Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,604 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Everytime I Buy A New Sim Card A Man Calls Saying "As-salamu Alaykum" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Everytime I Buy A New Sim Card A Man Calls Saying "As-salamu Alaykum" (514 Views)

Everytime I Had Sex My Looks Changes For Like A Week / My Girlfriend Does This Everytime / Man Calls Pre-wedding Pictures Haram, His Love For Erotic Pictures Gets Exposed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everytime I Buy A New Sim Card A Man Calls Saying "As-salamu Alaykum" by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 06, 2020
I really do not know what these network providers are up to. Whenever I purchase a new sim card an unknown number usually calls, sometimes it's a woman, sometimes it's a man, but the common thing is that they speak in Hausa.

When you pick these calls you will hear something like "As-salamu alaykum"

Are these supposedly new SIM CARDS recycled and reallocated for sale after being used by someone else or it's just a case of wrong number.cheesy

I get these calls especially with glo lines grin

Re: Everytime I Buy A New Sim Card A Man Calls Saying "As-salamu Alaykum" by coronavirus19: 10:43am On Sep 06, 2020
So what should we do with this. How is this our problem
Re: Everytime I Buy A New Sim Card A Man Calls Saying "As-salamu Alaykum" by AntiWailer: 10:43am On Sep 06, 2020
I think they reallocated the SIM.

The former owner was probably a northerner with northern contacts.
Re: Everytime I Buy A New Sim Card A Man Calls Saying "As-salamu Alaykum" by Deborah98(f): 10:44am On Sep 06, 2020
It's everywhere,I had same experience with my MTN line but it was an Igbo guy calling to know how his friend was,but it has stopped now, maybe you should contact your network provider or go to the place you purchased the sim and lay the complaint there..
Re: Everytime I Buy A New Sim Card A Man Calls Saying "As-salamu Alaykum" by Kriss216: 10:46am On Sep 06, 2020
It must always be them.

1 Like

Re: Everytime I Buy A New Sim Card A Man Calls Saying "As-salamu Alaykum" by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 06, 2020
AntiWailer:
I think they reallocated the SIM.

The former owner was probably a northerner with northern contacts.
The thing is, why has it got to be the northerners with the Hausa thing, trying to communicate?
Re: Everytime I Buy A New Sim Card A Man Calls Saying "As-salamu Alaykum" by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 06, 2020
Kriss216:
It must always be them.

How do u mean?
Re: Everytime I Buy A New Sim Card A Man Calls Saying "As-salamu Alaykum" by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 06, 2020
coronavirus19:
So what should we do with this. How is this our problem
Lol... lets find out so we know if we are still part of the country called Nigeria.cheesy
Re: Everytime I Buy A New Sim Card A Man Calls Saying "As-salamu Alaykum" by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 06, 2020
If these numbers are reallocated, then it's not safe when it comes down to security and privacy.
Re: Everytime I Buy A New Sim Card A Man Calls Saying "As-salamu Alaykum" by Stellly02(m): 10:52am On Sep 06, 2020
You're not a complete Nigerian if you never get such calls especially from those northeners

Welcome to the club

1 Like

Re: Everytime I Buy A New Sim Card A Man Calls Saying "As-salamu Alaykum" by Prechgold1180(m): 10:54am On Sep 06, 2020
Wait u be dey expect davido to call u mistakenly
Re: Everytime I Buy A New Sim Card A Man Calls Saying "As-salamu Alaykum" by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 06, 2020
Stellly02:
You're not a complete Nigerian if you never get such calls especially from those northeners

Welcome to the club
lol
Re: Everytime I Buy A New Sim Card A Man Calls Saying "As-salamu Alaykum" by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 06, 2020
Prechgold1180:
Wait u be dey expect davido to call u mistakenly
b4 nkó cheesy
Re: Everytime I Buy A New Sim Card A Man Calls Saying "As-salamu Alaykum" by JubrinElSudan: 11:16am On Sep 06, 2020
I have been using my MTN Sim actively since 2005, you see those Abok.i callers, they can make things difficult. They don't understand "wrong number",they will just keep calling. These days once I pick one and notice it's one of them, I just tell the person wrong number and then blacklist the number
Re: Everytime I Buy A New Sim Card A Man Calls Saying "As-salamu Alaykum" by illicit(m): 11:34am On Sep 06, 2020
Me and some friends used to make prank calls during d time of Xtra cool.

We made new friends that way too, mostly girls....

I met a girl in Ilorin, Monisola or Mojisola

But then I lost the phone, that was how we lost contact till date

Monisola/Mojisola from Ilorin,

If u are seeing this message.....

Its me Temitope from Akure, you had my glo number too, U shd know I lost my phone when I went to write GCE in Iju/Itaogbolu and a guy picked the phone.

U even helped called my mum and sister and I found the phone, but I lost the phone for ever afterwards, then my mum lost her line too.

It's me Temitope

I missed u wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Fvcked 50 Gals / Ladies, What's This Obsession You Have With Famous Men? / Two Drunk Birds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.