Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,914 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable (3359 Views)

Jesus Used A Parable That Includes Polygamy / "Lazarus Mouka Worships Python" - Uche Eze (Video) / Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man? (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Janosky: 11:03pm On Sep 11, 2020
haddeylium:
[

You believe all good people go to heaven right?
What flesh are you clothing them with?...THINK
Do flesh and blood inherit it?
You see how a clown you make yourself

The Hebrew word Nephesh translated to soul means Breathing creature
Gen 2:17- God didn't infuse in him an immortal soul but a life source(breath/spirit) to resurrect the dead soul.
When the breath goes out, what do we have (breathing creature or Not-breathing creature??

Again
The soul who sins is the one who will die.”​—Ezekiel]

King James Bible
And levy a tribute unto the LORD of the men of war which went out to battle: one soul of five hundred, both of the persons, andand of the beeves, and of the asses, and of the sheep
:

New Heart English Bible
Levy a tribute to the LORD of the men of war who went out to battle: one soul of five hundred; of the persons, of the cattle, of the donkeys, and of the flocks.

American Standard Version
And levy a tribute unto Jehovah of the men of war that went out to battle: one soul of five hundred, both of the persons, and of the oxen, and of the asses, and of the flocks:

Check the image attached for the original ordernj
You can begin your research on what Ne'phesh (soul) means if you love truth.

While you're at
Know that the doctrine of soul immortality is the teaching of demons (1 Tim 4:1)
It has no support in the Bible, it rooted in pagan custom(Google Plato hypothesis on it)
I showed you numerous verses that says the Soul die: you couldn't mention a single one with immortal soul

God said Adam(breathing creature) will die and return to dust. Satan said he'll not- and it's sad, Satan is using you as a tool to propagate this lie that Man does not die in actuality- they only shed skin like snake

Jesus word
John 8:32- You'll know the truth , and the truth will set you free from the shackles of this superstition

Peace be unto you

Jah bless you,my Bros.

Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Janosky: 11:24pm On Sep 11, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Are you implying there is no hell?

Bros, the same word "Sheol" (Hebrew 7585) is at Psalms 6:5, Psalms 9:17, Job,14:13, 1 Samuel 2:6 and 2Samuel22:6.
Sheol (Hebrew7585) refers to the grave. Not hellfire.
No mind the KJV DECEIVING gullible sheeples @ Psalms 9:17 since the 15th century.
The KJV FRAUD of Psalms 9:17 DUBIOUSLY code the subliminal message as "hell", them know say your mind go think say na hellfire, whereas actually ,it is "the grave" (Hebrew 7585). . grin grin
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by CodeTemplar: 6:35am On Sep 12, 2020
Janosky:

Bros, the same word "Sheol" (Hebrew 7585) is at Psalms 6:5, Psalms 9:17, Job,14:13, 1 Samuel 2:6 and 2Samuel22:6.
Sheol (Hebrew7585) refers to the grave. Not hellfire.
No mind the KJV DECEIVING gullible sheeples @ Psalms 9:17 since the 15th century.
The KJV FRAUD of Psalms 9:17 DUBIOUSLY code the subliminal message as "hell", them know say your mind go think say na hellfire, whereas actually ,it is "the grave" (Hebrew 7585). . grin grin
get lost.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 12, 2020
No be quarrelling matter, explain wetin you carry for head, old brainwashing tactics don expire! cheesy
CodeTemplar:
get lost.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by DappaD: 8:18am On Sep 12, 2020
Emusan:

Quick escape I understand!

Here is my reply to your post again:

Did you ask yourself the same question when quoting Ezekiel
The verse says "the father won't beat the sin of the son neither the son bear the sin of the father" yet Jesus bears the sin of the WHOLE WORLD.

Since you've already accused someone of using his own thinking, you can't use that line of argument again.

You can also let us know if Ezekiel excluded God's plan of salvation through Jesus by bearing the sin of the whole world or rather how Jesus who never known sin died for the whole world which negates that verse or the verse is entirely saying something else.

