Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy (3014 Views)

The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable / Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man? / Bible Parable And Sermon: The Prodigal Son and what it really means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by AntiChristian: 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
"Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. ...While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; ...And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage:" Matthew 25:1-2,5-6c,10a-c (See verses 1-13).

It should be noted, however, that this is not a literal, physical marriage to literal, physical women. While it was only a parable, even so, Jesus would never have described Himself this way in a parable if polygamy was a sin.

If polygamy was sinful I think Jesus would never have used it in his parable. Note one man vs many women as wives.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Mickykarim: 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2022
SENSELESS AND STUPID THROUGH AND THROUGH!

People who want to just make thoughtless commentaries should tarry awhile to look through and reflect on the stupid ridicule they are about to make of themselves, including the consequences of such buffoonery.

THE PASSAGE OF THE TEN VIRGINS WAS NOT AND NEVER ABOUT POLYGAMY, RATHER ABOUT UNPREPAREDNESS OF PARTICIPANTS IN A CRUCIAL CELEBRATION.

My Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ was talking about adequate preparations and readiness for the Kingdom of God and by the way, when did UNMARRIED VIRGINS become married in any polygamy?

WHERE IN THE PASSAGE AND OR SCRIPTURES DID IT SAID AND OR IMPLIED THAT THE VIRGINS WERE EVER MARRIED? THIS GOON PERHAPS DID NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD 'POLYGAMY" AND MIGHT HAVE DONE HIMSELF A WORLD OF GOOD BY CHECKING IT BEFORE THIS SPURIOUS EXPRESSION OF BLASPHEMY ENGROSSED IN ABJECT IGNORANCE.

This are why we have several FAKE churches and FAKE pastors littering our landscape. MISINTERPRETATIONS of the WORDS of God, the BIBLE.

8 Likes

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by AntiChristian: 5:08pm On Mar 14, 2022
Mickykarim:

People who want to just make thoughtless commentaries should tarry awhile to look through and reflect on the stupid ridicule they are about to make of themselves, including the consequences of such buffoonery.

THE PASSAGE OF THE TEN VIRGINS WAS NOT AND NEVER ABOUT POLYGAMY, RATHER ABOUT UNPREPAREDNESS OF PARTICIPANTS IN A CRUCIAL CELEBRATION.

My Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ was talking about adequate preparations and readiness for the Kingdom of God and by the way, when did UNMARRIED VIRGINS become married in any polygamy?

WHERE IN THE PASSAGE AND OR SCRIPTURES DID IT SAID AND OR IMPLIED THAT THE VIRGINS WERE EVER MARRIED? THIS GOON PERHAPS DID NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD 'POLYGAMY" AND MIGHT HAVE DONE HIMSELF A WORLD OF GOOD BY CHECKING IT BEFORE THIS SPURIOUS EXPRESSION OF BLASPHEMY ENGROSSED IN ABJECT IGNORANCE.

This are why we have several FAKE churches and FAKE pastors littering our landscape. MISINTERPRETATIONS of the WORDS of God, the BIBLE.

Read the part in red and re-reply!

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Mickykarim: 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2022
"Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy".

For me to continue with you and tolerate this MISINTERPRETATION further, you may have to explain the incoherence in the HEADER with UNMARRIED VIRGINS and where it was said that they were married into POLYGAMY anywhere in the scriptures.

I would advise you do not further advance your HERETIC tendencies.
Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by AntiChristian: 5:52pm On Mar 14, 2022
Mickykarim:

For me to continue with you and tolerate this MISINTERPRETATION further, you may have to explain the incoherence in the HEADER with UNMARRIED VIRGINS and where it was said that they were married into POLYGAMY anywhere in the scriptures.

The unmarried virgins were waiting for the bridegroom ( not bridegrooms)!

Those that were ready went to meet the groom!

Many ladies vs one groom!

That's polygyny!

8 Likes

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Mickykarim: 7:13pm On Mar 14, 2022
Where did the Bible indicate the bridegroom married all the virgins? Your comprehension is hereby put to question if a bridegroom was to choose from coteries of single ladies and or Virgins.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by AntiChristian: 7:22pm On Mar 14, 2022
Mickykarim:
Where did the Bible indicate the bridegroom married all the virgins? Your comprehension is hereby put to question if a bridegroom was to choose from coteries of single ladies and or Virgins.

It wasn't a real marriage. It was a parable. This was stated in the OP.

Many ladies were mentioned! They all went up to meet the bridegroom.

What does bridegroom mean to you?
How does many ladies went to meet one bridegroom?

Think please!

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Broveens42(m): 7:35pm On Mar 14, 2022
AntiChristian:

Think please!

