Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) (4746 Views)

South Africans Destroy Other Africans Properties in Their Country. PHOTOS / Inside the twisted mind of racist New Zealand mosque gunman Brenton Tarrant / South Africans Torture An ATM Cards Scammer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by YEBOmadiba: 12:38pm On Sep 07, 2020
BBC NEWS - Protesters have forced several stores of a South African health and beauty company to close, after it ran a hair advertisement they deemed racist.

The Clicks advert had pictures of African hair labelled dry, dull and damaged, while an example of white hair was described as fine and flat.

Opposition party Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) called the advert "racist" and "dehumanising". Its leader Julius Malema called for all Clicks stores to be closed. The company has threatened legal action against the political party but Mr Malema urged his supporters to be "combat ready" and said the EFF wouldn't be "intimidated by threats".

"The implications of this are that black identity exists as inferior to the identity of white people. It is an assertion that white standards of beauty are to be aspired to and features of black represent damage, decay and abnormality," the EFF said in a statement.

VIDEO - VANDALISM
https://twitter.com/crimeairnetwork/status/1302896370513260547?s=20

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by hisgrace090: 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2020
There's no wisdom in the said advert but this shouldn't warrant the South Africans to go weired as they did though it is becoming their nature to distroy and loot in every little provocation.

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by YEBOmadiba: 12:55pm On Sep 07, 2020
hisgrace090:
There's no wisdom in the said advert but this shouldn't warrant the South Africans to go weired as they did dough it is becoming their nature to distroy and loot in every little provocation.

Racism is a 400 year old problem in SA. The time for talking is over. The same is happening in America.

#RacismMustFall #AtAnyCost

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by Vyzz: 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2020
They are doing well...

Who would have thought I will be supporting SA violence...

Na this one make sense pass

12 Likes

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by YEBOmadiba: 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2020

1 Like

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by MyMilkshake(f): 1:20pm On Sep 07, 2020
Proactive citizens. Well done.

11 Likes

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by mamaafrik(m): 1:44pm On Sep 07, 2020
We need a Malema in Nigeria especially the PDP do remove the ugly hand of The Hyenas

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by YEBOmadiba: 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2020
mamaafrik:
We need a Malema in Nigeria especially the PDP do remove the ugly hand of The Hyenas

What happened to that young man who was arrested in Nigeria, who was running for president? I can't remember his name now.

4 Likes

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by Neddstark: 2:27pm On Sep 07, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

Racism is a 400 year old problem in SA. The time for talking is over. The same is happening in America.

#RacismMustFall #AtAnyCost

Racism is a natural tendency. It can never fall. It can only be suppresed. Racists will still be racists. Like tribalists here will still be tribalists

6 Likes

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by YEBOmadiba: 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2020
Neddstark:

Racism is a natural tendency. It can never fall. It can only be suppresed. Racists will still be racists. Like tribalists here will still be tribalists

I agree. However, talks around the table seem to be failing. So more aggressive measures are needed.

There was a call to boycott the store so if people adhered to that it would still have sent a strong message. But the EFF is militant and their approach is attracting attention and they've succeeded.

6 Likes

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by YEBOmadiba: 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2020

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 7:24pm On Sep 07, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

What happened to that young man who was arrested in Nigeria, who was running for president? I can't remember his name now.

Sowore

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 7:27pm On Sep 07, 2020
Vyzz:
They are doing well...

Who would have thought I will be supporting SA violence...

Na this one make sense pass

All foreigners are a problem in SA, black and white.
Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2020
WannaHowzit:

All foreigners are a problem in SA, black and white.
So which foreigners destroyed the stores?

1 Like

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by MyMilkshake(f): 7:37pm On Sep 07, 2020
WannaHowzit:

Sowore

My crush kiss very cute
Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 7:41pm On Sep 07, 2020
NegroAcheiver:

So which foreigners destroyed the stores?

They've destroyed Hillbrow and Yeoville, turning it into Little Lagos (filthy and chaotic). They also destroy lives, selling drugs.
Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 07, 2020
It's funny how xenophobic elements are complaining of racism grin

8 Likes

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 7:44pm On Sep 07, 2020
azmanaty02:
It's funny how xenophobic elements are complaining of racism grin

They are acting against it... not tolerating it... keep laughing... what have you done about xenophobia from SA and Ghana?
Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2020
WannaHowzit:

They are acting against it... not tolerating it... keep laughing... what have you done about xenophobia from SA and Ghana?

