Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,475 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable (3285 Views)

Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy / "Lazarus Mouka Worships Python" - Uche Eze (Video) / Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Boyslick(m): 10:21am On Sep 09, 2020
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 09, 2020
DappaD:

grin grin grin

So you thought i don't have the holy ghost shey? embarassed
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by DappaD: 11:16am On Sep 09, 2020
Maximus69:

So you thought i don't have the holy ghost shey? embarassed

Ken4Christ follow get nau grin grin
But im own explanation go differ shocked
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Ken4Christ: 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2020
DappaD:

@highlighted,
So it's now you agree that Jesus was speaking figuratively? Why then will you say the “lake of fire” is a literal place?
Or are you the one who gets to decide which one is literal and which is figurative?

As you can see, you've been cornered to speak the truth. grin

It was used figuratively to denote the true hell fire. There are a few other verses that Jesus neither used Gehenna or Hades. He simply described it as furnace of fire in some verses while in others, he calls it everlasting fire. And this is confirmed in the book of Revelation. You had better believe and plan not to go there. Unfortunately, a larger percentage of the world population will go to hell. But you can opt out if you accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour. Stop being proud and stubborn. You know I am saying the truth. But deep within, you are deliberately ignoring the voice of the Holy Spirit.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Ken4Christ: 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2020
Maximus69:

Well you're entitled to your PERSONAL opinion! cheesy

It's not my personal opinion but what the Scripture says. Unless you have another interpretation for the verses I quoted.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by DappaD: 1:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
Ken4Christ:

It was used figuratively to denote the true hell fire. There are a few other verses that Jesus neither used Gehenna or Hades. He simply described it as furnace of fire in some verses while in others, he calls it everlasting fire. And this is confirmed in the book of Revelation. You had better believe and plan not to go there. Unfortunately, a larger percentage of the world population will go to hell. But you can opt out if you accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour. Stop being proud and stubborn. You know I am saying the truth. But deep within, you are deliberately ignoring the voice of the Holy Spirit.

Carry this your useless hellfire doctrine comot from my front

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 09, 2020
Ken4Christ:

It's not my personal opinion but what the Scripture says. Unless you have another interpretation for the verses I quoted.

Interpretation

That's the secret! smiley
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Janosky: 3:10pm On Sep 09, 2020
KNOWMORE56:

If we look into the Word, we'll see that there's hell.

The way it's used some places, it's not the physical grave but the place for departed souls.

Bros, who told you Hebrew 7585 in Psalms 6:5 and Psalms 9:17 mean different things?

Who told you that Hebrew 7585 in 1 Samuel2:6 and 2Samuel22:6 mean different things?

Bros, Whatever you interpretation you give to Hebrew 7585in Psalms 6:5, Psalms 9:17,
1 Sam2:6 and 2 Sam22:6, your Bible says David and Job went there to rest

grin grin grin

Continue to DECEIVE yourself grin

Yahweh have spoken:
Ecclesiastes 3:20
"All go to one place: All come from dust, and all return to dust."

Genesis2:7

Then Yahweh formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed the breath of life into his nostrils, and the man became a living soul.

Job 34:15
all flesh would perish together and mankind would return to the dust.

Psalm 90:3
You return man to dust and say, "Return, O sons of mortals."

Psalm 103:14
For He knows our frame; He is mindful that we are dust.

Psalm 104:29
When You hide Your face, they panic; when You take away their breath, they die and return to dust.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
before the dust returns to the ground from which it came, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Genesis3:19
In the sweat of your face shall you eat bread, till you return to the ground; for out of it were you taken: for dust you are, and to dust shall you return.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 09, 2020
Ken4Christ:

The highlighted is where you shoot yourself in the foot!

These are the qualities of the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit:-
LOVE
JOY
PEACE
PATIENCE
GENTLENESS
GOODNESS
FAITH
MILDNESS and
SELF-CONTROL! Galatians 5:22-23
Please explain how GOD who is the epitome of all these qualities {1John 4:8} fit in to the concept you're propagating "ETERNAL TORMENT"! Jeremiah 7:31, 19:5 smiley

Just the first three qualities of God's Holy Spirit is enough to prove that you're a product of delusion! Matthew 7:16-18 smiley
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Janosky: 3:35pm On Sep 09, 2020
Ken4Christ:

Adams body returned to the dust but we are not told where his soul went to.

