Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? (23812 Views)

My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? / Living With My Married Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2023
Greetings naira Landers, my only sister is happily married to a lawyer and this guy have been instrumental to me and my family since he got married to my sister. Now I intend getting a car for my sis because her office is a little bit far from their home, the problem now is I don't know how her husband will feel if I use my sister's name for the car papers. Now I'm contemplating between using only her name or including her husband's name to the document which made me to bring the question here. Please married couples in the house,I need your sincere advice.

Note: I don't want to discuss this with my sis and her husband because I want the car to be a surprise

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by modernWays: 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2023
Didn't your sister answer her husband surname?

Just put Mrs ......

170 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by advanceDNA: 9:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Greetings naira Landers, my only sister is happily married to a lawyer and this guy have been instrumental to me and my family since he got married to my sister. Now I intend getting a car for my sis because her office is a little bit far from their home, the problem now is I don't know how her husband will feel if I use my sister's name for the car papers. Now I'm contemplating between using only her name or including her husband's name to the document which made me to bring the question here. Please married couples in the house,I need your sincere advice.

Note: I don't want to discuss this with my sis and her husband because I want the car to be a surprise

If she has not changed her name officially and isnt planning to ..and shee still has id cards in her maiden name...buy it in her maiden name...

If she has changed her name...use her first name and her husband's surname naa...

120 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Visocrate(m): 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2023
The question here is who is gonna drive the car because of police and other road criminals if you understand what I mean
I guess you know the reason why people do change of ownership too

15 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by boldx(m): 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2023
I will prefer you ask your sister for her opinion. Please don't come and divide the family with your good intention. Don't take that decision on your own. It is easier to destroy a relationship than to build it.

189 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Kobojunkiee: 9:46pm On Aug 23, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

If you want to buy a car for X, shouldn't you put X's name on the car? I mean this isn't rocket science at all since the gift typically bears the name of the one whom the gift is meant for unless you have ulterior motives for presenting said gift. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
If you want to buy a car for X, shouldn't you put X's name on the car? I mean this isn't rocket science at all since the gift typically bears the name of the one whom the gift is meant for unless you have ulterior motives for presenting said gift. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I don't have any ulterior motives my boss. Her husband is my guy like we're very close....so I'm only trying to be safer side in terms of the car documentation. I no want wetin go cause problem...you know we humans can be funny?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:56pm On Aug 23, 2023
boldx:
I will prefer you ask your sister for her opinion. Please don't come and divide the family with your good intention. Don't take that decision on your own. It is easier to destroy a relationship than to build it.

Then it won't be a surprise anymore

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:56pm On Aug 23, 2023
Visocrate:
The question here is who is gonna drive the car because of police and other road criminals if you understand what I mean
Both

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:57pm On Aug 23, 2023
advanceDNA:

If she has not changed her name officially and isnt planning to ..and shee still has id cards in her maiden name...buy it in her maiden name...

If she has changed her name...use her first name and her husband's surname naa...
I don't really know about this one oh
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Worriedwife: 9:57pm On Aug 23, 2023
Her husband's brother would not ask this question if he wanted to buy a car for his brother. You are doing too much or you just want nlders to argue.

133 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Kobojunkiee: 10:02pm On Aug 23, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
I don't have any ulterior motives my boss. Her husband is my guy like we're very close....so I'm only trying to be safer side in terms of the car documentation.
■ I no want wetin go cause problem...you know we humans can be funny?
Is your sister an illegal immigrant that it ain't safe to have her as the sole owner of a car you claim you wish to gift her? If she weren't married, would you look for a male relative to put as owner of the car for the safety side of what? I am trying to understand clearly why you claim the gift is for your sister but you feel you need to drag the mention of her husband into it. undecided

2. You are the funny human in this scenario. undecided

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Worriedwife: 10:07pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Is your sister an illegal immigrant that it ain't safe to have her as the sole owner of a car you claim you wish to gift her? If she weren't married, would you look for a male relative to put as owner of the car for the safety side of what? I am trying to understand clearly why you claim the gift is for your sister but you feel you need to drag the mention of her husband into it. undecided

2. You are the funny human in this scenario. undecided

Tnk you Kobo

3 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by dawnomike(m): 10:20pm On Aug 23, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

Since the guy has been good to your family and he is not messing up, put the name as Mr and Mrs. .......

17 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by VTJN(m): 10:20pm On Aug 23, 2023
Worriedwife:
Her husband's brother would not ask this question if he wanted to buy a car for his brother. You are doing too much or you just want nlders to argue.
that is the level they had put women in this country my brother. Patriarchy in a 3rd world country is worrisome

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by illicit(m): 10:22pm On Aug 23, 2023
What is your sister's name?

Whatever she answers on her papers is what u put

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by VTJN(m): 10:22pm On Aug 23, 2023
dawnomike:
Since the guy has been good to your family and he is not messing up, put the name as Mr and Mrs. .......
Will the husband brother do same if he wants to buy car for his brother? Will he put Mr and Mrs on the documents of car he wants to buy for his brother?