By who?

When you know you can't answer my questions, you resort to straw man.

Oga if you cannot answer my simple question then don't quote me.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by KNOWMORE56: 9:13am On Sep 12, 2020
DappaD:

Mr KNOWMORE56, Please when making claims, do well to attach Scriptures to back them up.
There's nothing you said up there that corroborates with any Scripture in the Bible.

And I thought we've been over the definition of ‘soul’? Why are you still getting it all mixed up?

Consider the following translations of Genesis 35:18

New Living Translation:

‘Rachel was about to die, but with her last breath she named the baby Ben-oni (which means “son of my sorrow”). The baby’s father, however, called him Benjamin (which means “son of my right hand”).’

New International Version:

As she breathed her last--for she was dying--she named her son Ben-Oni. But his father named him Benjamin.’

Holman Christian Standard Bible:

With her last breath--for she was dying--she named him Ben-oni, but his father called him Benjamin.’

New American Standard Bible:

It came about as her soul was departing (for she died), that she named him Ben-oni; but his father called him Benjamin.’

Bible in Basic English:

‘And in the hour when her life went from her (for death came to her), she gave the child the name Ben-oni: but his father gave him the name of Benjamin.’

We've already drawn conclusions on what ‘breath/lifeforce’ and ‘soul’ are. Thus, from the Bible translations considered, we see that Genesis 35:18 explains that when Rachel “breathed her last” , “life went out from her” and she ceased to become a “living soul” with thoughts/feelings/trait

I still maintain that "
this is the Biblical definition of death
"HER SOUL WAS IN DEPARTING, (for she died)"

*. Genesis 35:18 "KJV:And it came to pass, as HER SOUL WAS IN DEPARTING, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.

This is Biblical, yet you said "There's nothing you said up there that corroborates with any Scripture in the Bible."
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 12, 2020
KNOWMORE56:

I still maintain that "
this is the Biblical definition of death
"HER SOUL WAS IN DEPARTING, (for she died)"

*. Genesis 35:18 "KJV:And it came to pass, as HER SOUL WAS IN DEPARTING, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.

This is Biblical, yet you said "There's nothing you said up there that corroborates with any Scripture in the Bible."

Ogbeni her soul was departing there is self explanatory nah! undecided

It simply means the character/personality known as Rachel is no more part of the story because she died! smiley

A prophecy in the Bible book of Jeremiah 31:15 says "Rachel is found weeping in the wilderness because her children is no more" this doesn't implies that Rachel's soul is somewhere weeping but a metaphoric way of saying that the descendants of Benjamin (the son of Rachel) were the most affected when Herod the great ordered the killing of all the baby boys in Bethlehem! Matthew 2:18

God used the same metaphoric utterance when Cain killed Abel! Genesis 4:10 smiley
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by KNOWMORE56: 9:42am On Sep 12, 2020
DappaD:

Mr KNOWMORE56, Please when making claims, do well to attach Scriptures to back them up.
There's nothing you said up there that corroborates with any Scripture in the Bible.

And I thought we've been over the definition of ‘soul’? Why are you still getting it all mixed up?

New Living Translation:

‘Rachel was about to die, but with her last breath she named the baby Ben-oni (which means “son of my sorrow”). The baby’s father, however, called him Benjamin (which means “son of my right hand”).’

As she breathed her last--for she was dying--she named her son Ben-Oni. But his father named him Benjamin.’

With her last breath--for she was dying--she named him Ben-oni, but his father called him Benjamin.’

It came about as her soul was departing (for she died), that she named him Ben-oni; but his father called him Benjamin.’

Bible in Basic English:

‘And in the hour when her life went from her (for death came to her), she gave the child the name Ben-oni: but his father gave him the name of Benjamin.’