You can't use a few Scriptures to refute the fact that hell doesn't exist when there are scores of Scriptures to support it's existence.

Hell is not even the final destination for lost souls. Those in hell will eventually be released for final judgment and will be thrown into the Lake of fire which is worse than hell.

So, you had better give your life to Jesus and serve God faithfully before it is too late. God doesn't send people to hell. Your decision does.
Bros, is Genesis2:7 and 3:19 in your Bible?

Bros what is the meaning of Hebrew 7585 in your Bible @ Psalms 6:5 and Psalms9:17?

You are very confused, Bros.
Christendom claims that God tortures people forever in hellfire grin & our Bros ,
Ken4Christ said:
"Hell is not even the final destination for lost souls. Those in hell will eventually be released for final judgment and will be thrown into the Lake of fire which is worse than hell."

Ken4Christ says torture in hellfire is not forever, Lake of fire will take over from hellfire, Bros you are confused grin grin grin
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Janosky: 3:52pm On Sep 09, 2020
Ken4Christ:

It's my claim that there is sorrow in hell? Please quote your own version or translation of the same verses I made references to. Did I write the Bible? If hell is grave, then there is sorrow in the grave. But we know that lifeless bodies cannot sorrow, so the Scripture couldn't have been referring to the grave.

Translators are humans and they can make mistakes. If the Bible, not I says there is sorrow in hell, can that hell be the same grave we all see?

1kings2:6, " go to Sheol/the grave in peace.
Read am in any Bible.
Psalms 6:5, Psalms 9:17,Job14:13-14, Job , David and everyone else went there.
Your Bible says Hebrew 7585 is "the grave, hell, Sheol' , NEVER hellfire.
No dey DECEIVE yourself,Bros.
The only mistake is you who FALSELY claim that Hebrew 7585 is hellfire
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Janosky: 4:18pm On Sep 09, 2020
Ken4Christ:

You are grossly dishonest. Gehenna was used figuratively. Jesus wasn't talking about the physical place called Gehenna because at that time, it was never used to burn humans but refuse.

If you are in doubt about any message, you make consultation with other Scriptures to establish the truth.

Our Lord Jesus gave a Parable of the wheat and tares and he interpreted the tares to be the children of the wicked one that will be burnt with fire. He didn't use Gehenna here. He also did not use hell here. Are you saying that Jesus didn't know what he was saying. Read the full passage below;

The Parable of the Wheat and Tares

Matthew 13:24-30
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

The Interpretation

Matthew 13:37-43
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; note

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

If after reading this passage, you still don't believe that there is a place of torment where the wicked go to according to the very words of our Lord Jesus, then you are a child of the devil and you will not escape the damnation of Hell.

Do you know it is wickedness to see the truth of God's word and deny it. God is warning people of the danger of Hell so they can correct their ways but you are telling people otherwise. That makes you an anti Christ. And your judgment will be worse because you are turning people away from the truth of God's word. Please repent before it is too late.

Bros Ken, you are not honest. grin cheesy
Jesus NEVER said Gehenna is a place of everlasting torture, why do you FALSELY claim that Mark9:43-45 is talking about hellfire?
Whereas, Bros Ken confirmed that nobody was tortured and tormented forever in Gehenna.

Matt13:30,40 "Gather the gates and BURN THEM", did Jesus say the tares are tortured forever in your hellfire? cheesy grin

Jesus says fire burnt the tares.
Let's agree that "the tares" represents "Wicked People burnt by fire, according to Jesus Christ.
Bros, do you mean that Wicked People of Sodom & Gomorrah are still gnashing their teeth now? grin grin grin grin
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 09, 2020
Janosky:

Jesus NEVER said Gehenna is a place of everlasting torture, why do you FALSELY claim that Mark9:43-45 is talking about hellfire?
Whereas, Bros Ken confirmed that nobody was tortured and tormented forever in Gehenna.

Matt13:30,40 "Gather the gates and BURN THEM", did Jesus say the tares are tortured forever in your hellfire? cheesy grin

Let's agree that "the tares" represents "Wicked People burnt by fire, according to Jesus Christ.
Bros, do you mean that Wicked People of Sodom & Gomorrah are still gnashing their teeth now? grin grin grin grin

Don't underestimate those demons dealing with them o!

