Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,841 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan (49058 Views)

How To Validate Your BVN For The N50billion CBN COVID-19 Loan / Luno Bitcoin Wallet Requesting For BVN For Verification / FCMB Replies Customer Who Requested For Loan To Buy Sex Doll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by Dreyton36: 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2020
Wetin our boys they do u.s them Don do am reach naija
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by maxdi(m): 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2020
soberdrunk:
Integrity and honesty relocated from Nigeria since the late 60s....... angry

Integrity still struggled until EyeBeeBee killed the remaining ones by his advances free fraud.
We still dey battle with the aftermath

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by imagrg(m): 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2020
Which way Nigeria?
Which way to go?
I love my fatherland.
I want to know...
Which way Nigeria, we are heading to?

Many years after Independence we still find it hard to start.
When shall we reach the promised land?

Which way Nigeria, we are heading to?

....A message from the late popular musician, Sony Okosun
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by Kemimarch16(f): 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2020
Inside life
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by tolguy(m): 5:33pm On Sep 07, 2020
sterling or stanbic IBTC,confused reporter
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by christinme224(m): 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2020
I don't always believe in such news , how can an educated banker(s) that want to do such thing won't know when to use a different sim card to open such account? Why must they use same sim card they are using to receive alert to open a new fraudulent account , something is missing......either it is a setup or not a true story

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by jaydeevaa(f): 6:18pm On Sep 07, 2020
tegamarro:
Just when I think I have seen it all. These bankers are really corrupt and fraudulent. Matter of fact they are thief's. They monitor your account transactions and shits.

Last week I went into the banking hall to withdraw funds
I transfered 10k from my life savings Account to my other account with A debit atm card.
Getting to the bank too much que for the Atm mechine

niem I say make I enter banking Hall use their withdrawal slip, I filled it put every details.
Carry slip Give the cashier

I got the shock of my life after handing over the slip to
The cashier

Cashier : so you Don Wire money from the big account come here?
Me: I no understand
Cashier: Na just now you send this money na

I was totally shocked and disappointed I weep for this country
.....it may be that the person is your account officer...and his duty is to monitor your transactions to make sure you don't move large amount without the knowledge of the bank

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by jaydeevaa(f): 6:20pm On Sep 07, 2020
christinme224:
I don't always believe in such news , how can an educated banker(s) that want to do such thing won't know when to use a different sim card to open such account? Why must they use same sim card they are using to receive alert to open a new fraudulent account , something is missing......either it is a setup or not a true story
....thanks very much for applying wisdom...we all know there is no way an account can be operated fully without activating such account on the phone number which it was registered....something is definitely fishy...maybe a deal gone bad
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by sylve11: 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2020
tomdon:
I detest thieves
Time to go inquire in the banks where I receive alerts without having account with them. Let it not be that someone has collected loan on person head

Na for you to pay na.. grin cool
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by francisbiz: 6:34pm On Sep 07, 2020
dre11:
How Sterling Bank Staff Opened Unauthorised Accounts Using Customers’ Names Linked With BVN To Apply For Loans

http://saharareporters.com/2020/09/06/how-sterling-bank-staff-opened-unauthorised-accounts-using-customers%E2%80%99-names-linked-bvn

Eco Bank Asaba branch is currently doing something like that to customers.
The customers applied for agricultural loan through a platform and were directed to open accounts Eco Bank, they did so.
Sometime this year many of them got credit alerts of money deposited into those accounts, but they could not withdraw. Surprisingly, they started getting debit alerts from the accounts, the last debit a friend got was about N 49000, last week. So who is deducting and withdrawing from such accounts if the account owners do not have access to their account s

2 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by Shutupthere: 6:37pm On Sep 07, 2020
SBA format
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by chijike(m): 6:37pm On Sep 07, 2020
This story is not complete.@poster tell us the role of the co-operative society in this loan fraud. Again the heading is misleading.
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by Rich4god(m): 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2020
tegamarro:
Just when I think I have seen it all. These bankers are really corrupt and fraudulent. Matter of fact they are thief's. They monitor your account transactions and shits.

I transfered 10k from my life savings Account to my other account with A debit atm card.

niem I say make I enter banking Hall use their withdrawal slip, I filled it put every details.

