Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice (23808 Views)

Lagos Government Sacks Judge Who Dissolved Marriage, Snatched Complainant’s Wife / Zimbabwean Woman Sacks Husband, Brings In Boyfriend, Have Sex In Front Of Kids / Wedding Of 42-Year-Old Folasade Dairo, A Nigerian Mother Of 4 In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by dre11(m): 9:21am On Sep 08, 2020
Ifeyinwa Ezukamma, a 40-year-old mother of five, was chased out of her matrimonial home by her husband’s family for insisting on justice for her eight-year-old daughter, raped by her tenant.

Ezukamma told newsmen that the incident took place in their country home, Ogidi, Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State. She said though she caught the suspect, aged 57, in the act on July 23, she claimed the man had been violating her daughter since March.

The woman, who had since packed to her relatives’ home, alleged that her husband had been compromised, and therefore, warned her not to pursue the matter because it would bring disgrace to their family.

“I noticed an unusual noise and movement in the bathroom. So out of curiosity, I went to check if everything was normal. To my amazement, it was a tenant in our house, an old man, having sex with my daughter. I asked my daughter what happened, she said the old man had been raping her for some months and had threatened to kill her if she told anybody about it, that was why she did not tell me,” she said.

Ezukamma alleged that her husband collected money and asked her to do the same, and her travail started when she refused, insisting that she would get justice for her daughter. She said the family chased her and took away her teenage daughters from her for insisting on bringing disgrace to the family and reporting the matter to a child rights organisation, after the matter was reported at a police station.

Preliminary reports from Iyi-Enu Mission Hospital, Ogidi, where the child was taken to on August 4 and examined, showed that there was penetration. The document signed by Dr Madubuike Chinelo said the history was sturdily suggestive of sexual abuse.

“The episode had happened up to five times prior to the most recent encounter. The examination done in the presence of a chaperon showed there was hyperemia of the vaginal mucosa, no obvious vaginal discharge, and a hymen that had already been tampered with, the client was placed on some drugs for the vaginitis,” it stated.

Child Right Brigade International (CRIB), an NGO, said the matter was reported to its office on August 12. CRIB vowed to resist any cover-up and would ensure that the suspect was charged to court and prosecuted.

Obiora Nnaemeka, coordinator of CRIB in Anambra, said the information the organisation gathered was that the father of the victim, Mr Alex Ezukamma, collected some money to strike out the case from the police.

Nnaemeka said CRIB had written the Divisional Police Officer at Ogidi station to effect the arrest of the suspect and the father of the child, and bring up the matter for investigation and prosecution. He said this would serve as a deterrent to other would-be offenders and stem the tide of rising rape and pedophilia in society.

On his part, the father of the victim confirmed to newsmen that his daughter was raped and that the man had been arrested, detained, and granted bail. He added that the suspect had also been warned not to return to the house.

Ezukamma denied collecting any form of gratification for his raped daughter, saying though he was a pagan, he would never touch such money but would prefer to do some cleansing.

He said his family was not in support of the wife’s push for prosecution because of the shame it would bring to the family and the stigma it would leave on his daughter.

“She disobeyed me, and my elders and junior ones’ order not to drag our family name into the mud, and the shame it will bring to us and our daughter. That is why I asked her to leave my house. My wife can go to any length she wishes, but our name must not be involved,” he said.

When contacted, CSP Remigus Ekuri, DPO, Ogidi, confirmed the incident and said the matter would be charged to court as soon as the medical report was available.

SOURCE

3 Likes

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by Kriss216: 9:29am On Sep 08, 2020
This is one of the reasons most rape victims and their families don't open up to rape cases in Nigeria.

It is the duty of the government to help in this scenario. Provide shelter and assistant for this family.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by Jestin: 12:22pm On Sep 08, 2020
How can a man be in position of compromise when it involves his own blood. Some men are born foolish

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by Coronavirus84: 12:22pm On Sep 08, 2020
The two guys above me, I don't like what I hate. This is a case of a useless man that had taking bribe and couldn't voice out the truth claiming its a shame

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by Queenlovely(f): 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2020
Fresh

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by b0rn2fuck(m): 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2020
Justice !
Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by Islie: 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2020
This is sickening to hear that....