They often take some of them into Astra travels showing them horrible sights in their dreams all to no avail!
It's when you read posts of possessed atheists like otem that you'll realize that demons are really awesome in their ability to infuse horrible thoughts into the minds of unbelievers! smiley
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by KNOWMORE56: 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2020
Maximus69:

The understanding has been given to a few! Daniel 12:10

Even if you read the word a million times, you can't make any sense without consulting those to whom the secret has been revealed! Matthew 13:10-15

So keep reading while there's no understanding! wink

Max, any understanding outside the Word it's not taken
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by KNOWMORE56: 6:05pm On Sep 09, 2020
Maximus69:

Question ~ What is SOUL?
Answer ~ a living creature! Genesis 2:7

Question ~ Doesn't anything survives death in a living creature after death?

Answer ~ NO! Ecclesiastes 3:19-20

A million dollar question! [b]Where is Adam (the first and foremost sinner) presently?

You'll read for sure but can never understand. Daniel 12:10 wink

I will try and reply your post, although it may not be immediately.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by KNOWMORE56: 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2020
Maximus69:

Question ~ What is SOUL?
Answer ~ a living creature! Genesis 2:7

Question ~ Doesn't anything survives death in a living creature after death?

Answer ~ NO! Ecclesiastes 3:19-20

A million dollar question! [b]Where is Adam (the first and foremost sinner) presently?

You'll read for sure but can never understand. Daniel 12:10 wink

Soul is the 'frame' that carries the spirit of/in man.

*. Genesis 2: "7
KJV:And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; AND MAN BECAME A LIVING SOUL.

Note:
this statement 'AND MAN BECAME A LIVING SOUL' means MAN BECAME SOUL THAT CAN NOT DIE.

The soul is eternal!

2. Yes, human souls continue existence after death.

*. Luke 23:43 "KJV:And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, TODAY SHALT THOU BE WITH ME IN PARADISE."

Note:
this statement 'TODAY SHALT THOU BE WITH ME IN PARADISE' means there is more to the man after death.

Moreover I see nothing in Ecclesiastes 3:19-20 that suggest 'nothing survives death in a living creature after death'

*. Ecclesiastes 3:19 "
KJV:For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

KJV:All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

KJV:Who knoweth THE SPIRIT OF MAN that GOETH UPWARD, and THE SPIRIT OF THE BEAST that GOETH DOWNWARD to the earth?

Note:
The speaker is just comparing and contrasting man and animals:

THE SPIRIT OF MAN...GOETH UPWARD,
and

THE SPIRIT OF THE BEAST GOETH DOWNWARD...

That's all.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by KNOWMORE56: 6:56pm On Sep 09, 2020
Janosky:

Bros, who told you Hebrew 7585 in Psalms 6:5 and Psalms 9:17 mean different things?

Who told you that Hebrew 7585 in 1 Samuel2:6 and 2Samuel22:6 mean different things?

Bros, Whatever you interpretation you give to Hebrew 7585in Psalms 6:5, Psalms 9:17,
1 Sam2:6 and 2 Sam22:6, your Bible says David and Job went there to rest

grin grin grin

Continue to DECEIVE yourself grin

Yahweh have spoken:
Ecclesiastes 3:20
"All go to one place: All come from dust, and all return to dust."

Genesis2:7

Then Yahweh formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed the breath of life into his nostrils, and the man became a living soul.

Job 34:15
all flesh would perish together and mankind would return to the dust.

Psalm 90:3
You return man to dust and say, "Return, O sons of mortals."

Psalm 103:14
For He knows our frame; He is mindful that we are dust.

Psalm 104:29
When You hide Your face, they panic; when You take away their breath, they die and return to dust.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
before the dust returns to the ground from which it came, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Genesis3:19
In the sweat of your face shall you eat bread, [b]till you return to the ground; for out of it were you taken: for dust you are, and to dust shall you return.[/b

Don't worry, the Word will tell which is which.

It's clear from the Word that the human body is dust/ earth/clay...

*. Genesis 2:7 "KJV:And the Lord God FORMED MAN OF THE DUST of the ground, and BREATHED INTO HIS NOSTRILS the breath of life; AND MAN BECAME A LIVING SOUL.

