure be glad to learn that. It will be great to actually be able to put a comma, apostrophe, colon, semi-colon where it ought to be. cheesy

His message just popped up on my whatsapp, and we got talking. It was a difficult case, the possibility of going to jail was on the table, if we didn't act wisely.

It was his friend who is a Nairalander that has been following my post, and response to other people's post that told him about me.

His case was a pretty difficult one. Sometimes,thiings like these makes you wanna give up on the system. At other times, one must stand and fight for his right.

It was an unwritten contract with a foremost institution. We needed to prove implied contract, and thus claim quantum meruit payment for work done. But it was indeed a long road.

But there was devine intervention, and we had a major break. We succeeded in getting an angle in law.

Armed with necessary information having spent days ruminating and researching, we finally analyzed evidence we had with legal principles, and we were able to come up with a case plan.

We approached the court and filed three separate actions. The three defendants are gaints. They could afford the services of senior advocate and bleed us through the courts.

But God intervened. The biggest of the three defendants got one of our processes that caught them on the blind spot.

They invited us, we flew in, we had meetings, the case was settled. Guess what! my client got a good deal and an order to go and bring a proper proposal for the job.

It was a major win for him, as he was able to access some good cash and save his brand. He was not going to jail.

And as for me, aside been paid, I had an all expenses paid vacation out of Lagos.

The end.

Cc: Uboma

1 Like

Re: Hurray! We Just Completed Our First Major Brief From Nairaland. by hontimmy(m): 8:15pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hh
Re: Hurray! We Just Completed Our First Major Brief From Nairaland. by uboma(m): 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2020
Good one @ Litigator.

You have been of great help to us on this forum.

Thank you for always being there to provide legal support to humanity.

(1) (Reply)

Invest Now And Earn Big (oxford Group) / Whatsapp Is Dead. Money Awaken / Business Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.