The cashier

This doesn't show that your account is been monitored by the guy... When you acct number is entered, such details show. The only thing worng is that the cashier isn't supposed to make such comments.
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by franugo(m): 7:24pm On Sep 07, 2020
Kobicove:
The corruption prevalent among staff of banks in Nigeria is a reflection of the level of corruption in the Nigerian system! undecided

I don't believe this story....what stops the bank staff from putting his number forth as alertz?? Why the hell would a staff make such a rookie mistake The story stinks
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by tegamarro(m): 7:26pm On Sep 07, 2020
jaydeevaa:
.....it may be that the person is your account officer...and his duty is to monitor your transactions to make sure you don't move large amount without the knowledge of the bank

How is that possible I didn't even open the account at that Branch

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by franugo(m): 7:27pm On Sep 07, 2020
tegamarro:

The cashier

You made no valid point oga...what exactly are you weeping for? Dt he told you dt the inflow you're withdrawing just entered? Did you not know dt your details are easy to access by bank staff?

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by franugo(m): 7:28pm On Sep 07, 2020
christinme224:

Finally... Some sense in the thread. The story get k-leg
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by franugo(m): 7:29pm On Sep 07, 2020
Rich4god:

This doesn't show that your account is been monitored by the guy... When you acct number is entered, such details show. The only thing worng is that the cashier isn't supposed to make such comments.

The person was probably trying to start a conversation... I'm sure he wasn't trying to make the guy weep.... kiss

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by franugo(m): 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2020
fredoooooo:
Majority of bankers are criminals angry

No sense seen
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by Chirowman(m): 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2020
wahala ooo
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by Midex88(m): 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2020
Not all banker are thief
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by ZooOga: 8:03pm On Sep 07, 2020
Kobicove:
The corruption prevalent among staff of banks in Nigeria is a reflection of the level of corruption in the Nigerian system! undecided

correct assessment.

The End Of An Assignment In Nigeria By Tim Newman by ogogoromaster: 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1408867/end-assignment-nigeria-tim-newman

http://saharareporters.com/2013/08/22/end-assignment-nigeria-by%C2%A0tim-newman
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by stankezzy: 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2020
that is Nigerian fir u , a northern farmer being able to access loan that runs in millions while a southern graduate with his certificate could not get 20k from any bank
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by earnit3: 9:02pm On Sep 07, 2020
really
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by odimonyei: 9:30pm On Sep 07, 2020
bankulizer:
Na Kolo sure pass grin
Na was for this country.
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by Adex2442: 10:12pm On Sep 07, 2020
Baybii:
angry Disappointing news as usual. I'm sure the people who operated those accounts will be fished out soon enough and will be dealt with.

Beautiful skin.... Can I contact u through email
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by lordliri(m): 7:23am On Sep 08, 2020
Seriously, people really believed BVN is the only requirement needed to access a ₦1.2m loan.

Something is fishy here, I don't believe these farmers. I don't believe their story. There are lots of documentation required to access loans, statement of transactions on accounts and KYV inclusive. In this case they must have provided supporting documents for their Agric business.

So this would mean the bank staff was able to fabricated all these documents right

Abegi
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by Onaedose1(m): 9:07am On Sep 08, 2020
OP is it Sterling bank or Stanbic IBTC? Because the write up is confusing
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by Exodora: 10:19am On Sep 08, 2020
My mumu Union Bank is charging me #50 every 2days for stamp duty charge .
Last week someone sent me a huge amount of money from abroad na so my Ecobank wan frustrate me .
It took them like ages to discover that money was sent to my account .
The sender have to pull out the money from abroad and sent it to my union account ,now union bank is now charging me #50 every 2days.
My question is what exactly is wrong with everybody in this country.
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by Slimgold2019: 11:13am On Sep 08, 2020
Invest wisely-Mutual Assurance Benefit Plc have many savings and investment packages of great benefits to meet your needs.You achieve your goals.We Care,We insure-08033840265
Re: Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan by tomdon(m): 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2020
sylve11:

Na for you to pay na.. grin cool

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Commissions UBA Business Office At New Ultra-modern Afriland Towers / Lady Finds Biafran Currency In Her Father's Cupboard / What Business Can Start Doing With 400k? (Your Idea Is Welcome)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.