*. Genesis3:19 "KJV:In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: FOR DUST THOU ART, and unto DUST SHALT THOU RETURN"

*. Ecclesiastes 12:7 "KJV:Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: AND THE SPIRIT SHALL RETURN UNTO GOD WHO GAVE IT.

Note:

FOR DUST THOU ART...DUST SHALT THOU RETURN...AND THE SPIRIT SHALL

RETURN UNTO GOD WHO GAVE IT.

So we can see that man = body + soul +
+ spirit ✓
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2020
KNOWMORE56:

means MAN BECAME SOUL THAT CAN NOT DIE.The soul is eternal!

2. Yes, human souls continue existence after death.

*. Luke 23:43 "KJV:And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, TODAY SHALT THOU BE WITH ME IN PARADISE."

God's word proves that the bolded is a lie, because it's stated that SOUL CAN DIE Ezekiel 18:4

And @ Luke 23:43 Jesus said

"I promise you today, you will be with me in Paradise"

First of all, Paradise is going to be here on earth not heaven.

Secondly only Born Again Christians can go to heaven!

Finally Jesus was in the grave for three consecutive days so it couldn't have been that same day that he went to Paradise with the thief! wink

1 Like

Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Janosky: 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2020
KNOWMORE56:

Don't worry, the Word will tell which is which.

It's clear from the Word that the human body is dust/ earth/clay...

*. Genesis 2:7 "KJV:And the Lord God FORMED MAN OF THE DUST of the ground, and BREATHED INTO HIS NOSTRILS the breath of life; AND MAN BECAME A LIVING SOUL.

*. Genesis3:19 "KJV:In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: FOR DUST THOU ART, and unto DUST SHALT THOU RETURN"

*. Ecclesiastes 12:7 "KJV:Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: AND THE SPIRIT SHALL RETURN UNTO GOD WHO GAVE IT.

Note:

(*1)
FOR DUST THOU ART...DUST SHALT THOU RETURN...AND THE SPIRIT SHALL

RETURN UNTO GOD WHO GAVE IT.

So we can see that man = body + soul +
+ spirit ✓

Bros, there is NOTHING in Genesis2:7. 3:19 & Ecclesiastics 12:7 which in any way support your False Triune claim of man.

Which scripture in your Bible says the soul returns to God?
In fact, your (*1) is Scriptural proof that your *2 is man made Fraud.

From Genesis to Revelations ,You have no Scriptures to support your wishy-washy claim of *2. grin grin
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Ken4Christ: 11:05pm On Sep 09, 2020
Janosky:

But there are Scriptures that reveals the fire will be forever.

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

The verse above used the word everlasting fire which means the same thing as for ever and ever.

Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

The English used is very simple. Look at the phrases used; Everlasting fire and everlasting punishment.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Ken4Christ: 11:09pm On Sep 09, 2020
Janosky:

Read am in any Bible.
Psalms 6:5, Psalms 9:17,Job14:13-14, Job , David and everyone else went there.
Your Bible says Hebrew 7585 is "the grave, hell, Sheol' , NEVER hellfire.
No dey DECEIVE yourself,Bros.
The only mistake is you who FALSELY claim that Hebrew 7585 is hellfire
grin grin grin grin

So, you are saying, it should read, the sorrows of grave or the pains of grave? How does it sound to you? You are contradicting yourself because you believe the dead knows nothing. So, how come they are having sorrows in the grave and pains also? You must believe one. If you say it was wrongly translated hell, that it should be grave. Is there sorrow in the grave?
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Ken4Christ: 11:14pm On Sep 09, 2020
Janosky:

Bros, is Genesis2:7 and 3:19 in your Bible?

Bros what is the meaning of Hebrew 7585 in your Bible @ Psalms 6:5 and Psalms9:17?

You are very confused, Bros.
Christendom claims that God tortures people forever in hellfire grin & our Bros ,
Ken4Christ said:
"Hell is not even the final destination for lost souls. Those in hell will eventually be released for final judgment and will be thrown into the Lake of fire which is worse than hell."