They are acting against it coz they re at the receiving end. Whey they dish out xenophobic attack to other people, they dont rmbr that what goes around comes around

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2020
azmanaty02:

They are acting against it coz they re at the receiving end. Whey they dish out xenophobic attack to other people, they dont rmbr that what goes around comes around

The whites provoked them with racism the same way the black foreigners provoke them with drugs and crime.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2020
WannaHowzit:

The whites provoked them the same way the black foreigners provoke them with drugs and crime.

Make we hear word. No one provoked them anything. They re only being lazy and looking for cheap excuses to loot people's sweat

11 Likes

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 7:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
azmanaty02:

Make we hear word. No one provoked them anything. They re only being lazy and looking for cheap excuses to loot people's sweat

Where did you read about looting? I also want to read.

Lazy people wouldn't go out to protest outside the stores. Nigerians are the lazy ones - do you see them fighting for their right like South Africans?
Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2020
WannaHowzit:

Where did you read about looting? I also want to read.

Lazy people wouldn't go out to protest outside the stores. Nigerians are the lazy ones - do you see them fighting for their right like South Africans?

They re looking for free items to loot. I watched it on aljazeera. They were already looting shops. South africans - blacks especially are very very lazy and always looking for opportunities to seize

7 Likes

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 07, 2020
WannaHowzit:

They've destroyed Hillbrow and Yeoville, turning it into Little Lagos (filthy and chaotic). They also destroy lives, selling drugs.
grin You're very funny.I asked if foreigners destroyed the stores.You are telling me they destroyed hillbrow and yeoville.Let me guess south Africans don't commit any crimes and it's the influx of foreigners ( in your mind Nigerians) who brought about Poverty and other social ills especially in hillbrow.I know my country is poor in most aspects to yours but the truth is that you guys can't stand up to the white man.

8 Likes

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2020
azmanaty02:

They re looking for free items to loot. I watched it on aljazeera. They were already looting shops. South africans - blacks especially are very very lazy and always looking for opportunities to seize

And they said on Al-Jazeera that SA blacks are very very lazy? Do they say that too about the black Americans looting stores and setting them alight in the US today? How about the London protests of 2011, was that also lazy people in Britain?

I asked you why Nigerians do not protest against bad leadership in their country over the past decades now. Isn't that the height of laziness?

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2020
WannaHowzit:

And this said on Al-Jazeera that SA blacks are very very lazy? Do they say that too about the black Americans looting stores and setting them alight in the US today? How about the London protests of 2011, was that also lazy people in Britain?

I asked you why Nigerians do not protest again bad leadership in their country for decades now. Isn't that the height of laziness?

U protested inside Click's store while at the same time looting their wares. If u want to do a real protest, do outside where the whole world will see u, and not inside the store where u can loot (like u did earlier today)

8 Likes

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 8:33pm On Sep 07, 2020
NegroAcheiver:

grin You're very funny.I asked if foreigners destroyed the stores.You are telling me they destroyed hillbrow and yeoville.Let me guess south Africans don't commit any crimes and it's the influx of foreigners ( in your mind Nigerians) who brought about Poverty and other social ills especially in hillbrow.I know my country is poor in most aspects to yours but the truth is that you guys can't stand up to the white man.

What is funnier is you failing to connect the dots - you are accusing these South Africans of being destructive same way your own brothers are destructive in SA as well. You want to pin me to the destruction of property alone, human lives are more important (think of the crimes and drugs your brothers are involved in). When South Africans destroy those they are eliminating criminal infrastructure (or your businesses as you naively call them).

With relation to Hillbrow everyone knows wherever Nigerians move in South Africans move out. That speaks volumes. Look at the sorry state of Hillbrow today - it's a no-go area.

Indeed the entrenchment of European capital across Southern Africa and the threat of Western sanctions makes it difficult to deal decisively with white people (look at Zimbabwe) but clearly as you can see from such protests we are not afraid of them. We are dealing with them on the farms as well.
Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2020
azmanaty02:

U protested inside Click's store while at the same time looting their wares. If u want to do a real protest, do outside where the whole world will see u, and not inside the store where u can loot (like u did earlier today)

You mean like this?

Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by austine4real(m): 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2020
Crazy people of Africa
Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 8:51pm On Sep 07, 2020
austine4real:
Crazy people of Africa

They are fighting for there rights...when last did u fight for YOUR rights? I'm sure you are not even politically active in Nigeria with all its humangous problems. That's what's crazy.
Re: South Africans Destroy Popular Store Because of Racist Advert (PICS) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2020
WannaHowzit:

You mean like this?

No, like this

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Under Wanted List For Always Bursting SARS Location / Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking / Teacher Caught Pants Down With 7-year Old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.