You have a point.
When you say something is like, it's a semblance.
So whatever you use as parable is actually a standard at that level of association.

Just like saying; "any tree that doesn't bear fruit will be cut down" ; it's actually a practice at that level of association while considering the actual meaning.

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Mickykarim: 8:23pm On Mar 14, 2022
I have observed you are about beating about the bush. You have refused to answer my earlier questions instead responded with several SENSELESS BASLESS questions such as below.

"What does bridegroom mean to you? How does many ladies went to meet one bridegroom?".

LET ME CONCEDE TO YOUR BUFFOONERY FOR ONCE AND THE PURPOSE OF THEIS DISCUSS THAT I DO NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD "bridegroom" WHICH I COULD EASILY LOOK UP AND COME UP WITH THE MEANING.

Having proved the ABSURDITY of your asking above. Let me put this to the test of your very crass head once more time.

"Where did the Bible indicate the bridegroom married all the virgins? Your comprehension is hereby put to question if a bridegroom was to choose from coteries of single ladies and or Virgins."

Hopefully, you still remember the TITLE of this exchange and I might have to remind and try to help your porous brain that it is about the INCOHERENCE of a DISJOINTED title head from the body. Including the HERESY of UMARRIED virgins against POLYGAMY.

Where is the correlation of an ambiguous MISINTERPRETATION of the SCRIPTURES?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Dtruthspeaker: 8:33pm On Mar 14, 2022
AntiChristian:

Read the part in red and re-reply!

The part in red says, "It is not about marriage" yet, you choose to link it with "polygamy" which is about marriage!

So, how does this make any Good sense?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:34pm On Mar 14, 2022
Only Jehovah's Witnesses realize that God's way of dealing with humans is not the same but as He observes our advancement He deals with different generations according to the level of their understanding.
©Adam's children married one another, Lot impregnated his own daughters, Judah impregnated his daughter in-law, before God prohibit incest.
Does that mean God must continue harboring incest since He never condemned Adam's children, Lot or Judah? smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Dtruthspeaker: 8:45pm On Mar 14, 2022
AntiChristian:

The unmarried virgins were waiting for the bridegroom ( not bridegrooms)!

Those that were ready went to meet the groom!

Many ladies vs one groom!

That's polygyny!

Your evil mind you will never see that during a wedding, the groom and bride only invite maidens to the wedding AND NOT WHORES AND PROSTITUTES.

Revelation 19:7-9 - Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

"His wife" not His wives.

O Lord, surely it is Time that you Come and wipe all these evils away.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Dtruthspeaker: 8:53pm On Mar 14, 2022
AntiChristian:

Think please!

So in the weddings you attended were you were not blocked by the bouncers, you married both the bride and the women in there and all of them became your wives? sad

You are above and beyond all reasonable and unreasonable doubt, Mad, both in Truth and in deed!

It shall never be well with your soul forever and ever. Amen!
Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Broveens42(m): 9:24pm On Mar 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Your evil mind you will never see that during a wedding, the groom and bride only invite maidens to the wedding AND NOT WHORES AND PROSTITUTES.

Revelation 19:7-9 - Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Stop getting yourselves worked up.
These are differing opinions of people on levels of association in the good book and doesn't in any way imply a law.
It's just like narrating... "So ada went with her biological dad to the market".. this doesn't in any way suggest that ada would be wrong if she went with her foster father to the market.

Having said that... Take a closer look at the op's write-up...
1. The kingdom of God would be likened.
2. To ten virgins
3. Five wise ones went with the bridegroom to marriage..

So according to your parable.. who are the five virgins?
Who is the bridegroom?

Because from your logic, the 5 virgins are supposed to be the wives(who were ready) and who went up for marriage, citing the passage you gave in Revelations.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Mickykarim: 9:29pm On Mar 14, 2022
If you are now making my point. SOMETHING TELLS ME YOU MUST BE A VERY SICK LITTLE FELLOW.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by GreatAxeMan: 9:35pm On Mar 14, 2022
He's a mudslime and his stated objective on this forum is to reduce Jesus to the abysmally low standards of his immoral, lecherous fake prophet MADhaMAD.

Mickykarim:

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Dtruthspeaker: 9:46pm On Mar 14, 2022
Broveens42:

Stop getting yourselves worked up.
These are differing opinions of people on levels of association in the good book and doesn't in any way imply a law.
It's just like narrating... "So ada went with his biological dad to the market".. this doesn't in any way suggest that ada would be wrong if she went with her foster father to the market.

Yes, there are different opinions but do we all lay back, do minie-minie-manny-mo and pick up any of those opinions? No.

