Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,416 members, 7,954,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:00 AM

Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money (22533 Views)

Carlos Alcaraz Beats Novak Djokovic To Win Wimbledon Men's Singles Final / Medvedev Beats Djokovic To Win US Open / AFCON 2019: Prize Money For Algeria, Senegal, Nigeria To Be Received From CAF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by kaludestiny10(m): 8:00am On Sep 07, 2020
It was a deliberate act to me. He was facing that woman as he hit the ball.
kpukpuyenke:
This people get problem o

It wasn't a dellibrate act .

We just have to be "calming down" always.

Sorry Djoko. Better luck next Slam
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by kaludestiny10(m): 8:13am On Sep 07, 2020
From the number of years that I have been following tennis matches, these players usual have more than a tennis ball in their pockets while the game is on or whenever they want to take a serve. And whenever they want to do away with the balls, they drop it gently on the floor backwards and ball balls or girls will rush and pick up the ball.
But for him to hit that ball with his racket, while facing the woman is intentional to me.
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by blowjohn(m): 8:30am On Sep 07, 2020
opeirwe:
Cuomo said: "The only way to kill the virus is science and medicine, and this federal government still doesn't understand this fact." "The real virus we are fighting against is not COVID. We are fighting a virus that is more serious than COVID. You know. Which virus is worse than COVID? A virus of American division and federal incompetence. "This is from the CDC, and this is their own words," Cuomo added. "His own official. Now, maybe this is why the president is trying to take our power from the CDC. I will not be surprised. "

The same Cuomo that faked his isolation claims, insulted an elderly in the process and still took a similar drug to hydroxychloroquine.
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Gabbriell: 8:38am On Sep 07, 2020
It looks intentional
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by pacespot(m): 8:43am On Sep 07, 2020
That is why I respect white people, no matter what level you've attained in life, you're not above severe punishment for any misconduct. If he was in Nigeria, he could have used his influence to prevent this punishment from being levelled on him. You can argue that he did not intentionally hit the line judge with the ball, but he knew it was forbidden to hit the ball sideway like that during a match. Those that made the rule know that something like this incident could happen by hitting the ball recklessly.
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by fergie001: 8:48am On Sep 07, 2020
viktor88:

He will still break Rogers gland slam record before Rogers retire from tennis.
Noooooooooo
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:52am On Sep 07, 2020
wickedtuna:
same cuomo that instead of putting the sick and elderly in a hospital cramped them up in nursing homes? Lol

You dey mind am? You get time dey respond o. Governors did not make adequate preps for covid (and yes, the feds no try) but all of them (even mayors) are blaming Trump. Everyone from state to fed should share the blame.

Make we no derail here abeg....

1 Like

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:58am On Sep 07, 2020
Ent3rpreneur:

The rule is clear, I know. But ask yourself why he was given the harshest punishment which was forfeiture of the $250,000 he had earned so far in the tournament instead of the minimum of $20,000 fine. Besides, the lines judge did not have to go to a hospital.

I don't like Djokovic o, but its a witchhunt.

Imagine that was Federer cheesy
That lines judge would have stood up and claim she wasn't hurt and everyone would laugh it off. That man is LOVED, he broke my heart in the last Wimbledon, I was close to tears. grin grin grin grin grin

Besides, when Serena verbally assaulted the umpire and threatened to shove the match ball down his throat, was her punishment as severe as this?
Or Nick Kyrgios? David Nalbandian? My guy, na clear witch-hunt

Djokovic was wrong eventho it was unintended
Rule na rule, disqualification and loss of prize money.

FedExpress would have taken the decision with a smile, stayed on court to ensure line official is okay, granted interview, apologize more in press conference. His family will make video to offer more apologetic words. He will set up compensation for the line judge too.
Journalism and ATP will then give him man of the year award.

Nadal would do all the above but without the usual Federer smile, just a straight face and anger at himself

Djokovic was even arguing that the lady was not that hit... "She doesn't need treatment for that". Only grudgingly went to check her and stormed off after the decision. Long and short, he's a very bad, sore loser, I'm not taking away the fact that he's great at tennis

1 Like

Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Ent3rpreneur(m): 9:02am On Sep 07, 2020
sunnyeinstein:

Djokovic was wrong eventho it was unintended
Rule na rule, disqualification and loss of prize money.

FedExpress would have taken the decision with a smile, stayed on court to ensure line official is okay, granted interview, apologize more in press conference. His family will make video to offer more apologetic words. He will set up compensation for the line judge too.
Journalism and ATP will then give him man of the year award.

Nadal would do all the above but without the usual Federer smile, just a straight face and anger at himself

Djokovic was even arguing that the lady was not that hit... "She doesn't need treatment for that". Only grudgingly went to check her and stormed off after the decision. Long and short, he's a very bad, sore loser, I'm not taking away the fact that he's great at tennis

I can only surmise that is is sarcasm, and a damn good one at that grin

Frauderer would also donate half his networth to the lines judge, with monthly medical check ups because of the fatal and life threatening injury she got cheesy
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by AriseO: 10:13am On Sep 07, 2020
[s]
PassingShot:

It wasn't deliberate but the rule on such is very clear. Djoko had gotten away with misbehavior like this in the past and it's proper he was punished this time.
[/s]
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by AriseO: 10:17am On Sep 07, 2020
[s]
PassingShot:

It was unintentional but the outcome cannot be separated from the unprofessional act. It is a clear rule that if any staff of the event is harmed by act of omission or commission of the player, it is automatic disqualification.
[/s]
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Taiwojon(m): 11:34am On Sep 07, 2020
mansakhalifa:

I'm sure Djokovic already knows Jesus.
I'm 80% sure he's an Orthodox Christian like many other Serbs. sad
ok thanks
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Papadoh(m): 11:53am On Sep 07, 2020
Doesn't the fact that it was completely unintentional matter at all to these people?!
I remember when Cristiano Ronaldo's shot hit a little boy's hand and sprained his wrist, he wasn't punished for it because it was clearly unintentional, he simply apologized to the boy and gave him some signed merchandise and that was that. Everyone came out happy. So which one con be all this one wey punishment no fit crime at all. Abi na because she be woman??
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Wolexdey(m): 1:09pm On Sep 07, 2020
Discipline is key
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Temysteve(m): 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2020
Ent3rpreneur:
Is this not a witch-hunt?
Yes, I hate Djokovic's guts but I cannot deny that he is great tennis player who knows how to take his chances in Grand Slams and Masters tournaments unlike my personal GOAT Roger Frauderer, but you see the disqualification, prize money fine and point deduction is simply a witch-hunt.

Maybe it is related to Djokovic leaving ATP to form their own group they call Professional Tennis Players Association. The organization is not happy with him.
If it was my GOAT Frauderer, I'm sure he would be punished, but it would probably be something like retaking the serve grin or losing the point in the game.

Djokovic is a victim of witch-hunt.
This wont stop him from overtaking Frauderer to have the most GS
Just shut up if you don't know what to say, what he did warrant whatever punishment given to him, infact they were even lenient.
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Globalsailor: 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2020
Re: Disqualification: Djokovic To Lose Ranking Points, Fined Prize Money by Purereal(m): 3:29am On Sep 08, 2020
The ball's velocity wasn't much to bring. that lady down

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea: Todd Boehly Chosen As Preferred Bidder For Premier League Club. / Luis Díaz Parents Kidnapped in Colombia / Chelsea FC Owner Roman Abramovich Wins Apology Over Putin Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.