Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,811 members, 7,813,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

What Should She Do? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should She Do? (2437 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should She Do? by Biglittlelois(f): 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2020
Rosebloom:

And forgo the marriage?

To you, marriage is worth quitting your govt job for, wow, I want to be like you in NEVERLAND undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Should She Do? by Fastt: 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2020
Rosebloom:
This lady recently got a federal job in Delta and met a guy who resides in Abuja .
He proposed and they had agreed she'll work for at least two years while they try long distance.

After they had been in the relationship for a while the guy told her while he agrees to the arrangement he'll retract his end of the bargain if the long distance interferes(he was basically saying he doesn't want long distance). Suggested rather she quit and come look for a job in Abuja or start a business.

Note that he also does not want a stay at home wife.

She shouldn't quit her job even if they are married without any source of income. They both should make a compromise.

2 Likes

Re: What Should She Do? by Rosebloom: 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2020
Biglittlelois:

To you, marriage is worth quitting your govt job for, wow, I want to be like you in NEVERLAND undecided

grin
Re: What Should She Do? by Biglittlelois(f): 9:03pm On Sep 05, 2020
Rosebloom:

They are getting ready to be married but he said he would not for the sake of her job be in a long distance marriage.

Why should there be a "but" if he's ready to marry you? If he is all in, he will be all in,

@boldened is him indirectly telling you he is no more interested, he wants you to either choose him or the job,

I'm sorry but the fact that you're considering it to the extent of creating a thread is annoying.

2 Likes

Re: What Should She Do? by bjprodint(f): 9:06pm On Sep 05, 2020
Rosebloom:

And forgo the marriage?
yes forgo the marriage,is the person too old to get a better relationship?
the job she has now will take care of her at old age.federal job is not easy to get,when u get it,hold am tight.

Whats the guarantee the said marriage will even work out?

pls she should face her job,love comes when you least expect.

5 Likes

Re: What Should She Do? by Biglittlelois(f): 9:06pm On Sep 05, 2020
Rosebloom:

grin

Not funny sis, he should go to hades, do not quit your job because of him, you'll meet someone else where you reside.

4 Likes

Re: What Should She Do? by Rosebloom: 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Why should there be a "but" if he's ready to marry you? If he is all in, he will be all in,

@boldened is him indirectly telling you he is no more interested, he wants you to either choose him or the job,

I'm sorry but the fact that you're considering it to the extent of creating a thread is annoying.

Your annoyance is in order.
Re: What Should She Do? by Rosebloom: 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Not funny sis, he should go to hades, do not quit your job because of him, you'll meet someone else where you reside.

Pretty much what I said.
Thank you.
Re: What Should She Do? by Whyzaid(f): 9:12pm On Sep 05, 2020
Is the man also working with the federal govt? If yes, she can move to abuja. But if no, let her stay in delta o n later work on her transfer to Abuja

1 Like

Re: What Should She Do? by thorpido(m): 11:38am On Sep 06, 2020
Don't quit the federal job!You can both make more sacrifice by increasing your visits so you see each other more often.

Again, don't quit your job!

1 Like

Re: What Should She Do? by LadySarah: 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
The lady must be joking. Trying to even think it is abnormal.
Try it and see what happens after.
Re: What Should She Do? by frozen70(f): 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2020
Rosebloom:
This lady recently got a federal job in Delta and met a guy who resides in Abuja .
He proposed and they had agreed she'll work for at least two years while they try long distance.

After they had been in the relationship for a while the guy told her while he agrees to the arrangement he'll retract his end of the bargain if the long distance interferes(he was basically saying he doesn't want long distance). Suggested rather she quit and come look for a job in Abuja or start a business.