We've already drawn conclusions on what ‘breath/lifeforce’ and ‘soul’ are. Thus, from the Bible translations considered, we see that Genesis 35:18 explains that when Rachel “breathed her last” , “life went out from her” and she ceased to become a “living soul” with thoughts/feelings/trait

Other verses that show Soul is not = flesh (physical, earthly body)

*. Matthew 10:28 "KJV:And fear not them which kill THE BODY, but are not able to kill THE SOUL: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

*. Matthew 26:38 "
KJV:Then saith he unto them, MY SOUL IS EXCEEDING SORROWFUL, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me."

*. Luke 1:46 "46
KJV:And Mary said, MY SOUL DOTH MAGNIFY the Lord"

*. John 12:27 "KJV:Now is MY SOUL TROUBLED; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour."

*. 1 Thessalonians 5:23 "KJV:And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole[b] SPIRIT and SOUL and BODY be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ"

*. Hebrews 4:12 "KJV:For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of
SOUL and SPIRIT,and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

*. 2 Peter 1:14 "KJV:Knowing that shortly I MUST PUT OF THIS MY TABERNACLE, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.

*. Philippians1:23 "KJV:For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire TO DEPART, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

KJV:Nevertheless TO ABIDE IN THE FLESH is more needful for you. "

Note:
Paul still makes use of the word " TO DEPART"

in agreement with genesis 35:18

"KJV:And it came to pass, as her soul was in DEPARTING, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin."
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by KNOWMORE56: 10:18am On Sep 12, 2020
Janosky:

"Is it lawful to kill a soul or save a soul on the Sabbath day?"
"What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and lose his soul?"
Bros , Jesus Christ is asking you?

Mark3:4 , Matthew 16:26, Jesus Christ has confirmed that the soul is mortal.
Therefore,Ezekiel18:4 is SACROSANCT.
Bros, STOP TWISTING IT ;[/b]D grin

[b]Bros, a question for you:
when you factor in the words of Jesus @Mark3:4 and Matthew16:26, Where did Adam's soul go to when he died?

'soul that commits sin shall die' does not mean SOUL THAT COMMITS SIN SHALL STOP EXISTENCE, No.

It means THE SOUL THAT COMMITS SIN SHALL BE SEPARATED FROM LIFE/LOVE /GOD.

*. Philippians1:23 "KJV:For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire TO DEPART, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

Note:
Paul still makes use of the word " TO DEPART" (SEPARATE)

"KJV:And it came to pass, as her soul was in DEPARTING, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin."
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by haddeylium(m): 10:58am On Sep 12, 2020
KNOWMORE56:

'soul that commits sin shall die' does not mean SOUL THAT COMMITS SIN SHALL STOP EXISTENCE, No.

It means THE SOUL THAT COMMITS SIN SHALL BE SEPARATED FROM LIFE/LOVE /GOD.

Note:
Paul still makes use of the word " TO DEPART" (SEPARATE)

What kind of laziness is this
Save yourself of this embarrassment and research the meaning of Ne'phesh translated to soul.

How can life depart from life?
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by KNOWMORE56: 11:21am On Sep 12, 2020
Janosky:

"Is it lawful to kill a soul or save a soul on the Sabbath day?"
"What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and lose his soul?"
Bros , Jesus Christ is asking you?

Mark3:4 , Matthew 16:26, Jesus Christ has confirmed that the soul is mortal.
Therefore,Ezekiel18:4 is SACROSANCT.
Bros, STOP TWISTING IT ;[/b]D grin

[b]Bros, a question for you:
when you factor in the words of Jesus @Mark3:4 and Matthew16:26, Where did Adam's soul go to when he died?

Body/flesh is considered dead when the soul and spirit is separated from it (genesis 35:18)

Dead body and dead soul are two different things.

Soul is considered dead when it's separated from God. (Matthew 25:41)

"KJV:Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, DEPART from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels"

If it's not with God (Jesus) it's definitely with the devil.