Ken4Christ says torture in hellfire is not forever, Lake of fire will take over from hellfire, Bros you are confused grin grin grin

If you are released from cell awaiting judgment and after conviction, you are taken to the prison, your punishment continues. From hell to Lake of fire is like from frying pan to fire. So, there is no contradiction. The smaller fire is now consumed in the bigger one and the people in it suffer greater torment. They will be swimming in liquid fire for the rest of their lives And that is what will happen to you if you don't repent. You had better start training how to swim now so you can keep your head above the liquid fire.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by KNOWMORE56: 11:15pm On Sep 09, 2020
Ken4Christ:

So, you are saying, it should read, the sorrows of grave or the pains of grave? How does it sound to you? You are contradicting yourself because you believe the dead knows nothing. So, how come they are having sorrows in the grave and pains also? You must believe one. If you say it was wrongly translated hell, that it should be grave. Is there sorrow in the grave?

He won't answer the question
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Ken4Christ: 11:20pm On Sep 09, 2020
Maximus69:

The highlighted is where you shoot yourself in the foot!

These are the qualities of the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit:-
LOVE
JOY
PEACE
PATIENCE
GENTLENESS
GOODNESS
FAITH
MILDNESS and
SELF-CONTROL! Galatians 5:22-23
Please explain how GOD who is the epitome of all these qualities {1John 4:8} fit in to the concept you're propagating "ETERNAL TORMENT"! Jeremiah 7:31, 19:5 smiley

Just the first three qualities of God's Holy Spirit is enough to prove that you're a product of delusion! Matthew 7:16-18 smiley

They are not the qualities of the Holy Spirit but the nature of the new man in Christ. We are the ones that bears the fruit. Jesus said he is the vine and we are the branches. Fruits grows on the branches. So that verse talks about the nature or character that is in every child of God who is born again. The translators erroneously used capital letter S suggesting it refers to the Holy Spirit. It is referring to those who are born again. If you are born again, you should have love, joy and peace in you as well as other fruits.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Ken4Christ: 11:34pm On Sep 09, 2020
DappaD:

You are invariably insulting Jesus because he mentioned it several times. He even rebuked those who refuse to repent and told them they will not escape the damnation of hell. If you don't repent, you will not escape it. Please, give your life to Christ and save yourself from the torment of Hell.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by DappaD: 11:36pm On Sep 09, 2020
Ken4Christ:

You are invariably insulting Jesus because he mentioned it several times. He even rebuked those who refuse to repent and told them they will not escape the damnation of hell. If you don't repent, you will not escape it. Please, give your life to Christ and save yourself from the torment of Hell.

tongue
DappaD:

...and never return. angry
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Janosky: 12:06am On Sep 10, 2020
Ken4Christ:

No dey DECEIVE yourself Bros. grin
These are the scriptures you are changing their true meaning to suit your hellfire scam.
I will quote each of them here.
Psalms 6:5, Psalms 9:17,Job14:13-14,
1kings2:5-6
David Instructs Solomon
…5Moreover, you know what Joab son of Zeruiah did to me—what he did to Abner son of Ner and Amasa son of Jether, the two commanders of the armies of Israel. He killed them in peacetime to avenge the blood of war. He stained with the blood of war the belt around his waist and the sandals on his feet. 6So act according to your wisdom, and do not let his gray head go down to Sheol in peace.
Psalms 6:4-5 ,Darby Bible
4Return, Jehovah, free my soul; save me for thy loving-kindness' sake.

5For in death there is no remembrance of thee; in Sheol who shall give thanks unto thee?

Psalms 9:16-17
16Lord Jehovah makes known the judgment that he does, and the wicked is caught by the work of his hands.

17The wicked shall turn back to Sheol, and all the peoples that forget God

Job14:13
If only You would hide me in Sheol and conceal me until Your anger has passed! If only You would appoint a time for me and then remember me!

Verdict:
Sheol meaning "the grave" not hellfire.
To call it "hell", is a misnomer.
The Better word is "the grave".
From the Bible's Evidences here, we can all agree that there is no locus standi for Mr Ken to hold on to his long held deception and make FALSE claims contrary to the holy scriptures-

Case closed grin cheesy grin

Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by madegreatbygrace(m): 4:30am On Sep 10, 2020
It’s actually a parable. Some say it’s not a parable because Jesus mentioned specific names such as Lazarus and Abraham. They say that not knowing the meanings and significance of those names. What’s more, the focal point of this parable is not Hades, but about the lost.