Family sacks woman for seeking justice for raped daughter

https://thenationonlineng.net/family-sacks-woman-for-seeking-justice-for-raped-daughter/

How much is the money compare to the love would have given to your daughter if you seek justice on this case

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by konkonbilo(m): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2020
angry Seems Anambra state doesn't want to drop point at all, the way there are going they might become unbeaten this season.

12 Likes

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by free2ryhme: 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2020
dre11:

SOURCE

This is so wrong na
Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by Kusheer(m): 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2020
Nice one
Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by favourume(f): 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2020
Why do we keep suffering
Because we dont want to be disgraced we keep quiet and scatter the child future.

4 Likes

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by promotervickky(m): 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2020
That man must be arrested, including the husband and his family, I know of a case whereby a girl was raped, he was pardoned and just last year, the man raped 1 of his daughters.

The girl he previously raped life was tarnished, she went to the streets and became a sex worker

4 Likes

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by movierequest(m): 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2020
Na wa
Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by sammysneh(m): 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2020
It's fucking bad, The family wants to cover the case

They are suppose to be united to fight for justice for the young girl..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by YorubaKinging: 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2020
The end is near

Get ready for war
Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by oluseyiforjesus(m): 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2020
Who Employ her?
Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by padi94(m): 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2020
Tf
Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by Kingpele(m): 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2020
Wow, I haven't seen such a naive husband like this guy in awhile, how can u evict your own wife from your home because she is determined to pursue justice for her daughter that was molested by a he goat, no no this man can't be from our Anambra state, maybe his great grandparents migrated from Zimbabwea... There is no other way to aid this rapist then to keep secret of thier activities and there is no sane way of getting justice without involvement of government, even if the man wanted to kill the idiot that reap his daughter, he will still get himself into a bigger problem with the law, we are in 21 century and so most be civil in pursuit of justice.. He even said she disrespected his elderly and family members by going public. As if they went through labor pains with her...

2 Likes

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by Bkayyy: 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2020
Try to reason from the husbands angle.
Remember there are three sides to a story, I don't believe the woman's accusation that the husband took bribe from the rapist ( especially an allegation from Christians that are known Liars than a statement from a traditional worshipper that knows the implications of lies and injustice). The man is just trying to safe guard his daughters image and future and avoid making life a living hell for her. I believe he has his own way of getting justice because if not I'll say he is a slowpoke, a big fool and a fellow pedophile.
The woman is just a disobedient and stubborn wife, now the whole world has known that her daughter of 8 years old likes having sex with an old pedophile, though it's constitutionally rape but the way it's reported it sounds as if the girl was coerced and she enjoys the act.
She should have been smart and meet the necessary authorities to get justice without her name, family or that of daughter appearing in news like this. Now, the innocent girl will have to live with the stigma for the rest of her life.
This is why I advise women that no matter the anger, I know we are humans and sometimes our emotions get ahead of us not to publicize it to irrelevant people, meet the necessary authorities and remind them to handle it without publicizing your family or daughters name to avoid stigma.

5 Likes

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by Golan007: 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2020
Anambra?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by emmabest2000(m): 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2020
That old Shameless motherfucker man must be a friend to the little girl mumu fada

Birds of the same feather fly together

I stand with the woman

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by KossyKiss97(f): 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2020
What!!! Totally unbelievable!

Please call me asap for your children Educational Tablets 080 6029 1729

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by favourume(f): 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2020
Bkayyy:
Try to reason from the husbands angle

Reason what pls shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by Timekeeper: 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2020
.. Anambra again..

Why is anambra news always making front page??

Is this a kind of propaganda

3 Likes

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by whizbee(m): 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2020
Ask Nigerians to do GoFundMe for this cause now, single human being, you no go see

4 Likes

Re: Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice by BrighterMe: 12:29pm On Sep 08, 2020
K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady / My Mum's Not Dead!’-Daughter Of Missing Abuja-based Woman Insist Her Mum's Alive / Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.