Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,277 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? (41292 Views)

My Ram Died And I Roasted It For My Dogs (photos) / Threatened By A Snake, Warned By My Dogs / Pls Suggest The Type Of Local Food I Can Give To My Dogs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by Bobbies007(m): 3:38pm On Sep 11, 2020
Nackzy:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please my dog has a lot of Bugs on the Body, Please what can i use to remove the bugs, they are sucking blood from the Dog, thereby not allowing the Dog to Grow as it suppose to, From sad experience i don't want to use Sniper or all those chemicals, cos that was what killed my friends Dog.

I need something mild but effective...
Thanks, don't mine my errors

Let me just advice you,if you read this sha, don't use any powder or spray on your dog because if it gets to any wound it will affect it and can lead to death, so i therefore recommend you take it to a vet, there is this injection i gave my dog, i can't remember the name because its long, but yu can ask thos people selling dog food or vet, or just google for the injection online..
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by RAPHAELOK(m): 3:46pm On Sep 11, 2020
Use amitraz... Mix with water to bath the dog. It's very effective. I use it to bath my German Shepard whenever I noticed ticks on my dog. Thank me later. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by Jazzafizzy(f): 3:46pm On Sep 11, 2020
Lusheyi:

Even the blood sucking ticks don't deserve hypo... Make una dey take am easy abeg
Have u watched "BLADE " before ? See what garlic did to those blood sucking demon ? Then the hypo is for double action .....

1 Like

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by hekkyboi: 3:58pm On Sep 11, 2020
gwinfyoung:
I have a GSD which is now 11 months old. Wen he was 3 months, ticks almost finished him. They where everywhere in his body. It was worst on him because he was an hairy dog, so they had no problem living comfortably in him and sucking him constantly. It got so bad that ticks where inside our house because of him. He literally fell sick because of them.

You have two options. Either you take your dog to a vet in which he would be given Ivermectin injection plus some spray. The problem with this option is that is does not last long, and will require you to visit d vet again... Let's say in 4-5 months.

The second option... Which is what I went for is to order for this drug SIMPARICA. its very expensive. About 14k. It contains 4 tablets inside. Its so so effective. Once adminstered to your dog... U will literally see d ticks start falling off from his body. It was so effective that you just need to give d dog just half a tablet which will last him for 8 months. I watched my dog sleep peacefully for the first time. Most vet here won't b happy with this info... because the injection method is d way they make their money.

N.B: avoid putting your dog in wooden cages.
please how do I order for SIMPARICA and where can I get it from? thanks
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by hekkyboi: 4:01pm On Sep 11, 2020
Proton99:

Palm karnel oil. Its safe, no side Effect.
paddy, serious? or u just dey pull my kini
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by chaloskyx: 4:02pm On Sep 11, 2020
KILL THE DOG TO EASE ITS PAIN

1 Like

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by hekkyboi: 4:08pm On Sep 11, 2020
thundafire:
Once der is tick in ur dog,it's der to stay. Only way to completely eliminate it is to bath dog constantly and apply the drugs/cream prescribe for it and also if u can change dey top sand in ur compound or if it's floored re do it again and u will have a free tick environment
please edit so we can comprehend
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by Twenty8: 4:12pm On Sep 11, 2020
Makavelli25:
Its called tick. If na ekuke dog,use kerosene to rub its body. But if na foriegn dog,go see a VET

Stupid logic
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by ovalmystic(m): 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2020
Nackzy:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please my dog has a lot of Bugs on the Body, Please what can i use to remove the bugs, they are sucking blood from the Dog, thereby not allowing the Dog to Grow as it suppose to, From sad experience i don't want to use Sniper or all those chemicals, cos that was what killed my friends Dog.

I recommend you visit a vet.. try get Zamitrax(uk) ..it's a highly effective bathing chemical for dogs,,with the dog soap...

Try to maintain high level of hygiene in and around your dogs environment. Wash the dogs cage with hypo,Zamitrax and Izal...don't forget to allow the cage to dry before taking your dog in and make sure it's well ventilated..

Do this repeatedly till the bugs are gone.. most times when you bath your dog,,the ones on the body die off but we forget their could be bug eggs and the larvae in crevices in/around your dogs cage hence the need to also wash your cage repeatedly as you bath your dog until the cycle of breeding for the bugs is eliminated..

