Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,650 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money (22360 Views)

Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final / Medvedev Beats Djokovic To Win US Open / AFCON 2019: Prize Money For Algeria, Senegal, Nigeria To Be Received From CAF (2) (3) (4)

Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by fergie001: 12:31am On Sep 07, 2020
World Number 1, Novak Djokovic was earlier disqualified from the US Open 2020 after he unconsciously hit a ball at the line judge.

The incident happened in the Round-of-16 tie, while trailing 5-6 to opponent and eventual beneficiary, Pablo Carreño Busta.

The 33-year-old top seed headed straight for his car afterwards.

Pablo Busta's reaction:
"I was celebrating the break with my coach," he told reporters.

"When I heard that the line judge was on the floor I was in shock. I never expected this moment when playing Novak.

Carreno Busta added that the incident was "unintentional."

"I think it was bad luck," he said.

SOURCE

The United States Tennis Association has reacted to the incident:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12284269_img20200906230259_png6d96670838925547f100d3c4fa13e968

USTA

The 17- time grand slam champion was hoping to close the gap on absentees, Rafael Nadal (19) and Roger Federer (20) in the race for the all-time men's Singles title record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EExI2juD4os

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by fergie001: 12:40am On Sep 07, 2020
Sorry Novak......Good news for fans of the Swiss, like us grin

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by emeijeh(m): 12:51am On Sep 07, 2020
Yes ooooo!
Up Roger!

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by kpukpuyenke: 1:03am On Sep 07, 2020
This people get problem o

It wasn't a dellibrate act .

We just have to be "calming down" always.

Sorry Djoko. Better luck next Slam

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by chinchonglee(m): 6:21am On Sep 07, 2020
I think that was clearly unintentional.

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by TimFisher2: 6:21am On Sep 07, 2020

Disqualification season

Abeg who go disqualify Buhari?

Please come to our mercy and answer our prayer

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by opeirwe: 6:21am On Sep 07, 2020
Cuomo said: "The only way to kill the virus is science and medicine, and this federal government still doesn't understand this fact." "The real virus we are fighting against is not COVID. We are fighting a virus that is more serious than COVID. You know. Which virus is worse than COVID? A virus of American division and federal incompetence. "This is from the CDC, and this is their own words," Cuomo added. "His own official. Now, maybe this is why the president is trying to take our power from the CDC. I will not be surprised. "

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Ent3rpreneur(m): 6:22am On Sep 07, 2020
Is this not a witch-hunt?
Yes, I hate Djokovic's guts but I cannot deny that he is great tennis player who knows how to take his chances in Grand Slams and Masters tournaments unlike my personal GOAT Roger Frauderer, but you see the disqualification, prize money fine and point deduction is simply a witch-hunt.

Maybe it is related to Djokovic leaving ATP to form their own group they call Professional Tennis Players Association. The organization is not happy with him.
If it was my GOAT Frauderer, I'm sure he would be punished, but it would probably be something like retaking the serve grin or losing the point in the game.

Djokovic is a victim of witch-hunt.
This wont stop him from overtaking Frauderer to have the most GS

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Onlinealaba(m): 6:22am On Sep 07, 2020
Nobody is above the law, let him face his warrant

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by PassingShot(m): 6:22am On Sep 07, 2020
kpukpuyenke:

It wasn't deliberate but the rule on such is very clear. Djoko had gotten away with misbehavior like this in the past and it's proper he was punished this time.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Chindaibezim: 6:22am On Sep 07, 2020
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Nobody: 6:24am On Sep 07, 2020
Our edo elderly people don tour with am in US open.

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by PassingShot(m): 6:24am On Sep 07, 2020
chinchonglee:
I think that was clearly unintentional.
It was unintentional but the outcome cannot be separated from the unprofessional act. It is a clear rule that if any staff of the event is harmed by act of omission or commission of the player, it is automatic disqualification.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by zealadjay(m): 6:24am On Sep 07, 2020
Jst watched d replay over nd over again, it wasn't intentional.. The ATP board gat to look into dis nd hav mercy.

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Wonderboy1(m): 6:24am On Sep 07, 2020
It was not deliberate..
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by MajohBankz: 6:25am On Sep 07, 2020
I prefer Rafa Nadal, but not happy with his disqualification. He's great at tennis and would prefer if he lost because the other player was good not because he retired.

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by cutiedave(m): 6:25am On Sep 07, 2020
kpukpuyenke:

The issue is that he intentionally played the ball with negligence.... without care for who or what it hits...

They know he didn't mean to hit the lines judge

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by franugo(m): 6:25am On Sep 07, 2020
Damn...what a way to go
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by pk2me: 6:25am On Sep 07, 2020
This is unintentional.

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Timekeeper: 6:26am On Sep 07, 2020
so oyinbo sef dey get village people

Village people have ruined djovokic

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by mannobi(m): 6:26am On Sep 07, 2020
When the gods are angry with you, they make you misbehave in the public and playback the video to you in private. Ask FFK or Erica.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Taiwojon(m): 6:27am On Sep 07, 2020
eyan ooooo

see where frustration carry this baba go.

bring all your frustrations to Jesus before it is too late

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Openbusiness: 6:27am On Sep 07, 2020
Very unfortunate
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Craaaa: 6:27am On Sep 07, 2020
Too bad. I love this guy so much. It shouldn't have been him.

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Roon9(m): 6:27am On Sep 07, 2020
Rage is a terrible thing. We must learn to keep our emotions in check at all times

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Kizzygentle: 6:27am On Sep 07, 2020
He should have been pardoned honestly. That was absolutely unintentional. The least their organisation should have done was for him to compensate the lady and make a public apology been accidental. And normally this is how djokovic reacts when he is having a bad game. Its just unfortunate. One of my best players and a very jovial athlete.

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 07, 2020
Too bad. Shit happens.

Osimhen Named In Ligue 1 Team Of The Week / Coronavirus: Boring Weekends Without Soccer / Yekini Never Neglected His Mother – Lawyer