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:22pm On Aug 23, 2023
dawnomike:
Noted
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Wawelexy(m): 10:23pm On Aug 23, 2023
modernWays:
Didn't your sister answer her husband surname?

Just put Mrs ......

Case closed 🔐

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by boldx(m): 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Then it won't be a surprise anymore
If I were your sister's husband and you buy a car in your sister's name, I may not take it lightly. It is a very sensitive issue. It depends on your brother-in-law. If he is a traditional Nigerian man, he will read meaning into it - like - are you trying to say I am not taking care of my wife?

So if you are not being political about it, buy the car in your brother in law's name. You are mixing up 2 things which are not related: 1) you want to give them a surprise 2) you want to buy a car for your sister, in her name to aid her in going to work due to distance (to avoid stress).

I wish you the best sha

5 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Timoleon(m): 10:48pm On Aug 23, 2023
Put your own name on it. Give her all necessary documents and she can drive wherever she wants.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Mindlog: 10:48pm On Aug 23, 2023
VTJN:
that is the level they had put women in this country my brother. Patriarchy in a 3rd world country is worrisome

This reminds me of a couple who came to the UK in September 2021 via study route. The husband was the student while the wife was the dependent and working full time as a domiciliary care worker to support clearing her husband's outstanding tuition fees as the husband was strictly working 20hrs weekly as a student and covered their rent and feeding. Few months down the line, the company gave the wife a small car to be driving to their different service users' homes to provide care, the company gave her a fuel card and were responsible for maintaining the car which she drove home daily even when off shift, the car was with her.

When she was off shift and the car packed in front of their residence, oga go dey insist on wifey to give him car keys so he could drive around for a while but wifey would refuse, reminding him that should he get involved in an accident or got fined for traffic violations while he is the one behind the wheels, she will be in trouble and insurance would not cover the damages. That caused a big strain in their marriage, oga reported her to relatives back in Nigeria of being selfish and arrogant. cheesy cheesy cheesy

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2023
boldx:

If I were your sister's husband and you buy a car in your sister's name, I may not take it lightly. It is a very sensitive issue. It depends on your brother-in-law. If he is a traditional Nigerian man, he will read meaning into it - like - are you trying to say I am not taking care of my wife?

So if you are not being political about it, buy the car in your brother in law's name. You are mixing up 2 things which are not related: 1) you want to give them a surprise 2) you want to buy a car for your sister, in her name to aid her in going to work due to distance (to avoid stress).

I wish you the best sha
noted
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2023
Timoleon:
Put your own name on it. Give her all necessary documents and she can drive wherever she wants.
Wont that be an issue with law enforcement agency

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Timoleon(m): 11:02pm On Aug 23, 2023
Why will it be an issue? If you employed s driver, would you put the car in the driver’s name? People drive other people’s cars all the time.
YoungDaNaval:
Wont that be an issue with law enforcement agency

12 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by YoungDaNaval(m): 11:05pm On Aug 23, 2023
Timoleon:
Why will it be an issue? If you employed s driver, would you put the car in the driver’s name? People drive other people’s cars all the time.
noted

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Klass99(f): 11:08pm On Aug 23, 2023

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Nemesis0147(m): 11:17pm On Aug 23, 2023
Your sister name na

3 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 24, 2023
Since her husband is a Lawyer, then he should know that the name of the legal owner of the vehicle should be on the documents. That said, since he's a good man and has been "instrumental" (I'm assuming you mean he has helped you in some kinda way) to you and your family, why not involve him in the process of you surprising your sister with the car? You would still be the one presenting the car to her, as you're the one who bought it for her and the one surprising her with it, but you should take him along. Just tell him not to tell your sister beforehand but as a mature man, once you tell him it's a "surprise", he should know not to do that.

About him feeling some kind of way,
I'm assuming he has a car of his own, so there's no reason he should feel somehow or envious about your sister having her own car. Even if he doesn't have his own, that's the more reason he should be happy about the car because they will both be using it anyway, until he gets his own for himself. Any grown and mature man/husband would have no problem with this at all.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by MarketDispatch: 2:28am On Aug 24, 2023
[se YoungDaNaval [/quote]

"Mr and Mrs Surname".

Don't bring division by putting only your sisters name

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by NFBI: 3:12am On Aug 24, 2023
Op my name since i am your in-law

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:58am On Aug 24, 2023
Why should you even think of putting her husband's name on the car document? If he is truly a good man like you say, then a car gift with his wife's name should not bother him. In life no one knows tomorrow, put your sisters name alone.

35 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Mum's Not Dead!’-Daughter Of Missing Abuja-based Woman Insist Her Mum's Alive / Soldiers Rescue 14 Pregnant Teenagers, 8 Children In Abia - Photo / Why Would A Man Go For A Second Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.