*. Philippians 1:23 "KJV:For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to DEPART, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

Note:
All the verses above have the word DEPART (SEPARATE);

It not STOP EXISTENCE!

I still maintain that "soul die" "soul kill" ...

does not stop the soul from existence.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by KNOWMORE56: 11:24am On Sep 12, 2020
DappaD:

New Living Translation:

Bible in Basic English:

We've already drawn conclusions on what ‘breath/lifeforce’ and ‘soul’ are. Thus, from the Bible translations considered, we see that Genesis 35:18 explains that when Rachel “breathed her last” , “life went out from her” and she ceased to become a “living soul” with thoughts/feelings/traits.

Body/flesh is considered dead when the soul and spirit is separated from it (genesis 35:18)

"KJV:Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, DEPART from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels"

*. Philippians 1:23 "KJV:For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to DEPART, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

Note:

It not STOP EXISTENCE!

Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by KNOWMORE56: 11:28am On Sep 12, 2020
Maximus69:

Ogbeni her soul was departing there is self explanatory nah! undecided

It simply means the character/personality known as Rachel is no more part of the story because she died! smiley

A prophecy in the Bible book of Jeremiah 31:15 says "Rachel is found weeping in the wilderness because her children is no more" this doesn't implies that Rachel's soul is somewhere weeping but a metaphoric way of saying that the descendants of Benjamin (the son of Rachel) were the most affected when Herod the great ordered the killing of all the baby boys in Bethlehem! Matthew 2:18

God used the same metaphoric utterance when Cain killed Abel! Genesis 4:10 smiley

Note:

It not STOP EXISTENCE!

Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by KNOWMORE56: 11:41am On Sep 12, 2020
haddeylium:

Save yourself of this embarrassment and research the meaning of Ne'phesh translated to soul.
/b]How can life depart from life?[b][/b]

haddeylium, I said flesh is not = soul.

Soul depart from flesh (body) =dead body (dead flesh) genesis 35 :18;

Soul depart from Jesus (Life) = dead soul, Matthew 25:41)
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by DappaD: 11:50am On Sep 12, 2020
KNOWMORE56:

Other verses that show Soul is not = flesh (physical, earthly body)

*. Matthew 10:28 "KJV:And fear not them which kill THE BODY, but are not able to kill THE SOUL: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

*. Matthew 26:38 "
KJV:Then saith he unto them, MY SOUL IS EXCEEDING SORROWFUL, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me."

*. Luke 1:46 "46
KJV:And Mary said, MY SOUL DOTH MAGNIFY the Lord"

*. John 12:27 "KJV:Now is MY SOUL TROUBLED; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour."

*. 1 Thessalonians 5:23 "KJV:And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole[b] SPIRIT and SOUL and BODY be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ"

*. Hebrews 4:12 "KJV:For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of
SOUL and SPIRIT,and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

*. 2 Peter 1:14 "KJV:Knowing that shortly I MUST PUT OF THIS MY TABERNACLE, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.

Note:
Paul still makes use of the word " TO DEPART"

What's the essence of quoting a thousand and one scriptures if you cannot bring out any valid point?
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Emusan(m): 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2020
DappaD:

Oga if you cannot answer my simple question then don't quote me.
Address my post oga
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Emusan(m): 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2020
haddeylium:

Mr animals have soul

Do you think you have embarrassed yourself about animals having soul or not?

This is ne'phesh definition:

Definition

soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion

that which breathes, the breathing substance or being, soul, the inner being of man

living being

living being (with life in the blood)

the man himself, self, person or individual

seat of the appetites

seat of emotions and passions

activity of mind
dubious

activity of the will
dubious

activity of the character
dubious

Can you tell us how the word Ne'phesh negates his discussion?

https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebrew/nas/nephesh.html

How can life depart from life?

What of you who said, soul is the PERSON yet many times from the scripture we see people saying there's SOUL within them which means there's person inside their person.

Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 12, 2020
KNOWMORE56:

Note:
It not STOP EXISTENCE!
does not stop the soul from existence

Maintenance of falsehood will never make it true.

That's why you can't present a performing group having the idea as one, all those with falsehood will continue to scatter {Luke 11:23} they will never stand as one strong BODY! John 17:20-23 wink
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by KNOWMORE56: 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2020
Emusan:

Mr animals have soul

Do you think you have embarrassed yourself about animals having soul or not?

This is ne'phesh definition:

Definition

soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion

that which breathes, the breathing substance or being, soul, the inner being of man

living being

living being (with life in the blood)

the man himself, self, person or individual

seat of the appetites

seat of emotions and passions

activity of mind
dubious

activity of the will
dubious

activity of the character
dubious

Can you tell us how the word Ne'phesh negates his discussion?

https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebrew/nas/nephesh.html

What of you who said, soul is the PERSON yet many times from the scripture we see people saying there's SOUL within them which means there's person inside their person.

They will see it and ignore, how they wish to replace the Word with watchtower:

*. Romans 7:22 "KJV:For I delight in the law of God after the INWARD MAN:

*. 2 Corinthians 4:16 "KJV:For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the INWARD MAN is renewed day by day."

*. Ephesians 3:16 "KJV:That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the INNER MAN;"

Can any of them give Biblical meaning to
INWARD MAN orINNER MAN?

Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by KNOWMORE56: 5:34pm On Sep 12, 2020
Maximus69:

Maintenance of falsehood will never make it true.

That's why you can't present a performing group having the idea as one, all those with falsehood will continue to scatter {Luke 11:23} they will never stand as one strong BODY! John 17:20-23 wink

What are your understanding of the following?:

*. 2 Corinthians 4:16 "KJV:For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the INWARD MAN is renewed day by day."

*. Ephesians 3:16 "KJV:That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the INNER MAN;"

give Biblical meaning to
INWARD MAN or INNER MAN?
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by KNOWMORE56: 5:36pm On Sep 12, 2020
DappaD:

What's the essence of quoting a thousand and one scriptures if you cannot bring out any valid point?

give Biblical meaning to
INWARD MAN or INNER MAN?
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2020
KNOWMORE56:

INWARD MAN or INNER MAN?

The Biblical meaning of "INWARD or INNER~MAN"

Jesus came preaching and teaching, his teachings began sinking deep into the minds of a relatively few in his nation, but since his teachings isn't part of what people are used to they still finds it really difficult to make this new teachings become operational in their activities.

So Paul's statement hear is talking about the INNER PERSONALITY that Christ's teachings have inculcated in his followers which they are finding really hard to put on the outside! Matthew 26:41
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by KNOWMORE56: 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2020
Maximus69:

Jesus came preaching and teaching, his teachings began sinking deep into the minds of a relatively few in his nation, but since his teachings isn't part of what people are used to they still finds it really difficult to make this new teachings become operational in their activities.

So Paul's statement hear is talking about the INNER PERSONALITY that Christ's teachings have inculcated in his followers which they are finding really hard to put on the outside! Matthew 26:41

Ok, thanks.
To me, b]INNER PERSONALITY[ is the soul,
MAN ON THE INSIDE
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Emusan(m): 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2020
Maximus69:

I was expecting to see this BIBLICAL MEANING from a reliable scholars but hell NO just your personal twisting.

Continue with your personal injection!

See how he is boldly twisting the scripture.

When you even saw it boldly written 2 Corinthians 4:16 "KJV: For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the INWARD MAN is renewed day by day."

Paul made a clear distinction between OUTWARD MAN and INNER MAN
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Emusan(m): 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2020
KNOWMORE56:

That was the reason I purposely underlined that part for him.

You can even see from that definition that it's something of self conscious on its own.

"The inner BEING of man"

INWARD MAN or INNER MAN?