We go for the best and the most Truth Full.

And by your presentation, the ONLY TIME THAT ADA WOULD BE SAID TO BE GOING TO THE MARKET WITH HER BIOLOGICAL DAD IS WHEN SHE HAS A SECOND "DAD"

OTHERWISE IT WOULD ALWAYS BE "ADA WENT WITH HER DAD TO THE MARKET". Nothing like "biological dad" in that statement at all.

That is how Certain, The Law, is!

Broveens42:

Having said that... Take a closer look at the op's write-up...

Having said that, the op's write up is an eye sore. Exactly like a looking at an overflowing gutter, watching the shit and shit water flowing into the road with that horrible vomit causing smell.

Broveens42:

1. The kingdom of God would be likened.
2. To ten virgins
3. Five wise ones went with the bridegroom to marriage..

So according to your parable.. who are the five virgins?

Which five virgins? There are 2 groups of five virgins!

Any way by your "Five wise ones went with the bridegroom to marriage" clearly, those are the ones who understood the value of adequate diligent preparation to attend an important wedding they desired to attend.

Broveens42:

Who is the bridegroom?

Ephesians 5:25-27 and Revelation 19:7-9 show that it is Christ!

Broveens42:

Because from your logic, the 5 virgins are supposed to be the wives who went up for marriage citing the passage you gave in Revelations

No where in my logic did I say that they "are supposed to be wives". That is you, saying so.
Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 9:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
PLEASE READ THESE VERSES BELOW.

[color=#990000][/color]
1 CORINTHIANS 7: 2,3 &4
But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.
The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.
The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife.
Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Broveens42(m): 10:04pm On Mar 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes, there are different opinions but do we all lay back, do minie-minie-manny-mo and pick up any of those opinions? No.

We go for the best and the most Truth Full.

And by your presentation, the ONLY TIME THAT ADA WOULD BE SAID TO BE GOING TO THE MARKET WITH HER BIOLOGICAL DAD IS WHEN SHE HAS A SECOND "DAD"

OTHERWISE IT WOULD ALWAYS BE "ADA WENT WITH HER DAD TO THE MARKET". Nothing like "biological dad" in that statement at all.

That is how Certain, The Law, is!

Having said that, the op's write up is an eye sore. Exactly like a looking at an overflowing gutter, watching the shit and shit water flowing into the road with that horrible vomit causing smell.

Which five virgins? There are 2 groups of five virgins!

Any way by your "Five wise ones went with the bridegroom to marriage" clearly, those are the ones who understood the value of adequate diligent preparation to attend an important wedding they desired to attend.

Ephesians 5:25-27 and Revelation 19:7-9 show that it is Christ!

No where in my logic did I say that they "are supposed to be wives". That is you, saying so.

Lol. You think you are smart.
Your explanation gave it away without your knowledge.

The five virgins according to you are those that are ready to meet up with the Lord.

And the verse you cited in Revelation clearly states that the wife should be ready just as the
five wise virgins to meet the lamb

Your only problem is stereotypy.; Where you think one level of association is right over another (ie. Monogamy over polygamy)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Dtruthspeaker: 10:59pm On Mar 14, 2022
Broveens42:

The five virgins according to you are those that are ready to meet up with the Lord.

For what is the question?

To attend a wedding to eat jollof rice and cow meat!

Broveens42:

And the verse you cited in Revelation clearly states that the wife should be ready just as the
five wise virgins to meet the lamb

And you see the word "the wife" NOT THE WIVES.

Broveens42:

Your only problem is stereotypy.; Where you think one level of association is right over another (ie. Monogamy over polygamy)

My Stereotype is "The Law Clearly Said" the wife" NOT the wives.

And this is restated again and again and again! grin
Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Kenneth4u205(m): 4:30am On Mar 15, 2022
I understand the origin of your confusion.the way marriage is conducted then is different from how we do it today. In those days,when a young man want to get married, all the young virgins will be invited for a dance and he will chose his wife from among them .they young man you mentioned will have to chose from one of those ten virgins.Go and read the book of Esther in the Bible . How thousands of virgin were invited but Esther was finally chosen as the king wife
AntiChristian:

"Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. ...While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; ...And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage:" Matthew 25:1-2,5-6c,10a-c (See verses 1-13).

It should be noted, however, that this is not a literal, physical marriage to literal, physical women. While it was only a parable, even so, Jesus would never have described Himself this way in a parable if polygamy was a sin.

If polygamy was sinful I think Jesus would never have used it in his parable.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Broveens42(m): 6:52am On Mar 15, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

For what is the question?

To attend a wedding to eat jollof rice and cow meat!

And you see the word "the wife" NOT THE WIVES.