Why asking her to resign and come to Abuja for another work as if it's easy getting the job

Federal job is a transferable job

Let her retain her job and after wedding she will use her marriage certificate to ask for transfer

3 Likes

Re: What Should She Do? by TheCork(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
Whyzaid:
Is the man also working with the federal govt? If yes, she can move to abuja. But if no, let her stay in delta o n later work on her transfer to Abuja

Am written a report to help charity organisations.i need yor help. Please do have nyansh & do u study up to primary 6? cheesy
Re: What Should She Do? by GuyInTheMirror: 7:52pm On Sep 06, 2020
I took my time to read through all the responses.
The reality is that poverty has dealt with majority of Nigerians and that has changed the way we reason, behave and act.

From the responses it is obvious majority of Nigerian ladies would not hesitate to sleep with their bosses if that will help them to keep their jobs . cry

I do not blame you sha, poverty can be very devastating.

How can so many people agree that a job is worth keeping than a supposedly good marriage if not poverty ?

This is my advise, if you think the man is a good man and has financial dependence my suggestion is to quit your job or look for a transfer if possible.

If the man is a good man, and he is working, the money he makes is for you. Except if you are not sure he is a good man(A christian with good values and will be faithful and protect you) .

When you are poor you think money is everything, when you have money you will realise money is just a tool . Do not make the mistake many ladies have made by putting career before marriage.

Lastly, I myself will never agree to a long distance marriage, some men like me respect family so much that a long distance marriage is a no no especially if it is the wife that is on the road .

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: What Should She Do? by ImaIma1(f): 9:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
Rosebloom:

And if she doesn't get one?

What if you quit your job and go join him in Abuja and you guys break up?
Re: What Should She Do? by UjuJoan2: 9:12pm On Sep 06, 2020
GuyInTheMirror:
The reality is that poverty has dealt with majority of Nigerians and that has changed the way we reason, behave and act.

From the responses it is obvious majority of Nigerian ladies would not hesitate to sleep with their bosses if that will help them to keep their jobs . cry

How can so many people agree that a job is worth keeping than a supposedly good marriage if not poverty ?

This is my advise, if you think the man is a good man and has financial dependence my suggestion is to quit your job or look for a transfer if possible.

If the man is a good man, and he is working, the money he makes is for you. Except if you are not sure he is a good man(A christian with good values and will be faithful and protect you) .

When you are poor you think money is everything, when you have money you will realise money is just a tool . Do not make the mistake many ladies have made by putting career before marriage.

Lastly, I myself will never agree to a long distance marriage, some men like me respect family so much that a long distance marriage is a no no especially if it is the wife that is on the road .

Goodluck.

I guess it's all a gamble. A lot of women have put their marriages before careers and gotten burnt as well. It could go either way, really.

What matters is the kind of man she is planning to marry. Is he worth the gamble?

I myself would quit any job if I thought the man would not turn on me the moment I stopped earning and making financial contributions. I don't think anything justifies newly married couples living apart.

So the question remains . . . Is the man worth the sacrifice? Only the OP can answer that question.

2 Likes

Re: What Should She Do? by GuyInTheMirror: 10:06pm On Sep 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

I guess it's all a gamble. A lot of women have put their marriages before careers and gotten burnt as well. It could go either way, really.

What matters is the kind of man she is planning to marry. Is he worth the gamble?

I myself would quit any job if I thought the man would not turn on me the moment I stopped earning and making financial contributions. I don't think anything justifies newly married couples living apart.

So the question remains . . . Is the man worth the sacrifice? Only the OP can answer that question.

You get the point, I see too many women around me with great careers having to be begging men for relationship cause of age. If the man is a good man, and you are sure he got your back as a lady.
Career can wait, you will catch up with it later . A good man may not always be around.

1 Like

Re: What Should She Do? by Diamond23(f): 11:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
Rosebloom:

Quit what?
He is selfish and self centered. That is an act of wizardry

2 Likes

Re: What Should She Do? by GuyInTheMirror: 12:21am On Sep 07, 2020
Diamond23:
Quit what?
He is selfish and self centered. That is an act of wizardry
This is an example of what I am saying, when people see Job as the ultimate thing in life that they put job before family.
Then you know there is problem, how much is the salary.