You can see the dubious BIBLICAL MEANING one of them gave!
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 12, 2020
Emusan:

I was expecting to see this BIBLICAL MEANING from a reliable scholars but hell NO just your personal twisting.
Continue with your personal injection!
See how he is boldly twisting the scripture.
When you even saw it boldly written 2 Corinthians 4:16 "KJV: For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the INWARD MAN is renewed day by day."
Paul made a clear distinction between OUTWARD MAN and INNER MAN

Outward man:- your flesh which is subjected to the things around you.

Inward man:- what you desire to be after receiving Christ.

The two often contradicts each other due to our imperfect condition. It's not by force that you take it, it's just what JWs believe and it's working in our midst, that's why you can see us disowning ourselves because of the teachings we received, it's not that such thing is easy but it's the inward man that's strengthen us the new personality we're developing on the inside!

God bless you! smiley
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 12, 2020
KNOWMORE56:

Ok, thanks.
To me, b]INNER PERSONALITY[ is the soul,
MAN ON THE INSIDE

I only responded to tell you that we know what it means, surely it will contradict yours but it's OK.

Just make sure it's working out what is benefitial within your fellow Trinitarians! James 2:18-26

God bless you! smiley
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by DappaD: 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2020
KNOWMORE56:

give Biblical meaning to
INWARD MAN or INNER MAN?

Let's use 2Corinthians 4:16 to understand what Paul meant.

“Therefore, we do not give up, but even if the 1. man we are outside is wasting away, certainly 2. the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day.

1. Denotes the fleshly body with all its
fleshly desires and weaknesses—sickness, old-age, death.

2. Denotes the new spiritual personality the Christians put on. It is this “man on the inside” that Jehovah God renews/refreshes “day to day” with his holy spirit and his Word, the Bible.
So that even if true Christians(JW's) might be physically tired—maybe after a long day preaching about God's Kingdom, who they are inward—will never get tired—rather will continue to get renewed through God's word, the Bible.

That said, the ‘fleshly body’ is in constant opposition to the ‘spiritual’ person we are inside—making it difficult to put away the “old personality” in order for Christians to put on the “new personality”(Ephesians 4:24, Colossians 3:9-10)

Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Emusan(m): 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2020
There's no how you people will try to twist the scripture that your lies won't be exposed.

DappaD:
Let's use 2Corinthians 4:16 to understand what Paul meant.

“Therefore, we do not give up, but even if the 1. man we are outside is wasting away, certainly 2. the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day.

1. Denotes the fleshly body with all its
fleshly desires and weaknesses—sickness, old-age, death.

You vividly know that "THE MAN WE ARE OUTSIDE" denotes the FLESHY BODY but only to twist "The man we are INSIDE" when they both have the same phrase.

2. Denotes the new spiritual personality the Christians put on. It is this “man on the inside” that Jehovah God renews/refreshes “day to day” with his holy spirit and his Word, the Bible.
So that even if true Christians(JW's) might be physically tired—maybe after a long day preaching about God's Kingdom, who they are inward—will never get tired—rather will continue to get renewed through God's word, the Bible.

That said, the ‘fleshly body’ is in constant opposition to the ‘spiritual’ person we are inside —making it difficult to put away the “old personality” in order for Christians to put on the “new personality”(Ephesians 4:24, Colossians 3:9-10)

The two @underlined show that you know the truth but decided to bend it.

It's evident that what Paul is describing is a PERSON inside us using the phrase "MAN - INSIDE" man is conscious so what is INSIDE is also self conscious.

This is clear from your post by using the term "SPIRITUAL PERSON we are inside" and you shot yourself in the foot that way.

Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers:
"The “outward man,” the material framework of the body, is undergoing a gradual process of decay, but the “inward man,” the higher spiritual life, is “day by day” passing through successive stages of renewal, gaining fresh energies. This verb also, and its derivative “renewal,” are specially characteristic of St. Paul. (Comp. Romans 12:2; Colossians 3:10; Titus 3:5.) The verb in Ephesians 4:23, though not the same, is equivalent in meaning.