And again...visit your vet..
cheers
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by Dizzyrascal(m): 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2020
Makavelli25:
Its called tick. If na ekuke dog,use kerosene to rub its body. But if na foriegn dog,go see a VET
abeg Oga which one be ekuke dog again? Am kinda confused....thanks

PS: Pls identify 5 characteristics features of an ekuke dog(you will make heaven Las Las)... grin grin grin grin
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by JPMorgan2: 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2020
Pls consult a Veterinary Doctor

1 Like

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by ogbonnachrys: 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2020
Pls avoid sniper
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by showafrica(m): 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2020
Makavelli25:

Lol, see the way you treat ekuke.. Hahaha, ekuke na foreign dog for Australia oo. Chai poor ekuke..
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by jeff1607(m): 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2020
After getting rid of the ticks on your dog remember to fumigate the area as eggs and other ticks hidden on the floor or wood of the surroundings or kennel might still be harboring them

1 Like

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by ogubolokento(m): 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2020
after applying all this if it didn't work boil the dog with salt, Maggi, cameroune peper, Kai Kai and saint leaf or otazi......
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by Melaninprincess(f): 5:17pm On Sep 11, 2020
I wouldn't know what to prescribe for a dog but incase you or anyone need to see a doctor. My signature will aid you
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by eodavids(m): 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2020
Nackzy:
Hello Nairalanders,

Go to a vet chemist (medicine shop where they sell dogs drugs) ask them to give you the small small tablets that take care of those bugs.

The tablets are small in size yet effective when you add two tablets to its food once in every three days. It works effectively and not harmful to the pet.

Do it now, and quickly.

The next thing is that you may have to prevent your dog from going to mix and play among other dogs who will deposit more bugs on it when you have eradicated the present ones
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by rodgermetty(m): 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2020
Nackzy:
Hello Nairalanders,

amazing herb black seed oil has been found very effective to work for dogs same as it works for human.

Giving the dog a spoon and rubbing it on its skin will do wonder.

You can find over 100 testimonies about it here on nairaland on this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/6084639/amazing-herbs-black-seed-oil/

If you check well you will see some people who have used for their dog and testified about its effectiveness.
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by Bobage16(m): 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2020
buy one chemical called scorpion and pour it inside d water u use in bathing d dog..try d baff d dog too...deres anisa one called cobra too...all ds dog shop or chemical shop get am
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by earnit3: 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2020
Normal
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by DJMCOTTY(m): 5:45pm On Sep 11, 2020
That year na kerosene we dey use, cheesy but all the dog hair go nearly comot finish
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by Proton99: 5:50pm On Sep 11, 2020
hekkyboi:
paddy, serious? or u just dey pull my kini
100%
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by OtunbaBlack(m): 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2020
Go to a dog shop and buy anthrax though a bit expensive but very effective that’s what I use for my dog as prescribed by the vet..
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by Nackzy: 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2020
Hapiaka1:

Go to the veterinary market closest to you and ask for IZINTOL tick bath solution. Very effective and safe for your dog. Cheers cheesy
Thank you i really appreciate
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by Nackzy: 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2020
enilowo:
I stopped seeing Ticks on my dogs when i discover this wonderful spray. The beauty of it is that once spray today you dont need till after 6months

Thanks for your contributions i appreciate
This is why i love Nairaland
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by Nackzy: 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2020
Thank you very much for all the comments, the serious ones and the funny ones, i appreciate them all, thank you seun and all the mods for bringing it to front Page, i have found solution here thanks guys am honoured
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by Champneys: 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2020
Kill the fu..cking dog

It is as good as dead.

1 Like

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by noskcid(m): 7:11pm On Sep 11, 2020
if you will hear me oga just go and buy black coconut oil and rub on the body then give the dog to drink.
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by EmmaLege: 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2020
seunH:
Simply go a a vet, he/she will administer Ivermectin injection in order to destroy the parasite from within, and you can also get an acaricidal bath like lime sulphur, armitraz, cypermethrin etc to bath your dog every week. But please make sure your dog's environment is clean and if you are financially buoyant enough, you can get Fipronil® spray for preventive measures. I hope this helps

100%
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by sirp9898(m): 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2020
Mix kerosene and comfo and rub is slightly around it body
Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by wiloy2k8(m): 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2020
Get something with Fipronil and thank me later

Re: Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? by idexpaul1: 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2020
Kindly get Amitrax or tactic...
Get warm water and put small quantity in water.
(Say 2 caps of the bottle which equivalent to two tea spoon).
Use it to bathe the Dog at least 3 times in a week to kill the ticks on the body of the dog and the environment.
Thank me later....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dog Owner Offers N100K Reward For Missing Dogs, Romulus & Remus (Photo) / Shadow The Destroyer / See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.