I have seen people quit jobs and relocate without an assurance of job cause of family.
A good family comes before a job, you can get another job but if you loose the chance for a great family or spouse, you might not be able to get another.
Re: What Should She Do? by Jqtyfx(m): 2:21am On Sep 07, 2020
Do not quit that job.

The guy doesn't sound like such a catch with this ultimatum he's giving you.

Again, do not quit that job.
Re: What Should She Do? by UjuJoan2: 5:48am On Sep 07, 2020
GuyInTheMirror:

You get the point, I see too many women around me with great careers having to be begging men for relationship cause of age. If the man is a good man, and you are sure he got your back as a lady.
Career can wait, you will catch up with it later . A good man may not always be around.

True!
Re: What Should She Do? by cococandy(f): 7:28am On Sep 07, 2020
Gloriagee:
After quitting the job, he'll call her a leech. Na today?

Who contributes nothing grin

1 Like

Re: What Should She Do? by bukatyne(f): 7:32am On Sep 07, 2020
GuyInTheMirror:

Goodluck.

I 100% agree with your general opinion on this subject matter.
Re: What Should She Do? by bukatyne(f): 7:33am On Sep 07, 2020
GuyInTheMirror:

This is an example of what I am saying, when people see Job as the ultimate thing in life that they put job before family.

I have seen people quit jobs and relocate without an assurance of job cause of family.
A good family comes before a job, you can get another job but if you loose the chance for a great family or spouse, you might not be able to get another.

@bold:

Absolutely on point.

The crown is determining the purpose why you were created and fulfilling it.
Re: What Should She Do? by cococandy(f): 7:33am On Sep 07, 2020
Where’s the family that she’s going to quit the job for?

Abi you’re just reading without understanding?
GuyInTheMirror:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Should She Do? by bukatyne(f): 7:34am On Sep 07, 2020
GuyInTheMirror:

Career can wait, you will catch up with it later . A good man may not always be around .

Fantastic.
Re: What Should She Do? by bukatyne(f): 7:35am On Sep 07, 2020
UjuJoan2:

If the OP is not embellished, I would say no.

He is not even worth a bedmate how much more a husband.
Re: What Should She Do? by angelfallz(m): 7:44am On Sep 07, 2020
i have always said this, "men know what you want" many men want housewives but are too scared to say so.
as for the lady, she should ask the man point blank, if he wants a housewife.
she should also realise that he has not married her, therefore giving up her work when marriage is not guaranteed..... undecided
a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

***ADDED***
I misread what the OP typed. The man does not want a housewife.
However, my second and third lines still apply.

Cc @bukatyne fixed.

1 Like

Re: What Should She Do? by descarado: 8:14am On Sep 07, 2020
Wait till after marriage, then apply for transfer. As long as it's federal job, u will be granted one.

A guy is already dictating you should quit your job. Serious red flag. But we hardly take note cos we are so much in love.

2 Likes

Re: What Should She Do? by bukatyne(f): 8:18am On Sep 07, 2020
angelfallz:
i have always said this, "men know what you want" many men want housewives but are too scared to say so.
as for the lady, she should ask the man point blank, if he wants a housewife.
she should also realise that he has not married her, therefore giving up her work when marriage is not guaranteed..... undecided
a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Dude said he DOES NOT want a housewife.
Re: What Should She Do? by bukatyne(f): 8:19am On Sep 07, 2020
mariahAngel:

O tie ti wa sun eyan

Who is teaching you Yoruba? grin

The dude has serious red flags.
Re: What Should She Do? by Gloriagee(f): 8:41am On Sep 07, 2020
Cosigned esp on the red flag

descarado:
Wait till after marriage, then apply for transfer. As long as it's federal job, u will be granted one.

A guy is already dictating you should quit your job. Serious red flag. But we hardly take note cos we are so much in love.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys, 'prenuptial Agreement' To Avoid Alimony, Palimony And D Monies? / Please Help Me / How To Collect Money You Lent To A Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.