Benson Commentary:
2 Corinthians 4:16-17. For which cause — Because of which abounding grace that supports us; we faint not — Under any of our present pressures; but though our outward man — The body; perish — Be worn out and brought to dust prematurely, by our continual labours and sufferings; our inward man — The soul; is renewed day by day — After the divine nature and likeness, receiving fresh degrees of spiritual strength, purity, and consolation, in proportion as the body grows weaker, and we feel our dissolution approaching. 

Barnes' Notes on the Bible:
But though our outward man perish - By outward man, Paul evidently means the body. By using the phrases, "the outward man," and the "inward man," he shows that he believed that man was made up of two parts, body and soul. He was no materialist. He has described two parts as constituting man, so distinct: that while the one perishes, the other is renewed; while the one is enfeebled, the other is strengthened; while the one grows old and decays, the other renews its youth and is invigorated. Of course, the soul is not dependent on the body for its vigor and strength, since it expands while the body decays; and of course the soul may exist independently of the body, and in a separate state.

Yet the inward man - The soul; the undecaying, the immortal part.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary:
16. we faint not—notwithstanding our sufferings. Resuming 2Co 4:1.

outward man—the body, the flesh.

perish—"is wearing away"; "is wasted away" by afflictions.

inward man—our spiritual and true being, the "life" which even in our mortal bodies (2Co 4:11) "manifests the life of Jesus."

Meyer's NT Commentary:
2 Corinthians 4:16. Διό] namely, on account of the certainty expressed in 2 Corinthians 4:14 (partly elucidated in 2 Corinthians 4:15), in significant keeping with εἰδότες, and hence not to be referred back to the faith of the preachers, 2 Corinthians 4:13 (Hofmann).

οὐκ ἐκκακ.] as 2 Corinthians 4:1. The opposite of ἐκκακ. is: our inward man, i.e. our morally self-conscious personality, with the thinking and willing νοῦς and the life-principle of the πνεῦμα (see on Romans 7:22; Ephesians 3:16; comp. 1 Peter 3:4)

Pulpit Commentary:
Verses 16-18. - The Christian minister is upheld by hope. Verse 16. - Therefore. Knowing that our daily death is the pathway to eternal life (ver. 14). We faint not (see ver. 1). Though; rather, even if. Our outward man. Our life in its human and corporeal conditions. The inward man. Namely, our moral and spiritual being, that "new man which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him" (Colossians 3:10). Is renewed; literally, is being renewed; i.e. by faith and hope. Day by day. The Greek phrase is not classical, but is a reminiscence of the Hebrew.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by DappaD: 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
Emusan:
There's no how you people will try to twist the scripture that your lies won't be exposed.

You vividly know that "THE MAN WE ARE OUTSIDE" denotes the FLESHY BODY but only to twist "The man we are INSIDE" when they both have the same phrase.

It's evident that what Paul is describing is a PERSON inside us using the phrase "MAN - INSIDE" man is conscious so what is INSIDE is also self conscious.

This is clear from your post by using the term "SPIRITUAL PERSON we are inside" and you shot yourself in the foot that way.

"The “outward man,” the material framework of the body, is undergoing a gradual process of decay, but the “inward man,” the higher spiritual life, is “day by day” passing through successive stages of renewal, gaining fresh energies. This verb also, and its derivative “renewal,” are specially characteristic of St. Paul. (Comp. Romans 12:2; Colossians 3:10; Titus 3:5.) The verb in Ephesians 4:23, though not the same, is equivalent in meaning.

Benson Commentary:
2 Corinthians 4:16-17. For which cause — Because of which abounding grace that supports us; we faint not — Under any of our present pressures; but though our outward man — The body; perish — Be worn out and brought to dust prematurely, by our continual labours and sufferings; our inward man — The soul; is renewed day by day — After the divine nature and likeness, receiving fresh degrees of spiritual strength, purity, and consolation, in proportion as the body grows weaker, and we feel our dissolution approaching. 