In this parable, there are three characters. The first is the dead, rich man. We know he is Jewish for he calls Abraham father. The rich man represents the nation of Israel which had long dined at the table of the Lord’s abundance. Israel was rich in favor, blessed on account of God’s gracious promises to Abraham.

It’s important to state that God’s definition of riches is different from man’s. In God’s dictionary, the rich man is not the one with abundant material possessions.

“And He said to them, “Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭12:15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

The rich man is rich towards God. The rich man is rich in salvation and the knowledge of Christ.

“For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich.”
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭8:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

The other two characters in the story are, Abraham and Lazarus. Abraham means “Father of many nations” (Gen 17:5). This is a prophetic name. Abraham is not merely the Jews’ father, but the father of all who believe (Rom 4:16).

Finally, there’s Lazarus who sat outside the rich man’s gate. If the rich man represents the Jews who were favored, then Lazarus represents the Gentiles who longed to eat the crumbs that fell from the rich man’s table (Matt 15:27). Lazarus is the reject who is received and the lost who is found.

In the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, Jesus is NOT saying that the rich are going to hell and the poor are going to heaven. Nor is he saying if you neglect the poor you’ll burn forever.

The rich man’s problem was not that he was rich, for Abraham was exceedingly rich, but he wasn’t hungry. Only the hungry eat the Bread of Life and only the thirsty drink the Living Water. The man was like those who boast, “I am rich and do not need a thing,” and to whom Jesus responds “you do not realize that you are wretched, poor, blind, and naked” (Rev 3:17).

In the parable Jesus is talking about Israel. The Israelites thought they were special on account of their father Abraham.

“If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would do what Abraham did” (John 8:39).

And what did Abraham do? He trusted God. He rejoiced in Jesus (John 8:56).

In the parable Abraham tells the rich man that he had received “good things” (v.25). Like the rich man the nation of Israel had also received good things such as God’s favor, the law, the prophets, and most especially, the promise of salvation . But they did not receive Jesus. They enjoyed the blessings, but scorned the Blesser. They received the gifts, but not the Giver.

The rich man is not lost because he was rich or stingy. He’s lost because he doesn’t know Jesus.

What about Lazarus? Why does he end up in a good place? Jesus provides few clues. In the story Lazarus says no words that we might memorize and he does no deeds we might emulate. The beggar is wordless and deedless. The only significant detail Jesus tells us is his name, which means “God has helped.”

In this world there are two kinds of people; those who help themselves and those who say, “God, help me!” The rich man was the former; Lazarus was the latter. The rich man trusted in himself; Lazarus trusted in the Lord.

Lazarus wasn’t blessed because he was poor, but because he was hungry and thirsty. “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness.” He wanted what the Lord offered, and this made all the difference. God loves to give good gifts to all, but not all receive:

He has filled the hungry with good things but has sent the rich away empty. (Luke 1:53)

God bless.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by KNOWMORE56: 7:34am On Sep 10, 2020
Maximus69:

God's word proves that the bolded is a lie, because it's stated that SOUL CAN DIE Ezekiel 18:4

And @ Luke 23:43 Jesus said

"I promise you today, you will be with me in Paradise"

First of all, Paradise is going to be here on earth not heaven.

Secondly only Born Again Christians can go to heaven!

Finally Jesus was in the grave for three consecutive days so it couldn't have been that same day that he went to Paradise with the thief! wink

My posts is to show from the Word that soul is not = flesh/physical body.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Boyslick(m): 8:18am On Sep 10, 2020
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Boyslick(m): 8:21am On Sep 10, 2020
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 10, 2020
KNOWMORE56:

My posts is to show from the Word that soul is not = flesh/physical body.

You are a disappointment!

Because you said "souls can't die, souls are immortal"

Now that you can see for yourself that the Bible (God's word) didn't agree with your assertion you want to shift the goal post shey?

My friend, whether you like it or not what God's word said is Adam is dead completely nothing survives after a man dies! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pray For Pastor Chris And Christ Embassy If You Love Christ / Anchor University Student's Matriculation On 22 March, 2017 / Sexual Orientations And Objective Morality.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.