My Stereotype is "The Law Clearly Said" the wife" NOT the wives.

And this is restated again and again and again! grin

Lol.
Good morning Mr. Lawyer
I'm surprised you couldn't put up a strong point

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by AntiChristian: 8:24am On Mar 15, 2022
Kenneth4u205:
I understand the origin of your confusion.the way marriage is conducted then is different from how we do it today. In those days,when a young man want to get married, all the young virgins will be invited for a dance and he will chose his wife from among them .they young man you mentioned will have to chose from one of those ten virgins.Go and read the book of Esther in the Bible . How thousands of virgin were invited but Esther was finally chosen as the king wife

O! Sorry! This was not the context in the Parable. The wise virgins were prepared and the foolish ones were not. No selection was also mentioned in the parable.

Even a selection of brides like that of Esther would jeopardize the meaning of the parable. Just think deep bro! No be fight!

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by AntiChristian: 9:54am On Mar 15, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

So in the weddings you attended were you were not blocked by the bouncers, you married both the bride and the women in there and all of them became your wives? sad

You are above and beyond all reasonable and unreasonable doubt, Mad, both in Truth and in deed!

It shall never be well with your soul forever and ever. Amen!

In the wedding the wise ladies will eventually marry the groom. It was only one groom and it was never stated that the groom will select one bride!

May that curse be upon you in manifolds!

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by AntiChristian: 10:21am On Mar 15, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

This is not the case here!

The lamb is polygamous. Why many virgins and no selection is mentioned!

Stop telling lies!

Where is the evil in this truth?
Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by AntiChristian: 10:23am On Mar 15, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The part in red says, "It is not about marriage" yet, you choose to link it with "polygamy" which is about marriage!

So, how does this make any Good sense?

It's not about marriage in that it was a parable that means something entire not marriage related.

But it still emphasized a groom getting married to many virgins as in polygamy!
Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Broveens42(m): 1:26pm On Mar 15, 2022
1MILLIONLiGHTS:
PLEASE READ THESE VERSES BELOW.

[color=#990000][/color]
1 CORINTHIANS 7: 2,3 &4
But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.
The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.
The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife.

Lol. It's just like your pastor giving advice like..
Each member should always come with pen and paper. It doesn't mean it's wrong when some other denominations don't come with pen paper.

Remember same Paul (philosopher) said he would like you to be celibate but for temptation you should have your own wife(singular) .. the context there should be about worship without much responsibility.
As a celibate, you may not be distracted with wife and children issues, and even when you can't withstand temptation, then go for one wife to reduce the burden of combining larger family responsibilities(polygamy) with church work.

Same concept informed the philosopher's view about a BISHOP, a man to have one wife.

It doesn't mean polygamy is wrong!
Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Dtruthspeaker: 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2022
AntiChristian:

It's not about marriage in that it was a parable that means something entire not marriage related.

But it still emphasized a groom getting married to many virgins as in polygamy!

So, in the end, you still proved Mickykarim: right. That your post was
"SENSELESS AND STUPID THROUGH AND THROUGH"!

Secondly, your want and desire for evil shall surely be filled, and ye shall have evil more than is meet, for if thine eyes was good, ye would have seen that virgin maids accompany the Bride to the wedding. Psalm 45:14.

Od course it is expected that an evil like you will marry a prostitute who shall be accompanied by her fellow whores and sisters in prostitution!

So, of course it is understandable why a dirty LovePeddler-eating pig like you would be shouting "virgin", upandan.

Cursed shall you be upon the earth and all evils shall locate you wherever you go.
Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Dtruthspeaker: 2:00pm On Mar 15, 2022
Broveens42:

Lol.
Good morning Mr. Lawyer
I'm surprised you couldn't put up a strong point

Good afternoon, Vince, strong points are only required to destroy strong things. grin
It is a waste and even folly, to use a bomb to kill a cockroach. grin

Thus, the mere fact you can not counter, means that cockroach is dead, by the use of my little points! grin
Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by letu(m): 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2022
Mickykarim:

There is no need for you to over look the element of polygamy in that parable.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy by Dtruthspeaker: 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2022
Broveens42:

Remember same Paul (philosopher) said he would like you to be celibate but for temptation you should have your own wife(singular) ..

Correction!
Paul was a Lawyer, and A Lawyer Always knows Law!

So that is him stating The Law and warning people to Obey The Law!

And "celibacy" is not the issue, so stop raising Diversionary Issues.

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Die In TB Joshua's Church / If God Is Not The Author Of Confusion, What About The Tower Of Babel? / 5 Men Of God Who Should Be Ashamed Of Themselves.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.