But though our outward man perish - By outward man, Paul evidently means the body. By using the phrases, "the outward man," and the "inward man," he shows that he believed that man was made up of two parts, body and soul. He was no materialist. He has described two parts as constituting man, so distinct: that while the one perishes, the other is renewed; while the one is enfeebled, the other is strengthened; while the one grows old and decays, the other renews its youth and is invigorated. Of course, the soul is not dependent on the body for its vigor and strength, since it expands while the body decays; and of course the soul may exist independently of the body, and in a separate state.

inward man—our spiritual and true being, the "life" which even in our mortal bodies (2Co 4:11) "manifests the life of Jesus."

Meyer's NT Commentary:
2 Corinthians 4:16. Διό] namely, on account of the certainty expressed in 2 Corinthians 4:14 (partly elucidated in 2 Corinthians 4:15), in significant keeping with εἰδότες, and hence not to be referred back to the faith of the preachers, 2 Corinthians 4:13 (Hofmann).

οὐκ ἐκκακ.] as 2 Corinthians 4:1. The opposite of ἐκκακ. is: our inward man, i.e. our morally self-conscious personality, with the thinking and willing νοῦς and the life-principle of the πνεῦμα (see on Romans 7:22; Ephesians 3:16; comp. 1 Peter 3:4)

Pulpit Commentary:
Verses 16-18. - The Christian minister is upheld by hope. Verse 16. - Therefore. Knowing that our daily death is the pathway to eternal life (ver. 14). We faint not (see ver. 1). Though; rather, even if. Our outward man. Our life in its human and corporeal conditions. The inward man. Namely, our moral and spiritual being, that "new man which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him" (Colossians 3:10). Is renewed; literally, is being renewed; i.e. by faith and hope. Day by day. The Greek phrase is not classical, but is a reminiscence of the Hebrew.

OK.
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Janosky: 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2020
Emusan:

Benson Commentary:

Meyer's NT Commentary:

Pulpit Commentary:

Romans12:1-2
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 8:5-7 & Romans 12:1-2, renew your mind, your inner thoughts, to conform to God's righteous standard, that is the point Paul made in 2Corinthians 4:16.
Because every wickedness you practice,comes from your inner thoughts. Matthew 15:11,18-20.
Renew your heart and mind to conform to everything that Yahweh approves.

Mr LIENUS no get SENSE
You can only renew what is old , wearing out or decaying.

Mr LIENUS False claim, the spirit person inside him is decaying ,he renews the decaying spirit like a mechanic changing the carburetor and worn out break pad grin grin grin.

On the other hand, the soul is not a person living inside a man.

Continue to DECEIVE your gullible self
Re: The Story Of The Rich Man And Lazarus Is Not A Parable by Ken4Christ: 12:07am On Sep 14, 2020
Maximus69:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, that's a big lie my friend! cheesy

There is no human be it Born Again or anointed that can bear those qualities completely, that's why Paul said it is the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit! Galatians 5:22-23

There is just one person who bear that FRUIT in all it's totality, his name is Jesus of Nazareth, that's why a man named Peter could look at him and said "you are the Christ (the model God chose for all mankind to follow) the son of the true God" Matthew 16:16

No other human no matter how Born Again you are can bear that FRUIT in it's totality. WHY? Because we are born sinners, one way or another we will continue to commit blunders showing the flaws in us!

So what Paul was saying is that you will notice all these qualities of the FRUIT in the gathering of God's people, because God's Son is with them! {Matthew 28:20} it's his control that will make the gathering of imperfect humans reflect those qualities, none of them can single-handedly bear that FRUIT in it's entirety! smiley

I am born again and I have all the fruits of the spirit - The new born spirit created after the image of God.

Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide. / Mama Afriki - Africa The Goddess / Tyler Perry Lays Hands On Bishop T.D. Jakes, Donates $1 Million To Youth Center

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159